The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

By ShilpiKhanna

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 106
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
Bridge Chapter 3.B
A Featured book!

Chapter 67

1.7K 155 72
By ShilpiKhanna

Suvarna's POV.

I stared in awe at the structure in front. It had a mystique quality about it. It ismassive and I am enchanted.

Now the only cloud in my horizon is- what is it's name?

For some reasons Shishir rushed our shopping trip and made us huddle into the car and John drove us to the station directly.

The train journey this time too had been really marvellous- though quite long! We travelled for well over six hours but it was worth it.

It was almost evening now and I still it not know what Shishir is upto. I looked at the three guys and saw Shishir had his eyes on me. He gave me a smile and I scowled at him.

What does he mean by rushing me off like that? I was having such a good time. Not that I am not enjoying now but I am not going to tell him that.

I had thought we will return to London since our grandfathers are back but this trio seems to be cooking something up!

Well Shishir seems to be having a plan and these two are going along with it. Worse part is he keeping me in the dark.

I decided to ignore the trio - well for the simple reason right now they were not paying attention to me.

But I really want to know where I am and the sign boards are not helping. The ones near me are not even in English.

Looking around I caught sight of a young man who was clicking photographs of the structure in front. I bit my lip slightly thinking about it then making up my mind I approached him.

From the corner of my eye I saw that boyfriend of mine start to frown and increased my pace.

Good! NOW he thinks of paying attention to me.

I went and stopped near the man and he gave me a look of surprise.

All I want to find out is the name of the place we are in. From the time duration we took to reach here it has to be interior France.

Infact the French spoken here seems to be quite different from what people where speaking in Paris.

I don't speak or understand the language but still it sounded totally different and I am intrigued by it.

"Hello." I smiled at the man trying not to pay attention to the three men approaching us.

Let those three go to hell. I will show them I can take care of myself even when they are insensitive and don't include me in their discussions.

The man in front of me had stopped clicking pictures and was looking at me with a small smile on his face.

Encouraged I asked him "Do you speak English?"

When he nodded I sighed in relief. "I was wondering what is the name of this place?" I asked pointing at the massive building in front.

When the man's eyebrows rose up I realised how silly my question have sounded.

Crap! How do I manage to make myself look so silly? Noticing the trio had almost reached us I made a determined effort to show I am having a nice casual conversation with the man.

"I mean I know- Of course I do." I said with a hollow made up laughter. "But since the French spoken here is so different I-"

The loud bark of laughter made me stop abruptly and I turned to see their very amused faces. Danny and Shishir were grinning and Paresh was jumping up and down, wearing that new coat of his.

"Why is the fancy dressed banana bouncing around?" I asked glaring at the still grinning Danny.

Shishir the brainless, manner less boy I decided to ignore.

"French?" a very confused sounding voice made me turn towards the man I had been talking to.

Shishir smiled and shook his hands and just said "Thank you. You have fun. We are with her." He put his hand around my waist and I hit it away.

"Stop laughing freak and keep you paw off me." I said hitting at his hand off me.

What was so funny? I was just enquiring like a tourist? A normal tourist question it was!

"You are an original piece." Shishir said and tried to smother his smile and failed.

"Different sounding French." Paresh wheezed sounding breathless as he came and stood beside me .

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGING FOR YOU WALKING FRUIT SALAD?" I shouted at him.

"Suvi, the French sounds different because it is not French." Shishir said as he put his arm on my shoulder even when I tried to shake it off.

His fingers cupped my chin making me look to the sign board not far from us. It was in English! How did I miss seeing this one?

I squinted my eyes at the words and felt my cheeks warm in embarrassment.

Barcelona, Spain.

I gave that sign board a look of dismay

Spain. Spanish. Not different sounding French.

"We are the famous La Sagrada Familia church." Shishir said softly near my ears.

Of course, the monument still under construction from the nineteenth century I thought wanting to bury myself in a hole in the ground.

***

"It's lucky we are here on Saturday." Danny said.

"Yes. It really is lucky. We can see the Montjuic Magic fountain show!" Pareshagreed and gave me a side look. "Suvi chocolate?"

"Wow Paredh you are offering chocolate." Danny said trying to sound excited.

"Of course. She is my best friend." Paresh said rather enthusiastically.

"Can I have a piece too?" Danny continued his effort.

"No. This is only for Suvi." Paresh replied

The duo continued their banter from either side of me as they tried to make me talk to them. They were trying to humour me as an apology for having laughed at me.

I will not talk to them. Absolutely not.

I made a fool of myself and am putting the blame on the trio. I have never been to Europe before how was I to know we have crossed borders to a different country?

By keeping your eyes and ears open my sub conscious mind tried to reason and I started ignoring it too.

I almost groaned again in embarrassment as I remembered my comment 'Different sounding French.'

How could I do such a big blunder? I glared at the man who had planned this sudden trip halfway through shopping and saw him typing away on his phone.

He glanced up right then and our eyes met. He gave me one of his irresistible smiles and I looked away still feeling pissed.

That is all he has been doing most of the time. Typing on his phone!

My phone buzzed with a new notification and glanced at it seeing I had a new friend request for my Instagram account that is private.

Sexy Shark. I smiled as I accepted the request. Immediately I saw some strange pictures.

"New war weapons." I heard Paresh say and realised he and Shishir also are looking at the same pictures with confused looks on their faces.

"Whatever they are they look deadly." Danny said staring at Paresh's screen. Shishir dialled a number and spoke into the phone and started chuckling.

"Thanks Charles. See you soon."

He looked at us and pointed at the pictures. "Any guesses what these are?"

I peered at my phone and stared at the blackish objects with holes in them. In fact some of them had huge holes in the centre and hardly any metal - orwhatever the black material was around them.

"Missile loaders?" Danny tried

"Land mines?" Paresh tried helpfully.

Shishir shook his head and looked at me. Despite my anger towards him I shrugged my shoulders. "My knowledge of weapons is limited to what I have seen in movies." I said.

Shishir started laughing and his laughter is contagious and I felt my lips pull on their own accord. "Shishir stop laughing and tell us." I scolded trying not to laugh.

"That is Dadaji and Nanaji's lunch- Aloo Paratha." He said trying to catch his breath.

"No way!" Paresh said looking horrified at the thought that the objects are food items.

"What happened to Charles? He has cooked Indian food items I the past." Danny said trying not to smile.

"Not Charles- Papa." Shishir said and Paresh me and Danny stared at him.

Shishir's POV.

Suvi is still not talking to me much and I hate this. This is not like her at all. I can make out she has some things in her mind that is the real cause of her worry and not the teasing for her goof up last evening.

Even at the Magic fountain show she hardly spoke to me. I could tell she loved it and was really happy after it. But her restrain was evident.

I have a feeling this is due to her conversation with MmAnju Mami. She is still not telling me and I know asking her will not help.

I sighed as our cab pulled outside Picasso Museum. I reached out to help her after getting down but she was already down.

She stepped ahead before I could hold her hand and I felt a pang in my heart. She is smiling and trying to look cheerful but with passing time I can sense her agitation increase.

Infact I had sensed it right after I had seen her cry after the phone call and that was one reason why I changed my plan from a week -ten days long tour to a shorter one.

Once I got to know our grandfathers were back in London I knew Suvi will want to return back. What is troubling me is her wanting to return back to Delhi.

I had told her I will also shift back and I will do so- only for her. But I cannot do right away. Especially not now with Aditya's case coming up and Papa wanting to fight it as his lawyer.

Since yesterday I have been constantly trying to settle things and get details so that the case is short and does not get messy.

Patesh's phone buzzed and he glanced at it and a strange unreadable expression came into his face.

"Two minutes." He said and almost ran to a side to answer it. Soon however he looked uite angry as he spoke into the phone.

After disconnecting the phone call he came and stood right in front of Suvi.

"Are you mad?" He asked her making me raise my eyebrow in surprise. What brought that on?

"No you are." Suvi answered calmly. Danny looked at them with interest immediately making me smile.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Paresh asked." Still not giving any details.

"Okay, so I will tell it now." Suvi said shrugging her shoulders. "You look like a monkey."

"Not that!" Paresh objected before thinking over what Suvi had said. "I don't look like a monkey."

"Right. You look like monkey food- banana." Suvi said pointing at his new coat.

"Okay guys, chill. " I interjected laughing before Paresh could come with a rejoinder. "We need to hurry up and finish seeing the museum We have a flight to catch for Italy later in the day."

"We are going to Italy today?" Suvi asked surprised.

"Yes. Sorry Suvi this trip is rather rushed one. I will bring you later for a long tour." I told her apologetically.

"No no, I don't mind." She smiled and this time I let her move ahead. I watched as she chatted with Danny before turning my gaze to Paresh.

He looked at me "Prema called." He said before I could ask him about the phone call.

"And?" I probed knowing somehow she told him about Suvi's conversation with Anju Mami.

Paresh's face turned angry before he told me what Prema had told him. I clenched my fist as a wild fury overtook me.

"What should we do bhaiya?" Paresh asked quietly. "I know she must be hurting inside."

I looked at Suvi as she tried to laugh and look cheerful. To know my girl is sad from within is like a sharp knife being stabbed at my heart.

"I will talk to her." I said and Paresh shook his head. "It will not help. She will want to go back to Delhi."

"I know." I said looking at Suvi. She does not deserve this. She always gives her one hundred percent in every relationship but somehow ends up getting pain in return.

I have been no different in the past. But not any more. Now I will not let Suvi face any of this alone.

&&&

Hope the chapter has been a good read. And yes the 'French; must have been rather different. LOL!

Dadaji posted his 'lunch's' photographs. Haha!

Now Shishir knows! No pre cap again. Shishir has a lot of things running in his mind.

The tour will end soon.

Do vote and comment.

Love, from me to you.:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 5.8K 49
Warningโš ๏ธ: this book is not edited. Has many mistakes! So in this story Divya Drishti are twins with powers separated by Psachini.. after 20 yrs fate...
112K 4.4K 65
ใ€Šใ€Š Featured in "๐€๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ" reading list by @๐—ช๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—Ÿ๐—ถ๐˜๐—œ๐—ก ใ€‹ใ€‹ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…†๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ……๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…‚๐Ÿ„ด...
10.8K 596 44
People Say Life is a Circle and it sure is. But never take your life for Granted. Life teaches you a Life Long Lesson and it is you how you convert y...
266K 19.6K 27
ON HOLD Suvansh ROY. "The man for whom everything should be in a professional way. The man with natural intelligence and well settled career in neu...