My Heart Is Yours

By TonnieSeawolf

Two hearts that beat as one. Will they find their way to each other? Or will fate take them on a different pa... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 90-A: The Demo
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 94-A: Demo 2
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97: MHIYxTJ Crossover
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 104: When The Thread Finally Broke
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Epilogue
Acknowledgements:
Finally Published!

Chapter 45

3.8K 413 39
By TonnieSeawolf

Maine woke up with a song that she didn't know stuck in her head. She looked about and realized that she was in a familiar room that she hadn't seen in almost 8 years. She was in Alden's room.

Maine noticed that the room was kept as is all these years. His half of the two way radio was still on the charger/stand that was plugged in a socket. His books were still stacked the same way as before, collecting dust on their shelf, except for a few Star Wars books that looked like it had been recently returned to their original position. His desktop was still there but no longer plugged in. Her Twilight book was still on his desk, completely forgotten through time.

She smiled and shook her head. She muttered happily, "I finally got my sleep over."

She left the bed and headed to the desk to pick up the book. That was where Richard saw her when he knocked softly and entered the room.

"Good morning," Richard greeted while holding two mugs of a hot beverage. "I'm glad you're awake. I brought you hot chocolate, but I added a fourth of a teaspoon of coffee in it."

Maine placed the book back on the desk, and reached for the mug.

"Thanks," she said and took a sip. "This taste almost the same as how I make mine. Could have used more coffee though."

"Sorry," he replied. "I don't really know how much caffeine is allowed for you to take. Especially with what happened last night. How are you feeling, by the way?"

"Better," replied Maine but she placed a hand on her chest. "My chest still feels a bit heavy but the palpitations are gone. And also the nausea."

She looked down and saw her book again. She reached out longingly, feeling the cover. Maine remembered when she lent the book to Alden on their first meeting. He was very reluctant to read it. She wondered how far he got.

"He never did get passed page three," Richard stated as if reading her mind. He was also looking at the book and was smiling at a memory.

Maine smiled and gave a short chuckle, "that's the first page of the first chapter. What is it with guys and Twilight that they don't seem to like it?"

"Two words, Maine," he replied, raising two fingers in front of her for emphasis. "Sparkling Vampires."

"Alden said the same thing before," she pouted. Then she looked at him and her eyes brighten. "Can I interest you in reading it?"

"Nope."

"Even if I say 'please'?"

Maine looked at Richard, batting her eyelashes and giving him the sweetest smile she could give. Richard laughed and looked away, taking a sip from his own mug to hide the blush that started to form. It also didn't help that she was wearing his clothes and he found it sexy. He remembered last night and how much he wanted to touch her creamy skin. He tried to still his heart and hide the blush from his face. He tried to think of something else.

"Please," she said again. "Humor me. I failed with Alden. Can't you give the book a chance?"

Richard looked at her, then at the book that was on Alden's desk and sighed. He just shook his head, still not looking at her, and said, "I'll think about it."

Maine smiled and took a drink from her mug. Richard noticed that she was looking around the room.

"After all these years," she muttered loudly. "I still couldn't figure out where he puts his guitar."

Richard choked on his drink when he heard Maine.

"Why are you looking for his guitar?"

Maine looked at him with her brows furrowed. She replied, "I had this strange dream last night. I heard a song that I have never heard before and it's currently on repeat in my head. I don't know. That dream made me think of Alden. He used to sing to me before."

Richard turned away from her and she noticed a frown on his face. He muttered something under his breath that she couldn't understand. But when he turned back, the smile was back.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, clearly avoiding the subject. "Breakfast is actually ready."

Maine nodded as she let Richard lead her to their dining room. Rio and Rick were already there and after the pleasantries they started eating. Richard was very attentive to her needs and was the one serving her. Conversation followed with Maine only half paying attention. Something wasn't right. She had been wondering about the music for years even before Alden died. Something was off and she couldn't place it.

After breakfast, Maine and Richard was about to help out with the dishes but his mother shooed them away, reminding them of the doctor's appointment for Maine. Richard relented and said he was going to hit the showers, while Maine stayed downstairs insisting on helping with the dishes. But Rio put her foot down that she needed to prepare for her appointment when Maine reached for the sponge. Maine reluctantly headed upstairs back to Alden's room where her things were.

She already opened the door and was about to enter the room when a thought struck her. She had never been to Richard's room and was wondering what his room looked liked. Maine could still see the light underneath the bathroom door so she knew that he was still inside. Without a moments hesitation, she decided to head to the next door. It was the only room she was never allowed to enter before so she guessed it was Richard's room. Turning the knob, she slowly opened it and crept inside.

Richard's room was much similar to Alden's in set-up but the decorations and contents were different. At his desk by the window sat his laptop and some sheet music piled neatly at one side of his desk. His bed was neatly covered, one of the side table had his phone and a transparent mug full of guitar picks of different colors, while the other side had Dan Brown's Inferno. He also has a three layered hanging bookshelf. But instead of books it was filled with CDs of different genre and much like Alden's, the bottom shelf had his CD player, but the speakers were bigger and Maine would guess, had better sound. The main difference in their rooms was the guitar on the stand at the corner of his room beside his desk. Hanging by the wall was an empty guitar bag. Beside the guitar was a stool and a sheet stand where a notebook was placed.

Maine walked towards the guitar. At closer inspection, she remembered that it was the exact same guitar she saw at the hospital. She wondered why it was there and not in Alden's room. She then eyed the notebook. She picked it up and flipped through the pages. She saw page upon page of what looked like poems but with chords on top of each stanza. Maine realized they were lyrics. As she continued to flip through the pages, her eyes caught a title called "Central Park". She read through it and realized she knew the lyrics.

"As sure as the sun going down," she read as she tried to remember the music. "I'll always be around...I'll always be around..."

She continued to read through the lyrics, she remembered that it was the song that Alden sang to her. He told her that he made the song for her.

"But this isn't Alden's handwriting," she muttered to herself. She continued to flip through the pages. She saw another lyrics that was familiar. It was titled "Undone".

"Tell me everything you need now anything at all," she read. "And I will be the one who's waiting anytime you fall...why do I know this lyrics? I feel like I've heard this before."

She flipped to the last page. One side of the page had the title "If I Could Fly" and reading through the lyrics, Maine realized it was the song that was playing in her head the whole morning. The next page though had no title but a question mark was placed instead. She also noticed that the lyrics was finished but there was no chords written on top of it yet.

"What is going on?" Maine wondered as she put the notebook back in it's proper place. "Has RJ been the one playing for me all along?"

She turned just in time to see Richard standing by the door. His chest was bare, save for the bath towel draped on one shoulder. His hair was still wet and unruly from the shower. And he was only wearing boxer shorts. Richard was staring at Maine, wide eyes in shock. Maine stood mouth agape, eyes also wide in shock as she continued to stare at Richard's well toned biceps and chest.

"Maine?" Richard said. "What are you doing in my room?"

"What?" Maine answered, as she darted her eyes from his chest to his face.

"Why are you in my room?" He asked again as he tried to hide both amusement and embarrassment in his voice.

"Oh," she exclaimed. "I was looking for the bathroom."

"It's the other door," he pointed behind him. "Right across this one."

"Okay," she replied but she just stood there, unmoving.

"Maine?"

"Yes?"

"Maine," he repeated so that her attention was back to his face. "I really don't mean to be rude. But can you please leave my room now?"

"Oh yes!" She exclaimed as she felt the blood rush through her face. "I'm sorry."

She quickly darted out to the open door that Richard was holding for her as he continued to try to hide his amusement. Maine quickly ran back to Alden's room shutting the door behind her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 5.4K 17
Two hearts brought together by fate. Two hearts that fell deeply in love. Two hearts now tied together. Two hearts that will forever beat as one.
32.7K 794 11
The love story that captured the hearts of many.
29.5K 1.8K 11
What if the guy next to you was someone your meant to be with? Maine is a free-spirited, happy-go-lucky girl who snagged a free upgrade to a business...
170K 11.7K 33
There's a saying that goes, "opposites attract". Two different people sometimes compliment each other to make a relationship work, but in some cases...