The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

By ShilpiKhanna

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 106
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
Bridge Chapter 3.B
A Featured book!

Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.

2.3K 151 70
By ShilpiKhanna

Suvarna's POV.

I stepped out of the Doctor's office with a smile on my face, a smile that stretched wide and made my cheeks ache.

Both the Mehrotra brothers flanked me on either side as we walked towards the car. Charles was standing beside the car, leaning on to it. He straightened up as he saw us approaching and smiled till he saw my smile was still as wide and unchanged

Both the brats beside me gave out muffled chuckles and Shishir put his arms around me as he shrugged his shoulders while looking at Charles. I am not sure what Charles interpreted but he gave me a silent smirk and I broadened my smile.

He opened the car's back seat door for me and I closed it and sat in the front passenger seat instead. "Let the laughing jokers sit together at the back."

"Something serious Suvarna?" He asked sounding serious but a smile tugging on his lips gave him away.

"No! Of course not." I said between my stretched out lips. I pointed towards my 'smile' "See? I am smiling."

Shishir looked at me with a failed attempt to look serious and reached out to ruffle my hair. I batted at his hand and jerked my head away.

"It's okay Suvi. It will be fine." He said trying to pacify me. I did not answer and kept my eyes on the road ahead.

"Mehrotra this sounds serious. What exactly did you two do to trouble Suvarna?" Charles asked though he still seemed amused with the whole scenario.

Shishir smiled and said "I have my memory back."

"So that is supposed to be good." Charles said looking confused.

Shishir nodded. "The doctor did the basic check up and asked me to relate some incidents of the days I did not remember. It went smooth till he asked these two here to ask me some random questions related to those days."

"That is when we realised tere were slight gaps still there, when he would remember some parts of an incident and still try remember some details." Paresh piped in.

"The doctor assured it is something normal and nothing to worry about and the brain is adjusting to everything without stressing out and soon those tiny gaps will also be gone." Shishir said looking at me once again trying to emphasis the point that this was not serious.

"What is the problem then? This seems to be good news and good speed of recovery." Charles asked frowning in confusion.

Paresh put his arm on his shoulder. "The problem is the doctor is good with his knowledge on medical science but this tongue is not 'Suvi proof.'" The brat said it making it sound like a top secret and I picked up the bottle of water lying on the seat beside me and flung it at him.

He caught it effortlessly and opened it and drank in a long sip "Thanks Suvi." He grinned at me.

Shishir came and sat beside me behind the steering wheel and I realised he must have taken the key from Charles without me noticing.

Charles and Paresh sat in the back seat of the car in a flash and he started the car before I could react or object, so I decided to ignore all of them.

"'Suvi proof?'" Charles asked, sounding totally interested in the topic by now.

"In his attempt to make us feel better he said 'The gaps may be of petty incidents that are probably not important.'" Paresh explained.

I had enough "How dare he say that? Any memory that has me in it has to be very important. How can he make such a careless statement?"

"Suvi he apologised." Shishir said giving me a smile as he drove.

"Both of you agreed with the doctor and said it is all right! You asked me to 'take a chill pill and smile.'"

"So that was the smile." Charles said shaking his head looking amused.

"Suvi you saw my memory is almost completely back." Shishir said and I lost my cool.

"No it is not! You don't even remember about the rat that was raiding our Kitchen in my house in Delhi." I said feeling pissed all over again.

"Suvi it is just a rat! Why are you getting so worked up about that?" Shishir shot me a look which did not help me in any way to calm down.

"It was not just a rat Shishir! It is not done! You can tease me about Pinky but don't remember you were jealous of the rat thinking it was a close friend of mine." I seethed.

"What?" Charles almost shouted.

"Bhaiya you were jealous of the rat?" Paresh said looking stunned.

"No I was not! I am sure I was not! Shishir Mehrotra is never jealous and Suvi stop this ridiculous claim. You are doing this just to cover up you were jealous of a five year old kid thinking she is a close female friend of mine." Shishir said going red in the face and I almost reached out to shake him up.

It was only the fact that he was driving that stopped me I think.

"What?"

"Suvi you were jealous of Pinky?"

The almost identical response from the back seat made me feel even more pissed.

"You know what? I think I will just stop talking to you for some time ." Shishir said still looking mad.

"You will not!" I yelled. "I will stop talking to you."

"No I said it first. I will stop talking to you."

"No! It's me Suvarna Sharma who has stopped talking to Shishir Mehrotra."

"Stop talking rubbish. It was me Shishir Mehrotra who stopped talking to Suvarna Mehrotra."

"Not happening-" I got abruptly interrupted as Charles delighted laughter almost boomed through the car.

I turned to look at him my mouth still open and saw he was laughing uncontrollably. "Oh my God!" He panted. "Are you two serious?"

"They are." Paresh assured looking amused. "this is how they were with each other as teenagers and I think they always will be."

"Oh my God Mehrotra! I cannot believe you are the same man who almost shreds his opponents apart in the court room and now-" He raised his hand in defeat as another bout of laughter erupted from him.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Break time!

As you must have guessed this is the first of the three Maha chapters! And Shishir has almost complete memory back with small gaps which Suvi is not happy about at all. Haha!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Shishir's POV.

I glared at the two jokers in the back seat. Paresh I am not surprised but Charles too? He seems really delighted on seeing me like this.

I mean come on I have to emphasis my point, especially with Suvi or she will goad later on saying she was the one who had the upper hand. I pulled into the main gate of my apartment block and shot a sideway glance at Suvi who was now ignoring all of us and was looking out of the window.

How can she make such a ridiculous claim that I was - I groaned as that bit of memory gap fit in. Just like the doctor had said even while talking or thinking about things the gaps could fill in effortlessly at times.

How could I be so silly and be jealous of a rat. Yes I had really thought they were talking about a friend of hers, A male friend of hers and - Oh God! I slapped my hand on my face as I pulled the car into stop.

The worst possible outcome was due to our bickering in the car Charles and Paresh know about this and I don't think they will let this go easily. I glanced at them and sure enough, both of them are looking into Paresh's phone and laughing.

I wonder what they are seeing?

Suvi got out of the car without waiting for any of us and I shouted at the two "Do you two plan on getting down?" And rushed out of the car wanting to follow Suvi.

I almost fell backwards when suddenly someone came and hugged me.

Rahul!

"Hey Man. You got your memory back." He said pulling away and gave me an enthusiastic pat on the back.

I looked at him questioningly "Danny called." He explained while still smiling broadly. I nodded in understanding.

With my memory almost completely restored I know now why I called him to work with me in London- He had been a big support to Suvi as a friend. When he defended Suvi in front of Papa day before yesterday I knew right then he respects her. Thinking about Varsha bhabhi inevitably brought back yesterday's conversation she had with Suvi and I felt myself look varily at Rahul.

If only he had not been a contender for Suvi I might have made an attempt to like him. My stomach muscles clenched at the thought of 'contender' and I started walking away.

"Shishir !" He stopped me. "Why don't you like the idea of me getting to know Suvi better?" He asked me and I spun around to face him.

I remembered Suvi wanting to tell her Nanaji first before any other members of family and telling Rahul about us could mean him telling Varsha bhabhi and consequently others would get to know.

I took a deep breath "Have you considered the fact that there maybe someone in her life?" I asked dodging the main topic but not able to completely give up on it either.

He frowned in confusion "You mean a boyfriend?" He seemed to think this over for a few moments before shaking his head. "No. I don't think she has. I have known her for almost three years now. I would have known, or at least Paresh would have mentioned."

I cannot deny the fact of what he is saying. I had been not around and had been trying to hide the feelings from even myself.

"Besides, she is not that type of a girl."

My head snapped up at these words "What do you mean by that?" I asked him between gritted teeth.

"She is a simple girl at heart. She is not the type-" Rahul hesitated as though looking for words and I was doing my best not to lose my cool completely at him.

"I need to talk to you." I heard the voice and groaned in frustration. Why did she have to come back?

"Suvi I was just about to come in. Why did you come back?" I asked letting her know we can talk inside.

She nodded at me and turned to look at Rahul . "I need to talk with you Rahul. " she said pointedly.

"Sure."

"No!" I erupted.

"Shishir, don't be silly." She said glaring at me. "Come Rahul." She said with a small smile and walked towards the garden of the apartment block.

She turned around and walked back towards me "Shishir don't even think of following." She warned in a soft tone so that only I could hear and walked away leaving me angry enough to want to break something.

Of course I had every plan of following and Suvi knew this very well so she ensured I don't.

After what seemed a life time I saw them come out of the garden. I glanced at my watch and realised it had only been about twenty minutes. Still I was not happy at the whole scenario.

I could not make out what they had spoken from their expressions. Or rather Suvi's expression. Rahul I had seen say something to Suvi and had walked off in the opposite direction.

Good for him! I am not sure how I would react right now if he was to say something silly.

"Why are you still here?" Suvi asked as she reached me and I scowled at her. Did she think I would go up and leave her to have her 'chat' session?

I reached out to take her hand and she dodged away making my scowl go deeper. "We are not in talking terms, remember?" she said and marched ahead.

I could not help the smile that tugged on my lips as I followed her into the elevator. "So what did you talk about?" I asked as soon as the doors closed.

She turned away pointedly and I sighed. "Okay Suvarna Sharma, I concede defeat. You win. Now will you tell me?" I say knowing this is what she wanted me to say.

She narrowed her eyes at me knowing I do not give in that easily. "First accept you were jealous." She said and I glared at her and shook my head.

She shrugged her shoulders and we fell into a sullen silence, neither ready to back out.

We reached my apartment in silence only to see Charles standing outside waiting for us. I raised my eyebrow at him as he came forward.

"Your father is back." He said. I nodded silently and started to move inside fully prepared to face any fresh confrontation that he might decide on having. Now with my memory almost completely back, my anger towards him and his actions had fuelled up.

"Mehrotra." Charles called out making me stop at the door with Suvi beside me. "A lady came in few minutes back."

I frowned trying to think who it might be.

"Paresh said she is your mother."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Break time!

Take a breather guys. Unexpected happenings are about to occur and Shishir is most certainly in no mood to take any crap at this moment, whatsoever!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Shishir's POV.

I had not expected Papa to do this. But then I had never thought Papa would be doing a lot of other things that he had actually done.

I reached out for Suvi's hand subconsciously and held it tightly. I felt a gentle tug on my hand and stopped to look at her.

She took a step closer "Shishir you will remember one thing won't you?" she said softly her gaze intense on my face and I just stared back. "I love you, never forget that."

I pulled in my breath "Suvi-"

She shook her head slightly "Just keep that in mind and go and meet them."

I smiled slightly, though it was only for her and nothing to do with the current situation, it calmed me a bit. She knows exactly how to make me feel better.

My mood stilled dampened slightly when I heard my parent's voice coming from the living room. they were arguing of course, like they always did in the years they were together.

I remembered Dadaji's words of how they had put their individual egos before me, their only child.

"You don't understand do you? This is going to make my situation so awkward. My family has always stood by me and now this had to happen due to some petty childhood quarrel." Rang out my mother's voice as she shouted at my father.

She had stepped into my house for the first time ever but her old attitude and lack of concern for others was intact.

"So what do you want me to do about it? It's your family, naturally they will hold grudges!" My father's voice, dripping with sarcasm reached my ears.

It did not take me long to understand that they were talking about Aditya, or Golu as they referred him by his nickname.

So the whole purpose of my father's London visit had been that case. That he did make clear as soon as he had reached of course, but what was he trying to do by asking my mother to come over to my place?

In all the years that my mother had tried to connect back with me I had met her away from my premise, be it office or home.

However I could not expect my parents to put my feelings into regard, they never have and never will I guess. I reached out to take hold of Suvi's hand and am not able to reach her. I turned around and see she is not around.

I realised she must have heard my parents talk about Aditya and must have quietly walked away. I went to her room right away not bothering to go in and meet the two people who were once again trying to work things out without thinking about me.

I doubt either of them even thought about the level of damage Aditya's actions could have done to me.

Even after me having neglected her for years, having made her bear the brunt of my father's manipulations that one woman did not even for a split second put herself above me.

Even after what could have been her life's darkest time she reached out to me. Though she had every reason to be angry with me, to doubt me, she did not.

Things would have been different if my father had not manipulated and kept those letters away. However she never let her faith in me dwindle even when in the recent years she did feel some anger against me, she did not give up on me.

I opened the door to her room and am met with a empty room. "Suvi?" I called out.

No response. I called out again to ensure she was not in the bathroom.

No she was not!

I know she must be around somewhere but my heart lurched in panic. I want her beside me. I know she will be once again putting me and my family above anything else but that is something I am not going to let happen.

I call her phone when I don't find her in the kitchen either. When my call goes into voice mail I feel dread fill my heart.

Knowing her I know what she will be thinking. However I will not allow her to brood about it. I make up my mind right then about what I want to do.

Without sparing even half a thought about the two people who were right now busy blaming each other I reach out and open Suvi's closet to take out the things required for the plan I have in my mind.

Suvarna's POV.

I know Shishir is not happy with his mother coming over like this. I know he still cares about Nimmy Aunty however he is also deeply hurt.

Now that he is also very hurt and angry with what his father actions I know It will end up hurting him even more.

I know he will utter words to them with anger but all his bitter words against them will only cut deeper wounds in his heart.

For the fist time I am not sure what I should be doing. When I heard his parents talk about Aditya I moved away quietly.

That was their family matter. I did not want to stand and hear them talk about it. No matter how Shishir treats me, I am still an outsider, no matter how close I am to the family or to him.

I closed my eyes and leaned back into the bench. It was already evening and there was chill in London air that gnawed at me even through my thick jacket.

I don't know how long I was sitting there with my eyes closed but suddenly I had my answer. I opened my eyes and looked straight ahead.

I felt his presence behind me right then, even without turning around. His strong arms engulfed me as he sat down beside me and put his face on the crook of my neck as though to calm himself.

He must have been worried I thought feeling guilty

"Did you talk to them?" I asked, though in my heart I already knew the answer to that. I turned to look at him. "You should talk to them."

"I will. When they decide to be my parents." He says and my heart aches for him. I know even now they must be thinking about how relatives would react to Aditya's arrest. They would want this matter to be settled between family members and not taken to court.

This is something Shishir will have to decide for himself and with me being beside him he will not be thinking about his family.

I steeled myself to say what I had decided. "Shishir, I want to go back home, to Delhi."

Shishir reached out into his pocket and pulled out something and handed it to me I glanced at it and looked at him in surprise.

My passport!

"I have already packed for you." He said and got up and walked away.

I looked at his retreating back not able to comprehend what was going on. I had expected a fight. Huge amount of resistance, but most certainly I had not expected what just happened!

I got up and quietly followed Shishir and saw him standing by his car. He held the door open for me and I saw Charles was already in the driver's seat.

I glanced at Shishir but he just looked away, looking grim. Charles too was not meeting my eyes.

I quietly sat down in the car feeling too confused and almost flinched when Shishir closed the door with more force than required.

He came around and got into the car from the other side.

"Shishir?" I called out quietly and he turned to look at me.

He gave me a smile that seemed bitter. "You wanted to get away. I am just fulfilling your wish."

&&&

Hope this Maha chapter was a good read. Shishir had 'restricted ' memory restored and Sumo was definitely not happy about it. LOL!

Charles sure had a delightful time to see Shishir and Suvarna argue in their typical way!

So Suvi wants to return to Delhi and Shishir has just handed her, her passport and even packed for her. What do you think he has in his mind?

Please do comment guys and vote!

Love, from me to you.:)

Pre cap Chapter 61.

Suvarna's POV.

"Shishir why are we at the railway station?" I ask looking around. I have been asking him questions that he has been ignoring.

"To board a train, Suvi." He says suddenly grinning.

I catch a board with the word 'Chunnel' and look at Shishir as he winked at me and pulled me ahead.

Enjoy guys!

See you in the next Maha chapter and stay tuned for double surprise!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 8K 71
" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would gladly make it easier for you by taking m...
249K 8.6K 66
The story is a completed story. Interested folks can read, and if you like, please do vote and share this with others as well.. Thanks. It's a romant...
214K 13.5K 66
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
903K 47.7K 75
A Wattpad Featured Novel. (July 2017) _________________________ "Why did you appoint me?" She asked him which made him stop on his tracks. "I don't t...