Crowned Wolf (Original)(Compl...

By OkiBum

The Monarchy has fallen. She is the key to its survival but only if Fenrir will let her live long enough. Und... More

REMINDER
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
SEQUEL/OTHER INFORMATION

Fifty-Eight

236 21 0
By OkiBum

 Millis stays low, intently listening in on her surroundings. She's about eighty feet away from building four where the Iota and Karmen are locked away in safety and her mind is listening in on all of the reports. Lance, Carter, Colt and Eric are spread out somewhere near by, each intently listening in on their surroundings while keeping up with all of the reports. So far, it looks like the Kappa's attack is going smoothly but Millis has this sickening feeling in her chest.

The door to Simon is opened in her mind. She never said her potential goodbyes to him before they all split up and she hasn't contacted him. She can tell that he's busy infiltrating rogue parties and torturing them for information. He's always working on his own but she supposes that's a good thing. He gets easily distracted with someone else by his side or so she's noticed but he always brushes it off. So far, he doesn't seem to be too reckless which makes both her and her wolf happy. She'll kill him if he gets hurt.

Everyone else is tense and just as busy. They're either guarding the Moore borders with their all or fighting against rogues throughout Wolf Country. It's been hours since they started this frontal massacre and things seem to be going smoothly but that also means it's been hours since Audrey's been locked away in building four and it's not a good thing. Millis knows it's tearing her down slowly and she hopes Karmen is doing a good job at distracting her. Every now and then she'll check in on them, making sure they're not focusing on the fight but on whatever they're talking about.

Man, this is boring.

Millis ignores Lance's thoughts, her ears perking up at the passing patrols. They thunder by for the thirtieth time without stopping or glancing her way, entirely focused on what is outside of the borders. So far there doesn't seem to be any disturbances of any kind near the pack. The rogues are putting up more of a fight though and with every minute, Millis is sure that R is somehow sneaking his way around their forces. Last report states that he's hiding somewhere up north. And with Nathan's advances everywhere else, she imagines that its true. The only issue is if he will be able to sneak his way back towards the Moore territory.

Compared to most pack territories, the Moore territory is rather large and with over five hundred wolves, it should be. Everyone is spread out according to their function to the pack. Those needed most and those who have more responsibilities stay close to the pack house while the rest, like those who maintain the border, are spread out through the territory, closer to borders for security. Everyone is proud of their territory and they work hard to maintain it. Their borders meet the Sullivan territory on the south side and they spread out to either neutral lands with humans or another pack's land. And the north side hits neutral lands. Millis knows the border patrols are more alert there. Kappa Nathan actually placed an entire blockade to stay there in case of an attack and they're all strictly pure bred Moore wolves. He isn't risking anything. If R does attempt to sneak in through there, she knows that the pack and the rest of the Wolf Country will know at an instant.

South side, all clear! Rogue party on run towards east side!

East side's busy. Come back later.

Greyson! Get your head out of your ass and cooperate!

Damn Sullivan!

Millis shakes the argument out of her head and focuses on the important reports. Leon, teamed up with Alpha Laurens's group, is heading east after establishing a stable border control for that side of Wolf Country. Alpha Manning just died from protecting the south side on his own borders but other than a few other deaths, it seems the south is clear of rogues. That means Wolf Country is half cleansed and their work is almost done and it's only been just over forty-eight hours. It's a miracle how any of them has managed to stay awake this long.

Frankie, how are patrols?

Millis checks in with her cousin, listening again as another group of border patrols pass by. She's lost track of Simon. He hasn't reported in since central-east side has been attacked. She's not sure what his current location is but she can faintly hear that he's extremely busy. But alive and alive is always better than dead.

Boring as fuck. The barricade up north has some action though. It seems there are more rogues up there than we thought.

What side?

Millis sits up, her wolf more alert as she listens in on the reports that are constantly flowing in. There's been a hold up at east side where Nathan is at along with a few other capable groups. The reports are explaining that all alpha rogue parties have finally caught on and are on the offense. The rest of Wolf Country is currently on defense as they try to make their way through.

Fuck! Five more rogue parties central east side!

They're up on the central west side, coming in hard according to Alpha Reynolds, an alpha from the central-east side. She can hear that Leon and Alpha Laurens are closing in but she still has no idea where Simon is or if he's doing another solo mission.

They're coming in strong on the western side and there's a small group attacking from the east. It looks like they're trying to divide up the blockade and infiltrate. Be on guard. If they break through, I guarantee they're looking for Luna.

Millis lets out a low growl at her cousin's warning and spreads the word to Carter, Lance and Eric. Each of them are spread out around building four and Colt is at the head of them, by building one, watching for any sign of on an attack. Millis knows he listened in to the reports and probably realizes that they'll have to pass him to reach Audrey. Pass him is Carter who is only about forty feet from Millis's position and far to her left, there's Lance about seventy feet away. Eric is covering the back, nearly ninety feet away from Millis and thirty from Lance. Audrey and Karmen are locked away in the building in the center but if the Iota guard hides well enough, no one would know that building four is surrounded. And they are all prepared to handle the oncoming front full of rogue bastards.

Colt, you hid the keys right?

Through the link, Millis can hear the wolf scoff at her.

I know how to do my job.

She rolls her eyes. There's a reason Colt stayed with the prisons. He doesn't work well with others - even more so than her - and he absolutely hates when someone checks to make sure he's done something.

Dude, don't be such an ass.

Fuck off, Lance.

Oh, did you hear that, Frankie?

Millis lets out an annoyed growl but Lance continues.

Prison boy told me to fuck off.

Lance! Quit messing around! Stop trying to find amusement and focus on your surroundings!

Millis lets out an annoyed puff and leans low to the floor, careful to not come out of her hiding position. Another round of patrols come shooting by and Millis listens in as the reports worsen.

All alpha parties! Full frontal assault! North side!

Central-west clearing up! Central east: rogues on the run!

Don't follow them! It's a trap! Stay central-eastern!

Millis wonders what Nathan encountered for him to say something like that. Even if there is a trap, the Moore wolves are trained to handle sticky situations. Falling into a trap wouldn't mean a thing when it's war. They'd still fight on until their death, uncaring and unfazed.

Millis, Nathan just ordered the blockade to withdraw and let the rogues in!

Unbelievable! Nathan wouldn't give out an order like that. He'd die before he willingly let some rogue scum cross over onto Moore territory!

What is going on?

Her cousin sounds busy and the rest of the pack up north sounds the same. Panicking, Millis orders the guard to stay low and be sharp as rogues slowly pour into the Moore territory.

Millis, we're going to trap them in. Evacuate for now - keep Audrey in the prisons locked and secure - and when we can, we're going to surround them. Alpha's orders.

Millis curses and passes along the orders. Coming out of the bushes, Millis sends a message to Karmen, warning her, and along with Colt, Carter, Lance and Eric, heads south to meet up with the rest. Beating her paws against the earth, Millis nearly runs into her cousin on the way and together they try and figure out what the plan is.

Nathan wants us to give them some confidence and let them in. Once we meet up with some extra back up, we're supposed to go back round and trap them on our land. Think you can handle it?

Millis's wolf lets out a snort.

Think you can keep up?

Racing towards the southern border, Millis hears Karmen panicking. Audrey isn't doing too well and the thought that at any moment, rogues could be at their door makes Millis run harder. She passes through the cliffs and onto flat land near the Sullivan territory. In the distance, she can hear the sound of several wolves following them. Their stench carries down wind and it makes Millis gag. She's not used to rogue scent and the thought of being any closer to them makes her want to hurl. Her stomach lurches as it agrees but she swallows it down and focuses on her task.

Giving a sideways look at her cousin, Millis veers off left with a group of refreshed and ready-to-go Moore wolves while Frankie goes right with another group and following the borders, both make their way back north, surrounding the rogues and trapping them in. A few try to stop her. Some run into her and an alpha rogue attempts to chase her. But none of them know who she's been training with and she's more prepared for their attacks than ever before. Avoiding their frontal assaults while blocking out their scents, Millis uses her momentum to rip into her victims and leave them behind to bleed out, focusing on closing the trap's door by meeting up with Frankie. Minutes pass but it feels like seconds. Her legs are burning. Her muscles are cramping and her chest heaves for fresh oxygen. Her paws rip into the earth, kicking up dirt and rocks behind her. The wind is harsh against her face but her wolf features help minimize it and she keeps going. Her heart is pounding in her ears but she can hear the distant cries of rogue scum trying to rip apart her pack and track down the Iota's scent.

R must be here somewhere.

Millis passes Frankie and the two of them stop, looking at each other's wolves as they catch their breath.

Ready to close in on them?

Millis feels the pack's unified response and she lowers herself to the ground, ready to launch forward into what she's sure is going to be a bloody mess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 951 50
COMPLETE I have been traveling for sixteen years,ever since I was five and adopted at the orphanage. I have gone by three rules my whole life.One,onl...
112K 3.3K 25
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...
296K 8.3K 12
"I, Mason Bradley Roth, reject you." I smile, laughing like an insane maniac instead of crying, taking a step towards him. "I Jessica Parker, accept...
56K 1.7K 18
HEY SO I'VE DECIDED I DIDN'T LIKE THE ENDING SO I'M CONTINUING THE BOOK. IF YOU ALREADY FINISHED IT I SUGGEST CHECKING OUT THE REST! Rejected by her...