Crowned Wolf (Original)(Compl...

By OkiBum

The Monarchy has fallen. She is the key to its survival but only if Fenrir will let her live long enough. Und... More

REMINDER
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
SEQUEL/OTHER INFORMATION

Forty-Three

239 23 0
By OkiBum

 Are you fucking kidding me?

Audrey winces as her mate's angry voice echoes through her head. In front of her, the two wolves that took her stare with concern as they watch her look pained. Her mate is yelling a string of profanities through her head, threatening all sorts of people and scolding her. Even from this distance, she can hear his wolf add in his two cents, following his human partner in showing anger, possession and frustration with her.

I'm sick of it! I'm sick of all of this! The moment you get back, I'm impregnating you and you are never leaving my side!

Audrey blushes. She knows that for an alpha, to impregnate their mate means a swelling pride followed by unstoppable instincts of protection and possessiveness. It means their mate will literally never leave their side and she knows that he's saying it for that reason alone.

Nathan, please!

No, Audrey! This is fucking ridiculous. Who the fuck do they think they are? Taking you from me and expecting me to play along with their plan? Fenrir, I'll kill them!

Audrey lets out an audible sigh, resting her head on her hand and tapping the desk in front of her with her nails. Nathan is still cussing up a storm and she knows it's best for him to get it all out before she continues.

"He's not taking it well, I'm guessing?"

August Helsing, the wolf that saved her life, is biting his lip nervously. He, along with his cousin, Alexander came up with this idea when they learned what was really happening to their pack. Without them, she might have either been killed while struggling or been tortured by R himself and Nathan would drive Wolf Country to the ground.

"He's currently planning your deaths in great detail." She explains and both of the Helsing nobles blink before flinching.

"It's not like we want to do this!" August argues, leaning over the table at her. While she hasn't been with them for more than an hour consciously, she's learned that he's the more childish one of the two. His wolf is the same, childishly arguing why her mate shouldn't be killing them off.

"Shut up, August." Alexander sighs, leaning back against his chair across from her. "None of us want to do this but we've got to. Let her argue it out with her mate."

In her mind, she can hear Nathan let out a loud sigh before speaking his next words softly. 

Are you hurt, Audrey?

She smiles, ignoring August as he starts an argument with his cousin.

No, I'm fine. The blood was only a ploy to keep me safe. I'm completely unharmed otherwise.

What are those bastards thinking?

Audrey visibly relaxes, relieved that her mate will finally listen to her.

She woke up only about forty minutes ago and her captives were cautious. They injected her with aconite which blocked her connection to her wolf and to Nathan as well as everyone else. After they managed to get her to calm down enough to listen, they explained themselves.

Audrey remembers being attacked by several alphas and her guards were ferociously defending her. But she also remembers shifting and her body is sore from it. Unfortunately, the alpha over powered her and knocked her unconscious. Her wolf isn't physically strong enough to keep its form and she shifted back making it easier for them to drag her off to R. Luckily, August and Alexander, the few remaining Helsings, realized the truth and saved her. But they knew giving her back would only give R the chance to do it all over again. So they made it look like the kidnapping was a success by leaving a trail with her blood and then took her to this place, an abandoned factory in the middle of nowhere. Meanwhile, they left a mess behind to make it look like she died.

If they can convince R that she's dead, his goal will be practically unattainable and he'll lose himself in his anger long enough to attack recklessly. This will give Wolf Country's army a chance to fight and destroy him without having to risk their Iota.

Try to understand. You're my Luna and my Iota. You're Wolf Country's Luna, the most protected and looked after wolf. You'll be the life force to the throne with our future children, you're Wolf Country's security to a stable Kappa and you're the inspiring life force behind everything. If something happens to you, we will all fall apart. If anything happens to you, I will not live another day and I will take everyone with me.

Audrey remembers Nathan's words and she lets out a small sigh. It's barely been that long since she's seen him but she misses him already. She wants to feel his warmth and his kisses and she wants to see him so bad, it hurts. Instead of telling him though, she explains their plan.

And how the fuck can I trust them? They're Helsing, Audrey. The same clan that tried and succeeded in killing your family.

The Helsings that wanted to kill us off have already died. These guys are younger than I am, Nathan. And they're just two of the remaining six Helsings. The other four are still under R's control, either willingly or not. They managed to break their bonds and they know who R is.

Who?

Ryan Holt. He was kidnapped by the Knox and they promised him the title of Kappa by giving me to him once they captured me.

She can hear him growling in her head and August finally takes a seat next to his cousin. Both of them wait, one more patient than the other.

So they want to keep you away from us all and have me pretend you're dead to draw R out?

If you do it well enough, he'll think he can predict your actions and you can manipulate him into a corner....You're rubbing off on me, Nathan.

She hears him laugh in his mind. It's not enjoyable but she enjoys the sound of it. It's dark and it makes her shiver but she still enjoys it.

Where are you?

She blinks. "What town did you say we're in?"

"He can't come here." Alexander sternly tells her. "If he comes, R will know and the entire plan will be ruined. He has to stay away and survive, knowing that you're alive and he can't see you. He has to make R believe that you're really dead."

"It's just getting him to agree to it." She mumbles, leaning back in her chair.

I'm in an abandoned factory somewhere. We're locked in the basement of it and there's only one key which they have.

What town?

She shivers again from the sound of his growl.

Are you going to come get me?

Audrey, what town are you in? I won't ask again.

She laughs, looking at her captive-turned-heroes. "He really wants to know where we are. I think it's best to tell him."

"Crestwater. We're in Crestwater." August says, wincing as his cousin kicks him under the table. Audrey ignores their argument again and tells Nathan.

How many are with you? Just the two?

Just the two.

Good. When this is over, I'm killing them both.

Audrey jumps.

Are you going along with their plan then?

Ralph seems to believe it's a good idea. But if they touch you again, you tell me and I will rip their throats out.

"He's going to do it." Audrey tells the cousins. "He's going to pretend I'm dead and take down R."

They both stand to attention. "Really?"

"Yes."

"Then he needs to know his allies. He has the rogues under control from all over the area. He promised them freedom to do whatever they want - complete chaos and anarchy as long as they help them take down the packs and royalty." Alexander explains.

"It's complete bullshit of course but they're rogues. They hear freedom and the ending of pack life and they don't sweat the details." August adds.

Audrey?

She sits back down and answers her mate while Alexander continues. "There are six alphas with him and only a handful of those who left Wolf Country, including the Kappa's head guard's son. At most, he has an army of three thousand, give or take and he's still trying to negotiate with the Knox clan."

Audrey repeats everything to Nathan in seconds while shaking her knee anxiously. "How does he control all of them? Even with his noble blood, he could always be challenged..."

"Everyone's afraid to challenge him." August shrugs. "He's...terrifying."

Audrey snorts. "Well he now has fifty two Alphas and three Kappas after his head."

"Fifty two Alphas? Three Kappas?" August blinks. "How is that possible?"

"Forty eight Alphas with packs allied under Nathan and I. The remaining four are Alphas without packs that allied themselves with us. Blaze and Ralph are both Kappas but neither of them want the title. Nathan is the third and true Kappa." She explains. Alexander stares at her curiously and leans forward.

"How can you trust us so easily?"

Audrey smiles. "Your wolves are talking to me. They're your true nature and if I can trust them, then I know I can trust you. It infuriates some people around me because I trust those they think I shouldn't but my wolf and I are very intuitive."

Audrey, talk to me before I kill someone.

Her heart feels alive at her mate's words.

I miss you too.

Too much. I miss you too much. I want you here. Now.

I want to be there too but we need to take out R.

And I will. Within the next two days, R will be dead and I will have you in my arms again.

I'm looking forward to it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 937 27
Valentina thought that by being accepted into a new pack she would get the protection she wished for, but after agreeing to live with the handsome al...
118K 8.6K 34
The third book in The Dark Lycans series. The Dark Forest Pack and the Silver Bloods Pack are at war. Raven and Blake, former mates, now Alphas of e...
296K 8.3K 12
"I, Mason Bradley Roth, reject you." I smile, laughing like an insane maniac instead of crying, taking a step towards him. "I Jessica Parker, accept...
13.8K 3 3
Get ready to dive into a thrilling rollercoaster of a senior year with Amaris as she navigates the mysterious twists and turns of her ever-changing l...