My Heart Is Yours

Від TonnieSeawolf

Two hearts that beat as one. Will they find their way to each other? Or will fate take them on a different pa... Більше

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 90-A: The Demo
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 94-A: Demo 2
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97: MHIYxTJ Crossover
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 104: When The Thread Finally Broke
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Epilogue
Acknowledgements:
Finally Published!

Chapter 40

4K 364 19
Від TonnieSeawolf

"RJ," Maine said softly. "Are you okay? You spaced out. Martin was trying to get your attention for the longest time."

"Sorry," he answered with a chuckle. "I guess I'm still jet lagged. What were you saying, Martin?"

"You get jet lagged?" Martin asked with one eyebrow raised in question. "Since when?"

"Is that why you were trying to get my attention?" Richard remarked trying to return to the original conversation.

Understanding that he didn't want to talk about his lapse of attention, Martin replied, "Maine mentioned that you guys are neighbors. I told her to just go with you later. So, you don't need to bring me home. I've asked David to pick me up. So, you youngsters have fun and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Maine asked.

"Jase will tell you," Martin stated as he stood up. "It's good to meet you, Reese. I hope I'll see you again. Text me that kimchi recipe, please. I want to try making some myself."

"No problem," Reese replied with a smile as she stood up as well. "I'll text it to you immediately once I found the recipe."

"And you, Jase," Martin turned to Richard. "Thanks for lunch. I'll give you an update on what happened to you-know-who."

Richard smiled and waved to his friend who was hastily retreating from the restaurant. Maine's friend, Reese, remained standing with her phone in her hand.

"I also need to go, Maine," Marilou said her eyes not leaving her phone.

"I thought we were watching a movie?"

"Change of plans," she replied looking at her, her face remorseful. "I'm so sorry. My brother kept on texting me. He needed my help with something and he claims that it couldn't wait. Raincheck?"

Maine smiled and answered, "sure. We'll be back next week. I hope, it's still showing when we get back though."

A few more words were exchanged and then Reese left, leaving Richard and Maine at their table. There was an awkward silence between the two before Richard called for the check and they left together. They walked around the mall, they were still silent with their thoughts to themselves.

"Do you still want to watch that movie?" Richard asked, breaking the silence as they were walking around with no real destination in mind. "I could join you."

Maine smiled shyly and Richard noticed a blush forming on her cheeks. She vigorously shook her head in reply. Richard found it adorable, but he was curious at what movie she wanted to watch but didn't want him to join her. 'It's only a movie after all, right?' He thought.

It was at that moment when they passed by the cinemas that Richard figured it out.

"You wanted to watch 'Fifty Shades Darker'," he said with a smile as he looked at Maine for confirmation.

Maine for her part, covered her face with both her hands, looking totally embarrassed. Richard could only laugh at her expression. He gently tried to pry her hands away from her face.

"You're right," he said. "It's not an appropriate movie for two friends to watch."

"We're friends?"

"Aren't we?" Richard asked seriously.

Maine looked at Richard's hopeful face. She took a few moments before she smiled and answered, "yes. We're friends. I think even before we've met, we're already friends."

Richard gave his bedimpled smile that Maine thought she would never see anymore. But she noticed with Richard, when the smile reaches his eyes, it looked like soft chocolate. She could easily get lost in them.

"Personally," Richard said. "I suggest that you watch that movie when we're in Italy. They usually show the uncut version in Europe. There were a lot of explicit scenes that were cut in the Asian viewing during the last movie."

"And you know this, how?" Maine asked, one eye raised in question.

"Jerald and Sam forced me to watch it with them when we were in Germany," he answered sheepishly. "And then we watched it again when we got back. They were trying to pick up girls that time. I was collateral damage."

Maine laughed at his statement and he found it pleasant. He smiled as he kept looking at her, his dimple showing as his smile deepened the more she laughed. He really liked hearing her laugh.

"Were you guys able to pick up girls that day?" Maine asked as her laughter finally subsided.

"Collateral damage, remember?" He remarked as he pointed at himself. His smile never leaving his face. "They found girls. I was just their driver that day."

Maine giggled once more. The initial awkwardness when they were at the restaurant was gone. She couldn't understand how for a short period of time she felt very at ease with Richard. But then, she felt the same level of comfortability with Alden before. The Faulkerson boys were easy to get along with and they always made sure that she felt safe and comfortable. She felt her heart beat a bit faster at the thought of Richard making her smile. Was Alden's heart trying to tell her something?

"Why did Martin say he'll see us tomorrow?" Maine asked as they left the cinema area and continued walking.

"He wanted to welcome you to the team," Richard explained. "Every new rotation before we start our first flight as a new team, Martin would organize this get together so that we could get to know the team. Since you were transferred, Martin wanted you to feel at ease with us. You'd be with us for two and a half months so you should be comfortable with everybody."

"Would you be there?"

"Yeah," he answered. "Martin won't have it any other way. Being the captain, I should be there."

He stopped and turned to her before he smiled again, "speaking of which. What time should we leave for Grappas tomorrow?"

"We?"

"We do live next door to each other," Richard said. "I had assumed we were going together. Unless you're going to hitch a ride with someone else."

"We live in Laguna, RJ," Maine replied. "Who am I going to hitch a ride with. Who else lives further south than us?"

"Martin actually lives in Calamba," he remarked. "He's farther south than us. Ardee lives in Las Piñas. And George lives in Cavite. We're not the only Southerners in the team."

"Wow," she exclaimed. "I guess I do need this get together. I didn't know Ardee lives near here."

Richard gave a short chuckle before asking, "by the way, how did you get here?"

"They're called UV Express," Maine remarked with a bit of sarcasm in her voice. "They're usually vans or SUV type vehicles that takes you places for a fee. Something you car owners don't seem to comprehend."

"I resent that," he said with a fake pout. "I do use the shuttle service every now and then. And I did grew up in New York. I know how to take the bus and subways."

Maine laughed again and Richard joined her. Maine hadn't felt this carefree in a long time. She felt her heart skip like it was happy as well. She did feel genuine happiness for the first time in 8 years.

"What time does Martin usually start this get together?" She asked as both their laughter subsided.

"It's usually dinner," he answered. "Around 8pm. Then it's drinks and maybe to a karaoke bar. Martin loves his Aegis songs."

"Great," she said. "I'll be ready by six then."

"So," Richard replied. "We're going together then?"

"Yup."

Richard felt his heart soar at the simple affirmation. At that moment, all thoughts and fears about his past were forgotten. All he saw was Maine standing right beside him.

'Could I dare hope?' He thought as Maine suddenly reached out and grabbed his arm.

"I finally know what I want to do!" She exclaimed.

Richard just stared at her, waiting for her to say more.

"I want to play Time Crisis," Maine remarked, once more tugging at his arm pulling him towards Timezone.

Richard laughed and let himself get dragged by Maine to the arcade.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Sweet Love (NG5) Від Annie

Романтика

38.8K 7.3K 58
(Complete) After decades, it's the end of an era on The Point. Change is inevitable and Will Drake doesn't like it. Will has the career he always dre...
128K 5.4K 17
Two hearts brought together by fate. Two hearts that fell deeply in love. Two hearts now tied together. Two hearts that will forever beat as one.
760K 49.4K 95
How does one move on from losing a loved one to loving the One? Even if the One was the reason why you lost your loved one. Such is the dilemma of Ni...
252K 15.4K 61
A woman doctor (Maine) who wanted to follow the footsteps of her father who was also a doctor serving 3rd world countries as a calling. As she tries...