The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

By ShilpiKhanna

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 106
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
Bridge Chapter 3.B
A Featured book!

Chapter 58.

2.1K 164 54
By ShilpiKhanna

Suvarna's POV.

I let Shishir pull me and followed him silently as he lead me away and into his room. He shut the door behind us and leans on it while still holding on to my hand.

My heart aches for him knowing how hurt he must be right now. I know he has always looked upon his father as his ideal man, his guiding source. We may not have been together since years however I had heard enough from his family to know how much he doted on his father.

I looked at him as he stood silently, staring ahead with an unreadable expression on his face. I don't want him to ruin his relationship with his father.

I am not sure why Raghunath uncle did what he did. In the past years he had always been the loving uncle to me like he always was. That one time when he had raised his voice at me and torn the card I had made for Shishir was because he had been very worried about Shishir and missed him. At least that is what he had told me. He had apologised for losing his temper and had taken me out later to treat me with ice cream as an apology

He had been abrupt whenever I asked him about Shishir  but I had assumed that he missed Shishir and did not want to talk about him.

I had never asked him about the letters since I had never talked to anyone about them. Then again, I had assumed Shishir had chosen not to respond to them since he was angry with me.. I had always maintained the letters are between me and him.

I stepped closer to Shishir as he continued to stare in front of him silently. I touched him lightly on his arm. Instantly he put his arm around me and pulled closer to him and turned his face to me. He held me in a way that our faces were close, just inches apart as he leaned sideways towards me.

He gave me a soft smile and I told him quietly "Shishir, go out and talk to him. He is your father and you-"

The soft smile on his face got wiped away as an enraged fury took over. I his face harden "And what should I talk to him about? Ask him why he fabricated a series of lies over the years? Or maybe I should ask him why he manipulated lives, including yours and mine, to serve his purpose?"

"He must be having his reasons Shishir. I am not asking you to forget all that happened but at least you should give him a chance to speak out his reasons to do so." I insisted.

"And what do I do with the reasons he gives me, even if I consider he will not fabricate some more lies? Listen to him and tell him 'It's fine Papa, no problem.'?" Shishir says his voice dripping with anger.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I started angrily "Shishir I never said that. I-"

He did not let me continue "Suvi what exactly happened outside? Did I or you bring up his actions of the past?"

That shut me up. I shook my head. Whatever happened outside was due to the things he had been saying about me right now, after he had walked in less than half an hour back.

Without warning Shishir grasped my waist and lifted me up making me gasp. My face was now same level as his. I saw a glint in his eyes.

"What did I tell you about me not allowing anyone to not treat you right?" He asked while I still dangled in the air.

"Put me down Shishir." I said softly very conscious of our close proximity.

He ignored me completely and continued "You just treated yourself wrong when you overlooked what had been done to you sometime back."

"I did not!" I protested clutching on his shoulder for support, not that I needed the support.

"Yes you did and you are about to get punished for that." He said making me look at him suspiciously.

"Shishir!" I squeaked as he started walking. "Put me down."

He smirked at me and suddenly lifted me higher before flinging me backwards. I gasped as I hit his bed and lay there in a clumsy heap!

I struggled to get up and lunged at him but he bounced out of my reach laughing hard.

"Shishir Mehrotra! This is not funny." I yelled at him.

He started walking backwards, his face towards me. "I agree it's not funny." He said with a wink "It's very funny." He chortled.

I managed to stand up and picked up a pillow and flung at him making him laugh louder as the pillow missed him completely.

I ran towards him with another pillow in hand as I saw him punch some numbers and open a cupboard. He has a secure computerised lock even for a cupboard!

I reached him and was about to hit him with the pillow when I saw him pull out a bundle from the cupboard.

My letters! I saw more bundles inside the cupboard and stared.

He saw my expression and asked "What are you staring at?"

"Shishir!" I almost shouted in excitement. "You must have kept these letters here before your accident."

"Obviously."

"So how did you know where they were?" I said feeling a happy surge in my heart.

"I keep all my valuables in his cupboard." He said as he gave me a confused look "So it was easy to guess where to find these."

"Oh." I said, torn between the happiness that he considered my letters so precious and the disappointment that his memory has not been restored.

I saw him run his hand on the letters with a strange look on his face. He turned me "You wrote so many." He said softly.

I smiled at him, not quite sure how to respond. He turned his eyes on me and leaned down just as there was a soft knock on his door and it opened and a very disgruntled looking Paresh walked in "You both left me alone to be devoured by the angry wolf- er- tiger."

"Wolf is fine." Shishir said humourlessly making me hit his hand. He shrugged his shoulders still leaning towards me.

"Can you stand straight bhaiaya?" Paresh's disgusted sounded voice sounded from behind and I immediately pushed at Shishir.

"No." Shishir said grinning, not bothered at all with Paresh's presence.

"Oh the letters!" Paresh said as he saw what was inside the cupboard "Has he opened the birthday gifts you sent him?" He asked me and I glared at him.

Shishir has not seen them even when his memory was fine and I did not want him to know about them till he is cured.

"Gifts?" Shishir asked sharply.

I flung the pillow I had initially intended to hit Shishir with, at Paresh and gave him a pissed look.

He gave me a silent 'Ooo' which did nothing to reduce my temper.

"I am going out for a walk." The brat blurted and made his escape.

Shishir's POV.

"Where are the gifts?" I asked Suvi as I looked inside the cupboard and did not find anything that could be gifts from her.

She shook her head making me look at her "What?" I asked confused. A feeling of dread invaded my heart that maybe my father had got the gifts disposed of or given away to someone. The thought that I would never get to see them made me feel dreadful.

"Not now Shishir. You have not yet seen them. You can see them only once you are better."

Relief surged through me. "They are with you?" I asked and she nodded making me feel better.

Of course I will need to figure out a way to make Suvi give them to me, however right now I am relieved they are with her and not lost completely.

I picked up a bundle of the letters and walked towards my bed tugging Suvi along.

I tore open one letter almost as soon as I sat down my heart picking up it's beat in anticipation

"What are you doing?" Suvi's horrified sounding voice made me look at her questioningly.

"You cannot read them in front of me!" she said and I gave her a wicked smile understanding her ordeal.

"It's going to be even more fun." I said rubbing my hands together in glee. I opened the letter even as she tried to snatch it away from me.

I caught her hand and pinned them below my leg as I sat squatted on the bed.

She groaned loudly and covered her face with her free hand.

As I read the first words I frowned

'Hi Radha!'

I glanced at the words below and my confusion only increased

'Tuck one end of the fabric in and wrap the length of the sari-' sari?? I read further "Suvi you sent me steps on how to wear a sari?" I asked her and then slapped my head as I remembered the most embarrassing day of my life.

Suvi grinned at me devilishly "Oh you opened that letter?" she shrugged "This was to help you Shishir in case you have to- you know-" she burst out laughing even as I scowled at her.

How can I forget how this imp had made me walk right into a trap without me realising till it was too late to back out!

"Suvi you had tricked me!" I frowned at her. My mind ran back to the day when she was playing the role of Lord Krishna for a skit for being enacted by some students of the school.

She had rushed up to me looking close to tears saying the student who was supposed to play Krishna's ' friend' had fallen ill and would not be able to make it to school.

She had begged, pleaded and cajoled me to play the role. Reluctantly I had agreed, more so because she had looked so helpless and unhappy about the whole situation,

Once I had agreed Suvi had wasted no time in announcing to the drama teacher about it. The teachers bewildered look should have warned me but I had been too wrapped up in my happy thoughts of how I had made Suvi happy.

It was only when I was given the 'costume' to wear that I realised the 'friend' was actually his 'consort', Radha.

I had refused of course but it had been too late since the act was about to start in a few minutes.

'Shishir  you just cover you face with this veil and no one will know it's you.' Suvi had said.

The drama teacher did not let me back out saying I agreed and so I had been wrapped into a sari meant for someone much shorter.

'Suvi I am going to kill you for this.' I had muttered.

Suvi: Later Shishir  now we are supposed to be on stage.

So in we had walked, Krishna a good head shorter than his consort 'me', who was wearing a sari that barely reached my knee and still had my sports shoe on.

People did not need to see my face below the veil to recognise it was me! My height had been a dead giveaway.

No sooner had we stepped on stage 'It's Shishir.' 'Shishiis Radha.' Had echoed in the air with sounds of delighted laughter and claps and even some whistles making me want to flee, which of course I could not with the Drama teacher having his eyes on me from the side of the stage.

The only saving grace had been our principal praising me for the 'selfless contribution; towards the school and I had even been given a special certificate.

Suvi's hysterical laughter brought me to present and frowned at her pretending to be angry but her happiness has always been contagious to me.

I tweaked her hair playfully "You think this is funny, you imp?"

She nodded vigorously "I did not want you to be not prepared for next time so sent you-" She chortled off into another bout of laughter.

"Next time? You think I am going to fall for that again?"

The door to my room opened right then "Shishir, I am going out. I will be back tomorrow." Papa said.

I barely nodded not looking at him. My eyes were on Suvi as she sat up straight and looked away.

&&&

Hope this light hearted chapter was a good read. Shishir just relived a memory of childhood that he never wants to remember. Haha!

Do vote and comment.

And thank you for the response about the choices guys! Weekend may bring in some more comments on the choices and after that we can decide. And yeah I will see what I can do about the 'greedy choices.' LOL!

I am not planning to end the book right now, don't worry.:)

Love, from me to you.:)

Next chapter is very vital. Trust me you will want to read it.

Pre cap. Chapter 59.

Suvarna's POV.

"Suvi ! I am not jealous. Don't forget you had been jealous of Pinky." Shishir said making go red in the face.

"I was not-" I stopped short as I gaped at him opened mouthed.

"What?" He asked.

"That was in Delhi." I whispered.

I ran and hugged him. He remembers!

Enjoy guys,

Buh bye till next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

755K 28.2K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
903K 47.7K 75
A Wattpad Featured Novel. (July 2017) _________________________ "Why did you appoint me?" She asked him which made him stop on his tracks. "I don't t...
266K 19.6K 27
ON HOLD Suvansh ROY. "The man for whom everything should be in a professional way. The man with natural intelligence and well settled career in neu...
66.6K 5.3K 18
Samira , when develops a huge crush on her senior Aahan , things don't go her way; will her life change? or this crush ends just like how most people...