My Heart Is Yours

By TonnieSeawolf

Two hearts that beat as one. Will they find their way to each other? Or will fate take them on a different pa... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 90-A: The Demo
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 94-A: Demo 2
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97: MHIYxTJ Crossover
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 104: When The Thread Finally Broke
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Epilogue
Acknowledgements:
Finally Published!

Chapter 33

3.7K 409 49
By TonnieSeawolf

"Please fasten your seatbelts," Martin announced over the speaker. "We are currently experiencing turbulence."

The FAs were deployed to make sure that everyone followed the instructions. Maine made her rounds with Ardee on the other aisle doing the same.

She was worried about the turn of events. Martin had assigned her in First Class, that might upset the other FAs in the team. She knew Martin assigns newbies at the back so that they could get the most experience, and to be assign to First Class on technically her first day was unorthodox. She didn't want to step on anyone's toes if there was already a previous assignment. She had hoped that she could at least speak to either Valeen or Abbie. But they were assigned to Business Class and their current passengers had them moving back and forth a lot.

It was pretty uneventful when everything was settled. When Martin was sure that she could work, he started assigning their stations. She was shocked to get assigned at First Class but no one questioned the assignment. During the briefing she kept glancing at their Captain who was on the other side of the room giving his own briefing to his co-pilots.

Everyone called him "Jase" or "Jason". Ardee mentioned that he was one of the best pilots in the company. He was very professional and moved up the ranks quickly because of it.

They didn't get a chance to talk after she fainted in his arms. Since she was late, their briefing was a rush after the introductions and they quickly headed towards the boarding area. Any other attempt for them to interact was put on hold as they both became busy with pre-flight preparations. And there was so much activity that happened during the flight itself that she was barely able to sit down.

Maine wondered who he was. He seemed to know her very well. He looked so much like Alden. But why didn't she know about him? Why didn't Alden talk about him? Clearly they were twins. But why was there no mention of him?

"Maine," said Ardee when they were back in the galley and they were through the turbulence. "How are you feeling?"

For the short amount of time that they were partnered together, Maine and Ardee were comfortable working together. They've become instant friends, and with Ardee being the senior of the two, she made sure that Maine was doing fine.

Maine smiled and replied, "I'm fine, thanks. I'm just worried that's all."

"About what?"

"The assignments," she slowly answered. "It's technically my first day here. Martin usually assigned First Class to the more experienced. Right?"

"We all get the reason why Martin assigned you here," she smiled, easing Maine of her worry. "You gave us quite a scare. I'm sure Martin was just worried. That's why he assigned you near him so he can keep an eye on you."

"I'm sorry," Maine said. "I didn't want to be a burden to anyone."

"Don't be," Ardee replied. "You're a welcome relief to Martin. Tanya had been a headache to him since this rotation started. And it's just been, what? Two weeks? And being her buddy, I get the same headaches Martin gets too. She always sneaks out past curfew and would request switching to another schedule often. This is the second time that she did this on this rotation but I've heard she had done it at least three times in previous rotations. It would be one excuse after another. And she's not even doing well as an FA too. There were a few complaints from the passengers about her. I hope Martin finds a way to keep you here on this rotation before the next scheduled one or I'll be the one requesting for reassignment. She's driving me crazy and she's suppose to have seniority."

Maine smiled at her remark. She would be happy with this team if she stayed, if she could only figure out their Captain.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen," the speaker boomed as the Captain spoke. "We will be approaching Manila in about 20minutes. Temperatures are at 26 degrees celsius with light rain showers. Perfect bed weather for all you lovely couples on this flight."

The passengers shared a laugh as they heard the captain's commentary. The FAs laughed as well. Maine found out that Captain Faulkerson usually share some trivia or anecdotes during his pre-landing announcements. He kept his announcements light and casual. That's why the FAs wanted to get assigned to his flight crew. He made flying entertaining and enjoyable for everyone. Maine couldn't hide the smile on her face.

He continued, "because of the showers, we might experience a bit of a rough landing. But fear not. Sit back. Relax and play that nice music you have on your phones provided that you keep them on flight mode. Surely, you wouldn't want any disruption while we land the plane. This is Captain Richard Faulkerson wishing you a good evening."

When the message ended, Maine asked, "Richard? I thought his name was Jason?"

"Jason is his second name," Ardee explained. "But he only uses 'Richard' during announcements and official business. He wants everyone to call him 'Jase'."

Maine felt her heart beat a bit faster as she vaguely recalled a dream that she had when she was younger.

"...But you can call me 'RJ' too if you like. I wouldn't mind."

"RJ..."

"What's that, Maine?"

"Nothing," she quickly answered and smiled at Ardee. Ardee shrugged and went about her duties.

Maine followed suit but in the back of her mind, she now wondered if it was just a dream or a vague memory back when she was fighting for her life at the hospital so many years ago. There were so many questions in her head but she tried to push it back for the moment. She will get her answers. She just needed to be patient.

"Cabin crew prepare for landing," The first officer, Jerald announced on the system a few minutes later.

Once again, the FAs did their rounds to make sure that all the passengers have their seatbelts on and the window shades are up. Afterwards, they strapped themselves in for the landing. It was indeed a rough descent but the pilots expertly guided them down to a perfect landing. The passengers were amazed that they've clapped their hands and cheered.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen," Richard announced through the comm system. "We have safely landed in Manila, 15 minutes ahead of schedule. We hope that you enjoy your stay and check out the amazing sites Manila has to offer. We are now going to proceed to NAIA Terminal One so you can disembark to enjoy the rest of the evening. On behalf of my co-pilots, First Officer Jerald Usman and Lieutenant Sam Robles, and to our amazing Cabin Crew led by the beautiful Martin Croft, this is your captain, Richard Faulkerson wishing you a blessed evening."

Another round of applause then Martin's voice was heard over the comm system.

"Please keep your seatbelts on until the plane comes to a complete stop," he announced. "The front doors will be opened so First Class and Business class passengers will disembark first. Passengers in need of assistance please remain in your seat. A cabin crew will assist you in disembarking. On behalf of MJN Airlines, we hope you have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you and have a pleasant evening!"

The plane finally rolled to a standstill and once the seatbelt light was off, everyone stood up to get their hand carry from stowage. The cabin crew busied themselves with their post landing duties. Once the door was open and the announcement was made, the passengers disembarked. A couple of minutes later when the final passenger was gone and all the post disembarking duties were done, Martin called them to the front for a final debriefing before he allowed them to go home.

He held Maine up when they were done with the debrief. Everyone around them said their goodbyes. Maine felt a strange sensation at the back of her neck and she caught Richard briefly looking at her before he disembarked as well.

"You did well, Maine," Martin said when they were alone. "Go home, get some sleep. I'll call you tomorrow if I got the approval of moving you to my team for this rotation. It's only been two weeks, so I'm confident I'll get approval."

"Thank you, ma'am," Maine answered with a smile.

"See?" Martin remarked. "I know you're a quick learner. Now, go home."

Maine smiled and said her goodbye to Martin as she made her way to the tarmac. She suddenly stopped when she saw Richard talking with Sam. He immediately looked up as if he had sensed her presence and smiled. He waved her over just as Sam said his good byes. Sam briefly turned to wave at her as well before making his way to the exit.

Maine debated whether to walk to him or not. She didn't know him but there was a sense of familiarity about him that she couldn't place. Was Alden's heart telling her something? She didn't find it strange, although she should since she didn't know Richard, that she felt safe with him. She needed answers, so she slowly approached him and gave a timid smile. He returned it with a shy smile of his own.

"Um...Maine," Richard started, one hand rubbing the back of his neck. "Do you still live with your parents in Laguna?"

"Oh," she exclaimed taken aback but she quickly replied. "Yes, sir."

"Please," he said. "Don't call me 'sir'. Just call me Jase."

There was a brief pause and that memory returned. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it immediately. Then she took a deep breath before trying again.

"Can..." Maine shyly started. "Can I call you RJ instead?"

-oo-

Author's Note: small disclaimer. MJN Airlines is not mine. It's a fictional name of an airlines that I "borrowed" from BBC Radio Drama called "Cabin Pressure". It's a comedy radio drama and I recommend you guys find a copy of it and listen if you're into British humor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 9.5K 33
YOLO. You only live once. It's overused and some people have used it to justify their impulsive and wreckless actions. But, what if you're given a ti...
40.1K 3K 68
How does our past affect our future? How do heart aches, heartbreaks makes someone whole in their present? How do you save someone from the world whi...
36.4K 7.1K 58
(Complete) After decades, it's the end of an era on The Point. Change is inevitable and Will Drake doesn't like it. Will has the career he always dre...
57.4K 3.4K 60
This story is about two people who are in love with love but are too scared to be part of it. What will happen if they meet? Will they consider each...