The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

By ShilpiKhanna

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 106
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
Bridge Chapter 3.B
A Featured book!

Chapter 53.

2.1K 166 79
By ShilpiKhanna

Suvarna's POV.

I made a straight face, as straight as possible and entered the room. Shishir's eyes bore into mine and I looked away.

"What took you so long?" He demanded even before I could close the door behind me. Paresh was still with the doctor and Danny had left with Rahul some time ago.

I gave an exaggerated sigh but did not answer. Instead I grabbed an apple and started slicing it.

"Suvi?" Shishir's voice was full of the unasked question but I was not ready to give in- not yet.

"You need to eat healthy Shishir." I said as I pushed the plate of apple under his face.

"Suvi." He said warningly.

"Shishir, you cannot insist. Doctors know the best." I said turning away just in time before he could see the smile on my face.

I busied myself and lifted the empty juice glass from his bedside stand and was about to adjust some bottles when suddenly I felt myself be lifted off floor.

I gasped at the suddenness of it "Shishir! Put me down! You are supposed to rest!."

He held me from my waist and twirled me around couple of times before putting me down and pulled me to him, my back on his chest.

He brought his face near mine from the side, his breath warm on my neck. "Suvi, you know you cannot act. So why do you even try?" I could hear the laughter in his voice.

"Don't underestimate Suvarna Sharma, Mr. Hot shot lawyer." I said even as my cheeks warmed up a bit.

"Sharma ? You are still a Sharma?" He asked as my feet touched ground.

"Of course! " I said turning around and looked at him in confusion "Why won't I be?"

"Damn! I am too slow." He muttered and gave me a wink.

I continued to look at him, still confused. Then my already warm cheeks heated up when I realised what he was hinting.

"Shishir!" I said hitting his hand. "You have lost memory of only twenty days!"

"I know. Twenty days." He said. Before I could say something he grabbed my hand "So do we just hold hands or-?" He trailed off suggestively.

My cheeks were on fire by now and I tried to pull my hand away. He tightened his hold and jerked me to him.

"Twenty days that I want to desperately remember." He said making my heart ache for him.

"You will. Very soon." I said as I hugged him, my face on his chest.

"I am sure I will." He said his tone changing. "But till I do let's make some new memories." He said smiling as he pulled me apart from him sligthly.

I had to cringe my neck up to look up to his face. "Shishir I-"

"Shh Suvi. " He said placing a finger on my lips. "Why focus on something not totally in our hands? Instead let's do more interesting things." He shot me a wicked look bending his head towards me.

Just then the door opened and Paresh walked in. "Oh God! Not another X rated act." He groaned. "You two cannot behave even in a hospital." He grumbled though his smile gave away his true feeling on this.

My already enflamed cheeks spread their warmth up to my neck and I tried to pull away. Shishir just tightened his hold even more and I turned to glare at him.

Concussion or not these Mehrotra brothers know how to embarrass me!

I was greeted by a happily grinning face of Shishir. He looked too pleased for what happened.

"What?" I asked him warily.

"He said 'another '." He said happily. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"So Miss Sharma , though unfortunately you are still a Sharma , we must have done more than just holding hands." He clarified with his grin deepening and almost cracking his face into two!

My eyes widened at his words and my heart decided to waltz in my chest not caring it needs to pump more blood to my face. Crazy body parts I have!

"Will you help me pack?" Paresh whined as he tried to shove things into bags.

"So the doctor agreed." Shishir said as he gave me an 'I knew it.' Look.

"Yeah, since Bozo cannot sleep without you. And we cannot get a dog into the hospital." Paresh shot me an accusing look.

"It is better excuse than saying he needs to cook breakfast for us!" I retorted reminding him of his silly reason that he was giving the doctor.

"I have a dog? When? How?" Shishir gave me a shocked look. "And I cook breakfast? What happened to Cornflakes and oats?"

"Um no. but I had to suggest a good sensible reasoning to the doctor, not a lame one as his." I said glaring at Paresh.

"So hugging my imaginary dog to sleep is very sensible." Shishir said his lips twitching as he looked at Paresh "Of course I have to remember to cook your breakfast Sir." He said shaking his head.

I shot him an indignant look "The doctor agreed Shishir. We were still talking when he raised his hand in the air and said 'Fine fine take him. Just ensure no stress and bring him for a check up tomorrow.'" I said placing my hands on my hips as I tried to imitate the doctor.

"Basically which means he wanted you two out of his back and office." Shishir barked out a laugh. "He would have given you his bank details if two would have tried harder." He said by now rolling in laughter.

Why the ungrateful mean man!

I glared at him as he kept grinning and went about getting himself ready to leave.

***

It was already evening and we had been back with Shishir about two hours back. I sighed as I looked towards his room door.

Thankfully he was sleeping. Doctor had already warned us that concussion will lead to sleeplessness and for first few days they would give him some tablets to help through. He needed to relax after all.

My phone buzzed and I closed my eyes in frustration when Manju Mami's name flashed on. This was the third time she was calling and I am in no mood to talk to her.

But I have to I thought to myself. I looked around and saw Paresh was sitting in front of the T.V. I slowly tiptoed out of the apartment and climbed the few stairs up to the terrace.

"Hello?" I said as I shut the door behind me and bolted it.

"Suvarna, where have you been?" Mami's voice came in accusingly ." I have been calling you since-"

"Mamiji I am busy." I said abruptly.

"Even Shishir is not answering." She and I felt anger surge through me.

"Mamiji stop bothering him." I took a deep breathe trying to calm myself. "He is – busy for next few days and- just leave him alone." I said still trying to calm myself.

"Suvarna I don't like to see you suffer-" She started.

"Mamiji what happened three years ago was not Shishir's fault!" I almost shouted in despair. "He would never let anyone even come close to hurting me in any way."

"I need to go. I will call you later." I said when she started saying something and punched the end call button.

After I disconnected the call I tried to fight back the guilty feeling. I did not like the things I told her, but I cannot get it out of my head that she could be the reason why Shishir had this accident.

I sighed and turned around. Seeing the decorated terrace my heart cried in despair. I had planned to surprise Shishir tonight.

A sudden movement caught my eyes. Someone is here!

"Who-" my query dried out as soft music floated and the lights dimmed. Shishir stepped out of the corner.

My heart went berserk as he came nearer. Our eyes locked "May I have the honour of a dance with the lady." He said softly as he stretched out his hand to me.

Shishir! "But I bolted the door." I said trying to gulp away the sudden lump in my throat.

He smiled as he reached for my hand. "I have a stairway directly from my room, leading up here." He whispered pulling me close.

He turned me around taking the phone out of my hand and placed it on a table nearby.

"I love this decoration." He said planting a small kiss on my cheek from behind. I felt my skin tingle immediately.

"Um- What makes you think I decorated this?" I said trying to calm my heart that seemed determined to go berserk.

"I love it as I said, but-" he trailed off chuckling slightly. "It's too feminine for me to have planned it."

"Oh." I said as a blush found it's way to my cheeks.

"And" Shishir continued "that brat I have for a brother would never take so much pain for anyone. He would rather book a nice cozy table."

I almost giggled remembering my previous day's conversation with Paresh.

My giggle dried out when I heard the song float in after the music.

"Y- You remembered this song?" I said.

An old, quite old song from the movie Parinda floated around us as the dim lights cast a shadow around.

**Tumse mil ke aisa laga-

Armaan hue poore dil ke-
**
I closed my eyes as I felt Shishir's hand turn me around and held me by my waist and my other hand in his palm.

I put my other hand instinctively on his chest as he started swaying us slowly.

"How can I ever forget this song, Suvi."

Shishir's POV.

How can I forget that she had once heard this song play in some party and had said she totally loves this song?

Even my teasing that the movie was older than her and made way before she was born had not deterred her.

She had said looking wistfully lost 'When I find the prince of my heart I want to dance on this song in his arms.'

The memory of that look on her face and her words had never left my heart. I know she is the queen of my heart. I don't need details of past few days to confirm me on that.

She has ruled my heart, my actions even when she was not around. And now that she is back in my life she is not going anywhere. I tightened my hold on her waist pulling her closer.

I remembered her conversation with her Mami. What happened three years ago?

My jaws clenched at the thought of my Suvi getting hurt in any way. And what was this about not being my fault.

I hate not remembering!

But she said three years ago and my memory has a gap of only about twenty days. I raked my brain for some hint, some conversation I might have had with Paresh.

Nothing! I just don't remember him mentioning anything about Suvi or her suffering in any way.

I felt Suvi move slightly and brought my focus back on present.

"Suvi." I said kissing her hair lightly.

"Hmm?" She asked tilting her head slightly back to look at me. I smiled when she had to tilt it further due to our height difference.

"Since you decorated this, you must have planned something." I said softly looking into her eyes.

Her flushed look and immediately downcast eyes told me I was correct.

I lifted her up as the last bit of the song played on. Now she was at my eye level.

"Suvi, I may have not made you change your name yet but I sure as hell know I could not have kept my feelings bottled up." I said half jokingly.

I have been loving her desperately too long to have not confessed yet. I am pretty sure on that.

"Look at me Suvi." I urged. She darted a glance on my face and looked away after a moment.

"Say it Suvi." I said placing her gently down. I caressed her cheek with my finger and leaned down to place a kiss on her forehead.

"I know this memory will stay on even after I get back my lost memory." I continued. I had already checked on the doctor about that.

I cupped her face between my hands forcing her to look at me.

"No concussion is going to keep me from hearing what you planned Suvi." I said looking into her eyes as she gazed at me.

"Shishir" She said still looking unsure if she should.

I smiled knowing she was thinking about not stressing me. But I am going to make sure she pours her heart to me as she must have planned.

"I love you Suvi. I love you so very much." I said brushing my lips with hers.

&&&

This will continue in the next chapter! Let them float in love for longer.

And the song- well I heard it some days back and thought about SuShi.

Do suggest some more songs guys for the next chapter. And I will share something I have been trying my best not to do!

Few months back I happened to by chance see the song Mere rang mein range wali -Terrace song from Maine pyar kiya.) And I have had a tough time keeping SuShi away from terrace ever since then . Now this was way back when Shishir had just gone to Delhi so could not have happened then! LOL

Please do vote and comment.

Love, from me to you.:)

Pre cap chapter 54

Shishir's POV.

I felt my heartbeat quicken it's pace as I looked on at her face.

"Shishir." She closed her eyes before opening them "I- I love you Shishir."She said not taking her eyes away from me.

My heart just forgot to beat. I crashed my lips down on hers and tried to fight back the prick in my eyes.

This girl is my whole world, always was, Always will be.

Enjoy guys!

Buh bye till next time.:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 778 32
A short story collection of Anirudh and Bondita. Story 1 My Ex wants me Bondita's life was quite simple with a sweet boyfriend until her ex showed u...
518K 19.6K 69
SHRANAV OBEROI - 27 yrs CEO of Shriar & co. A tall, well built , handsome man, has anger issues, to arrogant known as the devil in his office. Loves...
903K 47.7K 75
A Wattpad Featured Novel. (July 2017) _________________________ "Why did you appoint me?" She asked him which made him stop on his tracks. "I don't t...
37.1K 2.2K 31
*Not just a Fan fiction* I saw Aaliya hug aunty and cry, and I felt like something burned my heart. It disturbed me to look at her that way. Why is i...