𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐄 ππŽπˆπ‘π„ | sasuke...

Π’Ρ–Π΄ shisuistan

β†’ π€π”βœ¨ BÊTE NOIRE: bet-ˈnwΓ€r (n.) a person or thing that is particularly disliked and avoided; an object of... Π‘Ρ–Π»ΡŒΡˆΠ΅

Prologue
I
Nee-chan
Surprise Entry
The Testing
Little Treasures
Sakura and Haku
With Shisui
Naori
White
Doctor Yakushi
Cheat Sheet
The Project
First Night
Focus
Deception
Kekkei Genkai
Blood, Sweat and Tears
Fear
Author's Note
Body
Bombarded
Tera-chan
Itachi
Soon
Arrival
Name?
Mission
Journey
You
Freedom
What to Do?
Return
Home
First Night
News
Sora
Some Nights
Loyalty
Nerves
Run
Purity
Heart to Heart
Goodbye
Memory
Shizuka
Welcome!
Meeting
Dinner
Regrets
I Want
Yukata
Matchmaker
Crush
Co-Parents
Update
Shijima
Birthday
Release
Ayumi
Supervisor
Separation
Changeover
Reunion
Inspection
Yuta
Princess
August
Picnic
All Left
Shisui
The Last
Rebirth
The Babysitter's Club
Decisions
Awake
Change
Breathe
Attack
Prepare
Vessel
Go
One Call Away
Collision
Rage
Alliance
Origin
Tear
Remembered
Yuujin
Preparation
Darkness
End
I Confess
In Between
Surprise
Switch
Be My Last
Home Sweet Home
Bedridden
Fairy Tale
Starcrossed
Break Up
Child-free
Begin
Adrift
Moving
Necklace
Safety
Treason
Terms and Conditions
Icha Icha
Canon
Headquarters
Death
Success
Anguish
Serious Talk
First Shift
A New Beginning

My Love

3.8K 212 53
Π’Ρ–Π΄ shisuistan

"It really means a lot to us that you're doing this, Naruto."

The blond Uzumaki nodded as he sat in the Kazekage's office with the Kazekage and the recently voted out Hokage, Tsunade Senju. The two Kage regarded him closely, as if awaiting further information.

"There's someone we want you to meet," said Gaara, leaning back in his seat as he stared at the door of the meeting room. "Temari and Kankuro should be bringing her in any time soon."

Naruto's brow furrowed in confusion as he too looked towards the door, wondering who the pair would want him to meet.

The Uzumaki had been stationed in Sunagakure for months now, as ordered by the Uchiha, to collect information on their rivals and bring it back to Konoha. With a week left in the village, Naruto had imparted all of his knowledge on the Uchiha clan's movements and plans to the two leaders, neither of whom met his news with excitement.

"Gaara, we're here." The voice of Gaara's older sister came from the other side of the door, to which the redhead called out, "Come in," in his deep, raspy voice.

Naruto watched as the door opened, and Temari stepped in, followed by a woman with short, cropped maroon hair, and deep azure eyes. He did a double take as Kankuro brought up the rear and shut the door behind the trio, staring intensely at the new face. She noticed him staring at her and shot him a nervous smile, bowing at him and the two Kage.

"Hello."

Flabbergasted, Naruto raised a hand and pointed at the woman as he gawped incredulously, noting the striking similarities between herself and the woman he still called Kohana. Tsunade raised an eyebrow at the Uzumaki's reaction, mildly surprised.

"You know her?" she asked, prompting the blond to shake his head.

"No, no... she just looks a lot like someone I know."

"Kannon, please take a seat," said Gaara softly, indicating for the maroon haired woman to sit next to Naruto. She did so, and looked at Naruto with bright eyes.

Tsunade leaned over the table, and looked at Naruto with a sharp look in her eyes.

"This is Kannon, Kannon Kurotsuki. And I think you'll want to hear what she has to say."

At the name "Kurotsuki", Naruto jumped in his seat and gaped at Kannon, putting two and two together.

"Kurotsuki?! Are you- are you related to Kohana?!"

Kannon tilted her head to the side, unsure of who Naruto was speaking of.

"Quite possibly," she joked. "If seeing me makes you look this shocked."

"Woah... you look so similar..." trailed off the Uzumaki. Kannon glanced over at Tsunade, who nodded at her and prompted her to speak.

"Kannon, tell Naruto everything you told us. 

"I'm certain that the one you seek is with the Uchiha."

***

"One night. One night, and we head back to the compound."

I sighed as Sasuke gave instructions behind me.

"Okay. We need to replenish our supplies, though- and by our, I mean the supplies for Ayumi. Now that we have her, we have to be more careful of the journey back home," said Karin, reaching for her backpack (that I had temporarily stolen) and pulling out the pouches of money. "We need to make sure we can keep her safe until we get back to the nursery."

"Go buy what you need," said Sasuke flippantly, waving the medical nin away. "I'll stay here."

I grumbled under my breath at the thought of being left alone with the Uchiha, and Karin shot me a sharp look.

"Okay. Tera, is there anything you need?"

"Underwear..." I muttered under my breath. "And a new set of clothes. These ones are disgusting."

"Okay. I'll be back soon- try not to kill each other or Ayumi, okay?"

With that, the Uzumaki left, and I sat with my back to Sasuke as Ayumi finished eating. Pulling my shirt back down and lifting her to my shoulder, I patted Ayumi's back as I encouraged her to burp. The raven haired Uchiha continued to watch as Ayumi burped, and I lay her down in my lap.

"How do you know to do all that?"

I glanced at him over my shoulder, gently rocking Ayumi.

"What do you mean?"

Sasuke walked over and sat across from me on the bed, nodding his head at the now subdued Ayumi. She wasn't sleeping, though: it was as if she were quietly analysing her environment, her small onyx eyes scanning the room carefully.

"I mean... they took her away from you when she was born. You look like you've been taking care of her all your life."

My lips twitched upwards in a small smile at the Uchiha's curiosity, and I reminisced about my days at the orphanage.

"I used to take care of all the babies who came through the orphanage after me," I said softly, remembering all the children I had helped Kyoko nurse and raise. "Right from the eldest, Yuudai, to Rin and Akane, the ones who are still little babies. Or, they were babies the last time I saw them. They've turned one by now, I'm sure."

A pang of nostalgia struck my heart as the faces of the children at the orphanage appeared in my mind. They had been both my siblings and my own children; it had almost been a year since I had seen them, even Yuki and Ryo. I wondered how they were doing; the oldest right now would have been Yuudai, and he would only be thirteen. Had Kyoko found new staff to help her take care of the children? Was she coping alright without Ino, Sai and I?

"Ah. That makes sense." Sasuke's voice broke me out of my trance, and I gave him a half-hearted smile as I turned my attention back to Ayumi. By now, she was staring back up at me, and I grinned at her little face.

"I wonder how you'll be when we get back," I said mournfully, now coming to terms with my inevitable separation from her. She stared up at me, not blinking, and I felt myself becoming more and more emotional. "Will they take good care of you? I hope they do. You won't remember me. I wish you could, but you won't. I guess it's a cycle, huh? I never knew my mother, and now you'll never know yours."

I sniffled a bit, and leapt in surprise as I heard Sasuke clear his throat.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed, clutching my chest in surprise. "I forgot you were here! Oh my god, you scared me!"

"Don't mind me," said the Uchiha briskly, getting to his feet and making his way to the door. I raised an eyebrow in surprise as he walked out, shutting the door quietly behind himself, but didn't think much of it. He probably found all my emotional talk uncomfortable, haha.

With his departure, I turned back to Ayumi, who was still staring blankly at the ceiling. I smiled brightly at her, and began speaking again.

"We have three days left together," I whispered, lifting my finger and stroking her cheek. "Do you like the name Ayumi? I do, but I want to name you. I keep saying that, but I can't think of a name. How about Kyoko? Would you like that?"

My hand trailed down to meet hers, where I let her wrap her little hand around my index finger. As she squeezed it, I felt myself beginning to tear up, and averted my gaze upwards so that I wouldn't splash any on her.

"I love Kyoko, but it's a little plain for someone like you," I murmured, looking down at her as the tears began to stream down my face. "How about keeping Kyoko as your middle name, huh? You can be Ayumi Kyoko. Ah, that's clunky. Man, this is harder than I thought."

I smiled weakly as I wiped my face with the back of my hand, my vision becoming blurred from the growing amount of tears.

"I want you to be mine," I said, choking on my own words. "I don't want you to be theirs. I'm so selfish, Ayumi. I'm throwing away the opportunity to be with you to save the lives of two Uchiha. Do you hate me for it?"

She began making little sounds, and my tears just increased a thousand-fold.

"I'm so sorry," I apologised feebly, turning my face into my shoulder as I let out a little sob.

As I kept her safely situated in my lap, all I could do was cry.

In pain, and in agony, I lamented the prospect of giving Ayumi up to the clan. It wasn't fair.

I didn't want her in the first place, but now that she was here, she was the only thing I wanted.

The Uchiha had given me something so precious, only to take it away from me.

I shouldn't have gotten so attached as I was.

But I couldn't help it.

ΠŸΡ€ΠΎΠ΄ΠΎΠ²ΠΆΠΈΡ‚ΠΈ читання

Π’Π°ΠΌ Ρ‚Π°ΠΊΠΎΠΆ ΡΠΏΠΎΠ΄ΠΎΠ±Π°Ρ”Ρ‚ΡŒΡΡ

1M 28.1K 36
What if Uzumaki Naruto had a sister? That he never knew she existed. Her name is Minako. A Kunoichi, JinchΕ«riki and the reincarnation of Uzumaki Mito...
I think of you ! Π’Ρ–Π΄ Avadoi

Π ΠΎΠΌΠ°Π½Ρ‚ΠΈΠΊΠ°

30.2K 513 34
In Konoha High, there are two totally opposite side of a same coin : naruto Uzumaki, the one who's good in practically everything he does , and sasu...
826K 27.3K 49
βπ™’π™šπ™‘π™˜π™€π™’π™š π™π™€π™’π™š, π™Žπ™–π™¨π™ͺπ™ π™š-𝙠π™ͺ𝙣.❞ β•°β”ˆβž€ IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sakura to take her on a journey of their o...
504K 11K 40
Naruko Uzumaki is the girl that everyone avoids. Nobody likes her or even treats her like a human being. They call her names, throw things at her, in...