Brother's Best Friend (Book 2)

By BABeautimous

*This is a sequel to Best Friend's Sister and I emplore you to go read that one before reading this one.* Z... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Epilogue
People!

3

97 5 0
By BABeautimous

  I walked downstairs and down the block to the storage space the apartments had. I opened my space and pulled the tarp off my car. I looked at the shiny black paint and the clean glass of my SS Chevrolet. I loved my car. I loved both my cars-and yes I have two, one is my normal car and the other is my racing car. I'm a street racer, and I race with my SS Chevrolet. The other car is a simple silver BMW-but my Chevy was my baby.

  I pulled the keys out of my pocket and got in the drivers seat. I turned on the engine and it roared to life. My cars roar was amazing by the way. Loud and dominant.

  I drove it out of the storage unit and got out real quick to close up my space. I locked it up and put the keys in my pocket. I got back in my car and drove to the front of the apartment building to pick up Dean. As he closed the door I sped off. Down the streets of Cambridge, Massachusetts.

  "Zerena, you wanna slow down a bit or something?"

  "Aw come on Dean, I'm going the speed limit. Plus you have to remember it's a race car, I use it for racing. I'm used to driving fast in it."

  I glanced at him to see his knuckles turning white from gripping the dashboard and the car handle, his face was red from holding his breath and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

  "Relax Dean. I promise I won't get us in a car crash or anything. It's ok. I'm a professional."

  "Sure, sure. I trust you. But the car, not so much."

  "Dean, babe, I control the car. Calm down. Ok?" I took one hand off the steering wheel and grabbed his hand. He started to relax a little at my touch. As we reached the school and I pulled into the parking lot, he was physically relaxed. Now mentally, I couldn't say anything.

  I pulled into a parking space and cut the engine. Dean was still holding my hand and had yet to let go.

  "Dean, sweetie. I kinda need my hand. I promise you can hold it as long as you like in class but now right now," I teased.

  He looked at me and let go of my hand, "you ready for this?"

  "I'm ready. Now come on, class starts in twenty."

  I got out of the car and some hooted and hollered at me. I flipped them off and walked to Dean's side.

  "When did my Angel become so
rude?" He whispered in my ear.

  I laughed, "since now. People who think they can hoot and holler at me. I'm no object. If they saw what I did with my life, they sure wouldn't be hollering at me."

  "Zerena, they're hollering because you're hot. And the only reason people haven't hollered at you like that before is because they knew you as a street racer or were blind to your beauty," he said.

  "Or because everyone was too scared because of you and Seth," I muttered.

  "That too. Now shut up and order your coffee before you explode on someone. Theres a coffee cart over there," he smiled.

  "Oh thank heavens. Today, after classes, we're buying more coffee."

  "Alright, Angel. But you know we wouldn't be out if someone hadn't drank it all in a week."

  "I have no idea what you're talking about," I played dumb.

  "I'm sure you do."

  We reached the cart and I ordered my coffee. Dean ordered his and payed for both of ours.

  We headed to class and say down in the back. First was math. But instead of learning anything we got a two hour lecture about how the year's gonna go in the class.

  So far I hated college. Just the school really, the classes. Worst part of school, the classes. Ironic right? Oh well.

~~~

  "Alright, I've got to go," Dean kissed the top of my head before walking away. I turned down a hallway and entered my class. I sat in the back and waited for the lesson to start.

A girl with a spray tan and bleach blonde hair walked up to me, "you're in my seat."

"I don't see a sign or anything. So I don't think it's your seat," I shrugged my shoulders.

"But it's my seat. I sit here and if you don't move I'll make your life a living hell," she snarled.

I stood up and leaned forward so I was in her face, "my life already was a living hell in high school and not because fake bitches like you but worse. Nothing you say or do will hurt me just piss me off. And if you don't get out of my face right now you'll have to cover more than your zits with all that makeup," I glared daggers at her.

"I don't have zits!" She gasped and ran off.

I sat down with a smirk, "bitch," I muttered.

"Dude that was awesome!" Another girl walked but instead of a spray tan and bleach blonde hair she had fiery red hair and a light tan. Freckles were sprinkled across her nose and cheeks and she had the brightest brown eyes.

"Thanks," I smiled, "though I didn't really do anything."

"You told her off," the girl smiled, "by the way I'm April. And the girl you just freaked out was Helena, acts like she rules the place because her dad is a teacher."

"I'm Zerena," I smiled, "wanna sit?" I pointed to the seat next to me.

"Hell ya," she sat down beside me, "that's an interesting name. Zerena," she sounded it out, "its like Serena but with a Z."

I chuckled, "that's the point."

"Oh, duh," she smacked her forehead.

"Alright class, let's get started," the teacher stood up from her desk and began.

Throughout the class April and I talked and created a great friendship. The teacher kept eyeing us and asking us to keep quiet at times where we'd giggle and quiet down.

After class April and I kept talking as we walked out. We stopped and watched as we saw Helena tortured another girl. She was in her face screaming and hollering about only god knows what.

I stepped in front of Helena and held up my hand, "what seems to be the problem?"

"What are you doing here?" She snapped.

"I'm putting you in your place, bitch."

"You're just someone who thinks they can do whatever they want. Well you can't."

"And why not? Because only you can run around like some know-it-all bitch. We're not in high school anymore, grow the fuck up," I snapped.

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"And you can't bother everybody just because you're insecure! Now run along before I give you a bruise on that fake face of yours," I said in a low voice to scare her off.

She stomped away. I turned to the person she was torturing. The girl was frail and timid. She had long shiny black hair and pale skin. Her eyes were bright blue and she wore glasses.

"Hi," I smiled, "I'm sorry about her."

"Th-th-thank y-y-you-u. I-I'm-m C-C-Carl-l-y," she stuttered.

"You don't have to be shy, Carly. I'm not gonna hurt you," I softened my smile.

"No, but everybody's staring," April whispered to me.

I turned around, "what are you staring?! Move along! There's nothing here for you see!!" I glared.

Everyone scattered. I turned back to Carly, "would you like to come hang out us? April and I were planning on going back to my apartment to hang out."

She nodded. "Ok, come on."

Someone wrapped their arms around me from behind, "always were the hero." He whispered in my ear and kissed my neck.

I turned around, "someone's gotta do it," I shrugged.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead, "who are your friends?" He nodded towards them.

I turned to face my friends who were staring at us, "what?"

"You guys are adorable," April did a little happy dance.

"Oh my god," I groaned and face palmed.

"I would have to agree with her. We are adorable," Dean said, "just watch my hair fly in the wind."

"Oh dear Lordy. Dean please don't," I pleaded.

"Ugh fine, wreck all my fun."

"I know, I'm just so mean cuz I don't want my boyfriend to act like a girl," I rolled my eyes, "anyway. Dean these are my new friends April and Carly. Guys, this is my boyfriend, Dean."

"You are so going to tell us your guys' story when we get back to your apartment," April said. Carly nodded in agreement.

"You invited them over?" Dean whispered.

"Ya, in made new friends on my first day at college, how could I not?"

"Ok," he shrugged.

"Let's go," I called. I took Dean's hand and started walking. April and Carly followed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.4K 26
-Sequel to Broken- Emily has finally come out of her coma. She made it through the hell she called high school and is on her way to college. When she...
5.1K 101 16
Sequel to Mine This is about Casey and Izzie and the struggles they face balancing college with their relationship. I suggest you read the first one...
109K 4.1K 40
I've been unlucky in love. I've had my heart broken so many times. When I meet a guy, he makes me believe I can love again. He is everything I've eve...
686K 8.9K 28
***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I suggest you read it first as there are some s...