9

I poked my head into Carly's room to check on her. April had left a little while ago but Sam refused to leave Carly. He's sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor of her room. They were both asleep and snoring.

I chuckled to myself and closed the door as I walked to mine and Dean's room. I closed our door behind me and went to the closet. I changed into sweatpants and a tee shirt and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Once I finished brushing my teeth I pulled my hair into a messy bun and walked over to the bed. I crawled underneath the covers and spread out a little bit. Dean turned around to face me and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him. I soon feel asleep in his arms.

~~~

  I woke up to a heavenly smell coming from the kitchen. I looked behind me and saw Dean laying next to me still snoring and asleep. I remembered then that Carly was here and knew it must be her.

I got up slowly, trying to not wake Dean, and walked to my closet. I got dressed in a black tee and jeans with a flannel and suspenders hanging at my waist.

I was rolling up the sleeves to my flannel when I walked out of the closet and watched as Dean tried to find me in his sleep. When his arm searched the whole side of the bed he pried open an eye and looked around. I finished rolling up my sleeve and chuckled at Dean's behavior.

I walked up to him and pecked his forehead saying a quick good morning. I went into the bathroom and brushed my hair, leaving it down in its natural waves.

"What is that smell?" It smells amazing," Dean asked.

"Well I sure hope it's Carly making food and not something or someone else," I smiled and walked out of the room. I popped my head back in and looked at him, "and if you want some you better hurry before her and I eat it all," I teased him and walked to the kitchen.

  "Whatcha doin'?" I asked as I sat down on the bar stools next to the counter.

  Carly was standing in front of the stove cooking bacon, eggs, toast, and waffles. She turned to me and smiled, "I woke up early and thought I'd make food as a thank you for helping me. And giving me a place to stay."

  I shrugged, "no problem. My mom pays the rent while Dean and I deal with the other bills-mainly me-but that's irrelevant. Anyway, all I ask is that you pitch in on the grocery bill and hopefully doing some of the shopping. Dean and I will procrastinate until it's mandatory that we go because there's no food in our kitchen."

  She laughed, "I noticed that when I had to go to the store just to get this for breakfast," she pointed at the food she was making.

  I softly laughed and turned when I heard footsteps coming our way. I saw Sam wearing a pair of jeans and no shirt walking our way. He walked straight towards Carly and wrapped his arms around her from behind, kissing her neck.

  She giggled. "Morning baby doll," Sam said.

She blushed a little and whispered a morning. I smiled at them and thought about how cute they were. Dean came up behind me and repeated Sam's actions by kissing my neck.

I turned around in his arms and kissed his lips, "morning," I grinned.

He gave a half smiled, then it brightened, "it's Wednesday. What are we doing this weekend?"

I shrugged. It was Seth's and I's birthday this weekend and had never had a birthday without him. I frowned a little as I thought about how much I miss my twin brother. I wasn't really looking forward to this weekend.

  "What's this weekend?" Carly asked. Still not out of Sam's grasp.

  "Nothing important," I shrugged.

  "Angel it's your 19th birthday. How is that nothing important?" Dean asked.

  I shrugged, "I just miss him and don't really want to celebrate a birthday without him."

  "I know that Angel. But it's still your birthday. I even called him earlier this week so he could make room in his schedule to Skype each other," Dean reassured me.

  "It's your birthday?" Carly asked, relaxing into Sam, realizing that she wasn't going anywhere.

  "It's whose birthday?" April asked, as she entered the apartment. I gave her an extra key last night once she said that she would be coming over in the morning to check on Carly.

  "Zerena's," Sam said as he finally let go of Carly so she could finish breakfast.

  "Well what are you doing?" April asked.

  "Nothing! Absolutely nothing. The only thing I will be doing for my birthday is Skyping my twin and that's it!" I yelled and stormed out of the room. I really didn't want to do anything except talk to my brother. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

~~~

  After classes I walked straight to my car and waited for my friends. I had to give Carly and Dean a ride anyway and I expected Sam and April to join us as usual. They all came later than I thought they would but I didn't care. I was too busy rocking out to 21 Pilots and Skillet. Two of my favorite bands.

  When they finally showed up they were all grinning and April said goodbye before heading to her car. She said she couldn't come cuz of homework or something. Sam said he was taking Carly on a date and headed to his own car while Dean got into the passenger seat of my car.

  I went straight home and parked closer to the door. I had barely talked at all today since I was thinking about my birthday and Seth and all our past birthday memories.

  I was sitting on the couch, deep in thought, when Dean came and sat next to me. He pulled me into a hug and ran his fingers through my hair.

  "I know you miss him, Angel. I do too. It sucks being away from your best friend and twin brother for you but everyone does it at some point."

  It was quiet for a minute before I spoke, "I know. I just wasn't fully ready for it I guess. It's too soon," I turned and sat in his lap, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

  "I know baby, I know," he sighed and waited before speaking again, "I was gonna head to the store to get some food in this place. Wanna come?"

  I shook my head, "not really. I'm pretty tired. I think I'll just go to bed."

  He nodded, "if that's what you want."

  He kissed my forehead before we both stood up. I walked to the bedroom as he left and headed to the store.