10

It was Thursday after classes and I was heading to my car while texting Dean. He needed to talk to his coach real quick and would meet me at the car in a couple minutes.

Just as I was putting my phone in my back pocket a familiar voice spoke, "hey, Z, strange seeing you here."

I looked up and froze. I saw my brother, Seth, standing about twenty feet from me with his arms crossed. I was glad I didn't have anything in my hands and just a backpack to carry all my stuff as I sprinted to my brother. Dropping the backpack at my feet as I jumped into his awaiting arms.

I laughed in delight as I was finally with my brother. He lifted me off my feet and spun me around. He set me back on my feet and I faced him.

I grinned wider-if it was even possible-and hugged him again. He chuckled as I tightened my grip on him. Even though he did the same to me.

  We stood there, slightly swaying, as we hugged. It was a thing our family did every time we hugged someone. We swayed, weird right?

  Seth placed a kiss on top of my head before I was suddenly almost ripped from his grasp. He held on to me tightly as instinct kicked in. I tightened my hold a little on him too.

  "Who the hell are you?! And why are you kissing my best friend?!" April shouted from behind me, still trying to get me out of Seth's grip.

  Seth gave me a weird look at the mention of me being her best friend. I rolled my eyes playfully as I heard another set of footsteps approach us.

  "Who's kissing who now?" Dean asked.

  Seth's eyes brightened at the sight of his best friend and pulled away from me to hug Dean. "I'm kissing you're girl. Got a problem with that?" Seth teased.

  "Always," Deans eyes gleamed as he grinned. They did their normal bro-hug before us three had a group hug. We're touchy people. Don't judge.

  "Ok seriously what is going on?" April asked as Sam and Carly walked up.

  I pulled away from the group hug and touchy moment to turn towards my friends. My grin never leaving my face.

  "And why are you smiling so much? I don't think I've seen you smile that big or that much since I met you," Sam said.

  "Guys, this is my twin brother Seth," I told them.

  Recognition flashed in their eyes as they looked at my twin. We looked almost exactly alike. Other than our genders and he's more built than I am.

  "Well finally we get to meet this famous Seth," Carly muttered sarcastically. We still heard her and Seth and I chuckled.

  "Ya. I'm the famous Seth," he chuckled. I saw a few girls stop and stare at my brother for a minute. I wasn't surprised, it happened all the time in high school. He's not a player but he certainly has looks, I can't deny that. When he noticed he winked at the girls and rolled his eyes as they swooned over him.

  I punched his shoulder, "you better not be a player kid. I'll beat you into a pulp if you're playing with girls' hearts," I teased.

  He laughed a little, "you know that's not gonna happen. My hearts already taken," then something clicked, "did you just call me kid? Last I checked I was older."

  "By two minutes! It doesn't matter!" I exclaimed.

  "But it does," he smirked and winked at me. I rolled my eyes as I walked to my car.

April caught up to me and whispered in my ear, "you're brothers pretty cute," she looked over her shoulder at him, "would you mind if I take him?"

"Yes I would," I deadpanned, "and so would he. Plus I don't want my best friend and sibling dating."

"How do you think I feel?" Seth asked as we reached my car.

I chuckled, "I know you're happy that we're dating."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because both your best friend and your sister are happy. And that makes you happy," I smirked.

  "Oh how I've missed your cockiness and arrogance," he sighed dramatically.

  "As to you," I smiled, "need a ride?"

  He nodded. Him and Dean got in my car while Carly and Sam got into April's. We drove back to the apartment; Dean, Seth, and I all catching up with each other.

  I pulled into a parking space and April came in next to me. We walked up to the apartment.

  "So Seth. Tell me what happened with Devin?" I got excited as we plopped down on the couch. April took the wing back chair while Carly and Sam sat on the love seat.

  Dean walked in and handed everyone a bag of chips before laying down on the couch with his head in my lap.

  Seth grinned and blushed a little, "her and I are dating."

  "Ooo!! How'd you do it?" I asked.

  "For once, I took your advice and asked her out the bouquet of white calla lilies. Her favorite color and flower. I found out by asking her friend, Jennifer," he said, "it worked. She said yes and now we're dating. Speaking of, she's flying in tomorrow. She wanted to spend time with me on my birthday and I knew you wouldn't mind."

"Not at all. Where are you staying? I mean, I would offer our guest room but Carly is occupying it at the moment," I asked.

"I'm staying at the hotel just around the corner. Why is Carly staying here?"

"I got her away from an evil environment," I said, then whispered, "she was getting beat."

He nodded in understanding.

"Wait! Hold on! Did you say the hotel around the corner?" April yelled. Seth nodded. A smile took over her face, "you mean the 'Rosalyn Hotel'? "

Seth nodded again, looking a little confused. "Damn! You guys are rich," Sam muttered.

"No!" Both Seth and I shouted, "our mother is rich. We are not. We're just spoiled because she feels bad," Seth finished.

"What would she feel bad about something?" Sam asked.

Neither Seth or I answered. He tensed slightly and I brought my knees to my chest, hugging them close, as memories flashed through my head. A tear slipped down my cheek as my thoughts wandered to the person I hoped would never come back in my life. It seems, though, that he never really left.