11

The tears slowly came. One after the other until they were a non-stop stream, running down my face. I hadn't moved from my position on the couch. Dean and Sam still waiting for me to lash out or something. I wouldn't do it though. I couldn't do it. I refused to let my so called father get to me.

  "You don't have to answer if you don't want to," Sam quickly said agreeing noticing my depressing state.

  I shook my head, sucking up my tears and wiping my cheeks to dry them. I leaned into Seth and held Dean's hand.

  I looked over at Sam, "my mother feels guilty because my father beat the shit out of me. Ever since his company took, he changed. He was never the same after that. My...well, our," I motioned to Seth, "mom feels guilty for not doing anything. She just stood by and let it be."

  Silence followed as everyone knew that I want only abused, no body helped me. Except for Seth, of course. And Dean when we went to his house.

  "I'm sorry," Sam said.

  I let out a small laugh, "I don't want your pity."

Dean flicked Seth's forehead and gave Seth a look. Seth glared at Dean but reluctantly let me go. Dean pulled me into an embrace, wanting to comfort me. I don't know what I did to deserve a loving brother and boyfriend who both cared for me so much. But I have them and I'm very thankful.

  "Anyway. Moving on," April said.

  "What time does Devin get in?" I asked Seth. I sat up but was still leaning on Dean's shoulder, his arm around my waist.

  "Around ten am," Seth said.

  "Alright well then I'm gonna go to bed to I can get up a little earlier," I said. It was getting late, close to 10:30pm.

  "You going to your classes tomorrow?" Dean asked.

  I shook my head, "no. I want to spend time with my brother."

  He nodded, "alright. I need to go to class tomorrow, then I have practice so I'll be home a little later than usual."

  I nodded and turned to my friends, "what about you guys?"

  "We're going to school. Let you spend some much needed time with your twin," April said. Sam and Carly nodded in agreement.

  I smiled, "thanks guys."

  I stood up and walked behind April to the front door with Seth on my heels. I walked with him to the front of the inn he was staying at.

  "Well you have made some interesting friends," he commented.

  I nodded, "you have no idea."

  He chuckled, "I think I can take a pretty good guess. I mean, they are friends with you," he teased.

  I punched his shoulder, "shut up." I smiled but looked down at the ground as the previous conversation came to mind.

  He lifted my chin, "hey. It's ok. We threw him out, remember? He's gone. Nothing else will happen to you, I promise," he hugged me.

  "I know, it's just hard to let it go."

  "I know, Z. But you got me and Dean and mom and all those new crazy friends of yours. We're all here for you. Ok?" I nodded. He grinned, "good. Now smile."