17

I pulled into the school parking lot with Dean beside me. We got out and he took my hand in his, running circles with his thumb. I was sad that Seth was leaving but I was happy I got to see him. Especially for our birthday.

  Dean and I walked to class and sat down in our normal seats in the back. April, Carly, and Sam soon joined us.

  "Did you guys see Helena's jaw? I'm telling you someone punched her. You don't get a bruise like that from just tripping and face-planting," April said. Sam and Carly nodded.

  I smirked to myself knowing that I was the one to give her that bruise. I turned to April, "what color is the bruise?"

  April opened her mouth then closed it and pointed to the front of the class, "look for yourself."

  I looked at Helena as she came into the classroom. She had a nasty black and purple bruise on the left side of her face, right along her jaw.

  "Angel!" Dean whisper yelled, "how hard did you hit her?!" I had told Dean and my meeting with her and Shayn this morning during breakfast. He ended up laughing so hard he fell off his chair and was crying. It was quite the sight.

  "Wait you did that?!" April whisper yelled.

  I nodded and looked at Dean. I shrugged, "I dunno. I know I was really pissed off though. That girl just gets under my skin and she knows just the words to say to piss me off."

  He laid his arm over my shoulders and pulled me close, running my arm, "I know, Angel. But damn that is one nasty bruise," Dean smirked, "think you broke it?"

  "Based off the sickening pop I heard when my fist connected with her face, I'd say yes, yes I did," I smiled at him.

  Helena looked at me and gave me a deadly glare. I smirked and she tatted walking to towards me.

  She reached the front of my desk and stopped. She looked me over, "what the hell is wrong with you?"

  "That depends. You gotta be a bit more specific," I smiled sweetly.

  "Do you see this?!" She pointed to her jaw, "you did this!"

  "That I did. Want me to do it the other side?"

  "You little bitch! The hell is wrong with you?!"

  "You pissed me off. You asked for it. I can't wait for life to bite you in the ass. All I did was punch your jaw. I coulda broke your nose like I did to what's his face."

  "Shayn. His name is Shayn," she gritted her teeth.

  "Are you getting defensive over him? Wow, you two are perfect. Both annoying, obsessive, jealous, bastards."

  "Did you call me jealous? Why would I be jealous?" She snapped.

  "Why wouldn't you be? You're so insecure about yourself you make everyone around you feel like shit and you cover your face with make-up and wear slutty outfits just for attention. I on the hand, am not insecure, I don't treat everyone like shit, I have friends, and I don't have to become a whore for attention. Why wouldn't you be jealous?" I shrugged. It was normal for people to pick on others because they were jealous that someone had a better life than they did.

  "First of all, I am not jealous. Second, I get everything I want. And third, you don't know me. You can't just make judgements on things you don't know about."

  "Oh but you can? How is that fair? Because you get everything you want? Because your daddy's the VP? Because you can get away with shit? If that's what you think then you've got another thing coming Helena! And nobody, not one soul, will feel sympathetic for you when life comes and bites you in the ass! And I'm waiting and hoping for that day to happen soon! Cuz I'm sick of your bitchy attitude! If you have a problem with someone then tell them! But don't make pick on people and treat them as the shit below your feet just because you have a hard life! You tell me not judge people! Well you shouldn't either! Just tell me if I was even wrong!"

  She hesitated.

  "Helena! Was I wrong?!"

  She shook her head and ran out of the room crying. I grabbed my bag and stormed out of class. I walked to my car and sat in the driver seat with my head on the steering wheel for a minute. I heard the passenger door open and someone get in, closing the door behind them.

  Dean pulled me into his lap and rubbed my back. I leaned on him and sighed. "I didn't want to blow up on her like that," I whispered.

  "I know, Angel."

  "I just wanted her to stop treating people like shit."

  "I think you just need to spend some time with Seth. Come on let's for home, ok?"

  I nodded and he put me by his side and got out of the car. He went around the front and got into the drivers seat. He started the car and drove home.

  He told me to lie down and called Seth. Seth and Devin were over soon and Dean took Devin out. He told me that he'd keep her busy while Seth and I spent some time together.

  Seth came and sat down beside me, "so I heard you yelled at the girl from the skatepark today."

  I nodded and shrugged, "she deserved it."

  "That may be so but does it really mean you should have yelled at her like that."

  "Look Seth, if you're here to help me feel better than talking to me about this is not going to help. She just gets under my skin."

  "Well don't let her. You used to not let anyone get under your skin."

  "That's cuz I had a way of taking out my feelings."

  "Street racing?"

  I nodded, "yep."

  "So race. Come on. Let's go get you into a race."