34

I wasn't sure wether to be happy and grin or to be scared and freak out. I wasn't sure wether I should call Jake or not. Amy passed out almost twenty minutes ago. She was laying on my bed with a cold washcloth over her forehead.

I decided to call Jake, he deserved to know. I picked up my phone and found his contact. Clicking the call button, I put the phone to my ear.

He answered after the fourth ring, "Zerena? I haven't heard from you in months. What's up?"

"Ya sorry about that. Been busy and what not. Anyway I need you to come over, there's something we need to talk about."

"Zerena if you wanted a piece of me, all you had to do was say something," he said cockily.

I rolled my eyes, "whatever. Just please hurry up."

  "Why? What's wrong?" He noticed the waver in my voice and got serious.

  "It's Amy just please hurry," I said and hung up.

  I sat down on the edge of my bed and stared at Amy. I didn't know what to do. She obviously freaked out over the test.

  Footsteps approached me from behind and Dean sat down behind me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close.

  "You ok?" He whispered.

  "I'm not sure. I don't know how to feel. I don't think I will until Amy wakes up," I whispered back.

  He nodded, "that's understandable," there was a pause, as if he were debating on wether to say something or not, "have you called Jake?"

  I nodded, "ya. He's on his way."

  Just then a knock sounded at the front door. I heard it open and Jake came in yelling.

  "Where is she?! Where's Amy?!" Jake yelled as he ran upstairs.

  He came into my room and saw Amy. He visibly relaxed at the sight of her just passed out, though he was still tense.

  "What happened?" He turned to me.

  "She came to me, freaking out. She missed a period..." I paused, "and had cravings." Jake sighed. "Her and I bought a box of tests and when she was in the bathroom, I heard her scream and then she collapsed. Jake, Amy's pregnant."

  Before he could answer, Amy's eyes fluttered open, "Jake?" She moaned, sitting up, "what are you doing here?"

  "Zerena called," he said and hugged her, "are you ok?"

  She nodded, "I'm ok. Freaking out a little but ok."

  He smiled, "good."

  There was a moment of silence, then Jake grinned at Amy, "I'm gonna be a dad! We're going to be parents!"

  She smiled back, "ya we are."

  He hugged and kissed her. I figured now was when Dean and I should leave. We went downstairs to join our friends and give Amy and Jake some time alone.

  "Wow. What a day, huh," I said sarcastically.

  Dean chuckled, "never a dull moment when around the Carters'."

  I laughed, "guess not."

  I headed for the kitchen with Dean on my heels. I found some chips and sat down at the island. We were the only two in the kitchen and it was quiet, peaceful.

  I'd only say down for a minute or two before Dean had his lips on my neck and jaw.

  "Dean," I groaned, "I'm trying to eat."

  "I haven't gotten a moment of you to myself since we got here. Unless it was when we'd go to sleep. Your chips will always be there, this peace won't," he finished and kissed me again.

  "What if we go on a date night tomorrow. We can go down by the lake and have a picnic or something," an idea struck me and I gasped, "we didn't do anything for our anniversary since it's in the middle of the year. What if, to celebrate our one year anniversary, we recreate our first date. Minus the dance of course."

  He grinned at me, "sounds perfect. What time is it?"

I looked at the clock on the stove, "close to 10:30."

"Perfect. Let's go kick Amy and Jake out of your room so we can sleep and having tomorrow be closer."

I pulled him back by taking his hand, "no. You know I'm not a move fast and forget the journey person. I want to enjoy the journey just as much as the destination. The destination is only half as good as the journey, especially if you worked for it."

"Ya whatever. Who are you Bob Marley?"

I nodded, "ya, don't you know," I said in a duh tone

He chuckled, "only you princess, only one," he sighed.

Jake and Amy walked into the kitchen. "Thank you Zerena for helping me out today. You really helped," Amy hugged me.

"What are best friends for?" I shrugged, "now go binge watch Netflix with ice cream and make Jake do all the work. And don't let anybody get you down or say anything rude to you."

She nodded, "will do."

I hugged Jake and Amy bye before the left. Dean and I shared a look and ran towards the stairs.

"Hold it!" Kevin shouted, "what do you two think you're doing?"

"Well mom," I mocked, "I figured I'd hit the hay a little early. I'm just so tired." He shook his head.

"Ya I don't think so not with a boy like that," Kevin said in a motherly voice.

  My mom walked in, "what's going on?"

  "Kevin the mom won't allow Dean and I to sleep in the same room," I smirked.

  My mom grinned finding amusement in the situation, "really?" Kevin nodded, "well I think it's fine. Those two aren't going to do anything."

  "But..." Kevin started.

  My mom stopped him, "no buts. I've known Dean since he was five. He's a gentleman. Plus he'd only do something if he wanted to die because Seth is in the right room next door to Zerena's."

  Kevin smiled, "ok. Good night guys."

  I rolled my eyes and Dean chuckled, "good night Kevin."

  Dean and I headed to my room and quickly changed in comfy clothes before crawling under the comforter.

   Dean wrapped his arm around me, like he did every night, and pulled me close. He leaned over and pecked my cheek before getting comfortable. I fell asleep with a smile.