8

I pulled up in front of Carly's house and out the car in park. I looked back at Carly and Sam. "I know that you want to come in, Sam, bust trust the fewer people the better. I'm going in because I know how to handle this. Please just stay out here. Only come in if you hear screaming from Carly or I or we're not back in ten minutes. Got it?" I said.

  He nodded. Carly and I got out of the car and walked up to the front door. She pulled her keys out of her bag and unlocked the door. We walked in and immediately heard a voice shout, "what the fuck are you doing here?! You're supposed to be at school you little bitch!"

  "Just keep walking to your room. Don't say anything," I whispered to her. "She's grabbing her things and coming to stay with me," I said as a man about 6 foot and looked to be in his mid twenties walked into the room.

  "And who the hell are you? Another one of her slut friends?" He spat.

  I looked down at cargo pants, combat boots, black tank top and leather jacket and looked back at him with a raised eyebrow. "Slut? Really? With what I wear?" I shrugged, "I'm going with Carly so she can grab her things."

  "She's not going anywhere! She's staying here!" He yelled.

  "What's your name?" I know I should've asked Carly before we got here but I kinda forgot to.

  He stopped in his tracks, "what?"

  "What's your name?" I asked again.

  "Johnny," he said skeptically.

  "Ok, Joe-can I call you joe for short- Carly is going to live with me and I'm going to call her parents and tell them what's going on. And there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it," I shrugged, "sorry, not sorry. Couldn't really care less."

  "And what makes you think you can stop me from keeping her here?" He asked.

  "Absolutely nothing, nada, zilch," I said in all honesty.

  He smirked, "That's what I..."

  "Except," I cut him off, "for the fact that you're just a weak excuse of a human. Just like my supposed father is. And you have no right to keep her here. She's over the age of eighteen and can control her own life."

  Carly came down with a suitcase and a duffel bag. I looked at her, "that all?"

  She nodded. "Ok. Let's go."

  "You're not going anywhere, you little bitch!" Johnny lunged at Carly. She raised her hands to protect herself but I stepped in front of him and kicked his gut.

  And oomph sound came out as he was stopped by me. He smirked, "you're gonna regret that," he stood up.

  "I don't think I am," I smiled. I handed Carly my keys, "go on and start the car. I'll be out in a second."

  She took the keys and walked out the door. Johnny came at me and I side stepped his punch. "You're a little slow. I think you need to speed up," I said as I swept his feet out from underneath him and kicked him in the back so he'd face plant the floor.

  He groaned as he hit the floor. I walked out, leaving him there on the ground. I got in my car and looked back at Carly and Sam, "you good?" I asked her.

  Carly nodded and gave a smile, "ya. I'm good."

  I smiled and faced forward. I put the car in drive and took off on the way home.

~~~

  I pulled into my parking space and turned off the engine. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Carly sleeping soundly next to Sam who had his arm around her shoulders.

  "You carry her up to the apartment. I'll grab her bags," I whispered to him. He nodded and unbuckled Carly and himself before opening the door and pulling her out, carrying her bridal style towards the building.

  "Sam!" I called. He turned around and I tossed him my keys to the apartment. He caught them without waking Carly-which I had to say was skills-and continued to the apartment. I pulled out her bags and locked up my car. I headed to my apartment when a car pulled up next to mine. It was April's car.

  I waited for her and Dean to get out. Dean came up and pecked my forehead, "we're gonna talk about this later," he whispered.

  I nodded, "what are you guys doing here? Don't you both another class?"

  "Nope," April answered.

  I checked the time and realized that they were right. A mean, Carly's house was quite a bit away but I didn't think that much.

  I shrugged and walked with them to the apartment. I opened the door and told them to be quiet since Carly was sleeping. I'm gonna guess she hasn't had a good nights sleep for awhile.

  April plopped down on our couch and turned on the TV. I went into the kitchen to grab some chips and Dean followed.

  He hugged me close, "I'm so proud of you. I wish you would've asked me before you just decided to let her live here but I'll get over it."

  I smiled and hugged him tighter, "I couldn't let her go through that any longer. A month or two is plenty so scar someone."

  "I know, baby. You went through it way to long. And I'm proud of you to take charge and face that guy even though you barely know Carly and you'd never met the guy. He could've easily beat the shit out of you."

  "But he didn't. He was actually really slow. Like I could step to the side while he threw a punch. All I did was keep him from hurting Carly any further."

  Dean pulled back and kissed my forehead, "good for you. Now let's eat, I'm starving."

  I giggled, "me too."

  We grabbed chips for ourselves and I grabbed some for April and we walked out of the kitchen.

  "Think fast," I threw April's bag of chips at her and it hit her in the head.

  "Thanks Z, I really appreciate the thought of you hitting me in the head," she said sarcastically.

  "Any time A," I smiled and sat down between her and Dean.