14

I was in my room with Devin, April, and Carly while we all got ready. I slipped on my dress and had April help me zip up the back. Well that is, until it got stuck half way.

  I called in Dean since I was the only left to finish getting my dress on. He fixed the zipper before sipping it up all the way, his knuckles slightly grazing my back, sending shivers down my spine. I turned and pecked his lips, whispering a thank you as I grabbed my boots.

  He left the room so the girls could finish up getting ready. Once I finished tying my boot laces, I grabbed the curling iron and fixed a couple curls. My hair was naturally curly but sometimes the curls wouldn't do what I wanted them to.

Once I finished I applied some mascara and eyeliner to help bring out my eyes. I was never one for makeup but on certain occasions I put on something simple. Once I was done getting ready, I helped the girls finish up their hair and makeup and soon we were all ready.

We left the room and headed to the living room. I almost started crying at the sight before me. Dean had gotten my grandparents, my cousins, my aunts and uncles, and all my close friends from high school.

I hugged my mom first and then continued on, hugging everyone else, introducing everyone, and talking to the people I haven't seen in forever.

Once the party started and I'd finished talking to everyone here, I went to find Dean. I found him in the kitchen with Seth, Sam, and a few of his friends from high school.

Sam had his arms wrapped securely around Carly who was trying to get out so she could enjoy the party.

I smacked Sam upside the head, "let her go, would ya. The girl actually wants to do something."

Sam let go with a grumbled curse and Carly thanked me before heading to find April. I went to Dean's and quickly hugged him.

"Thank you," I whispered, still trying to hold back the tears but failing.

"Like I'd let you spend your birthday alone," he paused just as I sniffled a little, "Angel are you crying?" He lifted my face to see and chuckled slightly as he wiped away the stray tears.

"Ya, little bit," I joked.

Dean chuckled and kissed me gently. I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer. He smiled into the kiss and tightened his hold on me. When we pulled apart his friends-Galen, Noah, Mason, and Victor-pulled me away from Dean and into a group hug.

"Guys!" I gasped for breath, "can't breathe!" They chuckled as they let go slightly so I could breathe but hadn't quite let me go.

"Ok, guys, seriously. I love you guys and all but get off me," I pushed them away.

"Aw! Did you hear? She loves us," Galen teased.

I shoved him into the counter, "shut up."

We laughed as we headed back to the living. My mother was on the table trying get everyone's attention.

  "Hey! Everyone shut up and listen to my mother!" Seth shouted. Everyone silenced as Mom sent Seth a look.

  "Always the momma's boy," Noah teased Seth. Seth sent a playful glare his way but didn't verbally respond.

  "First off I'd like to say happy birthday to my kids-Seth and Zerena. I'm really proud of you two and how far you've come in life. You both have gone through so much and ur amazes me that you still come out smiling every day. I love you both very much," my mother grinned at Seth and I as he stood by my side.

  "Love you too Mom!" Seth and I shouted.

  She nodded, "I'd also like to thank you all for coming, but most of all. I want to thank Dean for putting this all together. He's the one who called me two weeks ago go start planning this. My kids best friend along with my daughters boyfriend, would you please welcome Dean," she finished off and stepped down, giving the floor-well the table-to Dean.

  Dean grinned brightly at Seth and I before taking his eyes across the room. "I've known these two since we were five, and lemme tell ya, they were the loudest, most obnoxious, and annoying people I'd ever met," he paused while everyone laughed, "but something about these two was different. They stuck together, you don't see families, much less siblings, doing that a whole lot anymore and no matter what was thrown at these two, they stuck together. I remember when Zerena decided to climb the tree that Seth and I were sitting under. She got close to the top when she lost her footing and came crashing down. I remember being frozen in fear for my best friend but Seth didn't hesitate to stand and try to catch her. We were only eight so it didn't work out all that well and they ended up falling to the ground but neither had more than a couple scratches and a bruise or two. I also remember all throughout middle and high school when they started making separate friends or guys would hit on Zerena or girls would hit on Seth and the two had a secret word-that I still haven't figured out to this day-that they'd say when in trouble with that sort of thing."

  "The word is 'food'," Seth and I shouted.

  Everyone laughed again. Dean rolled his eyes, "of course it is. Anyway, I almost remember in the seventh grade when Zerena first got hit on by another guy. I remember how angry made me. I knew from that day on that I was falling for her. Course I didn't want to ruin our friendship so I talked to Seth about it but kept it secret from everyone else. Until last year, when she finally accepted my incineration to the winter ball. Seth hated it with a burning passion but I think it's starting to grow on him."

  Seth shook his head vigorously, "nope! Never!"

  We laughed and waited for Dean to continue, "I guess what I'm saying is, I love you both so much. And I'm so glad to be your best friend and your boyfriend," he gestured to Seth and I, "and I'm proud to be able to call you family."