29

Amy ate with us then went back home to spend time with her family. Dean hasn't even gone home yet. I don't know what's going on between him and his mom. I don't know if he'll ever forgive his dad either.

  Mom wanted a game/movie night so that's exactly what we're doing. We were currently playing, believe it or not, cards against humanity. We were on the last round and Seth was winning. I was in second place. If I won this it'd be a tie.

  Dean said, "blank plus blank equals blank."

  Damn. My cards weren't all that great. I pulled out my Kamikaze card, my The Rapture card, and The Jewish card. I placed them in order so it'd say, Kamikaze plus The Jewish equals The Rapture.

~~~

Authors Note
  I believe this game is one of the most racist, rude, and inappropriate games ever. But that's the point of the game. And it's a fun game to play. I have nothing against Jewish or Japanese or anybody else. So please don't take offense or anything towards my choice of game and cards in the story. Thank you.

~~~

  Dean looked over my cards and Seth's and put them down, "and the winner is... drumroll please," like I was actually gonna drumroll. Course I was, I still have an inner child, "the winner is... Zerena."

  "Woo!!" I yelled in Seth's face.

  "It's a tie Zerena. You didn't win the game," Seth said, rolling his eyes.

  "Yes! But you didn't either! And that makes me happy!"

  I went and grabbed the next game, Monopoly.

~~~

  Dean, Seth, and I walked up to Devin's door. Seth knocked. We heard someone talking on the other end and Seth tried to turn back.

  "Nope," I stopped him, "if you really love her, you'll fight for her."

  "What if she doesn't love me back?" Seth asked, tears pricking his eyes.

  "Then she's not the one for you. It's ok Seth. Love is a big thing. Sometimes it just takes awhile to find the one who you can really love for the rest of your life," Dean said.

  "But you and Zerena found each other in high school," Seth said.

  "Yes but it still took her a couple years to figure out that I was in love with her," Dean teased.

  He took my hand and gave it a squeeze. The door opened and Devin stood on the other side. Her mouth fell open when she saw us three, especially Seth. Her eyes widened a little and she tried to close the door. I stopped it with my foot.

  "Devin please. Talk to him," I whispered, "he's breaking inside. Not knowing if you're gonna walk away from him forever or if you love him back. Please just talk to him," I begged.

  I could feel it in my gut that Seth was hurting. As twins we were closer than most but you could honestly look at Seth's face and know that he's hurting.

  "I can't. I don't want to hurt him," she glanced at him.

  "Talk to me Devin," I said. She nodded and slowly welcomed us in.

  She took me aside to the kitchen while the guys hung out in the living room.

  She sat down at the island and rubbed her eyes, "I don't know what to do."

  "What'd you mean?"

  "I do love Seth," she whispered, I grinned, "but I can't be with him."

  My grin fell, "what? Why?"

  "That night, that Seth told me he loved me, I was gonna break up with him. Before our date, I had gotten a phone call from my dad. He's one for old fashion and since he's a rich bastard, he wants to choose the one I marry. He called and told me that he's found someone. We're to get married in three days," she cried.

  "What does your mom say?"

  "My parents are divorced but they get along. She's not as into it as my dad but she's ok with his decisions."

  I hugged her, "you have to tell Seth. And then you need to tell your dad that you aren't going to marry whoever this guy is."

  "I don't know if I can do that. I've only ever wanted to make him proud of me. I've worked my ass off to make him proud of me."

  "But is your father being proud of you worth losing the one you love?"

  She thought for a second then slowly shook her head, "no, it's not," she whispered.

  "Good," I gave a small smile, "let's go talk to Seth. Ok?"

  She nodded, "ya," she paused, "thank you Zerena."

  "Seth is my twin brother. I'd do anything for him as he would for me. And I honestly never thought that he'd find love this early in life. He always breathing over my shoulder, making sure I was safe, making sure that no guy came near me unless he trusted the guy, he protected me from our father, and so much more. The least I could do is help him with you."

  She smiled and we headed for the living room. We stopped in front of the guys and they stood up. Dean wrapped his arm around my waist and Seth shared a look with Devin. Tears ran down her face.

  Seth quickly wiped them away, "sugar, why are crying?" He whispered.

  She sobbed, "I'm so sorry."

  I pulled Dean away to give them a moment. I led Dean outside and we sat on the hood of Seth's mustang and waited.

Seth's POV

  I couldn't believe this. Her father wanted her to marry someone else. He hasn't even met me. He can't make a decision like that. So many emotions swelled within me-including anger, hurt, frustration, and a little bit of joy. Devin loved me too.

  At the moment she was curled up on my lap, crying. I held her close and ran my fingers through her hair. After a couple minutes she went silent.

I looked down to find her sound asleep. I carefully picked her up and carried her bridal style to her room. I'd stayed here when we'd visit her family so I knew the layout of the house.

I laid her down on her bed and sent a quick text to Zerena that I was gonna stay for awhile and she and Dean should just go home.

She told me she'd leave my keys in the mailbox and they'd call uber or something. I set my phone down on the nightstand and took off my shoes. I gently pulled off Devin's shoes and laid the covers over her.

I laid down beside her and pulled her close. I wasn't sure what we were gonna do if her dad didn't call off the wedding. I didn't want her to feel like she had to choose between me and her parents but I also didn't want to lose her. My thoughts drifted away as sleep overtook me.