24

"Angel who is it?" Dean asked as he came to join me at the door.

  Once he saw who was standing in front of me, his expression changed to full blown anger. "What the hell are you doing here? I told you to not come back here!"

  "And I told you that I wanted a relationship with my kid. What's your point?" My dad, Charles, backfired.

  I scoffed, "what if I don't want a relationship with you?"

  "You don't a get a choice in the matter," my dad snapped.

"Don't get a choice?! Hell ya I think I get a choice if I'm gonna be in the relationship! You abused me for years and now you want a relationship?! Because you've supposedly realized your mistakes! Ya nice try! Guess what! I don't want a relationship with you! If you wanted that, then you should've thought about your mistakes years ago!" And with that, I slammed the door in his face.

I stood there for a minute, shocked at my own actions. Dean took me into a hug and whispered in my ear, "I'm so proud of you angel," he kissed the top of my head.

When I didn't say or do anything he looked at my face and found the tears, streaking it. "Oh baby," he embraced me again and this time, I responded.

Dean picked me up, bridal style, and carried me to the living room where he placed me on his lap. Everyone was quiet as I silently cried.

  Memories of my father beating me and throwing the glass bottle at me flashed in my mind. I reached back a touched my scar.

  Dean noticed and snatched my hand, bringing it away from my scar, "don't," he gave me a stern look, "don't do that to yourself."

  "But the memories won't stop. They just keep flashing. One after the other. It's become a slideshow," I whispered so only he could hear. Though, with how silent everyone's being, I wouldn't be surprised if they did hear me.

  "Hey, look at me. Now look at your friends. Now think about Seth, and your mom, and every other family member, friend, loved one that you can think of and stop thinking of your dad. It's gonna be ok. Ok?"

  I nodded and he smiled, "good."

  "You ok?" Carly asks.

"You know we're all here for you right Zerena?" Sam asked.

"Ya totally. You're my best friend, I'm here for you," April added.

I nodded, "thanks guys. I really appreciate it."

"Oh come on now. Don't get all mushy on us," Sam teased and April came over and hugged me.

I chuckled lightly and hugged her back. "Now that that's over, let's eat some pizza and watch the dumbest movies we can find," April said, trying to lighten the mood.

We were settling down when my phone rang. Do people ever just leave me alone, I swear. In the past hour I've had three knocks at my door and now I'm getting phone calls. The world needs to go away, I don't wanna deal with it right now.

I looked at the caller ID to see that it was my mom calling. I picked it and answered, "hey mom. What's up?"

"Seth just called me about your dad. Fill me in," she got straight to the point.

I told her all about the first encounter with my dad and what Dean told me. Then I told her about the visitation I just got from him.

  She gasped, "he spoke to you like that?"

  I nodded then remembered she can't see me, "yep."

  "I can't believe he thinks that you're gonna listen to him and want to be around him if he speaks to you like that. You have a choice honey. Don't let anybody tell you different."

  I chuckled lightly, "thanks mom. Really appreciate it."

  "I love you baby," I could hear the smile in her voice.

  "Love you too mommy," I said, having a child moment.

  "What are you and your friends doing for thanksgiving break?"

  "I dunno. But that's still two months away so I don't think anyone's actually thinking about that yet."

  "Alright, lemme know when you figure it out. I think Seth's coming and might bring Devin. I think she said that she has family in the area anyway."

  "Ok. I'll talk to them and fill you in. Give me about a month and a half," I joked.

  She laughed, "ok Zerena. I gotta get back to work so I'll talk to you later ok?"

  "Ok mom. Talk to you later."

  "Love you."

  "Love you too," I hung up and set my phone down.

  "What are we not thinking about yet?" Sam asked.

  "Thanksgiving break. My mom wanted to know what we're all doing. I told her that nobody's thinking about it yet," I answered.

  He nodded, "oh ok."

  A knock sounded at the door, "that better be the pizza guy or I might just throw a fist," I grumbled.

  Dean chuckled and patted my side as I stood up. I opened the door to see the pizza guy holding my four pizzas.

  "Pizza for Serena," he said.

  "It's Zerena," I said, "with a Z."

  "Oh I'm sorry."

  "It's cool. Here's your cash," I handed him a twenty and took the pizzas. He thanked me and left.

  I took the food to the living room and set the plates down on the table. I gave everyone a paper plate and warned them that if they spilled anything on my carpet they'd be the one to clean my apartment this weekend. Everyone dug in and we started a movie.

~~~

I closed the door behind everyone and slumped against it. It was close to 11:30 and I was tired as hell. We'd watched movies and ate pizza and talked for hours.

I walked to the bedroom and dragged myself to the closet. I changed into a pair of sweats and crawled into bed. Dean came over and laid his arm over me.

He kissed the of my head, "I love you Zerena."

  "Love you too Dean," I turned so I was on my back and he was hovering over me.

  Dean leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. He placed feather soft kisses down my jaw and back up to my lips. Crashing his lips to mine, he kissed me with a fiery passion. I wrapped my arms around his neck and the kiss deepened.

  He slipped his hands under my shirt and up my torso. He pulled away long enough to pull off my shirt but soon had his lips back on mine.