44

It was Friday and I was having a mini freak out. Dean had his game today after school and then we had to race to my race. It was a huge race for me just like this game was huge for him.

  Scouts from NFL teams were coming to the game to watch Dean and a couple other people on the team. Scouts were also coming to my race to get me on a professional team. That and I was racing one of the best racers in the state. He'd been racing way longer than me and had more experience. I just had a better car.

  Speaking of cars, I was working on mine right now. I couldn't sleep so I'm down in the parking lot in my gym shorts, tee, and hoodie, working on my car. I ordered some pieces a while back and decided that two in the morning was the best time to install them.

  I was just changing the oil when I heard footsteps coming my way. I looked behind my shoulder and to see Dean coming towards me with two steaming cups in his hands. I wiped my hands off on the towel I had thrown over my shoulder and held a hand out for the mug.

  "Two am coco. Best kind," I muttered and sipped the hot drink.

  "Figured it's what you needed. This or coffee but you are not getting caffeine at two in the morning. Now what are you doing down here?"

  "Couldn't sleep," I said and started cleaning up my mess.

  "So wake me up and we'll talk or play a game until you fall asleep. Don't come down to your car. I know you love it but working on it this early in the morning is bad for you. You're never gonna get to sleep this way."

  I nodded, "I know. I just didn't want to wake you and I didn't want to be too loud. So I came out her for some air and went oh ya, my car."

  "Well not anymore. Come on," Dean grabbed my toolbox in the same hand as his coco while the the other took my hand.

He led me back upstairs to our apartment and too the bedroom after setting down my toolbox and rinsing out the coco cups. I snuggled up in bed with his arm around my waist and holding me close. I still couldn't sleep.

I started feeling claustrophobic and really hot. I moved away from Dean and kicked off the blankets. I grabbed the thin blanket off the edge of the bed and draped that over me.

"You feeling ok angel?" Dean asked.

"No," I wiped a bead of sweat off my forehead, "I feel hot and sweaty and claustrophobic."

He felt my forehead and scrunched his eyebrows. He went to the bathroom and came back out with thermometer in his hand. We checked my temperature and it was fine. I wiped more sweat from my forehead and tied my hair up into a messy bun.

"Dean I don't feel so good," I clutched my stomach and ran to the bathroom to empty my stomach.

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and stood in the doorway. I leaned against the frame for support as my vision started to blur. I heard Dean calling my name as I fell forward and hit the floor.

~~~

Seth's POV

"She what?!" I yelled into my phone.

Dean had called a couple minutes ago and was explaining to me what happened to my sister.

"I swear to god Dean! If anything happens to her, I'm gonna kill you!"

He assured me that she would be fine but she'll have to stay in the ER for a couple hours. She was gonna be pissed when she woke up.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, "just keep me posted."

I hung up and tossed my phone onto the bed. I ran my hands down my face and started pacing again. Devin reached out and took my hands in hers, pulling me to the bed.

  "You need to calm down," she half whispered.

  "I can't. My sisters in the ER and I have no idea why and I can't even go see her because she's four states away! I'm freaking out!"

  "I know that but you really do need to calm down. Zerena will be ok. She'll be pissed that she's gonna have to miss Dean's game and her race but she'll be ok."

  "I know, I know. I just... I hate not being able to be there for her. I've always been there and I can't be right now," I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed.

  "Seth you can't always be there for her. Life goes on and you two will do whatever and go wherever you need or want to. Sometimes you'll be close by and other times you'll miles apart. You're just gonna have to learn to deal with it," Devin chuckled and pulled my head to down to kiss my forehead.

  I leaned my forehead on hers and closed my eyes, sighing. "Thank you Sugar."

  She shrugged, "anytime. Now come lay with me, I wanna cuddle."

  I laughed as I laid beside her and pulled her close. Nuzzling my nose into the crook of her crook.

~~~

Zerena's POV

My eyes fluttered open and I looked at my surroundings. I was in the ER. The place smelled like chemicals and I scrunched my nose in disgust. I've always hated ER's and hospitals and anything else that tells me to inject chemical shit into my system.

  I found Dean in a chair next to my bed with a book in his hands. He noticed me and put down his book.

  "Hey," he whispered.

  "Hey," my voice came out hoarse.

  "How you feeling?"

  "I'm feeling fine. What the hell happened?"

  "You don't know?" He looked genuinely confused.

  I shook my head, "not really. I just remember throwing up and then fainting. I don't know why though."

  "You got good poisoning."