23

"He said he wanted a relationship with both of us," I told Seth over the phone, "starting with me."

Silence answered me as I waited for a reaction from Seth. Suddenly a roaring laugh sounded through the phone. The laugh was humorless and I slightly cowered into the winged back chair I was sitting in. The last time I heard Seth laugh like that was when Logon broke up with me.

  Seth stopped laughing, "he needs to think twice if he thinks he's getting anywhere near you. Where's Dean?"

  "He went out to get groceries," I answered.

  "Well when he gets back have him call me. We need to talk about this, the three of us," he said.

  "Ok. Talk to you later then. Love you S," I said.

  "Love you too Z," and the call ended.

I dropped my phone in my lap and laid back for a minute, thinking about the whole situation. After a couple minutes, I got up to get food from the kitchen when a knock sounded at the door. I looked through the peephole and saw Dean trying hold three bags and April standing beside him with a bag of her own.

I opened the door and before I could say anything April shouted, "what took you so long?! All you had to do was open the damn door!"

"I had to make sure it was safe," I said, following them into the kitchen.

"Safe?! Who could possibly be at the door and not be safe?!"

"My father," I shrugged and started putting food away, "oh by the way, Dean, Seth wants us to call him back later so he can talk about this with us."

Dean nodded, "ok, we'll call him tonight."

I nodded and turned to April, noticing that she hadn't moved. "April? You ok?"

She shook her head a bit, "did you say your father?"

I nodded, "ya. He's in town and wants a relationship with my brother and I, starting with me," I scoffed, "what a load of bull."

"When did you find this out? When were you gonna tell me?"

I stopped putting away food and turned to April, "look April, I love you and you're one of my best friends but telling you was not exactly one of my top priorities. It still isn't. I just want to deal with my dad right now."

She nodded, "ya, you're right. I'm sorry. I didn't think about how you're feeling. How're you feeling anyway? Are you ok? Have you talked to Seth? Well of course you talked to Seth, you just talked about talking to Seth with Dean a minute ago," she rambled.

"April!" She stopped, "I'm fine. Really. I just need to deal with this and then I'll be back to focusing on Carly and you and Sam and the problem with Helena and Shayn. Ok?"

She nodded. "Good," I smiled, "now who wants cheeto puffs? Cuz I'm cravin 'em."

~~,

April, Dean, and I sat around the living room with the tv playing in the background. We were talking, about anything really. Just talking, it was nice actually. I got to know April as a person a bit more. Stuff like her favorite color and movie. Who her crush is and why. Things a best friend needs to know.

A laugh brought me out of my thoughts and I looked at Dean to see tears streaking his face from laughing so hard.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"April just told a story from her childhood. Tell her April," Dean said, still trying to compose himself.

April turned to me, "when I was fifteen my older brother I were hanging out in the front yard. That was our normal thing. Jake and I would climb the trees and hang out in our tree house. Well one day, Jake's friend, Colby, came over we were all up in the tree house playing cards. Jake went to go get some food for us all and Colby started to hit on me.
Just as Jake got to the top of the ladder, Colby dropped a pickup line that pissed off Jake. Colby said that he wanted to park his car in my garage and Jake got so angry that he hopped into the tree house and pushed Colby out. Colby hit the ground and Jake yelled after him, you can park your car up your ass because that's all you'll have, and he got down and chased Colby away from our house."

I was laughing so hard, I had tears streaking my face. April's expressions just made the story that much better. "Damn! That's amazing!" I laughed.

I composed myself just as someone knocked on the door. I got up to get it and found Sam and Carly on the other side of the door. I let them in and we all gathered in the living room. I ordered pizza, knowing that everyone was gonna get hungry and sat down on Dean's lap.

"So what's up?" Sam asked.

"Ya, we've barely talked since Friday," Carly added.

"Guys, we hung out for lunch today," I pointed out.

"Sure but barely anyone talked," Carly said.

"Sorry guys. I've just had a lot on my mind," I said and filled them in with the situation about my dad.

"We're here for you Zerena. No matter what," Sam said.

I smiled and thanked him. Another knocked sounded at the door and I got up to pay for the pizza. Just as I sat down to eat, someone knocked on the door.

"I swear to god! The next person to knock on my door...!" I trailed off when I saw who was on the other side of the door.

"What are you doing here?" I finally asked.