36

I slammed on the brakes and turned the steering wheel as hard as I could to the left, drifting to the right. I put the car back in drive and speeded down the street. I was street racing at three in the morning. I'd been racing all night and when the tracks got boring, I hit the streets.

  I turned left and sped up a little more. I drove over the finish line and drove over a little so I was out of the way for the next race. I collected my cash and counted to make sure it was the full two grand. I was handed my bet money too, which added up to almost a full grand.

  I got back in my car and drove to the back of the crowd, calling it a night for the racing. For now. I'd done this like three times tonight. Said I was done, then I'd get back up and race again.

  I got out of the car and sat on the hood with a can of soda in my hand. I had dropped a couple cans into my backseat before the race.

  Someone came and sat beside me and judging by the way my skin heated up a little and the hairs at the back of my neck standing up, I guessed it was Dean.

  I opened my eyes and looked at him, "what're you doing here?" I said coldly.

  "Looking for you," he replied calm but not cold.

  "Well you found me," I shrugged, "now go away. I don't want to see you right now."

  "Zerena you've been out here racing since five thirty yesterday afternoon. I doubt you've even eaten anything," he said.

  "I'm not hungry," I told him.

  He deadpanned, "you're always hungry."

  I shook my head, "not right now I'm not."

Silence took over us. The crowd was screaming in excitement at the current race and the music was blasting so loud I could feel it vibrating my car.

"You forgave me," he whispered after a while.

"Dean I'm not mad at you. I'm pissed off at your dad. How could he do that to you? To me?! To us?! Doesn't he know how we feel about each other?!" I threw my hands up in the air and got off the hood of my car. I stood in front of Dean, "he knows exactly how we feel," I said coldly, "he knows that we're in love with each other, he knows we'd do anything for each other. Dean, I think I hate your father. He's watched me grow up to be who I am, he watched me grow up with you. Why the hell does he think he gets to decide how you feel about me or any other girl?! Why the hell does he think that the second you see another pretty girl you'll leave me?! Wasn't he mad at you because he thought I'd leave you?! Ya! That worked out great!"

He hung his head, "Zerena I'm so sorry," his voice trembled.

I lifted his chin, "you don't have anything to apologize for. Except kissing another girl," I teased and he lightly pushed away. I stumbled back, laughing, "seriously though. Later today, you and I are going to have a long talk with your dad," I turned to leave but turned back to face him, "oh and... invite Julie Sanders. Her and I need to have a little chat," I smirked and walked away.

~~~

Dean chuckled. "What are you laughing at?" I mumbled angrily.

"You," he whispered and kissed the top of my head.

At the moment we were laying in bed and I was mumbling as I thought of ways to murder this Julie bitch. She pissed me off. Trying to steal my man from me, I don't think so.

"Well quit laughing. I plan on doing some serious damage to this bitch. She might wanna watch her back cuz no one messes with Zerena Carter and gets away with it. No one!" I turned onto my back looked at Dean. He had a smirk on his face and was trying hard to not laugh.

"You care so much. I'm touched," he sniffled and wiped fake tears from his cheeks.

"Course I care," I grumbled, "I love you."

We shared a look and I turned my head to face the ceiling, "and if your dad knew that," I started, "we wouldn't be in this mess!"

"Shh angel. People are sleeping. It's four in the morning," Dean laughed.

"Whatever," I huffed.

Dean propped himself on his elbow and turned my head slightly so he could kiss me. It was gentle and slow and I could feel how happy he felt that I cared so much.

He pulled away and placed his forehead on mine, "I love you angel."

"I love you too Dean."

He pecked my lips again before laying back down, "now get some sleep. You won't be able to carry out that murder plan of yours if you're tired."

I laughed, "that is true."

~~~

It's two in the afternoon and Dean and I were waiting outside a big fancy restaurant for his father and Julia. I was glad that I wore something close to nice today since we were eating somewhere so expensive looking.

I had on a black skirt that reached just above my knees and white tank top tucked in with a black cardigan over it. I wore my black converse and had my hair pulled up into a ponytail.

Dean wore a dark navy blue button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and dark jeans with his boots. He kept running his hand through his hair and it was driving me crazy. I swear if his father doesn't show up soon, him and I are gonna go home and take a nap. If you get me.

Just then Dean abruptly stood up and I followed suit. His dad came walking up with girl about my age walking beside him.

Julia had a smirk on her face as she looked me up and down. Our eyes connected and I smirked back.

Let the games begin.