35

It was around noon and Dean and I were standing in my room, arguing. It's not quite a fight but it's certainly a disagreement.

  "I won't do it Zerena!" Dean yelled.

  "And why not?! He misses you Dean! He wants to fix what happened! He even apologized to me for what he'd said!"

  "You don't understand!"

  "Then make me! I can't understand if you won't even try to explain it to me!"

  "I can't! Don't you see?! I can't!" Dean walked out, slamming my bedroom door.

  "Ugh!!" I fell back on my bed and pulled a pillow over my face. I screamed into the pillow.

  After a couple minutes of lying there I stood up. I pulled on my boots and grabbed keys as I headed downstairs. Sam and Carly thought they'd bring me my car when they came and I was thankful.

  I sat in the driver's seat and turned on the engine. I drove to the tracks, hoping to get to race once or twice. Or more.

  I put the car in park and killed the engine. The place was packed. There must be a big race going on.

Once people saw my car they started to stare. I got out and my friends ran up to me.

"Zerena!" Celia called. Celia was basically my right hand man when it came to racing. And I loved her for it.

  "Hi," I gave a tight smile and hugged her.

  "What's wrong?" Danielle asked as she joined us.

  "Nothing," I lied through my teeth.

  "Please Zerena. You know we know you better than that. What's wrong?" Kyle asked.

  I sighed, "Dean and I got in a fight."

  "Ooh! Trouble in paradise? That's never happened," Tyler joked.

  I smirked, "you're just jealous."

  He scoffed, "ya whatever."

  I rolled my eyes, "when's the next race? I need to blow off some steam."

~~~

  It's been three two days since Dena and I got into a fight. It's Friday and him and I are leaving Sunday morning. He still hasn't talked to me, he's avoided me like I was the plague, and he even slept on the couch in Seth's room. I was about ready to scream and throw something at the wall.

  All I wanted him to do was see his father. I know the last time they saw each other, his dad told him that I was gonna leave him the second we reached college, but that hadn't happened. That wasn't it though. Something else was bothering Dean. I just didn't know what.

~~~

I was out at the mall with Amy, Carly, Alyssa, Katie, and April. We decided to have a girls afternoon. We were currently at the food court, stuffing our faces.

My phone buzzed from a text message and then a couple more times. I pulled my non-stop buzzing phone out of my pocket and opened it. Seth was telling me to get back home, something happened and it was urgent.

"Guys, I gotta go. Something happened at home," I said quickly before racing out of the mall.

I drove home, just pushing the speed limit, and skidded the car to halt in front of my house. I ran inside, shouting for Seth.

"In here!" He yelled back from the study.

I sprinted inside and found Dean standing there, looking just as breathless as I was. I turned back to the door to see Seth closing it, everyone standing behind him.

"What the hell?! What's going on?!" I yelled.

"You two need to work things out!" Seth yelled from outside, "this bullshit fight can't go on any longer!"

I groaned, "it's not my fault Dean doesn't want to visit his dad! That's all I asked him to do! Was see his dad! And he screamed in my face and stormed out!" I turned to face Dean, throwing my wrath on him, "you fucking walked out! All I asked was for you to see your father! Let him explain! But no! You had to blow up in my face and run away! How can one week you talk to me about our future and how you plan on marrying me one day and the next your blowing up in my facing and walking, no, storming out?!! Hub Dean?! Answer my ducking question!"

He hung his head in shame, "I'm sorry..." he began.

I shook my head, "sorry isn't good enough. I need to know why you won't go see him."

I crossed my arms and tapped my toes, waiting for him to respond.

Dean sighed and slumped into the leather chair that was beside him, "I know you want one. I just don't know if I can tell you. I don't want to hurt you," he whispered.

"Dean you're hurting me by keeping me in the dark," I snapped.

"You're right," he whispered, "I know that. But what happened..." he trailed off.

I squatted down in front of him so we were eye level, "tell me what happened Dean. Please," I whispered.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, scratching the back of his neck, "fine. You wanna know? I'll tell you. My father first called me before talking to you. I listened to his side of the story and thought it over a little bit before agreeing to meet with him. When you told me he'd called you, the next chance I got, I called him again. I asked why he called you and he said it was because he knew you could get me to actually show up to our meeting. I left it at that and met my dad for about an hour at a cafe. He had a woman with him, one about my age," Dean stopped and took a breath, "he wanted me to hook up with her. He never said it out loud but it was the whole meet up, get to know each other thing. When I realized it, I stood up, ready to leave. My dad called out for and asked why I was leaving. I said it was because I already had a girlfriend. One I loved and wouldn't trade for the world. He looked angrier then than he has in a long time. Like when I accidentally scratched his guitar angry."

My eyes widened. Dean's dad was hysterical that day. He saw the scratch on his guitar and blew a casket. It was like an inch long and on the side of the guitar, maybe a centimeter deep. It wasn't that bad, but his father acted like the devil had possessed him or something.

"The girl didn't quite take no as an answer and followed me outside. The cafe's only a couple blocks from here so I had walked there. I was at the street, ready to cross, when she yanked my arm turning me around. She kissed me and I pulled away as soon as possible. I swear."

I laughed a little, "why didn't you just tell me? I would've gone with you. This all could have been avoided."

He shrugged, "I dunno. It was the night that everyone showed up and you all were watching movies. You seemed so happy and relaxed, I didn't want to take that from you."

"Well you basically did. By the way, what's this girls name? Her and I need to have a little chat."

"The only reason I'm going to tell you is because I know you'll find out anyway. It's Julie Sanders."

"Well Julie Sanders better watch out. Cuz I'm coming for her."

"Zerena," Dean stopped me," there's more."