25

The alarm went off but I couldn't get up. My stomach was cramping and I felt like crap. Dean sat up and nudged my side slightly. I yelped at the pressure on my stomach and he pulled away.

"You ok baby?" He asked.

I shook my head, "period," I mumbled.

"Gotcha. I'll be back then," he said and went to the closet. He came out in jeans and a white tee. He left and I fell back asleep.

~~~

"Angel," Dean shook my shoulder lightly, "wake up."

I pried my eyes open and looked up at him. "I've called the school and I bought your pads and lots of chocolate."

I attempted a smile, "best boyfriend ever. Got me pads and chocolate."

"Ya ya, I know. I'm pretty great," Dean said sarcastically.

  I chuckled then clutched my stomach from the pain, "can you do me one more thing please?"

  "Anything," Dean responded.

  "Can you heat up the heating pad?" I asked.

  He nodded, "ya. I'll go put it in the oven."

  "Thank you. And hand me some chocolate," I reached out and snatched the bar of chocolate in his hand.

  "Here you go," he put some chocolate bars on the nightstand and stood up, "I'm gonna go put the heating pad in the oven and get breakfast. You coming to school today?"

  I shook my head, "nah. I'll just watch tv or something."

  "Ok," dean kissed the top of my head and left.

  I pulled myself out of bed and my vision blurred. I waited for it to pass and grabbed the blanket off the bed. Walking to the living room, I plopped down on the couch and turned on the tv.

  I could hear Dean in the kitchen and the tv on in the background but I wasn't paying attention to those. My thoughts were centered on the shadow that was being casted across the living room. I turned around to see what was there and found nothing. I got up and opened the doors to the balcony and was once again comet with nothing.

  I closed the doors and went back to the couch. The shadow had disappeared and Dean came walking in the living room.

  "I'm heading out now. Here's your heating pad, another chocolate bar, and a bowl of cereal. Please try to eat some really food and not just chocolate all day. I don't want you getting sick and on your ToM."

  I nodded, "ok, I'll eat the cereal and other real foods," I stopped for a second, "can you check the apartment. Make sure it's secured and no one can get in without a key? Please."

  "Why? We've never had a problem; neither has anyone in the area had a problem."

  "I know. I might just be paranoid cuz of my dad but I think we're being watched. I just saw a shadow on the floor and when I looked nothing was out or inside and the shadow disappeared. I just don't want to take any chances."

  "Ok angel. I'll check the apartment," Dean took twenty minutes to check and double check the apartment. When everything was locked and he came back and kissed my forehead, "see you when I get home. Love you angel. Call me if anything happens."

  "Will do, love you too, and please bring my homework."

  "Alright. See you later angel," he shut and locked the door. I was alone for the next seven hours or so.

~~~

  "Zerena, wake up. I brought food," Dean said and wafted the smell of food to my nose.

  I turned around so I wasn't facing the food, "I'm not hungry."

I heard him sigh and set down the food, "angel you need to eat. I can't have you not eating. I know that you haven't eaten anything and just slept on the couch all day. Please, for me, eat something," he sat down on the edge of the couch and rubbed my arm.

I turned and faced him, "I feel like I won't be able to keep it down though. My stomach is killing me," I mumbled.

"I know angel. But you gotta eat. Just a bite or two," he paused, "for me?"

I sat up and nodded, "fine."

He grinned and handed me the ramen. I took a small bite and slowly chewed it. Once I swallowed it my stomach felt queasy. I sat there for a second then jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I couldn't keep down the food; just as I thought.

Dean came up behind me and held my hair back. He rubbed my back while I emptied my stomach. Once I was done, I sat back and wiped my mouth.

  "Thanks," I grumbled.

  He nodded, "no problem."

  I stood up and brushed my teeth. I went back to the living room and picked up the blanket, wrapping it around me. I put the heating pad in the oven again and headed for the bedroom. I laid down on the bed and curled into a ball.

  Dean laid down behind me and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close. I laid there quietly, waiting for the oven to beep. Once it did, I had Dean go retrieve the pad and laid it on my stomach.

  The heat scorched my skin but it felt amazing and helped my cramps. I soon passed out with my stomach on fire and Dean holding me close.