32

"Her father ended up coming home last night. So we talked last night," Seth started, "he told Devin that she wanted him to marry her best friend Ryan and she said that she couldn't do it because she was already in love with me. Then I got interrogated by her father. He asked me what some of her favorite things were and then he asked who her hero was and why. That was the question that decided it all. Well not really but close enough. Anyway, when I answered correctly he gave Devin his permission to choose who she wants to marry and when."

My mom was grinning like the Cheshire Cat and Dean and I were both smiling. We were all happy for him. He gets to keep her, he doesn't have to let her go. He was ecstatic.

  We continued to talk about Seth and Devin and whatever else we felt like talking about. I found out my mom was seeing someone and she seemed really happy. It was around three in the afternoon when we decided to go get food.

  We went out for pizza and hung out at the mall. My mom invited her boyfriend and we ate while waiting.

  Soon a man in about his late forties, tall, dark, brunette, and built walked up. He didn't look half bad and he had a friendly smile.

  "Hey," he pecked my mom's lips, "how you doing?"

  She smiled, "good. These are my kids Seth and Zerena and their best friend slash Zerena's boyfriend Dean. He's basically a second son."

  He shook our hands, "hi, nice to meet you. I'm Michael, or Mike, which ever one."

  We all greeted him. He sat down beside my mom, "so tell me about yourselves."

  "Tell is what you know and we'll fill you in," I suggested.

  "Alright, I know that you all attend college. I know that you two are twins and that you three have been inseparable since you met when you were five, I believe. I know about your past with your father, and I'm terribly sorry about that by the way, and I think that about sums it up."

  "Alright then. That a little amount, but you got the gist of it," Seth started. He continued to tell about himself and Dean and I followed suit.

  Once we were done, Michael told us about himself too. He used to be a chef but decided he wanted something different and now he's an archeologist.

  After an hour or two, Devin walked in and joined us, "I'm sorry in late, Ryan just wouldn't let me go. He kept talking," she rushed out as she reached our table and took a seat by Seth.

  "It's alright Sugar. This is Michael, my mother's boyfriend," Seth filled her in.

"And this is?" Michael asked.

"Hi. I'm Devin, I'm dating Seth," she stuck out her hand for him to shake.

He accepted it, "nice to meet you."

We continued to talk and Dean and I were in a group chat with our friends from school. At the moment we were talking about who was the smartest in our group.

Guys come on. It's obviously me -Me

Keep dreaming Z, I'm the smartest one here -Kevin

Nah, you're just jealous -Me

"Zerena?" My mom called.

I looked up at her, "sorry, what?"

"I asked if you were ready to go," she said a little slowly.

I nodded my head, "ya, totally. Let's go."

~~~

It was Tuesday afternoon and we'd been here since Saturday. These past couple days went by in a flash. I was upset, the week was moving too fast and next thing I know, we're gonna be back at school.

Dean, Seth, and I were watching TV and my mom was in the kitchen, baking. She got bored and decided to bake anything she felt like baking. I only let her cuz I love her baking and I'm hungry.

The doorbell rang and when nobody moved to answer it, I got up, "don't worry, I got it. S'cool," I said sarcastically.

"Thanks Z, love you," Seth shot back.

I rolled my eyes and went to open the door. I scrunched my eyebrows at the sight.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"We got bored at home," Brandon shrugged.

Everyone was here. Everyone.

"Holy shit Z, you didn't tell us you lived in a mansion," Kevin said.

"Who is it angel?" Dean asked from the living room.

Kevin shouted and tried to hear his echo. "Kevin?" Dean questioned and came out to the foyer. "What are you guys doing here?" He grinned and hugged them.

"We got bored and said what the hell," Daniel said.

My mom came out and wiped her hands on her apron, "who is it?"

"Zerena you didn't tell me you had a sister," Daniel said. His girlfriend slapped his shoulder and he chuckled.

  "I don't. That's my mother. And if any of you disrespect her I swear, I will castrate you," I threatened, "got it?"

  When they all nodded in fear, I grinned, "good. Now mom meet Kevin, Daniel, Brandon, Joe, Alyssa, And Katie. And you've already met April, Sam, and Carly. Guys this is my mother, Ms. Carter."

  "Please, just call me Sarah. The Miss makes me feel old," she chuckled and shook their hands.

  Seth came in and stopped, "woah, there people here."

  "Seth these are my friends from school," I introduced them again, "and he can handle himself and he has a somewhat short temper. Don't test him."

  "I'd love to hang out with you guys but my girlfriend needs me so bye," Seth said and walked out the door.

  "Anyway, make yourselves at home. Do you guys have a place to stay?" My mom asked.

  "No. We haven't figured that out quite yet," Joe said.

  "Why don't you guys stay here? We have plenty of room and food. Why not? You cool with that mom?" I asked her.

  She nodded, "ya, as long as you guys respect my rules then I'm good. The rules are basically don't disrespect me, don't eat All my food, and have fun. Got it?"

  They all nodded. "Cool, I'll show you the guest rooms then."