20

You know that person that's always there for you, the one that never left, the one that you knew you could depend on for anything whenever. The one that you could count on whenever for whatever.

That's Seth for me. My twin understands me better than anyone. He knows when something's wrong, he can feel it. I'm the same way for him. It's that gut feeling you get when the ones you love and care for aren't in a good place. You just get an unsettling feeling in your stomach.

I need Seth around or I might just break. With him so far away and all the shit Helena and Shayn put me through, I might just fall apart. The only one keeping me together is Dean. Him and racing. There's just something about the exhilaration and the adrenaline coursing through my veins as my car flies down the track.

  Dean opened the door to our apartment and headed straight for the kitchen. I dragged my feet towards the couch but stopped as I saw a figure sitting on our couch. I looked up and my breath got caught in my throat. I switched on the light and did a double take.

  I let out an ear piercing scream as the figure smiled and waved at me, "I've been waiting for you to get home. Where you been?"

  My knees buckled and I collapsed on the floor. Out cold.

~~~

Seth's POV

  I boarded the plane with Devin as tears slipped down my cheeks. I knew my sister wasn't in a good spot. She's a super sensitive person and if someone pisses her off enough, I can only hope we don't have a repeat of last time.

  I wanted so badly to be with her, to be able to comfort her. I swear I sounded more like her boyfriend than her brother but she wasn't just my sister. She was my twin, my best friend, the other half of my brain. I remember when we were younger and we do everything together. We were inseparable.

  Then we met Dean and it was the three of us against the world. Even after eighth grade and Zerena stopped hanging out with Dean and I as much, her and I were still super close.

  I can't have a repeat of last time. Flashes of her last time someone hurt her more than our father. How lifeless and broken she looked. The dullness of her eyes. It take me three months just to get her to smile again. And another two to see the shine in her eyes. And it was all Logon's fault.

I never wanted to see my sister look like that again. That's why I was so overprotective of her in high school. I didn't want a repeat of our sophomore year.

Devin grabbed my hand and rubbed circles on it with her thumb. I looked at her and smiled.

"It'll be ok. We're going to see her again soon. Thanksgiving break is only three months away. It'll fly by in a flash," she beamed at me.

"Thank you," I kissed her forehead.

"I'm always here if you need me."

"I know. And I'm super grateful for that."

She kissed my lips, "I know," she smirked.

I rolled my eyes playfully and pecked her lips again.

We buckled up our seat belts as the plane prepared to take off. Devin never left go of my hand and I was thankful for that. I could really use the comfort right now.

She leaned her head on my shoulder and I leaned my head on hers. We stayed like that until she fell asleep and her head fell down to my lap.

Once the plane was safely in the air, I unbuckled her seat belt so she could shift her position since she didn't look very comfortable. She immediately shifted and laid on her back with her head facing the seat in front of us.

  I grabbed my book out of my bag and opened it to the page was last on. An hour and a half later the flight attendant came by with the food cart.

  I didn't want to disturb Devin but I knew she hadn't eaten since this morning. I woke her up by shaking her shoulder a bit and she slowly pried her eyes open.

  Devin sat up and looked at me with a small smile. "Hungry?" I asked.

  She nodded and I handed her the little packet of peanuts and the water I had gotten for her. She thanked me and eagerly took the water.

Once she was done, she laid back down and pulled out her phone. She opened up the book she had downloaded before the trip and started reading. I ran my fingers through her hair and soon, we were both out cold.

~~~

The plane jolted, waking me instantly. We had hit a bit of turbulence and woke up Devin so she could sit up and get buckled in. She laid her head on my shoulder and snuggled close.

I laid my arm over her shoulders and rubbed her arm. The plane finally stopped jerking and jolting and started descending.

We reached the ground not twenty minutes later and Devin and I were some of the first out of our seats. I hated flying, always have.

I was glad to be back on solid ground. It was eight at night and airport was as busy as ever. Devin and I walked to the baggage claim and grabbed our duffel bags as they came by.

We called for a taxi and told him our address. He pulled up in front of the dorm and Devin was fast asleep. I paid the taxi guy before grabbing all our bags which consisted of two duffels and a small backpack. I balanced all the bags on my shoulders before getting Devin out. I carried her bridal style to her dorm and locked on the door.

Her roommate, Melinda, opened the door. Once she saw the sleeping Devin she opened the door wider and let me in. I laid Devin down on her bed and dropped our bags in the corner of the room.

I tossed my shoes and shirt in the corner along with the bags before taking off Devin's shoes. I laid her underneath her covers before crawling in beside her and soon falling into a deep sleep.