19

I stopped at Sam's on my home to check up on Carly. I told Seth to wait in the car saying I'd be back soon. I raced up the stairs to Sam's apartment and found the door open a crack. I stopped and slowed my pace. I walked slowly to the door and opened it enough for me to step inside.

Matthew was lying unconscious on the floor of the living room. I walked to the bedroom and found Sam and Logon rolling on the floor throwing punches at each other and Carly screaming at them to stop.

I walked in quickly and pulled Sam off Logon, pushing him to one of me and keeping Logon on the other.

"I just have one question, "I looked at the both of them, "what the hell happened here?! I mean for gods sake! Matthews passed out on the floor in the living room and you two are covered in bruises and still throwing punches at one another while Carly's screaming at you two! So what the hell?!"

Both the guys started talking at once and I couldn't understand either of them. "Ok shut up!" They both stopped. I looked at Carly, "tell me what happened, Carly," I looked at both the guys.

"Well Logon and Matthew showed up at the door and Sam answered. And I heard Matthew say that you sent them and I knew Matt so I walked to the door. Logon was pale as a ghost and kept repeating things under his breath, I couldn't understand a thing he said. Matthew recognized me and tried to come in but Sam wouldn't let them..."

"I don't trust people I don't know," Sam interrupted. I glared at him, telling him to can it if he didn't want another bruise.

"I tried to get them to come in and then there was yelling and arguing and fists were being thrown. I don't know how, it just happened," Carly finished.

"Alright, so how did Matthew end up unconscious?" I asked.

"I kicked his guy and head butted him," Sam answered.

I rolled my eyes, "sometimes Sam. I sent Matthew and Logon here because I ran into them at the tracks and Logon and I were talking about he came to visit Carly but didn't know where she was. So I filled him in on what was happening. I've never seen the guy so freaked out once he heard how Johnny was treating you. He hit the ground and kept muttering so I had Matt bring him here to see that you're ok and you're happy," I looked at Sam and Carly, "I would've come too but I had a race. I needed to race too. Damn that helped," I shook my head to clear it, "anyway. You two need to learn to get along," I motioned to Logon and Sam, "you two are both very important people in Carly's life and I'm not saying you two have to be best friends but you do have to get along. Play nice with each other or I'm gonna beat the shit out of the both of you. Got it?"

  They nodded, "good. Now I'm gonna go wake up Matthew and check to see that he's ok and not in need of a hospital. You two be nice. Come on Carly," I warned as I walked out with Carly on my heels.

  She helped me get Matthew up on the sofa and she slapped his face a couple times to wake him. When that didn't work I dumped a cup of cold water on him. He jumped and sat up straight.

  "Good, you're awake. How do you feel?" I smirked.

  "Terrible," he answered.

  "That's nice. Follow my finger?" I dragged my finger up and down and side to side to check his eyesight. I had to make sure he didn't have a concussion. He couldn't follow my finger. "Alright you've got a concussion but no blood just a goose egg," I checked the back off of his head, "I'll take you to the ER in a couple minutes. Just gotta make sure that Logon and Sam haven't killed each other."

Just as I said that I heard someone yelling and a crash. I walked back to the bedroom and Carly was freaking out, yelling at Logon and Sam. It looked like she had bumped the nightstand and the lamp fell over. Thankfully the light bulb didn't break and just the shade got bent a little.

I focused on what Carly was screaming about and it was along the lines of how Sam and Logon need to get along or else. Oh my, what have I gotten myself into.

"Carly," I said quietly. When she didn't hear me, I said it a little louder and a little louder and finally I screamed her name, "Carly!!"

She stopped and looked at me, "what?"

"I think you need a night away. Tonight you'll stay with Dean and I. And Sam, Logon," I turned to the boys, "learn to get the fuck along!!"

As Carly passed Sam on the way out of the room, he reached out and grabbed her. He trapped her in a hug and kissed the top of her head, whispering stuff to her.

  She gave a small smile and kissed his lips before walking out. "Now when I bring Carly back tomorrow, I expect you two to be the best of friends. Or at least act like it for her sake. Got it?"

  They nodded and I smirked, "good. See you guys later." I waved and walked out, heading down to the car.

  Carly was already in the car, chatting with Seth. I got in and started the drive home.

~~~

  "Do you have to?" I whined. Seth and Devin were grabbing their luggage from my trunk, "I mean, do you really have to?"

  Seth chuckled and hugged me, kissing the top of my head, "yes sis, we do. We have our school remember? Our lives over their."

  "Make your lives here," I whined.

  He rolled his eyes playfully, "Zerena, you know I really wanted to go to this school."

"I know," I sighed and looked down, "I just miss you not being around. I don't like the fact that you're so far away."

"I know Z. I feel ya," he hugged me tighter. A few tears slipped from both our eyes as we said our silent goodbyes.

"I'm gonna miss you Z," he whispered.

"I'm gonna miss you too S," I whispered and tightened my hold, bringing him closer-if possible.

The flight attendant announced that the plane was now boarding and Seth and I finally pulled away. We were both crying and he placed one last kiss on my forehead before saying bye and turning to leave. He gave Dean gave a hug and he and Devin boarded their plane.