The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

By ShilpiKhanna

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 106
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
Bridge Chapter 3.B
A Featured book!

Chapter 40.

2.1K 168 66
By ShilpiKhanna

Meet Sunny guys!

Paresh's POV.

"Suvi!" I shouted as I saw her eyes droop shut after hitting the metal railing of the fire escape.

"What is going on here?" I heard a very familiar voice behind me and spun around. My eyes widened when I saw Danny standing right behind me. I glanced at the now open door of flat 5B to find Ricky there.

"Oh crap! Man are you trying to get all of us into trouble?" I heard Danny ask Rahul as he saw Suvi. "What are you both doing here?" he turned to me looking angry.

I feel my temper rise. I know bhaiya always looked up upon him and respects him and his opinion. "I should be asking you that question! What are you doing here?"

I turned around without waiting for him to answer and crouched down to where Suvi lay on the ground. I gulped knowing I was also responsible for what happened. What were we thinking coming to confront Rahul about that night?

Now there was no doubt that Danny was very much a involved and probably the main brain behind all this.

I lifted Suvi up into a sitting position. "Suvi!" I called to her desperately

I heard talk trio talk in whisper behind us. I could not catch what they were discussing and did not really care. Right now all I want is for Suvi to be all right.

I patted Suvi's cheek and called out again "Suvi. Please be all right." I checked her head for any injury and found a slight bump. That was all. No blood or any other injuries, at least seemingly.

"Someone is coming! Ricky come out!" I heard Danny say urgently.

I turned my head and saw Ricky rush out and shut the door behind him. What is going on?

"Both of you will ruin everything!" Danny said looking at me and Suvi's still unconscious form.

Before I could realise what was happening Danny lifted Suvi up and started walking down the stairs.

I felt a hand go around my mouth before I could object. "Sorry brother." I heard Rahul's voice as he dragged me down a few steps.

I tried pushing away his hand but he did not budge, Since when did Rahul get so strong?

"Ricky go back up in about two minutes and ring the doorbell." Danny said and kept moving downstairs.

I desperately tried to push at Rahul's hand again. Then an idea struck me. I reached out quietly to my phone in the pocket of my jeans. I tried to figure out with my fingers then pressed a number- hoping I had pressed the correct one to speed dial Shishir bhaiya.

I pulled Rahul's hand away at last and said aloud. "Suvi could be hurt badly! Rahul I need to take her to the Doctor now!"

"Shh- Not so loud." Danny hissed. "She is fine. Just dazed a bit."

"How do you know that? Standing on the fourth floor of the apartment you cannot judge that!" I hope bhaiya catches on. I hope I have dialled correctly, I hope bhaiya has answered. I closed my eyes for a moment knowing a lot I had left in the hands of 'hope.'

"Seriously Paresh ? You think we do not realise what you are doing?" Danny had stopped walking and looked at me.

Before any of us could say another word I heard footsteps and saw Shishir bhaiya rush up the stairs! How did he reach here so soon?

"Bhaiya!" I said relived. He did not even spare us half a glance as he scooped Suvi from Danny's arms and rushed towards the elevator. I followed him glad that the duo did not try to follow us.

Shishir's POV.

I frowned when I saw Paresh's ID on my phone. Why is he calling now? I just stepped out of the apartment less than an hour ago.

I pressed on answer "Hel-" I stopped short when I heard Pushkar's voice "Suvi could be hurt badly! Rahul I need to take her to the Doctor now!"

I felt my blood freeze. Suvi is hurt? I rushed up the stairs and saw her lying with her eyes closed shut as Danny held her. What exactly is going on here?

I grabbed her unconscious form into my arms and walked into the elevator. Once the door shut I looked at Paresh and saw him gulp. I knew at once these two had been upto something.

The elevator door opened and I walked straight towards the clinic that was located in the ground level.

Why was Suvi still not conscious?

After a few minutes they wheeled Suvi into the emergency room and refused to let me or Paresh in till they had checked on her.

"Sorry bhaiya." I heard Paresh mutter and glanced at him. He blurted what had happened.

"Are you mad? I thought you would be having more sense than this!" I shouted at Paresh.

Just then the doctor came out of the emergency room. I rushed up to him.

"She seems to be fine. We have conducted some tests. The reports should confirm the same. I suggest we do an x ray later just to be on the safe side." He said while glancing at the chart he had in his hand.

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"Yes sure. Infact she can leave now. She is conscious and her vitals are fine. Just ensure you do get the x ray done later." The doctor said before he walked off after nodding at me.

Relief crashed through me at his words. I went in to see the nurse was helping her up in a sitting position.

"I will get the papers ready." She said and left us alone as Paresh went with her to clear the payment and get the details.

I went forward and hugged Suvi. Seeing her like that had made my heart almost stop. Now that I knew she is fine I could feel my brain start to work again.

"Suvi, you have so little faith in me?" I spat out angrily stepping away from her.

"No Shishir. That is not true." She said softly as she started standing. I helped her stand just as Paresh came back in.

"Bhaiya that flat- 5B" he said and stopped suddenly.

"We will talk later about all that. What made you two think that confronting someone can get you answers? Do you how risky this could have become?"

"It was my fault Shishir. I insisted. I wanted to know why Rahul did all this." Sumo said quickly.

"You could not wait till all this was sorted? Suvi don't you believe I am doing this the right way? You think I am not capable enough to avenge you?" This actually hurt. Did she really think that I am taking all this lightly?

"No Shishir ! All I wanted was to ask Rahul why he did this. Please believe me." she said holding my hand.

"Your actions do not say that Suvi!"

I took her by the hand and led her towards my car parked outside. Charles was already in it.

"Have they come down yet?" I asked.

"Not yet." He responded.

I nodded at Paresh and Suvi to sit in and went around and sat beside Charles in the passenger seat.

"Take the car to a side Charles. I don't want them to spot this the first thing."

Suvarna's POV.

I got inside the car not entirely understanding what shishir was trying. I did realise he was waiting for some people to come down but who?

Charles drove the car to a side and stopped. Presently I saw Ricky come out of the main building with a bearded man, whom I had never seen before.

Shishir turned back towards us "The man you see with Ricky- is who lives in flat 5 B."

"Mr. Kapoor?" Paresh blurted obviously recognising the man. "But bhaiya- that is-"Paresh faltered.

"That flat's key is with my mother for years. That is the reason my father made me stay away when I came to London. He had not wanted me to buy my apartment here but I insisted and bought it."

I remembered now that the address that I had sent the letters to was indeed not this. Shishir had never stayed in the flat 5 B even when he had just come to London.

"Then how can Mr. Kapoor stay there if the key is with-" Paresh said abounding confused.

"You will know soon." Shishir cut him off.mid sentence.

I saw Ricky and the bearded man get inside a car just as Danny and Rahul came out and followed them in another car.

What is going on? "Who is Mr. Kapoor?" I asked Paresh softly.

"I met him few times in the past visits, just in the passing in the parking lot, lounge etc. I knew he lives in this apartment block but did not know where exactly he lives." Paresh said. "He seemed to be a jolly old man."

Presently we also started driving. We followed the car in front to a bank. I saw Mr. Kapoor go in and come out after some time.

"Don't talk anyone." Shishir said and took out a remote.

Suddenly the air around crackled and we heard some voices.

"Sunny this is not enough! I need more money. I need to get away from here. My brother and Shishir will have me arrested if I don't get away."

I gasped softly as I realised that the car in which Ricky and Mr. Kapoor were sitting was bugged and Shishir was handling the device!

"This is all you get! I don't care if you are arrested. You goofed up big time." Came in a voice which sounded somehow familiar but I could not really place it.

"I will tell the cops you blackmailed me into doing this. I was just sixteen then Sunny."

"Sixteen and heavily into drugs and stealing. Don't forget I caught you stealing red handed and I have proof." The voice said angrily.

"You lied to me Sunny. You said Shishir has cheated on you and you have to get back to him. The truth is he never harmed you." Ricky said.

"Yes he has! He has harmed me! I hate the man. I hate that he exists. I would have got him isolated and alone after that night had you not goofed up. You were not supposed to attack the girl!"

"I did not mean to. I took too large a dose that day. It was your fault. I was so nervous. I will tell that to the cops." We heard Ricky's voice.

The air filled with malicious laughter. "What will you tell eh Ricky? You travelled in his name, your sister stole his passport, you attacked the girl, It's all you."

"I did all that because you made me. You blackmailed me. I was very young and got scared." Ricky said angrily.

"How will you prove it? There is no proof against me. No one even realises I have anything to do with this. Get out now." Said the voice of Mr. Kapoor.

"No. I will take you to the cops right now. I will not- What are you doing? Keep the gun away!"

"You think I will go and confess I made you do all this? You must be mad! Because of you I lost my chance of making Shishir Mehrotra lose his face in front of his family! Now I will have to plan my revenge all over again!"

Oh God.

Then it hit me. Mr. Kapoor is Sunny??

What does he have against Shishir? He sounds dangerous! Supposing he harms Ricky? I cannot feel compassionate towards him but that does not mean I will want him to be slaughtered like this!

"Come." Shishir said softly and got out of the car. I got down immediately and saw others had got down too.

My eyes widened as I saw some cars pull up and cops get down. Within minutes they had Ricky and Mr. Kapoor out of the car with Mr. Kapoor still holding the gun.

An officer took it away from him and then Shishir stepped forward.

&&&

So 'Sunny' is with authorities now! Next chapter guys we will find out about Sunny and his motive. He sure got a lot of people involved in the case!

Do vote and comment guys.

Love, from me to you.

Chapter 41: Spoiler. A link from the past that Shishir was not entirely aware of till recently!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

621 68 16
Book#1 of "BOND" series INAYA'S POV Before me, he sits. After 7 long years-7 years of absence, he shows up. Yet, when I study his eyes, I find nothin...
109K 5.8K 49
Warning⚠️: this book is not edited. Has many mistakes! So in this story Divya Drishti are twins with powers separated by Psachini.. after 20 yrs fate...
214K 13.5K 66
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
903K 47.7K 75
A Wattpad Featured Novel. (July 2017) _________________________ "Why did you appoint me?" She asked him which made him stop on his tracks. "I don't t...