The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

By ShilpiKhanna

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 106
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
Bridge Chapter 3.B
A Featured book!

Chapter 35.

2.4K 174 77
By ShilpiKhanna

Suvarna's POV.

I am feeling silly for reacting the way I did at the thought of Shishir having girlfriends before me. But then it was not a good feeling to think he had been so caring with anyone else before me. It still did feel strange at times that my best friend was now my boyfriend.

I looked at him as he stood talking on the phone. I knew he was trying to find details about the motive behind what had happened three years back but was not ready to share in any details with me or Paresh. I had not really seen his professional side before. He was deadly in his intend and totally focused about what he wanted.

He smiled at me as he put the phone away and walked towards me. He reached his hand out and I readily took it. "Let's go?" I asked happily.

In response he tugged my hand and pulled me to him and turned me around in his arms so that my back was pressed to his chest. "Happy pre birthday girlfriend." He whispered in my right ear.

His breath tingled against my cheek which I am sure were red by now. "To you too Shishir." I said feeling breathless.

"To you too who?" He said pressing his face on the side of my cheek.

I smiled knowing he wanted me to call him 'boyfriend.' It was easy for me to think and refer in my mind but to actually utter the word I was tongue tied for no apparent reason!

"Say it Suvi." Shishir said softly pressing his mouth to my ears and I felt my cheeks go warmer.

"To the best and most caring man in this world." I said and wriggled out of his arms. I heard him laugh and mutter "Don't think we are done."

He put his arm around on my shoulder as we headed out. We met Paresh in the living room who had opted to stay in and watch movies. Both me and Shishir knew that he wanted to give us privacy so he had refused to come with us.

"Bye bhaiya. Bye tomato." The brat said not missing out on my still flushed face.

"Shut up." I hissed at him indignantly..

"Sorry." He said raising his hand in mock surrender. "My bad. Bye pickled tomato." He said grinning like the monkey he is.

Shishir chuckled at the death glare that I directed towards the brat and pulled me out.

Right through the elevator ride he kept his had around my waist making me blush. He kept smirking at my face when I refused to look directly in his eyes while talking.

Paresh is not the only Mehrotra that is a brat, I thought to myself trying not to smile.

Once we stepped out of the elevator he headed straight to where his car was and I stopped him.

"Uh huh. Mister. We are getting lost remember?" I said pulling him away.

"Without a car?" He exclaimed looking stunned. I laughed at him. "Suvi we – I may not know the way too well. We may lose our way." He said eyeing the car mournfully.

"That is the idea." I said dragging him away. I laughed as he gave me sulky look.

"We are starting by hopping on a bus." I informed Shishir.

"A bus? A - a- PUBLIC bus??" He almost erupted making me laugh harder.

I had already booked a 12 hour ride on the open bus tour with the help of Paresh much to Shishir's discontent.

I sat happily on the open roofed bus with the big baby. He looked so adorable as he sat pouting that I could not resist pulling his cheeks and he huffed more.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"No idea." I said truthfully. "Have you even ridden on a bus here?"

"Of course." He scoffed.

"Yeah right." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"Okay fine, It was years ago. With my parents. Mom had insisted I experience it." He said softly.

I looked at him as he mentioned his mother. He never did bring her up. He had never really forgiven her for walking out on him all those years ago when his parent's marriage had fallen apart.

He did not betray any emotion so I let it go. "Before you shifted to London?" I said and he shrugged.

Suddenly a brightly coloured patch caught my eyes and I exclaimed. "Hey we are getting down here."

"Where are we?" Shishir  asked looking around as we got down from the bus.

"You are asking me?" I laughed. "You are the one who lives here."

I walked towards a small café with brightly coloured umbrellas unfurled and plastic chairs around small square tables.

Shishir eyed the chairs like they were live bombs. Suddenly it occurred to me he was actually not enjoying this.

This realisation made me feel bad about the whole idea. I should not have suggested it I thought and wondered if it would be better if we changed the plan and went somewhere where he would enjoy.

Shishir's POV.

"Sumo what kind of fun is this?" I asked feeling irritated at the thought of pushing around in crowded places aimlessly. The bright plastic chairs in front of me did nothing to improve my mood.

I glanced at Suvi and saw her stand up slowly. "I am sorry Shishir. Maybe this was not such a good idea." She said in a small voice, sounding like she was fighting tears.

I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks on my chest. What was wrong with me? We were spending the day together after so many years and instead of relishing her company I was being utterly selfish in my attitude.

I hooked my finger on her chin making her look at me. "You have the dumbest man of this world as your boyfriend." I said softly and saw her frown in confusion. "I am all yours, at your mercy to get lost." I told her slightly tweaking her nose.

"Really?" she asked a small smile forming on her lips. I nodded and her smile broadened making my heart do a small dance in my chest.

Soon we were seated on the chairs and tucking on some food items that I did not even know the names of! Suvi was like an enthusiastic child digging on the food in front.

After we left the café she pulled me into a small field that had a small fair ongoing. I had to drag her away from shops selling mementoes.

"Suvi you can buy them later. How will you roam around with your hands full?"

"You are right." She said. "Merry go round!" she shouted suddenly pulling me towards some rides.

"What? No way Suvi!" I said but naturally I had no chance against a determined Sumo. After ten minutes I was sitting half bend over on a pink coloured camel. "Why is it pink?" I said groping at the rod above.

"Sir for your height we have other options too. A blue horse, green lion, a yellow bear-" prattled the attendant making me cringe.

"That is all right. This one is good." Suvi told the attendant smiling. "Smile." she ordered looking in my direction and before I could respond the click in her phone confirmed yet another unconventional photo was clicked.

"Why are you not riding?" I asked her accusingly.

"Of course I am." She said and went on to sit on a nice looking white horse. Soon the ride was set in motion and I clutched on for dear life. I don't remember when I had ridden on any ride and this was a freaking merry go round!

Life around my Suvi had to be eventful and full of the unexpected.

I closed my eyes as the world around me started wobbling up and down and the dreadful pink camel I was perched on creaked dangerously below me. I just hope it can sustain my weight.

After what seemed liked eternity the wretched ride came to a stop and opened my eyes apprehensively.

Suvi was beside me before I could untangle my limbs and get down. And to make matters worse she kept laughing at my expression as I squinted around.

"I trouble you a lot don't I?" she said with a wide smile.

"Not at all." I said as I put one cramped foot on the ground.

"You are the best Shishir." She said putting her arm around me.

"That I am." I said with a smile as I planted a kiss on her head.

"Now what?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Let's get back on a bus and find another interesting place to explore." She said and that is what we did.

In all honesty this simple and crazy plan of hers was really wonderful. Even after having lived in the city for nearly a decade I had been totally unaware of this aspect of this city.

"Are we near the river Thames?" Suvi's enthusiastic voice reached my ears. "Yes we are!" she answered for herself before I had a chance to confirm.

Soon we were off the bus and walking along some merry looking shops. Sounds of people laughing and having fun was ringing through the air as we walked hand in hand. Soon the river came into view.

"Have you been here before?" Suvi asked.

"To this part of Thames, no never." I said peering around.

"Boat ride?" she said.

"Why not?" I smiled. "Let's find out from where."

Soon we were standing in front of a merry looking blue and green boat

I had not even been aware we could hire small boats to ride on Thames! I was actually rediscovering myself while discovering a new side of London.

I helped Suvi get on the boat which had only the two of us and the boatman. I wish I did not have to take the boatman with us but then I am not sure if I would be able to handle the boat on my own.

An idea formed in my mind and I smiled to myself. I would need to plan a nice outing on water with just the two of us, probably in a few days once all details of who the jerk who had been the reason for Suvi's suffering was unearthed.

Soon we were off as the boat set sail. I sat down leaning on the comfortable seat and Suvi leaned on to me.

"Suvi?"

"Hmm?"

"Happy?"

"Very."

"I missed you so much ovr these years." I said caressing her cheek with my fingers.

"Liar." She said slapping my chest.

"Honestly." I protested her closer to me.

It was late afternoon by the time we got off the boat. We were at the south bank of the river I realised.

"Hungry?" I asked Suvi.

"Yes!" she said enthusiastically drawing a laugh out of me.

Soon we were gorging on a meal of utterly greasy but scrumptious hot dog and some tossed salad. We ordered a huge jug of lemonade ignoring the fact that the air was slightly cold right now. We chatted away as we ate this amazing meal.

"Shishir now your turn." Sumo said as we stepped out of the restaurant. "Now I want to see London the way you see it."

I smiled knowing what she was asking for. She wanted to see some of the old architecture that were all around us.

The next few hours were spent exploring the Tower of London, Tower bridge and the Globe theater.

"This is Shakespeare's theater?" Suvi asked awe in her voice.

"The same." I said smiling at her enthusiasm.

"Can I watch a play here." She asked looking at me hopefully.

"Of course." I said. Luckily we were just in time for watching A Midsummer night's dream show.

Soon we were watching the show with my hands around her shoulder.

I glanced at Suvi as she watched mesmerised in front. I was determined to find out who was the culprit behind her torment.

Tomorrow is our birthday and I had a special plan for this girl who made my life so much more beautiful and worth living.

&&&

The last update of the year 2016. Hope the chapter made a good read.

Have an amazing new year guys. See you all in 2017 with SuShi's birthday celebration.

Do vote and comment.

Love from me to you.:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 19.5K 69
SHRANAV OBEROI - 27 yrs CEO of Shriar & co. A tall, well built , handsome man, has anger issues, to arrogant known as the devil in his office. Loves...
190K 16.7K 67
Sequeal of 'Home To You' can be read stand alone. ©️All Right Sereved by me @deliciouspeach__ (writer_maira)©️ 25 years have passed and everything i...
249K 8.6K 66
The story is a completed story. Interested folks can read, and if you like, please do vote and share this with others as well.. Thanks. It's a romant...
266K 19.6K 27
ON HOLD Suvansh ROY. "The man for whom everything should be in a professional way. The man with natural intelligence and well settled career in neu...