BrEakOut ThE RuLEz Spanking S...

Oleh Psparkle022

Lieutenant commandant Steve McGarrett is the current leader of the well known Hawaii 5-0 task force, dedicate... Lebih Banyak

Introducing BTR
Chapter 1: How it all began
Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.1
Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.2
Chapter 3: The calm before the storm
Chapter 4: Not my daughter but my sister
Chapter 5: The mysterious texts
Chapter 6: How far would you go?
Chapter 7: Dangerous roads
Chapter 8: Paying the price
Chapter 9: Putting the mess behind
Chapter 10: Friend or foe
Chapter 11: Life adjustments
Chapter 12: Dealing with the problem
Chapter 13: It won't lead you anywhere good
Chapter 14: Catching waves and earning a date
Chapter 15: Hiding secrets
Chapter 16: A short walk on the beach
Chapter 17: Opening up
Chapter 18: Early mornings
Chapter 19: First date
Chapter 20: First encounter
Chapter 21: One of many fears
Chapter 22: Broken trust
Chapter 23: Facing fears and a first wave
Chapter 24: That guy
Chapter 25: The boat trip
Chapter 26: Being a guardian
Chapter 27: The threat
Chapter 28: Being sick
Chapter 29: The one in charge
Chapter 30: An outfit change
Chapter 31: Occupational hazards
Chapter 32: A reckless moment
Chapter 33: Life changes
Chapter 34: Not going back
Chapter 35: Please don't leave me
Chapter 36: Without her
Chapter 37: The settle
Chapter 39: Breaking point
Chapter 40: My babygirl
Chapter 41: The final countdown
Epilogue

Chapter 38: The trial

2K 53 9
Oleh Psparkle022

-All rise. Department One of the Superior Court is now in session. Honorable judge Fitzgerald presiding. Please be seated.

We all took our seats at the same time the judge did. I gulped the huge knot in my throat and prepared myself for the worst battle I had ever had.

-Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Calling the case of McGarrett vs Clelland for the custody of the minor Jillian Malie Clelland. Are both sides ready?, judge Fitzgerald asked to the hungry lawyers that stood at being spoken to.

Cassandra affirmed that we were in fact ready and so did my mom's lawyer. I shared a quick cheering look with my sister before posing my eyes on my mother. I truly didn't want to do this. There was something about it that made my guts twist, but she really didn't give me much of a choice.

The opening statements were really really long. I rubbed my face every once in a while, wishing it could be over already. Man lawyers can talk, and fortunately family cases were Cassandra's expertise. I had no doubt she'd do anything to win the case, but that in fact was what had me worried the most. She'd win this case one way or another, and there was one way I wouldn't like for sure.

First was my mom to testify. She firmly made her way through the room before taking a seat to raise her right hand. After all the formalities, her lawyer took the lead. He basically pointed out her rights as a mother and that there was absolutely no reason why she should give up custody, especially to her son.

-Hillary, answer me something. Do you love Jill?, the lawyer asked and my mom instantly smiled.

-With all my heart. She's my daughter, she answered quickly with no doubt.

-And have you not ever put Jill's needs before yours?, he carried on with his plan and my mom again answered quickly.

-Of course. She is first in my life before anything, the convincing answer came again.

After this the lawyer gave permission to Cassandra to question my mother. She first rearranged a few papers over the desk and took quick look of a few notes before raising slowly and walking until she was eye to eye with my mother.

-Is that true Mrs. Clelland? You have always put Jill first before anything?, she asked her as she approached to the strand.

-I believe I have. I've always tried to, my mom answered again without any signs of hesitation, but Cassandra knew better and didn't buy it for a second.

-So your multiple previous relationships and marriages just happened to go in the way, Cassandra blurted out before my mom's lawyer could object.

-Objection! That is not a question your honor, he complained loudly.

-Sustained. Please calm down Mr. Cooper, we're just getting started, judge Fitzgerald told Cassandra so she carried on with a much softer tone... for the moment.

-Mrs. Clelland, how many marriages have you had since your divorce with John McGarrett?, she asked and before she was even finished my mom's lawyer opened his mouth again, only this time she was ready.

-Objec...

-It is to evaluate how Mrs. Clelland has protected her daughters environment. How many and especially what type of men have lived under her roof concerns to her safety, Cassandra said quickly without taking her eyes off my mom.

-I'll allow it, the judge said and showed herself interested in this question.

-I've had 3 previous marriages, mom answered coldly with fire in her eyes towards my lawyer.

-Including your current marriage with Noah Syverson?, Cassandra kept questioning the nervous woman in front of her.

-No. That'd be my 4th marriage after John, my mom said in a tone that gave away just how displeased she was with my lawyer's questions.

-Tell me something. How was Jill's relationship with those men?, Cassandra asked and stood right in front of my mother with her hands behind her back.

-Well it wasn't pleasant with all of them, but she has a very good relationship with my current husband. He in fact insisted that I should not resign my rights as a mother and bring Jill home, my mom answered and I felt anger up my throat. I'd kill that bastard.

-I see. Didn't you tell Mr. McGarrett here present, when you dropped Jillian at his place, that your daughter Jillian Malie was driving you crazy? That she was out of hand? That she had chasen three men out of your life? Those previous three marriages to Noah I suppose, Cassandra asked without blinking, stopping only to check on some papers in her hands, leaving my mom speechless.

-I... it wasn't like that. I was... experiencing some stress due to Jill's teenage rebeldy. That is normal when you're a single mother, she answered as naturally as she could, glancing at her lawyer who calmed her down with his look.

-Mrs. Clelland, do you consider yourself strong enough to resign Jillian's custody for her own good? Do you really care for her that much?, Cassandra went straight to the point and that infuriated my mother.

-And why would I not be good enough to raise my own daughter in the way I've raised her for the past 13 years counselor?, my mom challenged the lawyer in front of her, leaning just enough to meet her eye to eye from her position on the strand.

-Perhaps for the fact of your weakness for alcohol?, she said and caused my mom to gap.

-Careful counselor, the judge warned Cassandra as my mom looked indignant.

-I do not! This is indignant!, my mother complained and looked at her lawyer, but he couldn't stop Cassandra. I couldn't have either if I'd tried.

-Mrs. Clelland, you are under oath. Are you denying blatantly to this courtroom that you have never had a drinking problem?, my lawyer pushed my mom even further hoping to make her trip.

I rubbed my face a few times, feeling the eyes of my sister burning the back of my shirt. I could picture her green eyes like saucers, about to show just how much her heart will break with the following news. My mom simply nodded and Cassandra took the opportunity to move on the subject.

-For the record, the witness has affirmed my question. Can you say to this courtroom why did that problem started?, she asked as she walked slowly around the room with her eyes posed on the fragile looking figure of my mom.

-That would be really hard to tell, my mom evaded the question with the skills that showed how much of a kick ass business woman she could be.

-Really? Tell me something: was your first internation february 21th in year 2000?, my lawyer asked even when she perfectly knew the answer. She seemed to even enjoy this at some point.

-Yes it was, she answered coldly.

-And when was the date of your divorce?, she asked again and my mom took a deep long breath to calm herself down.

-February 15th.

-Mhm. And your daughter Jill's birthday is october 5th, Cassandra stated and my mom's lawyer raised once again seeing where the deal was going but it was too late.

-Objection, he complained but neither the judge or Cassandra paid much attention to him.

-Given the fact Jillian was borned a little earlier than she should have, Jill's conception, your divorce and your internation happened in the same period of time, don't you think?, she carried on without even listening to the fight between the complaining male lawyer and the judge threatening to hold him in contempt of court.

-I don't see your point counselor, my mom showed herself completely pissed off with my lawyer.

-Would you agree with me Mrs. Clelland that your alcoholism started after you conceived Jillian Malie Clelland and your divorce with John McGarrett due to your affair?, she asked point blank and left again my mother completely speechless.

-It's... I...

-Is it not true that your internation was due to an alcohol incident that almost caused you to have a miscarriage at said time?

The entire room froze as truth was finally out. I had never in my life, not even through the worst scenario in my missions, so much fear to turn my back around. My eyes immediately connected with a pair of glassy green orbs.

It took her less than a minute to run out of the courtroom. I laid back on my seat, instantly hearing Cath's footsteps after my sister in flee. This seriously couldn't had gone more wrong.

-No further questions, Cassandra finally said and I let out a long breath. It was finally over.

Cath had texted me that she drove Jill home given the fact she was completely hysterical. When I got home, my girlfriend told me that she had locked herself in her room and hadn't said a word for hours. Cath had started to get worried but I calmed her down and convinced her to go home and rest. I'd handle Jill like I've always had. With patience.

-Do you want to talk about it?, I asked to the lumb lying on the bed that would occasionally move to show she was still breathing.

-Why did I have to come here? Why did mom have to send me to Hawaii with you. My life was perfectly simple until I came here, my sister sobbed in her folded arms and I thought she'd never forgive me for breaking her heart.

-You know before this whole mess I was thinking the exact same thing, I said calmly while taking a seat right next to my sister, gently placing a hand to rub her back.

-Really?, she sniffled and turned her head just enough for one eye to look at me.

-Yeah really. I just wondered what would have happened if you had never come here. And you know what I realized?, I said and brushed some blond hair off to look at her beautiful face.

-What?

-That I'd have never gotten to know you, the real you. Not the little Jill, not the bratty rebellious Jill... just who you are when you are here, I said while looking deep into those cheery yet mischievous green orbs.

-You're definitely not what I remember either, she smiled softly before pulling herself to sit on the bed.

-Well I'm a better person thanks to you. And babe I am terribly sorry about what happened today in court. My lawyer was completely out of line.

-I don't think she was. I mean... I've always known I was the reason why dad left but I never knew it was because he wasn't really my dad. It doesn't matter anyways. It's not like I've gotten to know any of them, she said lifting her body from her bed to sit and look at me.

-Do you want to?, I asked her knowing I could easily track down the guy who got my mom pregnant. Knowing my mom's pronctuary, he was probably in the system.

-Maybe someday, she said and sighed deeply.

I hug my little sister as tight as I could without breaking her in half, and she clinged of me for what seemed hours, eventually sniffling or dropping a few tears. After this whole mess, I still needed to testify tomorrow and then the final disaster... Jill on the strand.  

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

867K 28.2K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
38K 260 13
love you guys. the more votes I get the more I will update
86.4K 2.4K 64
This is a story about Dean Winchester's life. He's a sheriff's deputy and a strict dad who's not afraid to spank his seven-year-old daughter when she...
50K 2.2K 36
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.