The Devil's Grin - A One Piec...

By 87firestrike

Everything has changed. I was once considered great and powerful. But I was betrayed by those I thought I cou... More

Chapter one- A New Beginning
The Makings of a Crew
The Swordsman
The Girl That Draws Maps and the Boy Who Lies
What Makes a Cook
Finding a Cook and a Doctor
The Shipwright and a Bag of Bones
The Girl Called a Demon
I Over Slept
I Hate Cats
Run Its a Rapist
Enter: The Tempest of the Seas
Sneezes Can Be Deadly
Lets Find a Cook; What's Wrong With Nami?
A Declaration of Might. The Cook's Fight Begins
Truths and Lies. Fight Like a Man
Don Creed Defeated.
Nami's Plight and A New Contract Made?
A Broken Promise The Heroe's Entrance
The Mark of War.
The Fight for the Navigator. Nami, You Are My Friend.
Arlong's Reign Ends Nami Joins the Crew
Dreams. Welcome to Lougetown!
Wanderings in Lougetown. Another bearer of the Mark?!
Winds of Change. Journey to the Grande Line!
Enter the Grande Line A Whale?!
Follower Appreciation
Our Adventure Begins! Tranquility Comes Aboard
Whiskey Peaks Welcomes You
Battle of the Marks!? Wait! Who Bares the Mark?
Howdy Miss All Sundays. The All Seeing Eye
What Happened?!
The First Snail-What Started It All
The Second Snail The Game
April Fool's Special
The Third Snail - Wait?! What?! Oh, OK. The Fourth Snail - The Wedding
Prison Can Be Fun
Followers Apre-ach!!*#&#&รท *toss* *crash* *slam!*
Trip Down Memory Lane - A Storm of Blue Crossover
Author's Note (You really might want to read this.)
Escape! What'd I Miss?
Let's Go Back a Bit
Happy Birthday!!!!
Who Is Frost? Tempest and Current
Let's Return To Our Adventurers - An Island in the Sky?!
Monkey's Business and Jaya Island
Jaya! The Pirate's Playhouse!
Followers Appreciation
Can We Really Make It?
To Eat Or Not To Eat?
The Flower Blooms
Welcome to Sky Island!!
Promises From a Demon
A New Family Member Or One That Wasn't Seen? Let the Games Begin!
Calgura or Wiper? Fight For Survival!
Taking Down 'God'
Light Pirates Are Born!
RANDOMOSITY
Here and Now.
A Game of Chess, A Fishing Lesson
Deeper Than Blood
Holiday Special
You Ruined the Fight!=(
The Government's Articuno.
Fight For a New Name. Who Knew Trains Could Float?
Thank You. Good Bye.
Special
The World Cries
Rescue Mission
Denied!?
The Feelings of Our Hearts
Salvation or Damnation
My Curse
Ohara: First Meeting
2 Year Celebration :'(
Ohara: Strange Is As Strange Does
Ohara Burns
Danny Boy
Behind Blue Eyes
Farewells
The Ice Room
Why Wait?
Three Days
For War We Prepare
The Auction
Author's Note
Izume Ame
Separation
What Happens Now?
The Goddess of the Sea
Haunted Past
Ace in Danger!
Everyone Else
Ace, Roger, and D
Prelude to War
A Battlefield is a Living Graveyard
Even If It Kills Me
The Turning Point?
Big 100! Return of Daddy's Law

Who Wins and Who Loses

355 17 16
By 87firestrike

I'M STILL ALIVE!

What are you doing D?

ANNOUNCING TO THE WORLD THAT THIS STORY ISN'T OVER BY A LONG SHOT!

Well you heard it from him. It may have taken a while but I've finally stopped being lazy and finished this chapter. Next chapter should be interesting and hopefully will be faster. Also, 1k votes has been reached!(even though that was 100 votes ago) and our 1000th voter was Amethyst_Heart. And her reward is a dedication to her story of choice. The dedication will be at the end of the chapter. Enjoy the reading.

% [$<÷;/[^[=&÷&#$[

D grinned as Jonathan stared at the chess board. "I can give you an ability to move things with your mind if you want." He teased. "Maybe then you'll make a move."

"I'd think you of all people would appreciate patients." Jonathan countered him.

"Ouch!" D feigned pain. "That was below the belt!"

Jonathan sighed and made his move and stood up. "I've got some fishing to do." He explained with a mischievous grin. "I'll be back. Don't mess with the pieces." He warned as he left the room.

D stared at the board and smiled. He was missing more pieces but he was confident he'd win. After all. He had taken more of the royal pieces then Jonathan had.

Several hours went by and the sun now sat high in the sky drawing closer to lunch time. It was at that time that Jonathan came waltzing back in, a victorious smile on his face.

"What made your day?" D asked curiously.

"Oh." Jonathan studied the board and made his move. "I just recently gained control of two very important pieces."

"Which ones?" His voice was curious but inside he was concerned. Most of the crew could get themselves out if it came to it but some would be stuck. By some he meant the devil fruit users. They became powerless with Sea Prism Stone.

"The swordsman Roanoa Zoro and the sharpshooter Ussop." Jonathan grinned.

"So one of our Knights and one of our bishops." D nodded thoughtfully. Those two would be fine.

"Wouldn't a sharpshooter be more like the castle as a skill set?" Jonathan furrowed his brow confused.

"He's more versatile than that." D grinned. "Besides." His grin took a mischievous look. "I'm more like the castle." Jonathan's brow raised slightly at that.

"Sir." An officer suddenly enter the office saluting, a Lieutenant judging from his uniform. "The Strawhats ship has been docked in a unused repair bay on the west side." The officer looked like he wanted to say more but was uncertain.

"Is there something more?" Jonathan asked.

"There-" The officer paused. "There have still been reports of ghosts on the ship."

"Ghost reports?" Jonathan glanced at D who grinned.

"That's my girl." D chuckled just loud enough for Jonathan to here. Now he would have one more thing to wonder about. It seemed little Mary was doing a good job.

"Thank you." Jonathan nodded. "Go ahead and get some lunch."

"Lunch sounds good." D perked up. "What's on the menu?"

"Inquire if a few dishes may be brought to my office." Jonathan instructed the lieutenant. "Let my wife know we have a special guest today." The lieutenant was confused but nodded.

"I wonder if the lovely Jessica will deliver it herself." D grinned.

"She's taken." Jonathan chuckled.

"And I live forever." D shrugged. "Any other facts you want pointed out?"

"How about you tell me what the Strawhats are doing here." Jonathan sat at his desk, the chess game left alone for the moment.

"This again." D sighed. "I can't help it if you won't believe me."

"There is no way you came here for souvenirs."

"Is that what I said?" D looked around. "Is better pick a few things out then." He started walking around the office picking things up and inspecting them.

"Quit joking around." Jonathan groaned. "Fine. If you won't tell me why your here tell me who is on the ship messing with my men."

"How do you know it isn't really a ghost?" D shrugged. "Is mean look at me. If I can exist why not spirit?" Jonathan had nothing to say to that. "Any other questions? It's not often I'm feeling in a giving mood when it comes to agents of the Government."

"You'll answer any questions I ask honestly? No jokes about souvenirs or things like that?" Jonathan asked.

"Sure full honesty to the best of my abilities." D nodded. "To be fair there are things I am not aloud to say. Higher powers and all that."

"They're are beings more powerful than you?" Jonathan was confused.

"Don't know." D smirked. "I've never fought them. For all I know I can beat them. But to answer your question correctly, they have more authority then I."

"Like a chain of command." D nodded as Jonathan considered his next question. "How are you able to move around and use your powers? I thought you were sealed away."

"It is true I am sealed." Jonathan was confused. "What you see before you is similar to a puppet. I move it with my mind but it doesn't have the same capabilities as I do. So while I seem over powered I am limited by what abilities I can use as well as how many at one time. Does that answer satisfy you?"

"It does." Jonathan nodded. "It explains quite a bit."

"Next question."

"What is your goal with Strawhat Luffy?"

D smiled as he thought about the answer. "Depends on how you look at it. What is my goal with Luffy and his dream to be King of the Pirates? What is my goal with the crew of the Strawhat Pirates? What is my goal for this world that will be accomplished through Strawhat Luffy? All of these are different questions with different answers depending on how you look at them. So which way will you look at them?"

D watched as Jonathan thought about the questions he had presented. If he could get some members in the Marines to question the purity of their government it would shake them. "I can only look at this as a Commander of the Marines."

"In that case your answer is that my goal is to do what a pirate does." Jonathan's eyebrow Rose curiously. "To run from the Marines and do what I please."

Jonathan was about to ask another question when the door opened and Luffy walked in pushing a dining cart dressed as a cook. D stared at his captain in disbelief at the blatant lack of effort in his disguise. His straw hat was covered by a chef hat but it was clearly different. As well as his face which was on wanted posters everywhere was uncovered. D couldn't contain himself any longer as he burst into laughter, his fist pounding the table.

"Is something the matter?" Jonathan asked. D went to answer but he realized the question hadn't been directed at him. "Do you see something over there?"

Luffy was staring straight at where do was. "No." Luffy answered while still staring at him.

"Then why are you looking over there?" Jonathan glanced at D, his brow raised curiously.

"No idea." D stood and moved over to stand behind Jonathan. As he did so Luffy's eyes remained where he had been before.

"Guess it was a fluke." D chuckled only to notice Luffy's eyes shoot over to where he now was. "Can he hear me?"

Luffy said nothing so Jonathan asked. "Can you see or hear anything behind me sailor?"

"The ocean outside." Luffy pointed to the balcony doors behind him.

"Is that all?" Luffy nodded. Jonathan glanced at D and he shrugged. "Did you bring anything to eat?"

"They sent a couple dished but only one made it." Luffy pushed the cart further into the room and placed a plate of food on Jonathan's desk.

He was about to ask where the other plates were but D jumped in. "It's probably better I not eat with this guy around. Some how he can tell where I am." Jonathan nodded and began to eat.

Jonathan was enjoying the meal which was much better than normal. Not that his wife didn't always make exemplary meals, it was simply better this time. With each bite he closed his eyes as flavor burst from the juicy meat balls. When he opened them to get another on his fork he noticed his plate was looking a little emptier than it should be. Confused but not to concerned he continued eating only to find his food was disappearing faster than he was eating. Now he was concerned.

He glanced around the room looking for the suspect. D stood behind him still snickering making him suspicious. And it was the kind of thing he would do. Then his eyes moved over to the chore boy sent from the kitchens. He was still standing at attention waiting for him to finish his meal so that he could bring the dish back with him. Something that was normal. What wasn't normal was the fact that the boy was chewing.

Suspicious Jonathan decided to close his eyes and aim for beside a meat ball. Sure enough, when he struck, he heard the chore boy cry out. He opened his eyes and was pleasantly surprised to see an arm stretched across the room coming from the chore boy. "I take it the infamous 'Strawhat Luffy' stands before me?" Jonathan smiled as he noticed D not so subtly whistle as if he hadn't known all along who he was.

"That's me." Luffy nodded. "Who are you?"

"I'm Commander Jonathan." Jonathan answered. "I'm the officer assigned to command this base."

"I'd your in charge do you know where our ship is?" Luffy asked. The guy was calm despite where he was.

"That is knowledge I have." Jonathan nodded. "But what would you do with that knowledge? You won't be leaving this base unless it is with cuffs on your wrists and being escorted by Marines."

"Don't need an escort." Luffy shook his head. "We'll leave on our own."

Where did he get his confidence? Did he expect D to help them escape? And would he? If he helped then it was over. There was no way they could detain them. While D had said he wouldn't help before he could easily have lied. Or possibly change his mind on a whim.

D moved to stand in the room as both Luffy and Jonathan stared at each other. "Wwawawa! Wah! Wah! Waaah!" Both of their eyes shot to his postion but before anything could be said the doors behind Luffy burst open revealing Sanji wearing an outfit similar to Luffy's.

"We got to get out of here!" Sanji grabbed Luffy's hand and yanked him out of the room.

"Tch!" Jonathan glanced at D who shrugged with a grin before following after the two pirates.

D watched as Jonathan ran out of the room after Sanji and Luffy. He could have followed to see how things turned out but then where was the fun in that? Instead he sat down at Jonathan's desk and began eating his unfinished meal. Delicious. Most definitely a dish made with Sanji's help. It didn't take him long to finish the left overs.

Not even ten minutes went by when Jonathan came back to his office and sat down with a sigh. D stood by one of Jonathan's bookshelves inspecting his little collection. Several of the books would catch Robin's interest. "How was the chase?" D chuckled. He already knew the results based on Jonathan's reaction when he entered.

"They got away for now." Jonathan sat forward. "But I've already prepared several precautions to make sure they won't enjoy freedom for long." He grinned as D glanced at him curiously.

"I guess I'll just have to wait for you to receive a report on those precautions." D chuckled.

As if on cue there was a knock at the door. D raised his eyebrows as Jonathan stared at the door for a moment. "Come in."

A marine entered and saluted. "Special Investigator Shepherd from Marine Headquarters here to see you sir!"

"Show him in." Jonathan nodded. The marine saluted again before opening the doors to let the Special Investigator in. To D's mild surprise Robyn walked through the doors wearing a marine officer uniform. "You must be the Special Investigator." Jonathan leaned forward in his seat.

"And you must be the commander of this base." Robyn smiled slightly as she scanned the room. As her eyes passed over D he noticed her eye flash revealing she could see him. "You have some interesting books here." She motioned at Jonathan's book shelf.

D chose this moment to mess around to see how she would react. "Owow!" He howled. "A marine that fine can arrest me anytime!"

Jonathan gaped at him, forgetting to pretend he wasn't there, astonished at his sudden outburst. Robyn chuckled causing Jonathan to start in further surprise. "You heard that?!"

Robyn glanced at him, her face as smooth as a stone. "Heard what?"

Jonathan went pale as he realized what he had said. D burst into laughter at the fear in his eyes. Though to be fair depending on how Robyn reacted now would decide if Jonathan thought he was headed for the madhouse or not.

Robyn's features soften as she chuckled again. "It seems your able to hear ghosts Commander."

"Just this one." Jonathan chuckled sheepishly. "You can as well I take it?"

"No." Jonathan looked confused. "But since I was little I've been able to sense them and their emotions." Robyn explained. "That's why I laughed. It seems you've got quite the comical woman haunting you."

"Excuse me? Woman?!"

"Yes." Eobyn nodded. "It's quite apparent that it is a female spirit. You were unaware even though you could hear her?"

"It's hard to tell the gender by the voice sometimes." Jonathan rubbed the back of his head while glancing at D. Of course D had to take some alluring poses after that.

This caused Robyn to chuckle again then she became serious. "Maybe I have access to the base library and the records of ships coming and going? I do have a job to do here."

"Of course." Jonathan nodded trying to ignore D who was taking different poses around her. The fact that she could remain serious was impressive. "If you need anything else just let me know."

"Will do." Robyn nodded before turning to leave.

"I won't be helping the Strawhats leave here." D suddenly spoke up. Robyn paused a second before continuing out the doors. "Just wanted to make sure your aware of that Jonathan. You don't need to worry about my involvement. I'm still quite confident in their abilities."

"And I still don't trust you." Jonathan slumped into his seat mentally exhausted. "You didn't even tell me you was a woman."

"I figured you of all people would be able to see through the Shroud." D shrugged. "Your not even surprised that I'm a woman."

"After all the stories I've heard about you I don't think anything you did would be able to surprise me that much."

"True. It's the little things that surprise people." D sat on the edge of Jonathan's desk seductively. "Like little outbursts that are unexpected."

"Get off my desk." Jonathan growled causing D to step away.

"As for what I said earlier. I won't help the Strawhats. They won't need it." D sat down in the chair as the whole base shook from a deep explosion. "They're quite capable of escaping on their own." He grinned as a call came in on the snail phone reporting that the Strawhats that were imprison had escaped. "It seems the victor here has already been decided, I'm going to take a nap." And with that D began to snore.

$*#&÷^=[%> $;÷;÷÷&

Story by Amethyst_Heart

Title:  THE Mage

I sat on my balcony watching over the sprawling city before me, magic orbs floating around my fingers. The sounds of the market reached even me up here in my tower and made me sigh with longing. Why was I sighing? Because I am princess Jazann Kazim and I haven't been out of the palace in five years. It has also been five years since my parents died. It was such a shock to me I barely paid attention to what was happening at the time. Before I knew what was going on a neiboring king had moved into the palace to act as my regent since a thirteen years old girl was not considered ready to rule a kingdom. But now I was eighteen and of age. And whether or not he wants to he will return my kingdom to me. Thundering steps boomed in the distance as if a sign of her trials to come.

These steps came from the fabled giants that traveled the land ignoring the smaller citizens of our world. Our elders tell us we have nothing to fear from the Giants but the still scare me. Not that I've seen one. But the stories I've heard from the servants are enough to make anyone uncomfortable.

"Mylady." A serving girl called. "You've been summoned." I could see the awe in her eyes as she noticed the magic orbs I was controlling. Makes were rare and precious.

"I'll be right there." I answered as I glanced back at my city. Nothing was going to keep her from me.

So what you guys think about this super awesome story? If you like it jump over to Amethyst_Heart's account and give her your support. And remember to comment and tell her what you think. Feedback is like manna from heaven for writers. (If you don't know what manna is go read a bible.) I'll try to not have the next chapter take so long guys. Plus I want to try to do a Christmas special so I'll have to do better this week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 90 6
The declaration of the treasure known as the "One Piece" began an age of pirates who've come from all corners of the world in the hopes of being the...
16.1K 580 21
"it's not like I didn't want to be the monster. It's just because the game itself seemed incredibly one-sided and unfair. Heroes and monsters is just...
12.8K 547 35
Y/n and Her little sister Umi has been each others only family since their parents died, after their Landlord kicks them out on Christmas night for t...
31.8K 707 16
You were called the newborn devil by the marines and Navy Headquarters. Having 750 million berries on your head was a big deal, and everyone was set...