The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

By ShilpiKhanna

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 106
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
Bridge Chapter 3.B
A Featured book!

Chapter 5.

4.1K 212 42
By ShilpiKhanna

Please make me smile by clicking on the star at the end of the page. Please vote.:)

Published 16 th September 2016.

Shishir's POV.

All the muscles of my body seemed to be concentrated, knotted in a bunch on my shoulder, where she had placed her hand.

My heart beat rate had gone wild. I could almost hear it over the noisy din of the bike as it seemed to thump through my ears!

Kharr . kharr . kharr.

But- why is it going Kharr Kharr and not lub.dub lub.dub- the way it should?

A movement caught my eye, where Suvi's hand was resting on my left shoulder. I half turned trying to glance at the object  while still maintaining my view on the road ahead. 

A polythene carry bag??

That is what making that weird sound and not my heart!

"Suvi! Remove this packet from near my ear!" I shouted over the sound of the motor.

"Suvi!"

"Suvi??"

"Suvi?!"

"Suvi?!!"

What is wrong with her?

I stopped the bike at a side on the road and turned in my seat.

"Suvi?"

She nodded her head.

"Suvi! Why are you not responding? Remove this packet from near my ear." I said pointing towards the offending packet with a finger

She nodded again, not removing her hand from my shoulder.

Why does she need to keep her hand still on my shoulder when the bike is not moving?

I looked at her as she kept nodding her head at me.

Is she okay? Is the helmet stuck? I think to myself beginning to feel worried.  

Supposing she is in pain?

"Suvi? Is the helmet stuck?"

She nodded her head vigorously few times and then started swaying it from side to side.

Oh no!

How did this happen? Damn Paresh! He must have given her an old one that may have been defective.

She muttered something. I could not make out what as her voice was muffled.

"Hold on Suvi." I said softly as I tried to gently remove the helmet. She must be in pain. Maybe her neck was twisted. She kept shaking her head. "Two minutes Suvi . Hold on. Okay? It will be alright dear."

I removed her hand from where it was still there on my shoulder and kept it on her lap. I got down and slowly, very slowly removed the helmet. Luckily it came off easily.

"There! It is out now." I said smiling in relief.

"Papa don't preach." Suvi said in a sing song voice and nodded her head again her eyes shut tight

What-??

That is when I saw it. My blood boiled immediately.

I reached out and pulled at the wires.

"SUVI!" I thundered.

"Yooow eowww aaaooooo-" she yelped obviously startled.

She opened her eyes and gave me a bewildered look.

"Earphones??? You had these stuck into your ears all this time! God damn careless. Listening to music while I am bellowing my lungs out!"

"Careless?? You are driving, so how does my listening to songs make me careless?" She shouted back at me jumping down from the bike to stand next to me.

"Do you know how worried I-"

Shishir! Control. Don't show her you care, I chided myself. "Er- worried about the plastic carry bag." I blurted out in a rush not able to think of any other excuse.

"Why were you worried about a packet?" She shot back.

"Because it was right next to my ear."

"So?"

"I thought it was my heartb- Um it was making a weird sound next to my ear."

"So?"

"So?? Have you never thought of being environment friendly?"

"How does listening to an old Madonna song make me environment's enemy? "

"Not the song dammit! Why are you carrying a plastic carry bag Have you never thought of Going green and pro environment?"

Her lips formed in a 'O'. "I had made something for you-" She said looking at the packet." But-" she gave a long sigh looking at the packet.

Drama queen!

Then it clicked. What did she just say? She has made something for me? Suvi made something for me! A happy smile stretched my face.

I turned towards her smiling. "Suvi- Suvi?" Where did she go?

When did she climb back on the bike? I fumed as she sat there nodding her head again with the earphones on.

I gave the packet a rueful look, as it sat on her lap now. Why did I have to fuss so much about that plastic bag? What has she made for me?

How do I make her give it to me? Should I grab it like she did with her gift?

No! Of course not. Shishir  Mehrotra will never do that.

Maybe if I just hint her a bit she might give it to me?

"Er-Suvi-"

"Papa don't preach-" She can't be listening to that same song still. She has to taunt me!

Furiously I plucked out the earphones out of her ears again.

"I don't preach!" I said angrily.

"Well I don't call you Papa either. I am just singing along with the song Shishir" she said with a sweet smile, raising my suspicion.

My eyes shifted to the packet again.

"Er- Suvi- that –"

"This?" she said pointing at the packet, her eyes glinting mischievously..

Damn the girl. She knows I am curious about it.

"I will 'go green' Shishir, don't worry on that account at all." Her voice was dripping with sweetness.

Let her and that gift or whatever she made go to hell! Who does she think she is, Madonna?

I kicked started the bike with more force than required and we were off again. I had no idea where we were heading. I just rode on.

"Stop! Stop." She shrieked in sometime.

"No." I shouted back.

"It's urgent! Please!"

What now? I thought irritated. I slowed down wanting to turn and shout at her. But the crazy girl jumped off as soon as I slowed. The bike wobbled dangerously and I somehow managed to steady it.

Mad girl. I should not have let come with me. I looked around and saw her in heated conversation with some vegetable vendors.

Seriously?? She almost made the bike fall just to pull a good bargain for some vegetables.

I groaned and pinched the bridge of my nose in impatience.

I need patience. I closed my eyes shut. Take a deep breath Shishir.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in Breathe o-

"Here." Suvi's voice interrupted my attempt to stay calm.

My eyes snapped open with a glare in place which turned into a bewildered look as my eyes landed on what she was holding.

A small dirty wicker basket tied with some jute ropes!. And yeah there was a stink in the air too!

"I made this for you Shishir." Suvi said with a dangerous glint in her eye.

"What?" I managed to croak out.

"A gift from me to you. The wrapping is all eco-friendly now and don't worry the gift is eco friendly." She shoved that wicker basket in my hand, looking smug as ever.

A gift from her. My heart danced but my mind was still too stunned as I stared stupefied at the 'wrapping'. Way to go Shravan! You were the one who gave her the opportunity to put you in this spot.

She knows it. She knows it very well no matter what I say a gift from her I will not dump it just like that!

I looked at the audacity in my hand and saw there was a small rag, torn from a gunny bag, obviously with the actual gift, and that was in this basket.

Great! I will just open it then I don't have to carry this smelly dirty basket.

Easier said than done. She had tied the rope secure enough to hold an elephant!

I glared at her as she said looking at me with a smile on her face.

I looked around desperately trying to find something to cut this open.

I heard the distant sound of siren, but ignored it. My papers are in place.

"Shishir-"

"What??"

"I am so glad you are in a hurry to open it and see it. But-"

I muttered softly, not wanting to spoil this moment when she has give me a gift.

"Just wanted to point out, you parked in no parking zone."

What? Shit!

"Hold this Suvi quick." I say urgently shoving the basket towards her.

"Ask me nicely."

"Go to hell!"

"Suit yourself." She said shrugging nonchalantly as she shoved the earplugs back and put on her helmet.

Damn her! Damn her.

I sat down quickly with the basket placed precariously on the seat, lest it falls down. I dare not drive fast.

Why could she not give this to me when I gave her my gift or even before sat on the bike? The whole thing could have been avoided.

Because she is Suvi! Unpredictable as ever and obviously crazier than she was as a child, my mind helpfully pointed out.

I pulled up in a parking zone within a few minutes. No matter what I said I was desperate to know what she had given me. And of course to get rid of this silly basket!

I got down and removed my helmet and saw she had also done the same. My anger melted away as I saw her smiling at me. I remembered the pen knife I always carry. How could I forget it?

I heard her phone ring as I statred working on the ropes.

"Pintoo!" she exclaimed as she answered it.

I smiled to myself. Prema's younger brother, Paresh had mentioned about him.

"What do you mean he will stay in my room?"

I frowned at Suvi. Why is she creating such a fuss about her cousin being in her room?

"It's all Paresh's fault. He made this such a big issue by shooting that video and showing it to everyone."

My hand stilled at these words. That friend of hers.

"Listen, I don't care if you call him Gatoo or Terry or whatever name you want but I cannot smuggle him into my room! What if Nanu or Aunty find out?"

I felt my temper rising.

She and her cousins are even deciding on a nickname for him! Shishir  how could you let this slip from your mind I thought angrily.

"We will talk about this later, when I come home." I heard Suvi say as she disconnected her phone.

"So your only concern is if someone finds out your- he stays is your room?" I asked unable to hold my temper.

"Just imagine if they do! I will be in deep trouble." Suvi said , confirming my doubts. I felt my heart fall low in my stomach.

"And what if he climbs up on me at night? And nibbles my toes or ears?" Suvi continued looking thoughtful.

Climbs on her?? Nibbles on her-?? I felt sick, a queasy feeling in my stomach. The basket seemed to burn my hand now.

"Here, give this to him!" I said angrily throwing the basket at her. She caught it frowning.

"What is wrong with you now?" she asked. Suddenly a knowing look crossed her face." Is Shishir Mehrotra jealous by any chance?"

"Of course not!"

"Then?"

Shit. I cannot let her see my feelings! Especially when she obviously does not care!

"I- I just want you to hold it for me."

"Are you asking me nicely?"

"Yes! Yes damn you. Suvi please hold this basket with your gift for me for some time."

"Sure Shishir I will be glad to help. And come on let's go! I want to go to our old Golgappa place! Remember we used to eat half his stock away?"

A warm fuzzy feeling invaded my chest as old, good memories came crashing in my mind. Why must this girl confuse me so much? What is going on in her mind?

&&&&

So how did you all like 'Eco friendly gift wrapping'? Suvi is not to be messed with. LOL

Shishir as of now jealous enough to have smoke coming out of his ears but naturally he will never accept. *wink*

Next update very soon guys. Will make it long, with both their POV's and the gift detail!

In the meantime do try out one of my other books

I think you all may like them too.:)

1 Love, Anticlockwise.

2  The Dancing Dolphin on the blue grass.

3 Castaway –Marooned with a billionaire.

Please vote and comment dears. It will make me so happy.:)

Love, from me to you.:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8.6K 66
The story is a completed story. Interested folks can read, and if you like, please do vote and share this with others as well.. Thanks. It's a romant...
112K 4.4K 65
ใ€Šใ€Š Featured in "๐€๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ" reading list by @๐—ช๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—Ÿ๐—ถ๐˜๐—œ๐—ก ใ€‹ใ€‹ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…†๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…„๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ……๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ณ ๐Ÿ…‚๐Ÿ„ด...
267K 19.6K 27
ON HOLD Suvansh ROY. "The man for whom everything should be in a professional way. The man with natural intelligence and well settled career in neu...
146K 8K 71
" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would gladly make it easier for you by taking m...