The Heart Wants What It Wants...

By Anais_Baromeo

When I thought that I found the man of my life, I was so wrong. He was playing me all along and I was playing... More

Confession 2.0: Meet Sebastian Killers
Confession: Meet Rebekah Arden
A Note
Note
Before It All Begins
Attraction
Douchebag: Pejorative Term For An Arrogant Or Obnoxious Person
Sweet And Bitter Revenge
Heart-problems. Panic-attack. Kiss
Ignoring The Destiny
Drugged And Sentimental
The Future And The Start
A New Chapter
Information
Where It All Begins
Esther The Bitch Ohm... Cheerleaders Captain
Softcore Or Hardcore?
Shattered In Pieces
Related Songs In A Bad Timing
Useless And Inferiority
Heartache. Fights. Break-up.
A Party Turn Out Bad
Coward: Excessively Afraid Of Danger Or Pain.
I'll Let You Call Me Yours Tonight
Stupid In Love
Emotionless And Bootylicious
Turn Off Gone Wrong
School Car Wash
Stranger In The Gymnastic Showers
Not This Time Around
Messed Up Feelings And Emotions
Home To You
The Other Girl
Heart Pains And Fainting
Never Been So Heartbroken
Creatures Lurking In The Shadows
Better Than The Day Before
Beautiful With Scars And All
A Very Long Night
Close To Good But Getting There
Behold The Beast
Friday Night
Pregnancy And Birth Controls
You're A Trainwreck But......
The Party Couldn't End good Couldn't It?
Blood-loss
Nervous Breakdown And Denial
Fashion Show
Fashion Show ll
Monster
Bloodthirsty Werewolf
Oh My Baby
Mommy Dearest
Secrets Are Better Left Unsaid
Poisoned
Three Children And A Cell
Mother And Son
A Nightmare
A Curse More Than A Gift
Bad News
Moving & Kicking
Returning To School
Impersonation
Battlefield
Way Too Early
Written On The Stars
Back In Time
Graduation Day
Note: Finale
Beautiful Memories: Finale
Beautiful Memories: Decisions...Decisions
Beautiful Memories: Finale
End: Questions
Triquel Examples: Not Confirmed
Triquels
Triquel Examples: Not Confirmed
Triquel
TRIQUEL IS UP
Close to 4 million reads
Urgent Book Related
A Wife's Nightmare

Epilogue: Wish I Never

2.7K 95 4
By Anais_Baromeo

Years Later: The years past in a blink of an eye, the babies we once knew were all grown up and we couldn't be happier about it and sad at the same time, sad at the destiny that one of our children would have to face whether we like it or not. We tried the best to push it away but we knew that no matter what it will still happen.

I know destiny can be cruel sometimes but as they say, everything happens for a reason. But for whatever reason it is, a mother would never want her child to face that cruelty, that injustice. She didn't have a choice, she was born with that, she didn't just choose it. I don't know how people can be greedy and power hunger for something that wasn't theirs.

"Can I come in?" A knock snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned around to face Max who sneaked inside of the room. "What are you thinking about?" I brushed my chin with my finger as I sighed deeply. "I know that look." He stopped in front of me and brushed my arms up and down with a squeeze, leaning forward to press his warm lips against my forehead.

I closed my eyes tightly as a teardrop slipped from my eyes. "I can't, I just feel that our problems will never end." I shook my head as a sob escaped my throat and sneaked my arms around Max hips, pressing my left cheek against his chest.

"Mom? Dad? What's happening?" I wiped my tears away and pulled away from Max, facing the other way to take a deep breath and blinked my eyes away. "Are you crying mom?" I turned back around and plastered a fake smile on my face.

"No, just being silly, is nothing to worry about okay." I cupped her face and leaned her head down to kiss her forehead. "I'm just sentimental, you guys grew up so fast and made us old." I said playfully as I pulled away from her and leaned against Max who wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You guys are not old, well not that old." She teased with a grin and we both scowled at her. "What? You said we grew up fast and made you two old." I rolled my eyes at her and sighed with a smile lingering on my lips. "Anyways, Mom, Dad, there's a party and I was thinkin...."

"No, Rebekah we already talked about this, you're too young for going out on parties." Max cut her off as soon as she started and her jaw dropped, her eyes widened as she turned to look at me and I shook my head with a guilty look on my face.

"Why not?! It's not fair! My brothers are going too." She threw her hands in the air and pinned them down in a fist angrily. "I'm fifteen, not twelve! I can go to parties like a normal teen!" She rebelled and stomped her foot with a scowl.

"Rebekah, you're not going and that's final." She gasped like a fish out of water at that and whirled around with a groan, slamming the door close on her way out.

"We can't keep forbidding her do go out Max, it will happen sooner or later and forbidding her to go out won't change the way of things." He sighed deeply as we pulled each other into a hug, staying like that.

******

I was sitting in my office on my laptop handling some business when I was rudely interrupted. "It better be important." I tapped my fingers on the desk with a raised eyebrow and dropped my face as I stood up from my chair. "Where is my daughter?"

"Sir we....." I gritted out my teeth and balled out my hands, trying not to jump on them from across my desk. "She just disappeared. We went to the pack house and everything was fine until we lost sight of her."

The door burst open as Alexandra rushed inside straight toward me and bawled her eyes out. "Leave!" I barked out at them and turned my gaze back to my crying mate and my heart just shrunk. I hugged her petite body against my own and ran my hands up and down her back in a soothing manner. "We're going to find her okay, maybe she's just somewhere around the pack grounds in her wolf form."

She shook her head repeatedly as she sobbed and pulled away from me. "I feel it right here Max." She touched her heart as she looked up at me with her glossy eyes. "The day has finally come and whether we like it or not, we can't do anything about it."

I pulled her closer and leaned her head against my chest as her body trembled from the sobs leaving her mouth. "We're going to find her, mark my word." The door was knocked as Rebekah's mother Alexis stuck her head in before coming inside.

"Honey...." She pulled away from me and turned to look at her mother. "Come here." She flung herself at her and cried out again, her broken sobs filling the room. "I know it hurts baby but we're going to find her."

She looked at me and nodded her head before taking Alexandra out of my office. I sighed deeply and walked toward my desk, sitting on my chair and leaned forward to grab the phone. "I need your help." I gritted out in the phone, hoping that I was doing the right thing.

******

There was a knock on the door before one of my pack members walked in. "The Alpha of Dusk Killers is here Alpha." I nodded my head and mentioned him to let them in. I leaned in my chair and pressed my eyes closed as I let out a deep breath.

"What do you need my help for? Your family put a curse on my family, so tell me, why I should help you?" Ah, Sebastian Killers. Youngest Alpha at only Seventeen and the jerk who broke my daughter's heart. I hope I'm doing the right thing because I wanted nothing but to kill this boy for breaking my little girl's heart.

"My daughter..." At the mention of my daughter his ears perked up and I knew I had his attention. He can fool anyone but not me, I was seventeen once. He was so in love with my daughter...ah seventeen and whipped already, good times.

"What about her?" He tried to sound indifferent but the worry was visible from miles away. "You ask me for help about your daughter? What? Can't control her." Yep, and he's a dick too. Was I like that at seventeen? Please I hope not.

"My daughter was kidnapped because of her powers. We need to find her as soon as possible because they want to use it for their own selfish reasons." I gritted out angrily as I clenched and unclenched my hands.

"And why should I help you? You cursed me!" He banged his fist on my desk, his eyes swirling red and black before they went back to their normal color. "Your family deserved it like all the other families that tried to take our powers away from us for their own! They were nothing but greedy and power hunger, especially your father!" I banged my fist on my desk and leaned forward, my eyes looking right into his soul.

"Don't talk about my father like that! You're the reason why my family was torn apart! Your family of witches turned me into a monster! How can I be with your daughter if the only thing in my mind is to kill her! I see her and I see what your family did to mine. She looks at me with those beau-golden eyes of my enemy and I feel nothing but disgust toward her." He spat out at the ground and I flung over my desk, grabbing him by his neck.

"I swear to God that if you hurt her I will kill you, I won't care if you're a child or not but no one, no one hurts my daughter you hear me. My family was the one who put a curse on you, my daughter had nothing to do with this, so leave her out of this!" His beta and Gamma pulled me away from him and I spat out at him. "Your family deserved everything that happened to them."

"Well I guess that your daughter deserves what's happening to her right now." His lips broke into an arrogant smirk and I swung my fist at him, straight into his jaw. "Ah, Maximinus. One thing your filthy family of witches blessed me with was the power of healing. So don't waste your time beating me to pulp because I will heal as soon as your hands leave my skin."

"That filthy family of witches made your life a living hell, so why beat you to pulp when you're already living with the guilt of killing your own father, your flesh, your own blood." He went to attack me but his Beta got in the way. "Ah, still a touchy subject for you? My bad."

He was about to talk when he stumbled forward with a cry. "What are you doing to me?" He cried out again in agony and gripped the desk. "I swear to God that if this is one of your tricks I'll kill you with my bare hands." He cracked the desk as he grunted animalisticaly.

"I'm not doing anything!" I hissed back at him furiously and walked toward him as he felt on his knees. "I think I might know what's happening." I stopped behind him and raised his shirt, blood running down his back. "And this is not good."

"What is happening?!" He gritted out as he cried out again in agony, more blood pouring out of his skin but no wounds. I inspected his back and knitted my eyebrows in confusion, I never saw something like this before, Mate body-link connection, stronger than a mate connection, so much stronger.

"Body-link, I never saw mates with body-link connection before. I would be enjoying this if it wasn't because my daughter is suffering as much as you or so much worse. So, will you help now? Or you want to continue to suffer like this?"

He turned around to look up at me with hard eyes and nodded his head while gritting his teeth. "Remember that I'm doing this to make this pain go away, not because I want you daughter." I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head before extending my hand. He looked at it and pushed himself up from the ground.

"Whatever you say boy, I was your age once. I did stupid things too just like you're doing but at the end of the day. There's nothing better than your mate. No matter how full of hatred you are. it will slowly slip away and you'll realize that it wasn't worth it and it could be already too late."

"I don't need your advice Maximinus." God help me with this ignorant asshole, was this the way Alexandra's father felt when he talked to me? Funny how the roles have turned, I was now in his place, itching to kill the guy who was playing with my daughter's heart. "Your daughter will be here by the end of the day." And with that, he walked out of the door with his Beta and Gamma following after him.

Moon goodness, you finally made me pay for everything I did in my teenage years by paring my daughter with this incompetent asshole. I hope you know what you're doing because is sure don't.

****

Like Sebastian promised, he brought my daughter back by the end of the day, the moment he walked inside of the house, I knew everything changed. I saw it in his eyes, he wasn't the same Sebastian that walked inside of my office.

The way he looked at my daughter was nothing like he described in my office, his eyes were holding nothing but determination. Determination of what, I don't know. "I know that look, you don't have to tell me that you were right. The moment I looked at her I felt my hatred slowly slipping away and I was left with the need of protecting her. I never thought that someday this beast inside of me would care for something other than blood but it did."

"You love her Sebastian, I saw it the moment I told you about my daughter being kidnapped but you masked it away with hatred. I know how hard it is to be away from your mate, been there, done that and I still regret it till this day that I let the hatred get the best of me."

"Do you think I want this? Do you think I want to stay away from my mate? I'm a monster, been told that quite a lot that I actually believe it." He laughed out humorlessly. "Silly of me right? But I did. I can't love her if I can't love myself for who I really am, a monster."

"That's not true Sebastian, you aren't a monster. Let me tell you this Sebastian, you were born with the curse for some reason, you just need to find yourself so you can finally be free. Your wolf only shows you what you want to believe, you think you're a monster than he'll show you a monster. If you want to be good, he'll show you how kind he can be."

"I don't think that there could be any kindness inside of my soul." He let out a short laugh and ran his hand through his hair. "I made her a promise." He started to say out of nowhere. "And I don't know how to start with that promise."

"Why don't you start by getting to know her better?" I know that I will regret this later but he was my daughter's mate, I know that there would be a lot of heartbreaks in the future but as a father, I need to let her go through that on her own. Let her make her own choices whether I like them or not because at the end of the day, the heart wants what it wants.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 692 19
I never wanted this to happen. I never meant to fall in love, but I did and now look at what happened - I ruined everything. I told him I was a reckl...
716 20 51
PLEASE READ: I wrote this book when I was 15 and I am working on making a better version with different character names. Thank you I couldn't look a...
787K 18.1K 62
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
12.7K 358 4
You and Chris had been friends since childhood, you were nearly siblings. Over the span of all of your years with Chris you had known your limit with...