The Devil's Grin - A One Piec...

By 87firestrike

Everything has changed. I was once considered great and powerful. But I was betrayed by those I thought I cou... More

Chapter one- A New Beginning
The Makings of a Crew
The Swordsman
The Girl That Draws Maps and the Boy Who Lies
What Makes a Cook
Finding a Cook and a Doctor
The Shipwright and a Bag of Bones
The Girl Called a Demon
I Over Slept
I Hate Cats
Run Its a Rapist
Enter: The Tempest of the Seas
Sneezes Can Be Deadly
Lets Find a Cook; What's Wrong With Nami?
A Declaration of Might. The Cook's Fight Begins
Truths and Lies. Fight Like a Man
Don Creed Defeated.
Nami's Plight and A New Contract Made?
A Broken Promise The Heroe's Entrance
The Mark of War.
The Fight for the Navigator. Nami, You Are My Friend.
Arlong's Reign Ends Nami Joins the Crew
Dreams. Welcome to Lougetown!
Wanderings in Lougetown. Another bearer of the Mark?!
Winds of Change. Journey to the Grande Line!
Enter the Grande Line A Whale?!
Follower Appreciation
Our Adventure Begins! Tranquility Comes Aboard
Whiskey Peaks Welcomes You
Battle of the Marks!? Wait! Who Bares the Mark?
Howdy Miss All Sundays. The All Seeing Eye
What Happened?!
The Second Snail The Game
April Fool's Special
The Third Snail - Wait?! What?! Oh, OK. The Fourth Snail - The Wedding
Prison Can Be Fun
Followers Apre-ach!!*#&#&รท *toss* *crash* *slam!*
Trip Down Memory Lane - A Storm of Blue Crossover
Author's Note (You really might want to read this.)
Escape! What'd I Miss?
Let's Go Back a Bit
Happy Birthday!!!!
Who Is Frost? Tempest and Current
Let's Return To Our Adventurers - An Island in the Sky?!
Monkey's Business and Jaya Island
Jaya! The Pirate's Playhouse!
Followers Appreciation
Can We Really Make It?
To Eat Or Not To Eat?
The Flower Blooms
Welcome to Sky Island!!
Promises From a Demon
A New Family Member Or One That Wasn't Seen? Let the Games Begin!
Calgura or Wiper? Fight For Survival!
Taking Down 'God'
Light Pirates Are Born!
RANDOMOSITY
Here and Now.
A Game of Chess, A Fishing Lesson
Who Wins and Who Loses
Deeper Than Blood
Holiday Special
You Ruined the Fight!=(
The Government's Articuno.
Fight For a New Name. Who Knew Trains Could Float?
Thank You. Good Bye.
Special
The World Cries
Rescue Mission
Denied!?
The Feelings of Our Hearts
Salvation or Damnation
My Curse
Ohara: First Meeting
2 Year Celebration :'(
Ohara: Strange Is As Strange Does
Ohara Burns
Danny Boy
Behind Blue Eyes
Farewells
The Ice Room
Why Wait?
Three Days
For War We Prepare
The Auction
Author's Note
Izume Ame
Separation
What Happens Now?
The Goddess of the Sea
Haunted Past
Ace in Danger!
Everyone Else
Ace, Roger, and D
Prelude to War
A Battlefield is a Living Graveyard
Even If It Kills Me
The Turning Point?
Big 100! Return of Daddy's Law

The First Snail-What Started It All

687 49 14
By 87firestrike

I hope your all enjoying the story so far. We are almost to our next follower/reader dedication so if you want to be a part of it then vote or comment or show your support for this story in some way. Also if you want to see the cover for my future story D.I.R.T then you can go to TribalWolfGirl and take a look at her covers shop. Enjoy!

@(!*×_×£#¥/÷&&

"Hey guys!" Luffy called out to everyone that was standing by the mast but they ignored him. "Let's go tell them what we saw." Luffy turned to Vivi who was still disoriented from her transformation. After a moment she nodded and they began walking.

As they approached he could here them talking about Vivi. "I have not seen Miss Vivi since before waking up." Tranquility looked concerned as she spoke.

"You guys are not going to believe what's on those surveillance snails." Luffy laughed as he remembered the crazy stuff that had happened. Everyone was silent for a moment before they all began speaking at once.

"Where were you Vivi?" "What happened to you?" "Why did you watch the snails without us?!" "Why can't I get this dress off?!" Everyone bombarded them with questions.

"I'll answer a couple questions but most of the answers are on the snails." Luffy spoke loudly getting them to quiet down. He looked around at each person. "D isn't here?"

"We have not been able to find father at all Luffy." Tranquility answered as she looked down at her feet. This was the first time she had been without her father when visiting the outside world.

"Well I'm sure he'll turn up eventually. He once left me in a pit of snakes for a week cause he forgot." Luffy laughed. Everyone shared a look. That wasn't something you just laughed off. "Anywho let's get started." Luffy turned and led everyone to where the snails were sitting.

"I'll answer the questions about Vivi and then we can watch the videos." Luffy turned to face everyone. "She was the doll." He stated before turning back around to work with the snails.

"What?!" They all exclaimed in surprise.

"She was the doll glued to me." He spoke over his shoulder and continued working with the snails. "D turned her into a giant plushie doll on accident and then glued her to me by accident when I tried to help her."

"So it was all an accident?" Sanji asked hopefully.

"Yup." Luffy nodded. "Everything except the wedding." He grinned as Sanji and Zoro slumped to the ground. So it really did happen. "Alright it's ready." Luffy hit a button on the first snail and the world went dark.

Twin bursts of water erupted on each side of the Going Merry surprising the entire crew. Two thumps sounded as Tempest and Current each landed on the far ends of the main deck. Lightning surrounded Tempest's hand as she took a fighting stance. On the other side stood Current. Streams of water swirled around her as she scanned the occupants of the ship.

"It's time to put you down father." Tempest growled as she glared at D. Instinctively the crew moved to surround the two invaders. Nami and Ussop were closest to Current and so they pulled out their weapons. Zoro and Luffy was nearer to Tempest and so they prepared themselves for a fight. Sanji stepped in front of Tranquility to protect her, which pleased Tranquility. Miss All Sundays and D remained where they was. And in the center of it all was Vivi who was looking at each of the groups clearly confused.

"Are we really going to have to fight each other?" Luffy asked Tempest.

"You chose your side when you accepted his Mark." Tempest's voice was cold. "This was how it was going to end from the start."

Luffy looked at the Mark on his arm. Sighing softly he clenched his fist and took up a fighting stance. "Together we can take her." Zoro nodded and grinned. He was always eager to test himself.

"Sorry but it's a thousand years to early for you to have a chance." Tempest smiled as her empty hand rose up to sit at eye level. Realizing she was going to try something Luffy and Zoro rushed forward but they was too late. Tempest snapped her fingers causing a thunder clap that defend all of the mortals. Disoriented everyone collapsed, except Zoro who had managed to remain standing.

Blood dripped from his ear yet he kept his blade directed at Tempest's chest. Tempest growled as she steeled herself for what must be done. He was only human anyways. She moved faster than he could follow, bring her lightning forward to pierce his chest.

"Enough!" D suddenly appeared between Tempest and Zoro, blocking the attack. "This fight ends now!" He crossed his arms before him at the elbows. All three of his daughters' eyes widened in surprise. "Activate: Daddy's Law!" He shouted as he slid his arms down each other. The moment his fingers crossed a bright light engulfed everything blinding everyone.

Once the light faded the Strawhats stood up surprised. They hadn't known what D had done but after that light they had expected a lot of damage. Instead everything was exactly how it had been before, except that they could now hear again.

"How can you access something so powerful?!" Tempest screamed at D. Suddenly her body freaked out as if hit by electricity. Her mouth opened in a silent cry.

"You should know better than to act out once Daddy's Law has been activated." D sighed as he touched her forehead. Instantly her body relaxed leaving her gasping. "Do you plan on doing anything?" He asked as he looked at Current. She shook her head furiously, fear in her eyes.

"No daddy." She squeaked as she released her control over the water. Causing it to fall to the deck, half of it on Ussop.

"Hey?!" Ussop sputtered in surprise. "What was that for?"

"I'm so sorry!" Current cried out. She waved her hand and all the water on him flew away. Only too much water went leaving him looking dried out.

"Wahtor!" Ussop groaned.

"Oh no!" Current threw more water at him leaving him soaked again. Which she apologized for and removed the water again, again leaving him dried out. The process repeated itself several more times before D got involved.

"Let me handle it." He chuckled as he waved his hand hydrating Ussop without soaking him. "Better?"

"Thanks." Ussop gave him a thumbs up before collapsing, his body having gone through too much.

"Leave him." D instructed before Current could move towards him. She pouted slightly but was still too afraid to go against her father in their current situation. D waved a hand and a chair rose from the deck. As he sat down his hands began to shake.

"Father." Tranquility moved to his side and took his hands in her's. "Are you ok?" She asked, concern breaking the fear.

"Yes." His shoulders shook as he sighed. "Using such a strong ability is taxing. If only I had more room to move it would be easier."

"Your a monster." Tempest growled as she moved to stand in front of him. D eyebrow shot up. "So what games are we going to play?" She crossed her legs and sat down.

"Games?!"Nami exclaimed in surprise. The shock had worn off and now she was worrying about what would happen to her friends.

"Yay games!" Luffy chuckled as he ran in circles. "I love D's games." Then he stopped and looked around. "Good, no jungle." Then he ran and sat down beside Tempest. "I'm going to win." He grinned.

"Whoa, back up!" Nami exclaimed. "First you wanted to fight us and now you want to sit down and play a game?!"

"Yah, what she said!" Ussop joined in from behind the mast. "If you want to fight were not scared."

"You legs are shaking." Miss All Sundays pointed out.

"There shaking in excitement!" Ussop shouted, while trying to stop his legs. "I'm the mighty Captain Ussop. Scourge of the Seas. Men fear me and women love me."

"What women?" Current bat her eyelashes as she smiled. "I'd be happy to send them to a volcano." Ussop looked at her unsure if she was serious or not.

"They don't play willingly." Tranquility sighed as she sat on a seat her father grew for her. "It is part of Daddy's Law. A game must be played and a winner chosen. The only choice we really have now is what game to play."

"So we have to play a game but we get to choose what game?" Zoro asked. Tranquility nodded. "How about Russian Roulette? I'm really good at that." Everyone stared at him. "What, it's an easy game to win."

"The man must have the devil's own luck." Current whispered to which the rest of the crew nodded.

"Russian Roulette has been ruled out." D spoke, his voice echoing slightly.

"What was that?" Ussop asked. "Why did he sound like that?"

"It's part of the game." Tempest answered. "I suggest marbles."

"No way." Tranquility shook her head. "You cheat."

"I do not!" Tempest retorted. The crew watched in surprise as the two argued, slowly slipping into an attitude of sisters.

"I don't like marbles." Luffy shook his head. "There hard to digest."

"Marbles has been ruled out." D once again echoed.

"Don't just say any random crap Straw Hat!" Tempest shouted as she smacked him. "If two or more people don't want to play a game then it gets ruled out." Luffy made an 'Oh' face.

"Then how do you decide on a game with a lot of players?" Miss All Sundays asked. "If doubt to could find a game that doesn't have at least two people that say no."

"If we can't come to a decision than a game is picked at random." Current piped in. "Or else it's the game that the least amount of people want to play."

"Also we each get one suggestion." Tranquility added. "Otherwise you could be deciding for along time."

"So Zoro and Tempest don't get to suggest games anymore." Nami pointed out. Tranquility nodded.

After that they each took turns suggesting games. Nami suggested hide and seek. Tranquility pointed out that there wasn't many places to hide and that current and Tempest would just hide in the water. "Hide and Seek has been ruled out."

Ussop suggested darts. Nami shut him down saying he was the one that would win and Miss All Sundays didn't feel like playing, Current thought it was the best idea ever. "Darts has been ruled out."

Luffy suggested jungle adventures. Tempest, Tranquility, and Current all shook their head furiously. "Jungle Adventures has been ruled out."

Sanji suggested a cooking match. Tranquility thought it would be interesting. Zoro said no way which started the two fighting. "Cooking Match and Fighting has been ruled out." No one could figure out who had suggested fighting or why it was ruled out.

Tranquility wanted to try drawing. Nami liked the idea. So did Luffy. After they thought about Luffy's art skills no one really felt like drawing. "Drawing has been ruled out."

Current wanted to play follow the leader and even suggested that Ussop be the leader. Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji instantly said no. "Follow the Leader has been ruled out."

Vivi suggested I Spy, which everyone but Luffy and Zoro liked. Luffy said he could never figure out what everyone was trying to find and Zoro said the directions were always wrong. "I Spy has been ruled out." They we're running out of options.

"How about tag?" Nami suggested after thinking for a while. "It's a fun game."

"How would you decide who is the winner?" Tempest groaned. They had been trying to choose a game for hours. She'd never had this many people a part of Daddy's Law before.

"How about you have a limited amount of 'lives'?" Ussop suggested. "And each round the first person to run out of lives is it next round."

"There is still the issue of Tempest and Current just jumping in the ocean." Miss All Sundays pointed out.

Before Ussop could make a suggestion Tranquility spoke. "Miss Nico would win every time she was it."

"Who is Miss Nico?" Ussop asked. But before anyone could answer D spoke. "Tag has been ruled out."

"Are you kidding me?!" Tempest screamed. She stood up and stomped over to Miss All Sundays. "You better have a good suggestion!"

"How about Truths and Dares?" Miss All Sundays shrugged.

"No!!!!" Tempest, Current, and Tranquility all screamed at the same time. "Truths and Dares has been selected." D's voice echoed from all sides.

Tranquility fell to her knees and started crying while Current tried jumping overboard. "You've doomed us all." Tempest moaned as D stood up.

"So what are we playing?" He looked around confused. "What's wrong?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131 4 3
what if luffy was separated from his brothers and family, what if he grew up someplace else, what if he didn't have a devil fruit power, what if he f...
5.2K 195 37
Two years after that great war that broke out between the Mafia forces and the World Government in their headquarters in the middle of the ocean on G...
2.9K 43 9
' what ever path you take will be the one that will make you happy' Y/N a new member of the straw hats enjoys her life as a pirate and gains a conne...
32.5K 572 14
Monkey D Kai was born in the land of Want along with a girl named Yamato. They both were mistreated alot as they wanted be free. One day they managed...