The Dark Blue

By Cellienda

Audree Melany can read auras, people moods. While knowing everyone's true nature and seeing through lies she... More

Prologue
Ch 1. The New Light Appearing
Ch 2. Unsensed Fight
Ch 3. I Have To Tell You Something
Ch 4. Secret That's Been Heard
Ch 5. Unexpected Contact
Ch 6. More Than Expected
Ch 7. Sudden Change
Ch 8. Evolve
Ch 9. Disappearing
Ch 10. I See It
Ch 11. Not Getting It
Ch 12. Not Me
Ch 13. My Fear
Ch 14. Cry Party
Ch 15. Ready
Ch 16. A Faraway Dreamland
Ch 17. Being In The Spotlight
Ch 18. Fight
Ch 19. Just Not Working
Ch 20. Finding It
Ch 21. Stopping Time
Ch 22. What Can I Ever Understand
Ch 23. Going To Achieve It
Ch 24. Knowing What To Do
Ch 25. Like Father, Like Daughter
Ch 26. What Do We Have Here?
Ch 27. Don't Want To Feel Anything
Ch 28. Reek Of Light
Ch 29. Can't Let You
Ch 30. Help Me
Ch 31. Can't Move
Ch 32. Forget It All
Ch 33. Share
Ch 34. Sorry
Ch 35. Let's Get To The Business
Ch 36. Everyone Against Audree
Ch 37. No Life
Ch 38. It Takes Time
Ch 39. On The Right Track
Ch 40. Go
Ch 41. Lines
Ch 42. Dark
Ch 43. Bloodstains
Ch 44. Sealed Lips
Ch 46. Confusing
Ch 47. Updating Me
Ch 48. Coach You
Ch 49. A.J Virtue
Ch 50. A Lot To Work On
Ch 51. I Will Show You
Ch 52. The Start
Ch 53. Push-up Bras
Ch 54. Shoulder of The Judges
Ch 55. I Miss You
Ch 56. Right
Ch 57. Are You A Jerk
Ch 58. Mine
Ch 59. No Rush
Ch 60. Welcome To West Bite
Ch 61. Celebration?
Ch 62. No One Else Has This
Ch 63. Gamble
Ch 64. Free
Ch 65. Clucking Sounds
Ch 66. Stay
Ch 67. Challenge Accepted
Ch 68. Embarrassment
Ch 69. Mistake
Ch 70. Certain
Ch 71. Truth
Ch 72. Zach
Ch 73. Click
Ch 74. Frustration
Ch 75. Cheers

Ch 45. I Don't Trust Anyone

165 5 0
By Cellienda

Myellou everybody!

_____________________

"Is it because of Craig?"

He saw through me immediately, hitting the exact point. "Yes." I unexpectedly frowned. I wasn't prepared for him to know. Maybe I was too obvious. Maybe all of the judges knew how scared I was of him.

"DING DING DING!!!" he suddenly yelled, scaring me enough to jump right up in the air. "That Craigo."

I was stuttering a bit, not sure of what I was supposed to do next. I wanted it so badly. But I couldn't accept that offer no matter what.

"Craigo man. Craigo man. Craigo man."

"I'm not going to change my mind." I told him with serious eyes. It felt like he was trying to worm his way into changing my decision.

"No, sweetheart!!!" Andrew was shrieking out loud as if it was a big misunderstanding. "Sweetie. No. No. No!" I had always liked how Andrew was far from serious and always had fun in his way, but it had soon become a tedious act as I was getting impatient along with my curiousness.

"Can you please get to the point?" I asked him, trying to keep my annoyance surreptitiously hidden. I looked over at Red to keep an eye on him, and saw him sitting on the staircase connected to his apartment.

Andrew finally picked up my order and put on the most solid face he could manage to hold. Well, the most serious one I had seen so far. Which wasn't that serious to begin with.

"Since I saw you perform... I've decided to leave the agency. I never really liked West Bite."

"You're leaving?" I shouted, noticing my shrill voice after hearing myself. Why would he leave West Bite because of me? He seemed to get along with the other judges there.

"Yup. West Bite is a bit creepy. Creepy, creepy, creepy!" he started singing, losing his mask.

"Sedate, Andrew, sedate."

"Oh." he grinned. I wondered a bit how he was as a kid. He must had been very hyperactive, seeing him as an adult being high like that. "Well, West Bite is a bit evil. I've seen their ugly side since I was in one of the highest positions of the agency. But anyways, I'm going to leave."

It didn't have anything to do with me. I didn't understand why he was telling me about it since I had nothing to do with it. "And?"

"I'm going to start something new!!!" he yelled, making lots of noises, as if he was celebrating. It wasn't the time to be celebrating since Red lost it and grabbed my shoulders so that I could stay away from Andrew. He had gotten really protective, always thinking that I was in danger all the time. I was the danger magnet after all.

"See?" I sighed. "Stop that, you're scaring people."

"Sorry." Andrew apologized to Red, but it didn't change a thing.

"So?"

"So?" he stole my line. "So what?! I'M STILL A ROCK STAR!!!"

"So!!!" I snapped at him.

"Please join my new agency."

"Don't listen to him." Red told me. "He's crazy." He was ready about to drag me back with him to the apartment but I stood there, petrified. I felt something. I wanted to do it. I trusted Andrew. It just felt like the right choice. Like it was something I needed to do; the right path for me.

"Red." I mumbled, tugging onto his comfortable soft jersey. He was surprised of how I was suddenly initiating to touch him since I had never dared to before. "I think that I should."

"Are you crazy? He's no one you can trust! He'll do something weird to you!" He kept grabbing my arms so that I wouldn't take any further step, but I snapped at him, hitting his hand away.

"No. I think that this will work out." I smiled, stubbornly trying to convince him.

"How do you know?!"

"It feels right." I wanted to start over. I didn't want to join a huge company where they all had power over me, to give me fast fame. I wanted to work it up by myself, and make people recognize me for who I am, not where I'm from. I just didn't want to have people think that my fame was only through my agency.

"You trust people too much." Red yelled. He was furious, but still his aura was neutral and empty. It was like seeing Zach since his aura was always like that, but I kept recalling how Red's aura used to be before he met me and changed his habits, making his bad self disappear along with his aura.

I didn't agree with him. I had a hard time trusting people. Especially boys, since dad left me. I had the aura thing, so every time I saw something suspicious within people's auras I lost my trust for them immediately. He was wrong. I didn't trust people too much. I had serious issues with that.

"No, I don't."

"What if the same thing happens?" I didn't know why he was so stubborn. Why he was so protective over me. I had only known Red for some months, and only met him around five times if not more. Yet, I was dwelling on how to alter his objective, but recalled something I didn't notice until the replay in my head. What if the same thing happens again. What if the same thing happens again. It took me a moment until the final realization entered my brain. What in the world did he mean by that?

The only conclusion that I could pull off was that he was referring to the incident when Steve the jerk lured me. However, the only thing I thought was weird, was that Red knew about it. How could he know about something I had never told him?

"How do you know about what happened?" I asked him suspiciously, trying to erode my slight fear. I automatically enhanced weird leery thoughts about Red, thinking that he was a stalker. But I didn't want to jump into conclusions, as I tried my hardest to supress my feelings into my act. 

He peered over at Andrew, who was cracking up about something within his own world, then back to me; as if he was trying to discreetly hide, and check the circumstances. Red looked nervous to me, like he had messed up. "What are you talking about?" he tried to cover it up. "Hey, it's getting hot here so let's go back in."

He was attempting a change of topic, to avoid my question. "Why are you not answering?" I grabbed his wrist, I kept pulling him closer, since he wanted to get farther away.

"I..." he kept stuttering.

"You're talking about Steve, aren't you?" I was feeling bad since I kept pushing him into a corner. But my curiosity wouldn't let my consideration take over. "How do you know about Steve? I never told you about him."

"No... You didn't. I..." Red looked away, scratching the back of his head, deeply engulfed into his actions. He then directed his gaze to me, and finally settled down for a answer. "I heard from Krystal."

"Krystal told you?" I scowled. I couldn't trust his words to the fullest, but I wouldn't understand why he'd lie to me, because it would make no sense. 

"Yes. Actually, when you were gone she called me and asked if I was with you. She told me later what had happened to you."

I hit my forehead with my palm. It did explain why he was so overprotective. After hearing something like that I could finally grasp his feelings.

"It won't stop me. I do whatever I want."

He was probably smiling behind that hood. His skin did twitch in a way that made his whole body a bit more stiff, or rather just making him radiate a new feeling. "Don't you think that I know it already?" snickered Red, slightly chuckling. I could finally feel how he knew that he couldn't do a thing to change my mind, and just went along.

"Am I ruining a nice moment?" laughed Andrew, jumping in right between us. I was about to chortle when he was making our nice moment into some comedy scene, but I stopped it before I could interpret what happened. I only heard a small smack, and saw Andrew fall down on the floor.

"I still don't trust you." Red snarled, with his knuckles getting slightly red (Oh, the comedy when his name is Red!) after hitting Andrew's arm. "So don't get near me!!!"

"Red, seriously he's not dangerous at all!" I respired, with annoyance building up inside of me as I helped Andrew up from the ground. He was awkwardly quiet from the smack, and there was a tense atmosphere after being desolated, as he was always the one filling it with happiness.

"I don't trust anyone."

I expected that Andrew would jump into those situations where something gets out of control, or when there's a bad feeling lurking around, but Andrew was still absent in his surroundings with his head losing control. He had finally understood the critical situation when Red was mad, keeping quiet; which was a good choice. But not for me. For me, I felt panicky when I didn't know what to say to his lines, not giving me a clue whether I should answer or not.

"You don't trust me?" I mumbled, gazing up at him with big glittery eyes just to prove him wrong.

"I don't."

I scowled, not knowing what to say. I hadn't expected him to give me a negative nor such a straightforward answer. "You don't?"

He was suddenly laughing. But it was a weird laugh, as if he was thinking about something bad at the same time, making it more bitter. Red looked upset this time, seeming like I had asked something too obvious. He went back to his apartment, and glanced back at me before entering.

"I don't trust anyone."

__________________________

OOOO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347 25 21
Mandy was always one to falsely romanticize her life. She found her first love at a young age in her Martial Arts class, and wrote a love letter to h...
530 3 29
And there he was. Looking right at me with an astonishment look on his face. His lips parted slightly, his face drained away with no color. His haz...
40.3K 826 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
345K 13.9K 39
*Completed* ||"Actually, Mr Parker. We were showing the new girl to her class." Seth says as he pushes me forward, in front of the whole class. Serio...