The Unified Soul

By Rubyrose645

My Mother and Father told me a long time ago a story about a cursed soul and a blessed soul that were united... More

Before we begin
Running....
The Child....
A Start
House visit
Frozen Outside
My First Cat-Tastrophe
Decoration Fight
Mistletoe Wars
Mistletoe Wars PT. 2
The Perfect Tree
The First Christmas
Happy Birthday, Airis!
The Weird Man with the White Hair
Burning Love
The Neighborhood Play Pt. 1
The Neighborhood Play pt. 2
The Neighborhood Play pt. 3
Aftermath
Playdate
Valentine's Day
The Date begins
Valentine's Surprise
Little Brother Ro'Meave
Don't Tell Mom PT. 1
Don't Tell Mr. Aaron PT. 2
Ms. Aphmau In Love
Ms. Aphmau's Best Friends
My First A-con
Cosplay and Surprise Performance
Aaron and Aphmau
Welcome to Love~Love Paradise!!
Beach Puppy
Blast From The Past
A New Relationship
Boy-Shopping!
Title
The Date
Camp of Love Pt. 1
Camp of Love pt. 2
Love~Love Waterpark!!
Aphmau In Trouble
Hula Secrets
Travis vs. Eric
Doggy Days
Night with Secrets
Mom's surprise
Heading Home pt. 1
Heading Home pt. 2
The Bigger Move
Title
New Job for Garroth
Aaron's Sister
Cat and New Home
Our New Home
Shopping....! Again...
Baby Brother Zane?
Airis' Sick Day
A T-Rex with a Chancla
Falling in Love
Fall Maze
Searching for Maid Cafe
Maids and Butlers
Shower Storm
Grand Opening!πŸ’•
Halloween Party!
Trick or Treat!
Cat Ear Cafe Day!
Cooking Chaos
Surprise Date
Worried About Being Gone
Silently Missing You
Please Come Home
Please... stay with us.
First Family Christmas
Tree Picking with Derek Lycan
Holiday Magic
The Perfect Christmas
Marry My Daughter
Aphmau the Bride
New Year, New Life
Potion Making
To The Snow!
My Emerald Secret
Unexpected Visitors
Mysteries
Kiss Attack
Missing and Shadows
Search for Zane
"He's Trapped"
Snow Storm
Stuck in the Snow
Caverns and Fear
The Alpha, Omega.... Or the Ultima
Crimson
You're Never Alone
Will You Be Here For Me
Always....
I Love You... Always
Awakening
Letters and Recovery
Light of a New Year
I've Missed You
Werewolf Kiss
Always Be The One
Scars
Alpha Aaron
An Ultima's Eyes
You're Here Too?
He's here....
Off To Starlight!!
Dream Come True
Time with the Pack
I Understand
What Do I Do?!
Make Me Like You...
Choose...
Family Secrets
Their Choice
Aphmau In Pain
Ears and Tails
Hiding!
It's Time...
We're Engaged!
Break In
Aphmau's Ex-Crush
Wedding Bells
Hitting on Aaron
The Business of Forever Potions
Cursed Secrets. Uncertain Future
Breaking in!
The Girl In White
The Staff of Aine
Tale of the Ultima's Promise
The Ultima Brothers
Betrayal and Chains
Blessed and Cursed
Airis Aine Lycancias
When Angels Fall
A Demon Masked
Stay With Me

Our Uncertain Future

317 10 11
By Rubyrose645

Everyone was stunned, confused and terrified. Those who did know that Airis was an Ultima were stunned that she revealed this secret to the Ro'Meave's, even Airis was a little stunned to see that she revealed such a hidden secret. But she knew that it had to be done. Garte was calling her father a monster, thus indirectly calling her a monster because they both shared the same curse. Though the curses weren't the same in some ways, they still came from the same source and the God of Wolves, so they were both monsters.

But for those who didn't know that she was an Ultima, there were mixed feelings and emotions towards this news. Zianna was nervous, scared and confused. This little girl that she loved as if she was her own grandchild was an Ultima like Aaron. She was sweet, loving, caring, nothing like the monster that the Ultima was painted out to be. And deep down, no matter how scared or confused she was, Zianna would always love Airis despite her curse. Airis glanced over at Zianna and gave her a smile, like nothing was wrong. That's when Zianna knew that Airis would never hurt them. She was there healing her son, a man Airis loved as an Uncle.

Garte on the other hand, already blinded by anger towards Aaron, was blind to everything he knew about Airis. The loving and happy little girl he once knew was now shaded by the thought of being an Ultima, the same kind of monster that nearly killed his son. Without even thinking, he ran up to Airis and grabbed her by her free arm trying to pull her away from Garroth.

"Get away from my son!" He shouted and pulled her back, almost making her lose her balance and fall to the floor.

"Garte! Get your hands off her!" Derek shouted.

"Let go of my daughter!" Aaron added just as angrily.

"Mr. Garte, please, let me go back to him, I can help." Airis begged.

"What could a monster like you do to help my son?" Garte shouted directly at Airis, the little girl shaking in fear, "How do I know that you won't go ahead and finish the job?"

"Please, I'm begging you. I can help your son, just let me do it. I won't hurt him, I promise." 

Garte growled in anger and spun her around towards the rest of her family, Aaron grabbing her and holding her in his arms protectively. Aphmau was beyond shocked. For as long as she's known Garroth and Zane's father, he was nothing but kind and generous. But this man, the one staring at her Fiancé and daughter with so much hate and anger, this wasn't the Garte Ro'Meave she remembered.

Airis struggled in Aaron's grip, trying to get back to Garroth's side to heal him, but Aaron wouldn't let her go.

"Papa, let me go! Please, I have to help him! I don't want him to go through this pain!" Airis begged to her father.

"You're not going anywhere near my son!" Garte shouted.

"Garte, please." Zianna said and held her husband's arm to calm him, "The doctor said so herself, Airis' power to heal was helping him. Remember how calm he was before you dragged her away from him?"

Just then, Garroth's pain filled grunts came back. Though his breathing was steady and his condition was stable, the pain-filled expression on his face returned along with the rest of his terrible pain. Airis' eyes widened with fear as her struggle to get out of her father's grip got stronger.

"Papa, let me go now!" She shouted and broke from his tight grip, surprising all of the adults. A werewolf's grip is strong, but an Ultima's grip is stronger, so for a small child to break from his grip said something about her strength as well. Airis was about to run back to Garroth's bedside, when she was stopped by Garte and his glare of hatred.

"I told you not to come anywhere near my son!" Garte shouted.

"Garte, that's enough shouting. She's just a child!" Derek shouted and tried to get Airis back towards them, but Airis always took a step closer. Just then, from hearing all the shouting upstairs, Zane ran up the stairs to see what was wrong.

"Guys, what's going on? I heard screaming and--" Zane said.

"Zane get away from them now!" Garte shouted, confusing his son, "Those two are Ultimas!"

"I know they're Ultimas, but they won't hurt any of us. What Aaron did was an accident and he feels horrible what happened." Zane explained.

"I don't care how sorry he is, he should've been able to control his temper and his eyes--"

"But even an Ultima that's in control of his eyes can lose that control every now and again." Airis shouted and brought attention back to her, "Considering everything that we've been through, what Papa's been through his whole life, the fact that the both of us have gone through all of this without turning anyone is pretty good progress to me, don't you think?"

"I don't care how long you've gone without turning someone through your eyes, it should never happen in the first place." Garte shouted back.

"Oh, so now because Aaron's turned someone one time by accident you think that everything he's been through has been for nothing?! Real piece of work you are, Garte!" Derek shouted back in Airis' place.

Garte, fueled by nothing but his rage, was about to stomp closer to Aaron, Derek and Airis, when something stopped him. 

"Leave them be!" A powerful voice growled at Garte, making him take a step back. Airis was surprised to see the white wolf that protected her from a young age. Yukisa stood in front of the Lycan family, growling at Garte with a vicious look in her bright blue eyes.

"You will not take a single step or raise a hand to the child or her family! I won't allow it." Yukisa growled, her fur standing up and her body growing to become even bigger.

"What is this?! Who are you?" Garte demanded and tried to take another step closer to them. Yukisa growled even louder, her teeth bared and ready to attack, but Airis shouted for her to stop.

"Yukisa!" Airis shouted, causing the white wolf to pull back from her anger filled actions, looking back at her master with confused eyes.

"But Child, this man has insulted not only you but your family as well. He was going to hurt you, I can feel it in my paws." Yukisa said trying to justify her anger.

"I understand that, but right now, scaring Garte Ro'Meave won't do anything to help with the situation. Come to my side." 

"But Child..."

"My side. Now." 

Reluctantly, Yukisa pulled back and walked over to Airis' side, shrinking down to a smaller size to be less threatening to the crowd around them. Aaron and Aphmau were surprised to see this white wolf again, since the last time they saw Yukisa was back at the lodge when Airis was in serious danger. To see the wolf now meant that Airis was in danger, right?

Airis dismissed all the looks that everyone was giving her and brought her attention back to Garte, who was looking at her with a mixture of confusion and anger. She took a deep breath, allowing her hair to go back to its natural Celestial blue color with streaks of white and small bits of silver. That's when Garte realized something. This entire time, though she was angry with him and her hair was black, her eyes didn't become crimson like with Aaron. Her eyes stayed the same bright colors they always were. She was in complete control of her Ultima abilities.

Airis looked up at Garte, staring into his eyes with determination and compassion, there was even a little bit of desperation in her eyes. Like she was begging to make this all better.

"Mr. Ro'Meave, how much do you love Uncle Garroth?" She calmly asked.

Garte scoffed loudly, "That's not even a question. I love my sons more than anything."

"Then why are you letting him suffer?"

No one was expecting that question, especially not from a seven year old girl. Airis was completely calm when she asked that question, but her hands were shaking and to calm herself she gently stroked Yukisa's white fur.

"What are you talking about?! I'm not letting him suffer, it's all because of those cursed eyes of your father's. I thought that Aaron didn't have any children, and then all of a sudden you show up with the same curse as him."

"Stop shouting at my daughter!" Aaron shouted back.

"See? He even defends you like this! How could you not be related by blood?"

"We are related in a way." Airis admitted, surprising the Ro'meaves and even the Lycan men just a bit.

"Papa and I are related in a way, but he's not my biological father. But that's besides the point." Airis pointed to Garroth biting his tongue to stop himself from crying out in pain from the transformation, "Right now, your son is fighting against a terrible curse, and though we can't reverse it at the moment, I can help relieve the pain until the transformation is complete. Just let me do this and all will be well."

"There's no way in Irene's name that I will allow you anywhere near my son right now."

Airis was now livid. This man was throwing away the only way for his son to go through this transformation quickly and without pain. She couldn't hold it back any longer.

"HOW SELFISH AND STRONG WILLED CAN YOU BE TO ALLOW YOUR SON TO LAY THERE IN PAIN WHILE SOMEONE IS HERE THAT CAN HELP RELIEVE THAT PAIN AND AGONY HE'S GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW?!" Airis shouted loudly making everyone take a step away from her, "YOUR SON LIES THERE IN AGONY, HIS BONES BREAKING INTO PIECES AND REFORMING INTO A FORM HE'S NOT USED TO NOR DOES HE UNDERSTAND. HIS MUSCLES TEARING AND STITCHING THEMSELVES BACK TOGETHER! HIS NAILS TURNING INTO CLAWS, HIS HEAD SPLITTING BECAUSE OF HIS NEWLY FORMING WEREWOLF EARS, HIS TAIL TEARING THROUGH HIS BACK! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW PAINFUL THAT IS FOR A HUMAN TO GO THROUGH, SPECIALLY THROUGH THIS FORM OF TRANSFORMATION?! AND RIGHT HERE, STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU IS A PERSON THAT CAN TAKE AWAY ALL OF THAT PAIN TO THAT HE CAN GO THROUGH THIS TRANSFORMATION PEACEFULLY, BUT YOU WON'T LET ME JUST BECAUSE OF SOME KIND OF SUPERSTITION THAT HASN'T COME UP NOW EVEN AFTER ALL OF THE FRIENDSHIPS THAT CAME FROM THE LYCAN FAMILY? HOW ABOUT JUST FOR A FEW DAYS, YOU PUT ALL OF THIS PETTY ANGER AND PREJUDICE AGAINST ME AND MY PAPA AWAY AND LET ME HEAL YOUR SON! WHAT'S IT GONNA BE, GARTE RO'MEAVE? WATCH YOUR SON GO THROUGH SEVERAL DAYS OF AGONIZING PAIN? OR LET ME STAY HERE FOR A FEW DAYS AND LET HIM GO THROUGH THIS WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A SMALL GRIMACE OF PAIN?!"

Everyone listened to Airis' rant, afraid of this little girl for the first time if not just for a moment. Yukisa was watching her master in sadness as she knew exactly what Airis was planning to do. She felt the same thing happen to Airis when she was healing her father and mother throughout Aphmau's transformation and Aaron's recovery in Falcon Claw. Little did everyone know of the conditions the spells she performed really did to her body.

Garte didn't say anything for a moment, simply staring at the little girl that dared to shout at him with so much anger and judgement. But then he looked back at his son writhing in pain on the bed. It hurt him so much to see Garroth in pain like this, so despite his anger towards the Lycan family at the moment, he took a step to the side and allowed Airis to walk over to Garroth's bedside.

"If I hear so much as a groan of discomfort from my son, you're out." He said in an even tone.

Airis smiled bright and rushed over to Garroth quickly taking him by the hand and establishing the spell once more. The soft white glow came back and Garroth's condition got better. His face became relaxed and his heart rate was calm and steady. He was resting comfortably, as if he was sleeping through the night. Garte and Zianna were shocked by this strange turn in their son's condition.

Yukisa walked up tp Airis and smiled in her own way.

"You should be with your family, Child." Yukisa said, "You know that I can help you."

"No, I have to stay here with Uncle Garroth." Airis insisted, "His recovery will be faster if the magic is coming from me directly."

"Aaron...." Garroth said weakly, surprising everyone that he was awake.

Aaron and Aphmau quickly rushed over to his bedside and saw him smiling softly at them. There were no signs of pain on his face or in his smile, just a bit of exhaustion.

"Garrotth, I'm so sorry." Aaron apologized.

"Aaron, I forgive you." Garroth replied, "I've forgotten what you were, what you were capable of. A secret both you and Airis shared with me, and I forgot. This blame does not lie on you alone."

"I should've controlled it."

"What's done is done. I'm okay, a bit exhausted, but for the time being I'll be all right. But please, let this serve as a warning. Try to control yourself."

"I will."

"And so will I, Uncle Garroth." Airis smiled, "My eyes are just as capable of turning someone as Papa's are. I'll keep them under control, too."

"Hmm, that's a good girl, Airis."

"Garroth, how do you feel now?" Aphmau asked.

"I'm exhausted to the bone, but nothing hurts. Airis, what kind of spell are you using? I've never heard of a spell that can take away this much pain without side effects."

Airis didn't answer, only frowned and looked down at Yukisa. Though the wolf nudged her master to answer her Uncle, Airis kept her secret. If she revealed the secrets of the spell, she would have to reveal the truth about her stay at the Falcon Claw safehouse. Not to mention her part in helping her parents go through their pain as well. This was not the time or the place to give that kind of information.

"It's just a spell my Mama taught me when I was really little." Airis half-lied, "It takes a little bit of energy from me, but that's to help heal you faster."

Garroth chuckled then looked over at Aphmau, her ears and tail shown for the world to see, "You know, I had a feeling that you would ask Aaron to turn you into a werewolf. If not now then eventually."

"Why?"

"Because, if he didn't, after this I might have suggested this myself. I had actually thought of talking to Airis about this before Aaron, since her father was an Ultima as well. If this happened to you and you..." Garroth's eyes slowly dropped down to sleep.

"Son, please, save your strength." Garte insisted.

"He's right, Uncle Garroth. Sleeping helps make the transformation go by faster. This spell should help you rest easier and the transformation will be complete before you know it." Airis assured.

"I agree." Derek said, "Aaron, Aphmau, let's give him a chance to rest."

"Do not feel guilty, please." Garroth said to Aaron and Aphmau, "Just enjoy your time. You've been through enough. You too, Airis. Don't worry about me."

"I can't..." Aaron said.

"I can't leave you either, Uncle Garroth. Your condition--"

"Can easily use me as a substitute for your hand, Child." Yukisa said and carefully jumped onto the free space of the bed Garroth was on. She lay down beside Garroth and the white glow coming from Airis transferred to the wolf. Garroth's face didn't even flinch as the magic was being produced by the wolf in Airis' place.

"Yukisa, what are you doing?" Airis asked no longer feeling her magic's direct contact to Garroth. 

"You must heed your Uncle's wishes and enjoy yourself for the time being." Yukisa answered, "You know as well as I do that I can handle your magic for a while until you return from this gathering you planned. Please, worry not about this man and smile with your family."

Airis knew that her wolf was right. After all, Yukisa wasn't an ordinary wolf. Heck, she wasn't even an ordinary being. But Yukisa could handle just a bit of Airis' magic for a while, so it was all right for her to use this bond to heal Garroth until Airis could come back and use her magic directly on him.

Airis hesitantly nodded, "All right then, but you know what to do if the magic is too much for you to handle, got it?" She said.

"I will do so if the need should arrive." Yukisa said, lay her head down on Garroth's chest and closed her eyes to sleep alongside him.

Everyone but Zianna cleared out of the room, the small family going down the stairs to talk before going to dinner with everyone else.

"Aaron, it wasn't your fault." Aphmau said.

"I should've had done a better job in controlling my eyes." Aaron said, "I know I saw him. I saw Ein.

"Papa, I know this is tough, and we believe you. I saw him too." She took him by the hand, "But it's going to be all right."

"Airis is right." Aphmau agreed, "Right now, gaining control of your emotions is key."

"I know, I know."

Aphmau hesitated, "Your eyes... I thought that anyone how looked into them when they're... red, I thought they would die."

"So did I." Aaron said.

"It's possible to live after being turned by Ultima eyes." Airis explained, "Papa once said a long time ago that there was only one other person that the Lycancias family survived the transformation through that method. It was the wife of one of the previous members of my Papa's family."

"Really? She survived?" Aaron asked surprised by this information.

Airis nodded, "That's right, but then again, she had incredible strength and magical prowess. Maybe that's how Uncle Garroth is living right now. He's always been really strong."

"I guess, but about what Garroth said before, it really hit me. IF my eyes caused either of you pain or suffering, if they caused you Aphmau to die... I don't know what I would do. I'd probably go berserk."

Airis and Aphmau hugged Aaron tightly.

"You don't have to worry about losing either of us." Aphmau said.

"That's right, no matter what you do we're gonna be here for you through every step of the way to healing." Airis said.

Aaron pulled away and the tears in his eyes threatened to spill down his cheeks. Before the girls could say anything to cheer him up, Melissa ran into the room shouting.

"All right that's enough!" She shouted, "Garroth is fine, I just saw him myself, and he's with a white wolf for some reason."

"That's Yukisa. She's mine, in a way." Airis muttered that last little bit.

"Melissa!" Derek shouted running into the room to his daughter, "Do you not understand what happened? Garroth is--"

"Yes, but what I got from Daniel's mom is that Garroth is stable and not feeling any pain thanks to magic from Airis. Am I wrong?"

"No, you are right, but... what does that have to do with--"

"Fine, then our dinner for tonight is back on."

"Why can't we--"

"All yelling aside, I'm being serious. Albeit the severity of the situation, it could have been a lot worse. I suppose that Garroth has the Fates of Irene on his side to be blessed to be in the position he's in."

"Something like that." Derek muttered but no one understood him.

"We should go on with our lives, continue moving forward. If we dwell on what's happened, then we're going to drag everyone around us down as well. Besides, what would Garroth want?"

"He would... He wouldn't want me to feel guilty." Aaron answered.

"But you do, don't you?"

"You really have to ask that?"

"Exactly! So, everyone we're going out. We're going to keep the spirits happy, wish Garroth a full recovery, and overall to keep the mental state of everyone intact. That's my goal."

Even though they weren't completely for it, everyone got ready to go to dinner, but decided that if any word on Garroth came they would go right back to the house to check on him.

So, reluctantly, everyone gathered their things and went to the restaurant for their reservation. About a few minutes into being seated, Melissa decided to shake up the tension in the air, got out of her seat and walked over to Erik and Sylvanna.

"Hey, what's shakin' bacon?" She asked.

"My daughter is a werewolf." Sylvanna answered, still out of sorts with her daughter's transformation.

"And I'm not!" Erik said frustrated, "I mean, after seeing what Garroth's been going through, I'm not even sure if I wanna be anymore."

"What's been done is done. Get over it! You!" Melissa pointed to Erik, "Don't become a werewolf though! It's painful."

"Listen to Auntie Melissa, Grandpa Erik!" Airis chuckled. She watched as Melissa went over to the Lycan parents, helping them cheer up just a little with some witty jokes then did the same with Zane and Kawaii~Chan, telling them to send Garroth good vibes from afar.

Then, she walked over to Aaron, Aphmau and Airis, all three of them holding hands under the table.

"You three!" She said with a bright blush of affection on her cheeks, "You three... you three will be fine. You all have each other."

"Thanks, Melissa." Aaron said.

Melissa nodded and then jumped onto the table, her hands on her hips with a confident smile spread across her face.

"Now listen up, I'm not for having things here at Starlight go wrong! Especially when we have the moment to change things. Let's not let it go to waste. Tonight, I want to forget about all of our problems, even just for a moment, we never know when we'll get it back. So come on, who's with me? For Garroth!"

Everyone cheered and their spirits were lifted once more as the celebration of Aaron and Aphmau's engagement an Airis' eventual adoption was announced.

The group ate, drank and were happy to celebrate all for the sake of their loved ones.

"Hey Aaron, sing for us!" Melissa shouted.

"Huh?" Aaron hummed, confused but surprised.

Melissa walked over to him with a smirk on her lips, "Hey, come on, you know. You were trying to learn a long time ago."

"That was before Aph and I were dating." Aaron growled through his teeth.

"Wait, Papa can sing?" Airis asked.

"You were trying to learn?" Aphmau asked and Aaron's face turned bright red as he stuttered to get an answer out.

"Yeah! Whoo-hoo!" Melissa cheered, "He was gonna serenade ya to win your heart back then. He was like, I think she likes a guy who can sing so I'm gonna try it--"

Melissa was quickly cut off by Aaron's hand over her mouth.

"Shut it Melissa!" He hushed her, but all she did was laugh.

"You were gonna!"

Aphmau and Airis laughed.

"Aaron, I would have loved to have heard you sing."

"Me too, Papa! Can you sing now?!" 

"No... I can't... I really bad at it." Aaron tried to say.

"I can sing, just watch!" Melissa said and started singing Faster Car by Loving Caliber.

The three ignored her ridiculous behavior and continued on with having some fun, eventually, they decided to get away from everyone and talk in private by the docks. They stood on the beach.

"Papa... are you okay?" Airis asked.

"Yeah, I guess..." Aaron answered and sighed, "But honestly, I can't get what happened to Garroth out of my mind. I know Melissa meant well for everyone, and she's right. Moping around isn't gonna do anyone any good. But still..."

"Still?" Aphmau repeated.

"They're all thinking it."

"Thinking what?" Airis asked.

"That I'm some sort of monster."

"What?" Airis and Aphmau both gasped.

"Wolves aren't forgiven. They're used as imaginary monsters in fairy tales. Even the story of the Ultima."

"Papa's got a point." Airis said sadly, gently wrapping her fingers around the stone hanging from her neck and the ring attached to the chain, "Wolves are beasts according to people, vicious monsters that attack and destroy."

"Aaron... Airis...." Aphmau whispered, "Garte called you monsters because he was scared for Garroth. He acted in anger and in the moment."

"But how will everyone else act when they find out?" Aaron asked, "What's gonna happen for the rest of my life? Will they come after you, or Airis?"

Aphmau put a stop to those thoughts by pressing her hand against Aaron's cheek.

"Aaron, show me your eyes." She said.

"Huh?"

"Your red eyes."

"No." Aaron refused.

"Why not? I can now. They won't hurt me."

"Papa..." Airis pulled at his hand to bring his eyes down to her. She smiled as her hair turned black, preparing to turn her eyes crimson as well.

"Let's do it together, okay?" She said.

Aaron slowly nodded and closed his eyes, before opening them again a few seconds later. Aphmau looked deep into their eyes, the red cursed eyes that transformed lives. A blood crimson color that shook fear into the hearts of all those who dared to face them. But to her, they were like sparkling gems, filled with nothing but a desire to live and be free.

"You're staring at the part of me I hate the most." Aaron said.

"They're beautiful. Both of your eyes are." Aphmau said with a genuine smile and tone, "Neither of you mean to hurt anyone. You've only tried to protect others, and you know that. It doesn't matter what others see in the moment, what matters is what you've done. What you've done to help others. What you've done to learn from your mistakes. Neither of you are monsters."

The three pulled each other into a hug, Airis smiling at the warmth of her family and Aaron trying not to cry from the love he felt in that very moment.

"I love you both so much." Aaron said.

"I love you so much, Mama, Papa." Airis said.

"Even if the world is against both of you, I'll always be with you two."

The three pulled apart.

"I want to do something special for the both of you. Follow me." Aaron said and led his girls to a secluded viewing area in the island. He reached behind the tree there and picked up a guitar, strumming notes and picking at the strings as he sang. 

Airis sat on the grass, closing her eyes as she listened to her father singing to her and her mother. The wind blew gently against her cheek, as if it was trying to blow away her worries and fears. And it worked. Airis felt nothing but peace in that moment as her father sang.

But deep in her heart and soul, she knew that this peace wouldn't last for very long.

"The time is coming very soon, Airis." The voice said, "Not just for your magic to come completely, but for what you have to do."

"I know." Airis answered back sadly, "But what if I can't do it? What if  can't save them? What if I can't control my magic and something goes wrong?"

"Airis Aine Lycancias, you know that you can do this. It's in your blood, and you know of what you are fated to do. You are a mage and an Ultima, two gifts were given to you from birth and even before your mother and father were born. I know that you will do great when the time comes. You will save everyone and put an end to this evil. Just as I predicted all those thousands of years ago. Believe in the magic you inherited from those before you. You can do this, Airis. I know you can."

Airis nodded and smiled, knowing that the voice was right. Soon it would be her time to save her family and end things with the evil for good.

She was the only one with the right soul to do so....

But what secrets will be revealed through her mission to save her family?

What pain will be brought to light?

And who will be lost in this battle between pure evil and a child with a soul that has been Blessed and Cursed?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 404 52
I remember when the world was silent. There was noting. I was destined to be the next lord. All I had to worry about was getting to bed on time. Yet...
5.8K 181 23
In Mystreet, the teams and groups for dance were always the same. Nothing changed and that's how they liked it. After the events of the Competition...
1.1K 176 42
"You can forget your friends and your family for now you are with us. You have been chosen to join us, The Silentless, and you will become the best...
94.3K 2.8K 77
CONTENT CONTAINS : SELF HARM SUICIDAL THOUGHTS SUICIDE IDEATION SUICIDE ATTEMPTS MENTAL ILLNESS SEXUAL CONTENT TORTURE ABUSE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUA...