Legends of Olympus (On Hold)

mahriyumm tarafından

In Olympus Academy, the first and only school to house Filipino demigods and mythological creatures, students... Daha Fazla

Legends of Olympus
Born Ready
Family
Future Rising
Olympus Academy
The Omegas
Emergence
Game of Thrones
Price of Power
Responsibility
Balance
Spells
Reputation
Thunder Child
Groceries
Skies
Love Story
The Omega Way
Amnesia
Figures
Pandora
Taking the Lead
Languages
Auraic Studies
Ultimate Control
Deep Sleep
Curiosity
Black Market
Frustrations
Top Student
The Tenth
White Knights
Australia
North America
Destined
West Asia
Africa
Europe
Loyalty
South America
East Asia
The Noise
Blackened
Interrupted
Breakthrough
Revived
Crises
First Strike
Reapers
A Stone
The Commander
Aftermath
True Power
Reign
Deadly Relief
Consequence
Parental Guidance
Checklist
Rumors
Wishes
Betelgeuse
Life of the Party
The Strongest Bond
Romeo and Juliet
Closer
Preparations
Annual Olympics I
Annual Olympics II
Obsessions
Entranced
Labyrinth
Imprisoned
One at A Time
Guardians
War of Powers
War of Hearts
Nothing Left To Say
Gifted
Rock Climbing
Masquerade I: Glass and Shield
Masquerade II: Blood and Poison
Masquerade III: Veil and Thorn
Masquerade IV: Riptide and Flame
Masquerade V: Tethered Tempest
Unmasked
Betrayed
Crack of Dismay
Remedy
Mysteries
Isles of the Blessed
Anchors
Puppet Master
Announcement: Life's Surprises
Queen of Kings
Orion Organization
Veils
Elysian War I
Olympus Academy I Gifts Set
Elysian War II
Elysian War III
Sweet Sixteenth (Special Chapter)
In Between
Invisible
The Erinyes
Mastermind (OA Book II Raffle)
Achilles' Heel
The Fall
Heartless

Detached

15.8K 814 219
mahriyumm tarafından

Paige's POV

All our eyes raised to the sky after hearing the sound of glass breaking. One by one, cracks appeared on the surface of the barrier, bringing back light and warmth to Elysium, the very things we thought we needed.

Some were silent, some screamed of horror, of seeing the barrier get destroyed. And some, warned the others to take cover.

"He's gone." Narinig naming sabi ni Achilles na lumapit sa'min bitbit ang kanyang espada. "The god of light has vanished."

"Finish what's left of the enemies," utos ni Reign.

The Omegas were quick to follow. They ran to different directions while I... I stood still, because I could tell the difference between a barrier breaking down and a trance breaking apart.

And while the others already had a sense of what's happening, I was the only one sure that it isn't the barrier that's shattering.

It's the trance.

Kaya hindi na ako nagtaka nang unti-unti ring nagbago ang aming kapaligiran. Nasa Elysium pa rin kami, ngunit bumabalik ito sa maayos nitong anyo, kasabay ang dahan-dahang pagdapo ng liwanag sa lupa.

It was as if destruction never came, and the war never happened.

And I started to wonder... how far that demigod was willing to go through to protect Elysium.

Inilibot ko ang aking paningin sa buong lugar. Kumunot ang aking noo pagkatapos mapagtantong hindi ko nararamdaman ang kanyang presensya.

"Paige."

Mabilis ang paglingo'ng ginawa ko kay Reign.

Sinenyasan niya akong umalis. "Go find him."

Humarap ako sa kanya. "What about you?"

"Remember? On the way to Persephone's castle?" aniya. "Sabi mo sa'kin pakiramdam mo may tinatago ako sa'yo?"

Panandaliang nanliit ang aking mga mata.

"Tapos sabi ko rin na malalaman mo?" paalala niya. "Dahil sasabihin ko sa'yo."

Umayos ako ng pagkakatayo. "What is it?"

"I need you to be with the others while Bella and I pay a visit to the Alphas-"

"They're at war, Reign," giit ko. "With the founders."

She subtly smiled at me. "I know," sambit niya. "And there's a reason why you're the only one I'm telling this..."

My teeth grinded in defiance.

"Because I know you won't defy me," kampante niyang sabi. "No matter how much you know, if I tell you not to go, you will not, am I right?"

Nabura ang kanyang ngiti pagkatapos kong labanan ang nanghahamon niyang mga mata.

"What you're asking from me, Reign-"

"-is to guard and guide the others on the way to Tartarus while I look in on the Alphas," pagpapatuloy niya sa sinabi ko. "I also need you to look for and after my brother."

Ilang segundo ko pa siyang tinitigan.

"You're seriously leaving me with these guys?" naiinis kong tanong.

"Saglit lang naman." Nanumbalik ang kanyang ngiti. "Before you know it, we'll be with you."

Mist gathered on her feet, slowly spiraling upwards. "See you when I see you, Paige."

With my head slightly tilted to the side, I gave her a concerned look. "You stay safe," paalam ko. "And send my regards to the founders."

The founders, our parents, who have yet to know where their sons and daughters are truly heading to... 

Reign returned a gentle nod before mist covered the last of her body and faded along the breeze that passed in front of me.

Sinundan ko ng tingin ang mist na lumipad paangat at saka kumalat sa hangin. Pagkatapos, bahagyang umawang ang aking bibig nang pakawalan ko ang isang namimigat na hininga.

Pagkababa ng aking noo, muli kong inilibot ang aking paningin sa kabuuan ng kapaligiran.

And while I know most of the creatures here are relieved to see the realm restored to its bright and warm state, I felt the complete opposite.

In the middle of Elysium, in the middle of pure bliss and paradise, I found myself lacking. I was not contented. Not happy. Not... satisfied.

Napalunok ako nang magsimulang lumakas ang kabog sa aking dibdib.

Umikot-ikot ako sa kinatatayuan ko nang nakakunot ang noo.

They didn't take him, did they?

No, I tried to convince myself. They wouldn't.

But what if they did?

Napailing ako.

Just because they could, doesn't mean they would.

Kasunod akong napatigil.

But what if they still did? The gods gave changed. They don't need a sane purpose to kidnap or hold one of us hostage-

I paused.

What am I doing arguing with myself when I haven't even left my place to start looking for him?

Palihim akong sumang-ayon sa sarili ko.

Yes. I should go look for him.

But I didn't.

I didn't see him after covering half of the realm. I started from the edge, and now I'm at the center of a crowd, of allies who won, and enemies, obviously defeated.

On one spot of the field, I sighted Amber and Ash comforting spirits wrapped in blankets. And on the other side, my brother was busy instructing the soldiers, perhaps on what to do with the huntsmen that were bound in chains and ropes.

A soldier approached me and asked if I needed anything.

Umiling ako.

"I-uhh..." He took off his helmet. "I would just like to express my gratitude to you and-"

"I don't have time for this," I insisted. "Please excuse me."

Umalis ako sa tapat niya at pagkaraan ng ilang hakbang, narinig ko siyang sumigaw, "Thank you for protecting the realm, Omega! From the start! I knew you could do it!"

Binilisan ko ang paglalakad dahil sa inis.

I am not celebrating victory if it came with too much cost.

Nang makalayo na ako sa kanila, biglang bumagal ang aking mga hakbang dala ng paggaan ng aking mga paa.

The feeling of weakness started from my feet, then it rose to my knees.

While walking, I swallowed the fear that's formed a lump in my throat. My body turned unbelievably cold and my breath grew stale after every minute that passed when I still haven't found him, or anything that would lead me to him.

Napatigil ako pagkatapos makita ang isang babae na nakayuko sa gitna ng nagkukumpulan na mga bata, inaaliw ang mga ito mula sa nangyaring digmaan.

One of the children had white wings behind his back that he used to fly above the woman and acted a fight. He held an invisible sword in his hand that he enthusiastically swung while the children that watched gasped in awe and some, giggled.

"Euphorion!" tawag ng babae sa kanya. "Down!"

Wala sa sarili akong napalapit sa kanila, lalong-lalo na sa babaeng nasa gitna.

"Hindi 'yon ang-" She paused to correct herself. "That's not what happened. He didn't see his dad fight, because not one of you was allowed to come out of hiding-" Pinandilatan niya ang batang bumaba sa lupa nang nakangisi. "-to join the war."

"I did!" the winged child insisted. "I saw Dad!"

"You did not," the woman remarked. "Or your Mother will scold you for leaving the shelter during the war."

Huminto ako malapit sa kanila.

"Why don't you guys go look for the snacks?" Nginitian ng babae ang mga bata.

"I heard they're giving away candies... and stuff from the enemies," dagdag niya na ikinasabik ng mga batang agad nag-unahan patungo sa gitna ng field.

Nanatili akong nakatuon sa babaeng nakangiting nakamasid sa kanila.

She wore a long-sleeve made out of gray wool, and a pair of denim jeans. Her black hair was elegantly tied in a lowered bun, and though there were strands of gray and wrinkles on her face that showed the passage of time, she still looked vibrant.

Nilingon niya ako.

"Hello," bati niya sabay yakap ng kanyang sarili. "What are you doing here?"

Hindi ko nagawang sumagot, at nagdulot ito ng ngiti sa labi niya.

Lumapit siya sa'kin habang hinahagod ang magkabilang braso niya. "This cold is from you, isn't it?"

"I'm sorry," I quickly apologized.

"If you can wait, I can grab you a blanket or a jacket to keep you warm," alok niya.

Umiling ako. "No, thank you."

Nginitian niya ako. "I heard about you from the others."

Sumayad ang aking paningin sa lupa.

"Anything I could do to help?" tanong niya.

Umiling ulit ako.

"You're lost," puna niya dahilan na umangat ang aking ulo.

"You look like a lost soul," dagdag pa niya. "Are you?"

I sighed. "Maybe," sagot ko. "I'm looking for someone."

"You are not lost then?" aniya. "Alam mo naman pala kung saan ka patungo."

A bitter smile curved my lips. "But I can't find him."

"We're in Elysium, demigod," she happily reminded me. "If this realm could give you anything, it is relief and rest."

Then, she gently held my shoulder. "Do you feel he's gone?"

Bumuntong-hininga ako at saka napailing. "No."

Binitawan niya ako at muling nginitian. "Then he's not far."

"Mmm." Napangiti rin ako. "Thank you-"

"Silice," she said, to which my smile softened.

"Silice," pag-uulit ko.

• • •

Mahinang lumapat ang aking mga paa sa harap ng templo. Pagkatapos, tahimik akong pumasok sa malaking pintuan nito.

Nilibot ang templo at dumaan sa bawat pasilyo, sinilip ang bawat kwarto at dinako ang bawat sulok nito, maliban sa pinakamalawak na throne room na nasa gitna dahil panghuli ko itong pinuntahan, isang desisyon na agad kong pinagsisihan nang makapasok ako rito.

Kusang huminto ang aking mga paa pagkatapos masilayan kung sino ang nakaupo sa trono na nasa kabilang dako ng hall.

From where I stood, I could hear the faint sound of blood dripping from his fingers.

There was nothing in between us. Only empty space, and yet I was afraid of taking a step closer, because then I'd find out if he's still alive... or not.

Casting my worries aside, I held my head high and walked straight towards him.

"Grey," sambit ko habang naglalakad papalapit sa kanya.

He didn't move. His head still hung low in front of his chest.

Mahinahon akong umakyat sa platform na kinaroroonan ng trono. Yumuko ako sa harap niya at gamit ang dagger na nakakabit sa likuran ng pantalon ko, maingat kong pinutol ang mga baging na nakatali sa kanya.

There were a couple of vines that was too thick and some had too many thorns, that's why it took me longer time to completely free him, and when I did, I caught his head with my shoulder. Napahawak din ako sa magkabilang braso niya upang pigilan siyang humilig pabagsak mula sa trono.

Mabagal akong napapikit ng mga mata at napahigpit ng panga nang madama ang dugo niya sa aking balikat, at sa aking mga palad na dahan-dahang napahawak sa kanyang likod.

Namulat ako sa nangangapos niyang hininga. 

"What did you think would happen to you?" bulong ko habang seryosong nakatitig sa duguang sandalan ng trono.

The gods have gone, but that doesn't mean we're done.

"Odds are, they could've killed you..." tugon ko. "But they didn't..." Marahan ko siyang tinulak pasandal sa upuan at maigi kong tinignan ang hitsura niya, habang nakatukod ang aking mga kamay sa kanyang magkabilang balikat.

Did he know lucky he is to still be alive?

"Why did you do it?" Napailing-iling ako, hindi makapaniwala. "And how stupid have you become that you actually did it?"

Kinailangan ko siyang sumagot.

Kinailangan kong marinig ang boses niya, kaya agad akong bumitaw sa kanya at hinayaan ang katawan niyang yumuko, at humimlay patagilid habang nakaupo pa rin siya sa trono.

Habang nakaangat ang aking noo, unti-unting nabahiran ng panlulumo at pagkadismaya ang aking mga matang nakababa sa kanya.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I whispered, frustrated, mad, but most importantly, disappointed.

Pagka't hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin maintindihan kung paano niya napagdesisyunang gawin 'yong ginawa niya.

Whatever made him think he could just easily face the gods on his own while keeping an entire realm from them?

"Grey," tawag ko sa kanya pagkatapos mapansin ang paglalim ng kanyang hininga. At di kalauna'y, tuluyan na nga akong napasigaw sa inis. "Grey!"

One of his fingers twitched, followed by his hand that he subtly raised, and his arm that he moved above the armrest. Itinukod niya ang kanyang braso saka namimigat na inangat ang kanyang likod.

Letting out a distressed groan, Grey managed to lift his back and leaned unto the throne, wearing a tired, but relieved grin.

Magaang pumatong ang kanyang mga braso sa magkabilang patungan nito, at dumausdos nang kaunti ang kanyang likod pababa, nang iunat niya ang kanyang mga binti.

Napaatras ako pagkatapos siyang makitang komportableng nakaupo sa trono, na para bang siya ang nagmamay-ari nito, o kung hindi, inaangkin niya ito.

The smug grin on his face never left after his eyes met mine. Instead, it widened, as if he was delighted.

"Maybe the reason why the gods left you alive is because they wanted me to kill you," naiirita kong sabi sa kanya.

He subtly nodded and at the same time, moved his hand to signal me to do it.

Dahil dito, napakuyom ako ng aking mga palad.

Marahan siyang napakamot sa duguang sulok ng kanyang labi, at kasunod ay napahawak sa leeg niya habang inuunat-unat ito.

"Where's my sister?" tanong niya nang makababa ang kanyang kamay.

"She just left," sagot ko.

Letting out a sigh, he comfortably shifted on the throne. "It's time to go, I believe..." He whispered, staring into the distance. "Tartarus..."

Nanliit ang kanyang mga mata. "Paige..."

Nagkasalubong ang aking kilay.

Tinignan niya ako. "Hecate..." aniya. "She asked- no." He corrected himself. "She begged me not to leave for Tartarus."

"Did she say why?" usisa ko.

He lowly hissed while his fingers tapped on the edge of the armrest. "Non."

But knowing Grey, I figured, if he didn't get the reason why, then he must have gotten something else from her.

"What else did you get from her?"

A mischievous smile slowly made its way on his bloody and cracked lips. He raised his hand to reveal a golden card stuck in between his fingers.

Napansin kong may nakaukit dito, kaya minasdan ko ito nang maigi.

Engraved on either side of the card was the symbol of the Queen of Hearts.

Akmang kukunin ko ito mula sa kamay niya nang ilayo niya mula sa'kin ito, na labis kong ikinainis.

"I still have to figure out what to do with it." And like magic, Grey made the card disappear inside his hand.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and nodded.

"If you stole it from the goddess, then we have to go before she catches up on us," tugon ko.

He scoffed, seemingly impressed that I knew.

"We have to stop by the Furies, though," pagbibigay-alam niya. "On the way to Tartarus..."

"Why?"

"Zeus told me so."

Pinaningkitan ko siya.

"The gods..." He chuckled bitterly. "They will never claim us as theirs', Paige, like what they did to our parents..."

"They already made it clear to me, that we were never theirs' and we will never be," dugtong niya. "They told me, tortured me, showed me, how much they despise us."

Napabuntong-hininga ako.

"They just don't." He gently shook his head, and apologetically smiled at me. "They don't love us at all."

"Don't be sorry," sabi ko. "We didn't do anything wrong."

"It's not the gods' fault that they were born without a sense of humanity, as well," dagdag ko. "But it is, their fault, to not have learned it after all these years."

"It's their fault, that they still haven't fully developed a sense of humanity after thousands of years of existing..." I paused to lower my head and give Grey a cold stern gaze. "And it's going to be their fault if they're going to end because of it."

Tinitigan lang ako ni Grey, habang unti-unting napapangiti.

"Mmm." He hummed in agreement, as he continued to stare deep down into me.

"We should..." His eyes squinted for a moment, and his voice almost whispered, "We should go."

Pagkasabi niya no'n, agad ko siyang tinalikuran at naunang naglakad palabas ng hall.

Pinigilan ko ang aking sarili na lumingon sa mga mata niyang mabigat na nakasunod sa'kin, at wala sa sariling napahawak sa aking dibdib dahil sa malalakas na pintig nito.

"Tch." I lowered my hand, and left the hall obviously annoyed by the uncontrollable feeling.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2.9M 226K 68
Eleanor worked for several masters until an incident forced her to restart her life in a small town of Van Zanth, where hybrids prosper than humans. ...
2.4M 185K 109
In Olympus Academy, the first and only school to house Filipino demigods and mythological creatures, students are divided into four classes: Alpha, B...
9.9M 495K 80
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #04 ◢ Promise of the Twelve - End of the rebellion as prophecied by the titan goddess, Mnemosyne. It seems like fighting a titan...
1.6M 63.9K 79
Previous title: SIGNUS ACADEMY Her family was killed. The kings and queens were their murderers. Having the unique ability like no other, she decided...