Legends of Olympus (On Hold)

By mahriyumm

In Olympus Academy, the first and only school to house Filipino demigods and mythological creatures, students... More

Legends of Olympus
Born Ready
Family
Future Rising
Olympus Academy
The Omegas
Emergence
Game of Thrones
Price of Power
Responsibility
Balance
Spells
Reputation
Thunder Child
Groceries
Skies
Love Story
The Omega Way
Amnesia
Figures
Pandora
Taking the Lead
Languages
Auraic Studies
Ultimate Control
Deep Sleep
Curiosity
Black Market
Frustrations
Top Student
The Tenth
White Knights
Australia
North America
Destined
West Asia
Africa
Europe
Loyalty
South America
East Asia
The Noise
Blackened
Interrupted
Breakthrough
Revived
Crises
First Strike
Reapers
A Stone
The Commander
Aftermath
True Power
Reign
Deadly Relief
Consequence
Parental Guidance
Checklist
Rumors
Wishes
Betelgeuse
Life of the Party
The Strongest Bond
Romeo and Juliet
Closer
Preparations
Annual Olympics I
Annual Olympics II
Obsessions
Entranced
Labyrinth
Imprisoned
One at A Time
Guardians
War of Powers
War of Hearts
Nothing Left To Say
Gifted
Rock Climbing
Masquerade I: Glass and Shield
Masquerade II: Blood and Poison
Masquerade III: Veil and Thorn
Masquerade IV: Riptide and Flame
Masquerade V: Tethered Tempest
Unmasked
Betrayed
Crack of Dismay
Remedy
Mysteries
Isles of the Blessed
Anchors
Puppet Master
Announcement: Life's Surprises
Queen of Kings
Veils
Elysian War I
Olympus Academy I Gifts Set
Elysian War II
Elysian War III
Sweet Sixteenth (Special Chapter)
Detached
In Between
Invisible
The Erinyes
Mastermind (OA Book II Raffle)
Achilles' Heel
The Fall
Heartless

Orion Organization

15.1K 1K 1.1K
By mahriyumm

Raphael's POV

I was searching for a new book to read inside Father's library when I heard the doors open. Napalingon ako rito at nakita siyang kapapasok lang bitbit ang makapal na kumpulan ng mga papeles.

He stopped once he saw me, and he looked like he wanted to say something so I respectfully turned towards him.

"Father," I greeted first.

"You should be helping Persephone and the others in searching for the souls of the elders," aniya.

Giving him an innocent look, my eyes blinked at the thought of searching for the souls of the council who was all found strangled and hung under their ancient chandelier.

I tilted my head to the side. "Should I?" I asked, blankly.

Father's jaw clenched, and his grasp of his files tightened.

The council's death was ruled as a suicide but wise men and gods know better. Death, my father, knows better, especially now that he knows the cloth that was used to tie around the oracles' necks were veils.

"Raphael," sambit niya.

Hindi ako sumagot.

"I cannot protect you, anymore."

Silence was always the best answer to a parent expressing his disappointments and worries, but I'd rather remind him than remain shut.

"I do not need any more protecting, Father."

"Yes," pabulong niyang sang-ayon, tila pinapaalala din ang sarili. "You do not."

Kumunot ang kanyang noo nang bigyan niya ako ng nagsusumamong tingin. "This is not the future I want for you, son."

"I know," maikli kong sagot.

"Everything I wanted for you, you, on your own, twisted into something even I cannot comprehend." Napailing siya dulot ng matinding pagtataka. "Why can't you just tell me? Or your mother what is going on?"

"Will you disown me, now?" tanong ko. "Because I still don't want to."

His voice turned bitter. "You have a choice."

"And I choose not to," pagpapatuloy ko sa sinabi niya.

He shook his head again, this time to express his regret. "Raphael..." Tinignan niya ako, nang nag-aalala ang mga mata, ngunit nanatili pa rin at nagpaparamdam ang bigat ng kapangyarihan niya sa likod ng tinging binabato niya sa'kin. 

At alam kong kahit anong klase ng panghihina ang gusto niyang ipakita sa'kin, hindi pa rin magbabago ang pagiging magkaiba namin.

Simply, my father was a god, and his son, a mortal.

"You are playing god, son," aniya. "I am death, not you."

I took in a deep breath as a response, and looked around his office. "Mmm..." Nakapamulsa ako. "I know."

Pagkatapos, matagal kaming nagtitigan.

"If I am causing you too much suffering, Father, you can always kick me out of the house," suhestyon ko.

For some reason, a corner of his lips just raised lightly as he looked down on his papers.

"You did not ask to be born, Raphael," mahinahon niyang sabi. "You did not ask to bear my blood and the name and burden of being my son..."

Inangat niya ang kanyang tingin sa'kin. "I am a god, but I am also your father," saad niya. "I am death, but I am also your life-giver."

"I cannot protect you, anymore, but I can still grant you the protection of home," dagdag pa niya. "Under my wings, and in my palace, you will be the safest."

I swallowed the guilt that started to form a lump in my throat.

"Your truest allies is me, and your mother, Raph..." sabi niya. "Remember that."

"I change my mind." Nginitian ko siya. "I'm not in the mood to read a book."

He nodded in understanding.

Sighing, I nodded my head as well. "If-" I paused at the sudden weight that pressed down on my shoulders, and my chest.  "If you'd excuse me, I have to go."

Sinenyasan niya akong umalis.

Pagkatapos siyang bigyan ng huling sulyap at isang namamaalam na ngiti, mabilis akong humakbang papalabas ng silid.

Ramdam ko ang pagsunod ng kanyang mga mata sa'kin, hanggang sa lumiko ako sa pasilyo kung saan naroon ang aking kwarto, at nang tuluyan na nga akong makapasok, agad akong napahinto sa gitna.

Napatitig ako sa harapan, hindi alam kung anong susunod na gagawin.

I stood still, head empty, and limbs weak from the conversation I had with my father. Until a crow that landed on the other side of my window caught my attention.

The bird's head turned to the side to lock me in its golden gaze.

Relieved, because I finally had something to do instead of pondering over my father's words, I summoned a portal in front of me and stepped inside a dark office, dimly lit.

Behind me, the portal closed as I called on my white robe and summoned a veil to cover half of my face.

Folding my sleeves, I filled my mind with the things I ought to do for the organization.

I already killed the council. All that's left for me to do is... ask for another thing to do?

Wala na naman kasi akong maalala na may dinagdag pa siyang utos maliban sa patayin lang ang council, na nagawa ko na.

Nakarinig ako ng mga katok mula sa labas.

Hindi ko ito binalingan ng tingin. "Come in."

A woman dressed in a black blouse and skirt entered the office. She stopped to turn on the lights, before making her way to my table.

"The chief's looking for you," aniya.

"You don't say," I replied, remembering the bird that appeared outside my room just to stare at me.

Tinanggap ko ang inabot niya sa'king itim na clipboard. "What's this?"

"Your new uniform," sagot niya. "He wants you to wear black."

Hindi ko pa nga nakita ang kabuuan ng sketch at ibinalik ko na agad ito sa kanya. "He's been bothering me with this ever since. I'll talk to him."

"You can't disobey his orders," giit niya.

I smirked under my thin mask. 

Waving my hand, I left her alone in my office and walked outside, through the hallways filled with people dressed in all black. Some wore office clothing, while some, wore leather robes and were geared up with weapons of all kinds.

And in a sea of blacks, I was the only one wearing white, earning me a couple of stares.

Indeed, I was inside one of the largest facilities of the Orion Organization. Specifically, the largest, which is the hidden base situated in the North Atlantic.

I was sure the founders haven't found out about it, but I have a hunch that they will, soon.

Everything here is regulated, including the temperature to suit the machines, vehicles, and the members that work here. This place, is the source of information, but no information about this place could be sourced from our other facilities to keep it hidden.

Our base was as large as a castle, inspired by the palaces of the Underworld. It has its own barrier, fortified with the help of the gods.

It is life and self-sustaining, as evident by our indoor farms, poultry facilities, meaning if someone from the outside decided to trap us in here, we'd be able to survive until old age.

The Orion Organization is a realm of its own, and its main domain: the hidden North Atlantic base, where the chief lives, and the highest-ranking members.

I was supposed to be based at the Asian Headquarters, but I insisted to be here because this place has one thing that the other headquarters don't have: snow.

After turning to an extension of the hallway, I entered another corridor.

The base was so wide and large that some of the members opt to use indoor carts to travel from one part to another.

Meanwhile, I'd rather walk.

And my power's limited to only summoning portals in my office, because I choose not to let anyone see me use my abilities, for the sake of keeping it hidden.

Though I'm already a high-ranking member, considered to be one of the most powerful, they really still haven't seen my potential, only a little glimpse. 

Truth be told, there are a lot of secrets in this organization. Hidden transactions, motives...

And it's my duty, as the chief's right hand, and as someone who can see everything, to know every one of the members' hidden doings and report it to him. 

He also asks me to do a couple of things here and there, like kill the council or steal, but I only do it when I have the time to pause reading a book.

Huminto ako sa tapat ng malaking mechanical door na binabantayan ng dalawang lalaki.

Palihim kong tinapunan ng nandidiring tingin ang mahahabang baril na nakasabit sa kanilang harapan, at saka pumasok pagkatapos kusang bumukas ang pinto.

Sinalubong ako ng nandidilim na conference hall. Sa gitna ay may mahabang mesa kung saan nakaupo sa kabilang dulo ang isang lalaki, nakapatong ang mga siko sa mesa at nakadaop ang mga palad. At ayon sa tinging binabato niya sa'kin, kanina pa niya inaasahan ang pagdating ko.

He always looks at everyone like that when someone enters the room. He makes sure to lock eyes with you the exact moment you step a foot inside. It was a gaze that meant he knows not just where you are, but where you were, and where you will be.

"I can still smell the gods in this room," puna ko nang mapansin ang seryoso niyang ekspresyon.

Nagkasalubong ang kanyang kilay. "Mmm." Mula sa pagkakatapat sa kanyang bibig, ibinaba niya ang kanyang mga kamay sa mesa. "I need to talk to you."

Lumapit ako sa kanya.

"Sit," utos niya.

Umangat-baba ang aking kilay at kampanteng naupo, dalawang upuan ang layo sa kanya.

"I believe I did not make a mess out of the council," sabi ko.

"No," sambit niya. "It is not about that."

He sighed. I didn't hear it but I saw his chest move.

"It's the next throne," aniya. "Cronus'."

"We can't destroy Cronus' throne if he doesn't have one," giit ko. "The gods know that. They were the ones who decided to cut him up and throw his body everywhere."

"The titan has a throne, Raph," sabi niya na ipinagtaka ko. "One that has not been destroyed."

Matagal-tagal ko siyang tinitigan, hanggang sa maliwanagan ako sa ibig niyang sabihin.

"No," matigas kong saad. "You can't, Henri."

"The organization is set to launch an attack on Elysium," anunsyo niya. "I've already made the order."

My mouth slowly parted, unbelieving.

"Why now? Why not later-" Napatigil ako nang may napagtanto.

The Omegas are there.

They're not only coming for the throne. They're coming for them.

His eyes drifted from me towards the other end of the table. "I couldn't talk further, or they'll question our alliance..." He looked back at me. "And they want to meet them again." 

Leaning back against his chair, he sighed. "Probably to redeem themselves from the defeat they suffered on their first battle," dugtong niya. "Gods..."

"You are going to turn Elysium into a battlefield," I said, even though it meant nothing. Because I already know that every decision he makes is unchangeable. Every order, unwithdrawable.

"Elysium," pag-uulit ko. "The place where heroes and the kindest souls live. It is the only place of light against this world of dark-"

"No such place is safe in this world anymore, Raphael." Hindi niya ako pinatapos. 

"It's my home, Henri," I gently reminded him. "And was once yours'."

"Between us two, it is you who is truly that realm's protector," aniya. "Which is why I'm willing to give you a chance to change sides."

Henri leaned towards me, resting his arms on the table with clasped hands. "I will let you go, Raphael..." He said, while softly caressing his thumb. "I will let you protect your realm."

Napansin ko ang pagkibot ng isa niyang mata, tila determinadong malaman agad ang desisyon ko.

"Whose side will you be on, Raph?" Pinaningkitan niya ako, dahilan na mahagilap ko nang panandalian ang ginto ng kanyang mga mata. "Now that the lines for you have been drawn?"

My lips shut tight.

He's testing me.

For the next few seconds, I sat in awe, at how a single individual could be deserving and undeserving of who he was and what he's greatly capable of.

Mas lalong nanliit ang kanyang mga mata nang ipiling niya nang kaunti ang kanyang ulo patagilid. "So?" A dark grin stained his lips. "Which is it?"

He already knows the answer. He just wants to hear it from me.

"Yours," sagot ko.

He snickered in satisfaction.

"Then it's settled," he whispered before leaning back to his seat again.

"I have assigned you to defend the headquarters that the founders plan to strike down, the very same day we're going to attack Elysium," pagbibigay-alam niya. "I'm going to have two wars under my watch and I'm putting you in charge of one."

"And Raphael..." Kapansin-pansin ang paglalim ng kanyang boses nang tawagin ako. "Two of the grandmasters managed to kill an Alpha."

Kasunod niya akong binigyan ng nagtitiwalang tingin. "I was hoping you could do better."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 227K 68
Eleanor worked for several masters until an incident forced her to restart her life in a small town of Van Zanth, where hybrids prosper than humans. ...
923K 20.6K 61
BOOK 1 of The Lost Princess - Charlotte Elizabeth Lucienne Gloriette I'm Charlie Lany Lotte. Hindi ko nga alam kung ayan nga ang totoo kong pangalan...
460K 33.4K 53
I have always seen myself as a savior from the depth of the sea--a place that I have long conquered. But when you appeared right before my eyes, I re...
7.3M 435K 114
Isa ang Merton Academy sa mga kilalang paaralan sa buong Pilipinas. Karamihan sa mga nag-aaral dito ay mga kabataang may talento pagdating sa akademi...