Legends of Olympus (On Hold)

By mahriyumm

In Olympus Academy, the first and only school to house Filipino demigods and mythological creatures, students... More

Legends of Olympus
Born Ready
Family
Future Rising
Olympus Academy
The Omegas
Emergence
Game of Thrones
Price of Power
Responsibility
Balance
Spells
Reputation
Thunder Child
Groceries
Skies
Love Story
The Omega Way
Amnesia
Figures
Pandora
Taking the Lead
Languages
Auraic Studies
Ultimate Control
Deep Sleep
Curiosity
Black Market
Frustrations
Top Student
The Tenth
White Knights
Australia
North America
Destined
West Asia
Africa
Europe
Loyalty
South America
East Asia
The Noise
Blackened
Interrupted
Breakthrough
Revived
Crises
First Strike
Reapers
A Stone
The Commander
Aftermath
True Power
Reign
Deadly Relief
Consequence
Parental Guidance
Checklist
Rumors
Wishes
Betelgeuse
Life of the Party
The Strongest Bond
Romeo and Juliet
Closer
Preparations
Annual Olympics I
Annual Olympics II
Obsessions
Entranced
Labyrinth
Imprisoned
One at A Time
Guardians
War of Powers
War of Hearts
Nothing Left To Say
Gifted
Rock Climbing
Masquerade I: Glass and Shield
Masquerade II: Blood and Poison
Masquerade III: Veil and Thorn
Masquerade IV: Riptide and Flame
Masquerade V: Tethered Tempest
Unmasked
Betrayed
Crack of Dismay
Remedy
Mysteries
Isles of the Blessed
Anchors
Announcement: Life's Surprises
Queen of Kings
Orion Organization
Veils
Elysian War I
Olympus Academy I Gifts Set
Elysian War II
Elysian War III
Sweet Sixteenth (Special Chapter)
Detached
In Between
Invisible
The Erinyes
Mastermind (OA Book II Raffle)
Achilles' Heel
The Fall
Heartless

Puppet Master

23.4K 1.3K 1.9K
By mahriyumm

L E G E N D S  O F  O L Y M P U S 

A R C  I I : 

R E V E L A T I O N

Reign's POV

I held my breath and slowly lowered myself in the tub with closed, heavy eyes.

'No, don't go to Tartarus...'

Dahan-dahan kong binuksan ang aking mga mata sa ilalim ng tubig at bumungad sa'kin ang mga bituing nakapinta sa buong kisame ng bathhouse ko.

The house I'm sleeping in must have been inspired by day and night. The entrance hall was open to the sky. It was bright, bringing in daylight to my bedroom that I can adjust by closing or opening the partition door.

But it's the bathhouse that was dark, resembling the night sky, because of the stars painted across the ceiling, and the reflective black tiles on the walls and floor.

Malaki na nga ang silid at mas pinalaki pa ito dahil sa uri ng tiles na ginamit nila para sa sahig at bubong. Sinasalamin kasi nito ang liwanag ng nakapintang mga bituin.

Pumikit ako at mabagal na napasinghap nang iahon ko ang aking ulo mula sa tubig.

'You will not come back the same...'

Gods.

Gamit ang aking mga palad, tinakpan ko ang aking mukha. Diniin ko ito sa aking mga mata saka napahilamos.

It's still heavy...

Maingay akong napabuga ng hangin, bago namulat. Napakisap-kisap din ako sa pagbigat ng nararamdaman ko.

I was able to observe Uncle Hector, and I can't help but see his son behind the slightest twitch of his eyes and lips. It was made clear to me that Henri inherited some of his mannerisms and traits, including the way his eyes narrow when he smiles.

Dinaganan ko ng magkabilang palad ang aking basang buhok sabay sandal ng aking ulo sa tub. Tinuwid ko ang aking mga binti at muling napatingala sa mga bituin.

'I may not be able to steal your throne in the Academy, but I will remove you from your place...'

I scoffed, unbelieving.

Did he know I was going to meet the man who raised him?

Umawang ang aking bibig nang mapabuntong-hininga ulit ako.

'I will not let you destroy an empire I have built since I learned how to blame...'

And should I tell him everything his son told me?

'And as a daughter of the crown, you are nothing without an awaiting throne, Reign...'

Kumunot ang aking noo dahil sa pagkabalisa.

'You are nothing without an awaiting throne, Reign...'

For some reason, his voice continued to echo in my thoughts.

"Thrones..." bulong ko sa sarili.

'Your throne in the Academy, but I will remove you from your place...'

Tumuwid ang aking ulo nang may mahinuha ako sa sinabi niya.

He mentioned a throne in the Academy, and another one, didn't he? Only he called it my 'place.'

What place?

"Reign."

Napasinghap ako sa gulat nang bigla kong marinig ang tinig ni Paige. Mabilis ang paglingo'ng ginawa ko sa kanya.

"Paige," sambit ko.

Her brows were furrowed when she gave me a worried look. "Are you okay?"

My eyes fluttered uncontrollably. "Yes-" I sighed as I answered. "Why?"

"You didn't notice me enter," aniya.

"Ah-" Natawa ako nang mahina. "Yes, right-" Napailing ako. "Sorry."

"And you're apologizing?" She pointed out.

"Paige." I sounded exhausted. "Stop."

"Uncle's going to think that he's scaring you if you continue doing that," paalala niya. "Don't look so spaced out when you meet him again."

"It's not him," giit ko. "It's Henri that's still bothering me."

"And his dad's here," dugtong niya.

"Henri..." binulong ko ang pangalan niya. "When he told me he was an enemy, he also said something."

Paige slowly crossed her arms across her chest, and eagerly waited for what I have to say next.

"About secrets..." nagdadalawang-isip kong salaysay, dahil pati ako ay hindi sigurado kung anong ibig sabihin nito. "He said I was keeping one."

"And are you?" usisa niya.

Umiling ako.

"So, he lied," Paige concluded. "Or he's assuming."

"He's the son of Destiny," I reminded her. "Maybe the reason why he acts like he knows everything is because he does know everything, Paige."

"Now, you're the one assuming," aniya.

I chuckled frustratingly. "Paige-"

"I need you to talk to me about this again, when you're sure that you're mind is the one speaking," tugon niya. "And not just your heart."

"Paige-" Napailing ako. "Hindi ko siya dinidipensahan-"

"You sound like you are," she insisted. "Or at least going to."

"But I'm not," I assured her.

"You don't know why he said that, Reign," seryoso niyang sabi. "And the reason might be because he just wanted to lead you off, or confuse you."

Napatigil ako sa sinabi niya.

"You said it yourself," dagdag pa niya. "You think he knows everything, and if he really did, he still chose to betray us."

"I was just considering what he said," paliwanag ko. "I'm not defending him."

She stared at me blankly. 

"What?" tanong ko. "Hindi ba pwede?"

"Just this once, Reign, stop worrying over others who don't deserve a thought from you." Concern was written all over her face when she looked back at me, still with her arms secured across her chest. "He left us, and we will, leave him."

"Ba't ba kung makasabi ka parang hindi pa kayo nagkita?" reklamo ko. "Nakasama natin siya, Paige, kahit saglit lang nagawa mong kilalanin siya, at nakausap."

"Then maybe we're not referring to the same person," sagot niya.

"Henri, an Omega," sabi ko.

"Was," she corrected, dahilan na maingay akong napabuga ng hangin, hindi makapaniwala.

There was no use. She still stood straight, and as stiff as a pole. Her face was unchanging. She still looked stern, meaning that if I don't end our argument now, this will continue on forever.

"I knew him, Paige," nanghihina kong sabi sa kanya. "I saw him when no one else did."

At the balcony, when I found him alone...

"You just think you do," saad niya. "Because if you did know him, then you would've also had the slightest idea of what he's going to do."

"And what he did..." She slowly shook her head. "He turned his back against us."

Napalunok ako nang maalala ang huli naming pagkikita ni Henri.

But he didn't...

"Even if he did not kill those creatures for power, he still allowed it," aniya. "He is an enemy, Reign."

Kung saan-saan dumako ang aking mga mata habang naghahanap ng mga salita. Hindi ako mapakali, dahil may bahagi sa'kin na tanggap ang katotohanang sinabi niya, pero may bahagi rin sa'kin na gustong magbigay ng dahilang hindi ko pa maibibigay.

"Still can't accept that everything could've been a lie?" tanong ni Paige.

Nag-abot ang aking kilay nang salubungin ang malamig niyang tingin.

"Of course." I heard her whisper to herself. "You don't want to accept that you got played. Manipulated by someone else-"

"I was not," mariin kong sabi nang nangangalit ang mga mata.

Sinulyapan ni Paige ang nanghihigpit kong panga bago ako muling tinignan.

"Then stop acting like the past means more than the present to you," tugon niya. "Ako ang nandito. Hindi ang lalaking 'yon. Ako ang kaharap mo ngayon, at hindi siya. Kaya huwag mo akong kausapin na parang kinukumbinsi mo ako na bumalik sa'yo, dahil hindi ako ang umalis, Reign."

"Makikinig ako sa'yo, pero kung gusto mong intindihin kita, ibahin mo ang tono ng boses mo," pagtatapos niya. "Kausapin mo 'ko nang hindi inaalala ang lalaking 'yon."

"Reign..." Her eyes softened, and so did her voice, once she saw me lean back, away from her. "It hurts me to hear you talk about him as if he didn't do anything wrong, because we both know he did everything wrong. You, and me including."

"And don't forget that I can read beyond words," paalala niya. "You can deny all you want but I will still tell you what I see and hear from you."

Kinisap-kisap ko ang unti-unting pamamasa ng aking mga mata. Tumango-tango ako at nanghihinayang na napaiwas ng tingin mula sa kanya.

"Collect yourself." Binaba ni Paige ang kanyang mga braso. "Then maybe we can talk about what you wanted to tell me," sabi niya. "It's interesting."

Wala sa sarili akong napahagod sa balikat ko nang may magawa ako imbes na magsalita dahil hanggang ngayon wala pa rin akong masabi.

"And finish quickly," tugon niya. "Dinner's already prepared."

• • •

Tinignan ko ang lalaking nakaupo sa dulo ng mahabang mesa. Nasa dining area kami ng malaking templo ni Cronus ngayon at kararating lang ni Thanatos na siyang kanina ko pa tinititigan, pati na rin ang anak niyang parang kamukha niya na para ring hindi, dahil magkahawig nga sila, pero magkaiba naman ang kulay ng buhok at mga mata nila.

Katabi ni Thanatos si Raphael at nasa kabilang gilid naman niya si Tita Matilda na kumakain.

Pinaningkitan ko silang tatlo.

I mean, the only one that looks like a normal person to me was Aunt Matilda. Thanatos was unusually big compared to the average-sized human being. He sat taller than the rest of us. He was obviously a god. And then there's Raphael whose hair and eyes were white, and was paler than his father. It also didn't help that he wore only white clothing and silver piercings. He was definitely the strangest to look at among them three.

"Sarap ng pagkain natin, ano? Reign?" ani Amber dahilan na mabaling ang aking atensyon sa kanya.

Binigyan niya ako ng nanunuksong tingin kaya pabiro ko siyang inirapan at nagpatuloy sa pag-kain.

For dinner, we had roasted turkey and grilled vegetables. Mayroon ding adobong manok na ni-request pala ni Tito Hector dahil gusto niya raw ng ulam na may kaunting sabaw.

So far, everything was going smoothly. Nagpalitan lang kami ng pangungumusta nung una, at nagpahayag ng mga komento sa pagkain. Dahil dito, napag-usapan din namin ang patungkol sa pagluluto ni Grey, at pagkatapos ay ang pamumuhay namin sa dorm.

The conversation never drifted to Henri.

And so, we waited.

We waited for the right person to open up about him.

And he did.

"I suppose Henri enjoyed his stay in the Academy while it lasted," ani Tito Hector, nang hindi kami binabalingan, at mahinahong nagpatuloy sa pag-kain.

Nagpalitan kaming Omegas ng tingin, bago sabay na napatuon sa kanya.

"Has he ever reached out to you?" tanong ko. "Ever since..." Hindi ko na kailangan pang ipagpatuloy ito dahil alam kong mabilis niyang maiintindihan ang ibig kong iparating.

Inangat ni Tito ang kanyang tingin sa'kin.

"Would it disappoint you if he didn't?" aniya.

"I wouldn't be surprised," sagot ko.

"Tito, matanong ko lang," sabat ni Amber. "Pwede ka po ba gawin naming pang-blackmail kay Henri-" Kusang tumikom ang kanyang bibig sa sandaling binigyan siya ni Paige ng nagbabantang tingin. "Joke," pagbabawi niya agad, at nagmamadaling pinuno ang kanyang bibig ng pagkain.

Samantalang, lumiwanag ang mga mata ni Bella. "Ipapadala natin kay Henri yung isa sa mga daliri ni Uncle?!"

"Even if you did, Omegas," sabi ni Tito Hector. "I doubt that it would affect him."

"I know that boy too well." Nanliit ang kanyang mga mata. "Once he lays a foundation, or makes a decision, he is sure to stand by it." Napailing siya sabay buntong-hininga. "That's what made him difficult to raise, as you can see," dagdag pa niya. "He rarely changes his mind."

Then, he sneered. "Probably got it from his man."

Thanatos was the next one to speak. "He, is, the son of Destiny, Hector," aniya. "How many times do I have to remind you that?"

Panandaliang umangat-baba ang magkabilang kilay ni Tito Hector. "Right."

Mahinahong nagsalita din si Tita Matilda. "Sinabi ko na rin sa'yo na darating ang araw na kakailanganin mo siyang ipagkatiwala sa sarili niya."

Nilingon siya ni Tito. "O sa tadhana, na ama niya?"

"You only know what he is capable of doing, Hector," sabi ni Tita. "But only Henri knows what he's really doing. Whatever plan he set for himself, whatever future, siya lang ang may alam."

"I'm not going to argue with you," sagot ni Tito. "I already know that, and I'm not denying."

"What..." Nagkasalubong ang aking kilay. "What is he? Capable of?"

Uncle Hector looked at me straight in the eye.

"Henri, Reign, is half-primordial, and part god," he reminded me. "And in his veins, run the golden blood of death and destiny, two deities that hold the power to end."

Kumibot ang isang sulok ng kanyang labi. "He can easily put an end to everything," sabi niya. "Did you know that?"

Hindi maipagkakailang nakuha ng sinabi niya ang buong atensyon namin.

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" usisa ko.

I heard Raphael chuckle from his seat.

"Let's see..." Umayos sa pagkakaupo si Tito. "Where do we start- oh," natutuwa niyang sambit. "Let's start with how he's descended from the creators of magic, death, and destiny."

"He has the Fates tied around his fingers, and they follow him wherever he goes," pagbibigay-alam niya. "Maybe he can't see your entire fate, but he, has the ability to control it."

Strange, I thought. Kung may kapangyarihan nga siyang kontrolin ang tadhana ko, ba't ang pagsabihan lang ako ang ginawa niyang pagpigil sa'kin na pumunta sa Tartarus? Ba't di niya ako pinilit?

"Your realm only sees the man, the mortal, in Henri," he added. "But in our realm, he is already considered a god, Reign."

"Some even go far to call him the true ruler of this abyss." He spoke in a slightly proud tone. "Henri can manipulate the mist, he can see the strings of destiny, and control some of them." He began to enumerate what Henri could do. "Like Raphael, he has the ability to kill a creature with just one touch."

Dumagdag si Raphael. "Except that he doesn't," sabi niya. "He prefers to use his ability to manipulate a creature's destiny with just one touch instead of killing it right away."

"He can what?" Di ako sigurado sa narinig ko.

Nginitian kami ni Tito Hector. "Have you ever heard of the butterfly effect?"

It was Paige who answered. "You mean like how a small movement can create a drastic change?" 

Tumango si Tito. "That boy does not kill nor murder, demigods," pagbibigay-alam niya. "He only ends."

Hindi kami nagsalita at hinintay siyang linawin ang kasasabi niya lang.

"There was one time he saw a bug in his room," aniya. "And though he wanted to kill it, he never stepped on it, touched it, or directly asked someone to kill it for him."

"What he did, back when he was just nine..." pagpapatuloy niya. "Henri amused himself by rearranging one of Matilda's porcelain collection. A nymph got scolded for leaving the cabinets unlocked. This nymph offered to wash every porcelain in the collection, and while doing so, broke a cup because she saw a bug."

"Long story short, a specialist was called to spray the entire palace and exterminate all distracting insects, the bug in Henri's room including," dugtong ni Tito. "So, do you get it?"

My eyes flickered, like a light weakening.

Son of Destiny...

Kumunot ang aking noo. "He has the ability to manipulate fate? And he uses this just to amuse himself?"

"All the gods know this, Reign," ani Tito. "Have you really not noticed some of the deities lower their heads to him?"

Paige and I exchanged worried looks.

But then a word popped up in my mind and it immediately transformed my worry to shame, disappointment, but most of all... anger.

Manipulated.

Bumagsak ang aking paningin sa mesa sa aking harapan.

Manipulated...

Kumibot-kibot ang aking mga daliring nakahawak sa kutsara ko, nagtatangkang bitawan ito. 

My mind was not comprehending the possibility that maybe, just maybe, I really got manipulated, and that Paige was right all along.

That I never knew him from the start.

And maybe, all the genuineness and sincerity he showed me were just... all play.

Manipulated...

Muli akong napakisap-kisap habang nakatulala.

"Have you finally come to realize how powerful a half-primordial is?" Uncle Hector asked. "A son of Destiny?"

But I knew that. I always knew how powerful he was. I knew he might have had the ability to somehow control Destiny.

I just didn't know there would also be a possibility that he would use it on me...

Tinignan ko ang ibang mga kasama ko.

Or on us.

Nilunok ko ang kahihiyang namuo sa lalamunan ko nang mapagtantong, ako ang naging pinakamahina sa'min dahil ako ang pinakamabilis na nagpatinag sa mga salita at gawa ng lalaking 'yon.

Unti-unting namigat ang hangin na nakapalibot sa hapagkainan.

"Reign," tawag sa'kin ni Grey nang mapansin ito.

Umawang ang aking bibig nang magpakawala ako ng nanginginig na hangin, at kasabay nito ay ang pagkalat ng malamig na temperatura mula sa aking kinauupuan.

Dahan-dahan kong binaba ang aking kutsara't tinidor sa plato.

He could be our greatest ally...

My lips pursed from the painstaking reality set before me.

Or our greatest enemy.

I have all the right to be sad because he betrayed me, but I will not let my feelings spiral down into only sadness because I should be mad.

He betrayed not only me, I reminded myself. He betrayed my class, my members, that I am responsible of protecting.

Alam na niya ang pinanggagawa niya, kaya ba't pa ba ako mag-aaksaya ng oras na mag-alala para sa kanya?

What I did was already enough. I treated him like one of us, and now, he is not. Not anymore.

Tapos na akong malungkot sa ginawa niya sa'kin... kaya panahon na siguro na magalit na naman ako sa ginawa niya sa iba.

I don't know what he's up to.

That demigod.

But as of this moment, he is an enemy.

A very powerful one.

"Do the founders know what he's capable of?" I asked, when I suddenly remembered the Alphas who left to fight for a war against the son of Destiny, who thinks he must have everything already in place, and everyone wrapped around his fingers.

An enemy who can manipulate fate...

"I believe I already told them," sagot ni Tito.

I hummed in satisfaction, as if I was contented that the founders already knew about his abilities. When in fact, I was not.

Dad, sambit ko sa aking isipan. I need to talk to Dad.

"Are you okay?" Grey mouthed.

Bilang sagot, gumuhit lang ang isang mapait na ngiti sa aking labi.

"Excuse me," I excused myself from dinner and calmly stood with heavy shoulders, to make sure they see I carried a weight within me.

Nagmukha akong nagpipigil ng lungkot, nang talikuran ko sila at umalis. Sinigurado kong panatilihin ang pamimigat ng mga mata, ulo at mga balikat ko habang sinusundan nila ako ng tingin.

I still felt Raphael's eyes follow me, even after I got out of the temple, kaya hindi ko binago ang tindig ko, at nagkunwaring umalis upang makapagpahinga, pagkatapos akong magulat at madismaya sa sarili ko dahil sa sinabi ni Tito Hector.

I made sure my eyes were lowered in front of me, as if I was looking down, sad and broken, when in reality I was just staring boredly at the ground.

Upon entering my house, I no longer felt Raphael's eyes linger on me.

Manipulated...

Papunta sa kwarto, unti-unting tumaas ang aking noo. Gumaan ang aking magkabilang balikat kaya nagawa ko nang maituwid ang aking likod habang naglalakad.

Manipulated...

Betrayal will hurt me first, but to be manipulated unknowingly...

I gritted my teeth in rage and resentment.

Kailangan kong bumawi sa lahat ng mga sandaling wala akong kaalam-alam. Sa bawat segundong nanghina ako sa harap ng kalaban.

I will only allow myself to be fooled once, because it was one of the consequences of taking the risk.

Tumigil ako pagkapasok sa kwarto.

Manipulated... was I? or was I not? No one knows what he did except him.

Kumunot ang aking noo.

Maybe he really is, playing god.

Binuksan ko ang mga palad kong namamanhid dahil hindi ko napansing kanina pa pala ito mahigpit na nakakuyom.

Tama naman kasi si Paige.

Hindi ko na kailangang mag-alala para sa kanya, dahil hindi siya ang kasama ko ngayon. Hindi na siya kasali sa mga taong nandito para sa'kin, dahil sa kabila ng lahat, pinili niya pa ring umalis.

Gumuhit ang isang nasasaktang ngiti sa aking labi.

Baka nga nagawa lang niya lahat sa'kin yon para lalo akong pahirapan pagkaalis niya.

Natawa ako nang mahina.

Ang tanga ko, kasi umaasa pa rin ako. Pero panahon na siguro na unahin ko muna ang mga taong kasama ko, ang mga taong dapat kong protektahan mula sa kanya.

Wala na rin naman akong natitirang magawa para sa kanya, kundi ang kalabanin siya.

Raphael's POV

"What did I say about reading a book while on the table, Raph?"

I almost choked on my food after Mother asked. Closing the book that's on top of my lap, I gently smiled at her and picked up my fork again.

"Apologies, Mother." I shook my head and chuckled. "I thought no one was going to break the silence after Reign left."

"Ma soeur..." mahinang sambit ni Grey. "She's been treating everyone with hostility, and we're not excluded." He gave us an apologetic smile. "Pardon."

While Grey asked us to excuse Reign, it was Paige, who defended her.

"You should understand," aniya. "She is someone who does not easily let her guard down, in front of both enemies and allies."

"She's going through something," dagdag pa ni Vance. "Let her leave whenever she wants to."

One by one, I looked at the Omegas seated around me. My eyes squinted, at the stories I have heard about them, and their bond.

Dahan-dahang pumiling ang aking ulo sa gilid habang pinagmamasdan sila.

They say the average mortal will cower in front of an Omega's presence, and they may not know this yet but they're just one talk away into having the same reputation as of the gods'.

Nanliit ang aking mga mata.

No wonder why Zeus sees them as a nuisance.

Kumibit-balikat ako at nagpatuloy sa pag-kain.

And now they learn that blood is nothing to the gods. You are not family when they see you as a threat. You are, an enemy.

"Pasensya na Tito Hector, pero di ko po talaga gusto si Henri simula pa lang nung una kaming nagkita," ani Amber. "Sabi ko na nga bang may mali sa lalaking 'yon, eh-"

"Pero inubos niya pa rin laman ng ID ni Henri, Tito," pagsusumbong ni Zack. "Parang timang lang."

"Unfortunately, I can't ask for apology in behalf of my son." Uncle Hector was the first to empty his plate. "Especially after everything he's done." He straightened his back against his seat. "I could only hope for the best for you and for him."

"So, which side are you on?" Ash asked, after spending most of dinner only listening.

Uncle hummed in deep thinking. "I want the same as you," aniya. "I want to protect all those I love. My realm including, but also my son."

"Would you want us to kill him if given the chance?" tanong ni Vance. "Because we plan to."

"Some wars can be won without beheading the king, Vance," sagot ni Tito.

"Only some," giit ni Vance.

"If that's what it takes to end this war, sure, kill him," ani Tito. "But I have already warned you, that if Reign is someone who does not lower her sword in front of allies and enemies, it is Henri who points his sword at both."

Like a god, pagpapatuloy ko sa sinabi niya gamit ang aking isipan.

"You need to remember that no matter how much humanity he has shown you," dagdag pa niya. "He is still a half-primordial, one descended directly from the first gods."

"I have done my part in raising him as my own. The best that I could." Uncle Hector's brows raised with truth and sincerity. "But one could only do much, to a son of Destiny."

"Stay vigilant, Omegas," he advised. "We're all puppets of destiny and his son is a master."

Needless to say, the dinner ended with anxiety as a tasty dessert. I could feel everyone's relief when Father finally finished his food and announced their leave.

"I thought that dinner ended well," nagagalak kong sabi nang makaalis na sila.

The Omegas' exhausted looks disagreed. I remain seated while they suggested to rest early and left me alone inside the dining hall of the temple.

Ash and Grey forgot to offer a hand in cleaning the table, but I understood.

Bumuga ako ng hangin sabay sandal ng aking likod sa upuan, habang hinihintay sila na isa-isang makalabas ng templo. Inangat ko ang aking isang paa at komportable itong idinekwatro. Sinimulan ko na ang paglalaro ng mga daliri ko nang ihatid ko ng tingin si Grey na siyang huling pumasok sa bahay niya.

Pagkatapos, unti-unti akong napatingin sa malayo.

Taking a deep breath has never been the most relieving, and letting it all out in a short humm, has never felt more intense.

Inaantok ang aking mga mata nang wala sa sarili akong napangiti.

My own power gathered at the back of my throat. It felt cold, and steam came out of my mouth as I whispered, "War of Powers..."

Nabaling ang aking atensyon sa tunog ng pumapagaspas na mga pakpak, dahilan na mapatingala ako sa itim na ibong nakapatong sa tuktok ng isa sa pillars ng templo. Isa itong uwak na may gintong mga mata.

"You're late," puna ko at saka tumayo na. "Dinner just ended."

The crow looked back at me emptily, to show me it didn't care less.

Sinenyasan ko itong maglaho na, bago naglakad palabas ng dining hall at tumungo sa pinakamahabang corridor ng templo kung saan isang malaking istatwa ni Cronus ang nakatayo sa kabilang dulo, at sa likod nito, nakadikit sa pader ang isang malaking gintong orasan.

Something white caught my eye. It was a long white leathered jacket that appeared from the other end of the hall and flew towards me. I raised my arms to catch it and circled it around me to wear it.

This war of powers...

I cuffed my sleeves.

It will either end or save everything.

Binilisan ko ang aking mga hakbang nang lumitaw sa harapan ng istatwa ni Cronus ang isang puting portal. Umabot sa akin ang lamig ng mist na nakapalibot nito, at patuloy itong lumaki upang salubungin ako.

Nilagpasan ako ng uwak na nakita ko sa dining hall kanina, at inunahan ako sa loob ng portal.

A few steps away from the portal, I suddenly came to a halt after remembering what Ash asked.

'So, which side are you on?'

I stared at the other side of the portal, before gently covering my mouth with my hand.

Which side am I on?

A mask made of white veil appeared to stop my lips from speaking the answer. I gave the clock one last look to make sure I was on time and finally stepped into the portal.

Upon entering another temple, one that's ancient, I smirked at the silence that greeted me. There was not one guard, even though they already know that I'm here for them.

Kumibit-balikat ako at tumungo na sa pinakamalaking silid ng templo, at gano'n pa rin. Wala pa ring ni isang bantay na sumugod sa'kin. Katahimikan lang ang bumungad sa'kin, at ang council na mahinahong nakaupo sa nakahanay na mga upuan.

"You've come," one of them announced.

"Yes," I said under my breath while investigating the whole area. From the thickest vines that ran along the walls, to the smallest stones scattered across the floor. Nothing seemed suspicious to me.

Pinaningkitan ko ang isang maliit na bitak sa sahig, bago ibinalik ang aking tingin sa oracles. May iba sa kanilang nakapikit, at may ibang nakabukas ang walang-lamang butas ng kanilang mga mata.

"We're not giving you a fight, son of death," the elderly man in the middle spoke. "We are not giving you what you want."

I snickered.

"You were ordered to kill us," he said, his voice echoing with regret, but also with a strange calm, as if he already accepted his fate. "Were you not?"

"Just put you into eternal slumber," I corrected him. "Seeing as to how kind you are to me, I will make sure you will not feel hurt."

"Ah, a merciful murderer," a woman remarked with a sad smile. 

"Mmm," I hummed gratefully.

"Does he hate us?" the man in the middle spoke again.

Umiling ako. "No," sagot ko. "He just wants to destroy your thrones, and bring you down with it."

It's just what it takes to win this war. And for him to have his one and only throne, he needs to eliminate the rest.

The lids of the oracle's eyes lowered a bit, along with his head. "This is how we end?" He gently gripped the edges of his armrest, and smiled blankly. "Yes," Answering his own question, he nodded. "It is time."

Beside him, the rest of the council moved their heads to agree.

"Thank him for us," sabi niya. "For sending you instead of his other men."

"We would rather sleep under your veil, than meet the sharp end of a blade, an arrow, or a bullet," another oracle laughed bitterly.

Funny, I thought to myself. Who said I was going to let them sleep under my veil?

Mula sa council, dahan-dahang umangat ang aking tingin sa lumang chandelier na nakasabit sa itaas ng platform nila.

"Oh, you're going to die beautifully," I said. "You do not need to worry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.9M 1.7M 40
She is Ariela Davis, an ordinary girl with an ordinary life. Pero dahil sa isang insidente kinailangan niyang lumipat sa bagong school sa gitna ng ka...
261K 7.6K 55
What if a mafia queen got reincarnated as a weak? bitch?slut? princess....... and that body becomes her body??? will she accept the truth??or not?? S...
11.3M 507K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #02 ◢ Elysian Oracle - the oracle of Elysium, the highest oracle of the realms. The Alphas know it isn't over. The Gods are cons...
43.3K 1.7K 42
[COMPLETED] Following the broken engagement with the Crown Prince while struggling to adapt to her new environment, Myrtle Edelwyse now needs to marr...