Legends of Olympus (On Hold)

By mahriyumm

In Olympus Academy, the first and only school to house Filipino demigods and mythological creatures, students... More

Legends of Olympus
Born Ready
Family
Future Rising
Olympus Academy
The Omegas
Emergence
Game of Thrones
Price of Power
Responsibility
Balance
Spells
Reputation
Thunder Child
Groceries
Skies
Love Story
The Omega Way
Amnesia
Figures
Pandora
Taking the Lead
Languages
Auraic Studies
Ultimate Control
Deep Sleep
Curiosity
Black Market
Frustrations
Top Student
The Tenth
White Knights
Australia
North America
Destined
West Asia
Africa
Europe
Loyalty
South America
East Asia
The Noise
Blackened
Interrupted
Breakthrough
Revived
Crises
First Strike
Reapers
A Stone
The Commander
Aftermath
True Power
Reign
Deadly Relief
Consequence
Parental Guidance
Checklist
Rumors
Wishes
Betelgeuse
Life of the Party
The Strongest Bond
Romeo and Juliet
Closer
Preparations
Annual Olympics I
Annual Olympics II
Obsessions
Entranced
Labyrinth
Imprisoned
One at A Time
Guardians
War of Powers
War of Hearts
Nothing Left To Say
Gifted
Rock Climbing
Masquerade I: Glass and Shield
Masquerade II: Blood and Poison
Masquerade III: Veil and Thorn
Masquerade IV: Riptide and Flame
Masquerade V: Tethered Tempest
Unmasked
Betrayed
Crack of Dismay
Remedy
Mysteries
Anchors
Puppet Master
Announcement: Life's Surprises
Queen of Kings
Orion Organization
Veils
Elysian War I
Olympus Academy I Gifts Set
Elysian War II
Elysian War III
Sweet Sixteenth (Special Chapter)
Detached
In Between
Invisible
The Erinyes
Mastermind (OA Book II Raffle)
Achilles' Heel
The Fall
Heartless

Isles of the Blessed

23.1K 1.4K 2K
By mahriyumm

Paige's POV

"Since when?" pabulong na tanong ni Vance sa'kin nang magpahuli kami sa kanila papalabas ng dining room.

"Since Henri left." Pareho kaming seryosong nakatuon sa harapan. "Worsened when we found out about the deities."

"Keep an eye on her-"

"You're underestimating her power to control," giit ko.

"Better underestimate than over." He slightly lowered his head, as if preparing to meet head-on a storm. "So, keep an eye on her, don't let her leave your sight, and report to me all changes you're noticing." He instructed before quickening his steps to catch up to Grey.

Binilisan ko rin ang aking mga hakbang upang tabihan si Reign.

"Your brother's worried about me," napagtanto niya.

"We all are," tugon ko.

"Underestimating my awareness and control, Paige?" nadidismaya niyang tanong.

"No," I assured her. "Just worried."

"Vance thinks I'm slipping, doesn't he?" tanong niya. "That's why he talked to you?"

"Why wouldn't he?" sagot ko. "You've been looking at us cold."

"I'm sorry if I can't look at you the same way that I used to," aniya. "But I need you to know that I don't plan to lose myself."

Nilingon niya ako, suot ang isang malungkot na ngiti. "It's what I promised to Mom, did you know that?"

Umiling ako.

"I am not a god, Paige." Mahina siyang natawa. "I was raised by a pair of loving parents, and a pair of even more loving siblings," paalala niya. "So rest assured that I am not going to be overcome by revenge and madness, and turn out to be like one of those... deities."

I tried my best to hide a proud and relieved smile.

"Di ako katulad mo na pilit tinatago yung ngiti," sabi niya dahilan na mailabas ko na nga ang pinipigilan kong ngiti.

"I'm always proud of you, do you know that?" pagbibigay-alam ko sa kanya. "The Orion have nothing against you, honestly."

"Sinasabi mo lang 'yan kasi inunahan kitang pagaanin yung loob mo," natatawa niyang sabi. "Kung dapat ikaw 'tong nagpapanatag ng loob ko."

"I already expected that to happen," giit ko.

Umangat ang magkabilang kilay niya. "Did you?"

"You're Reign," kampante kong sabi sa kanya. "I've known you since the moment I could remember."

She nodded her head in acknowledgement.

"I would never underestimate you," dagdag ko. "Because all you ever did was exceed our expectations."

"Okay lang," aniya. "Hindi naman nakaka-pressure."

"You..." I teasingly nudged her shoulder. "-are the top student of the Academy," paalala ko sa kanya. "And you are the only demigod who possess the most control and awareness, to the point that you were able to develop the legendary ability of aura manipulation."

"You are your own empire, Skyreign Austria," I proudly said. "One that will never fall."

Unti-unting umangat ang magkabilang sulok ng kanyang labi upang mamuo ng isang magaang ngiti. 

"Because I have the strongest foundations," dugtong niya. "Unbreakable pillars..." Nilingon niya ako. "That includes you..." Humarap siya sa mga kasama namin at napabulong, "All of you..."

Admiration for the girl beside me conquered the worries I had for her.

Reign is Reign. Sometimes she could be as gentle and caring and thoughtful as her mother, but sometimes she could also be as short-tempered and serious and cold, just as her father.

But she's as strong as them both. As wise, as loving... and as powerful.

Palihim akong napangiti, kontento na sa kasiguruhang sinabi at pinaramdam niya sa'kin.

It's just what happens when you give a powerful heir an invincible crown.

They both create an indestructible empire.

We arrived at the entrance hall where the lampads and Benedict, waited for us with our bags and cases. And in the middle, a portal made out of white light opened, revealing on the other side a golden field that stretched as far as the eyes can see. 

Elysium...

The small sillhouettes of the mountains far beyond were painted blue because of the bright sky.

Napatigil ako sa tanawin na naghihintay sa'min sa kabilang dako ng portal, at nanatili akong nakatulala rito hanggang sa hindi ko namalayang nailipat na ng lampads ang lahat ng mga gamit namin sa loob nito.

The Elysian Fields, or the Isles of the Blessed...

Dahan-dahan akong napalakad papalapit dito at nalamang may ibang kaparangan din na iba't iba ang kulay, hindi lang ginto o dilaw.

There was no sun, but the sky was as bright as the golden hours of the day, and a calm breeze escaped from the portal, that made my eyes flutter the moment it passed by me.

And it seems like I wasn't the only one stuck in awe, because Reign also stood beside me, stunned by the view inside the portal.

So how much more if we enter it?

"Elysium, the land untouched by sorrow, and unstained by darkness..." Raphael introduced to us the paradise on the other side. "Where heroes and the kindest souls live, and everything flourishes."

Nginitian niya kami pagkatapos. "My home."

"Homer describes it as a place that's far from the deathless gods..." ani Vance. "Is it true?"

"Yes," sagot ni Raphael. "We are the safest here."

"Homer? Yan ba yung tatay ni Henri?" tanong ni Amber.

"Hector yun, tanga," sumbat ni Zack sa kanya. "Si Homer yung cartoon character."

"Hindi!" giit naman ni Bella. "Si Homer yung nagsulat ng Iliad at saka Odyssey!"

Homer, the legendary author of the Iliad and Odyssey. One of the greatest and most influential authors of all time, and the mortal realms still describe him as a writer of legends because they are still unsure whether he really existed or not.

"So, where are we staying?" tanong ko kay Raphael.

"At Cronus' castle," pagbibigay-alam niya. "But don't worry, the titan's not anymore sleeping there. For the gods have decided to separate his body again and distributed it to the different ends of the world after the rebellion."

"Di kaya gano'n din yung gagawin nila sa'tin?" ani Amber. "Eh kasi diba sabi niyo takot sa'tin yung mga ambisyosong 'yon?"

"Kung 'yan nga yung balak nilang gawin sa'tin, eh di advanced happy birthday kay Bella," tugon ni Zack kay Bella na napahagikgik, tila kinikilig sa posibilidad na paghihiwa-hiwalayin nga ng deities ang mga katawan namin at itatapon sa bawat dulo ng mundo.

"Although..." Bumalik ang aming atensyon kay Raphael na nagsalita ulit. "The castle is where Cronus' eyes are being kept, after Hector returned them. I would love to show it to you but it is buried inside the castle's foundations."

"Are we going to meet him?" tanong ni Vance. "Uncle Hector?"

Nanumbalik ang nananabik na ngiti ni Raphael sa kanyang labi. "Maybe," aniya. "Would you like to?"

"Reign, sabihin mo sa'kin na may dala kang make-up," nagmamadaling sabi ni Amber. "Sa dinami-rami pa naman ng dala mo."

"I did," Reign replied.

"Nice," puna ni Amber. "Pahiram na rin ako ng mga damit."

"Shall we?" Raphael raised his hand and signaled us to enter the portal.

"Woooh!" sabay na sigaw nina Zack at Amber na nag-unahan patungo rito. Sumunod naman sa kanila si Bella na napasilip muna sa kabilang dako ng portal bago lumundag papasok dito.

Ash was next to enter, followed by Vance and Grey.

Nagpasalamat si Reign kay Benedict at sa mga lampads bago pumasok ng portal. Samantalang, binigyan ko naman sila ng huling sulyap, saka sumunod sa kanya.

Sa sandaling bumungad sa'kin ang bagong realm na pinasukan namin, hindi ko naiwasang mapaatras ng isang hakbang dahil sa puting liwanag na bumalot sa aking paningin bago ko naaninag ang kapaligiran.

Napakurap-kurap ako.

Gods. I actually felt like I died for a moment there.

"Unfortunately, we don't have any sort of transportation or servants here," sabi ni Raphael. "Can you all fly?"

"I guess I can use my ability for the rest of us," suhestyon ko.

Just then, white wings appeared to spread behind Raphael's back. It blocked our entire view and though it was clearly solid, his wings did not cast a shadow. Light went through his feathers instead, illuminating our eyes.

"May..." Narinig ko ang namamanghang sambit ni Reign. "May pakpak ka rin?"

"And a domain under it, yes," sagot ni Raphael.

Pagkatapos, napansin ko ang paglingon ni Reign pataliwas sa direksyon namin.

Nagtaka ako sa inasta niya pero saglit lang dahil agad din siyang humarap sa'min. "How far is the castle?"

Raphael chuckled and took a step back to show us a sillhouette of a plateau in the middle of the wide fields. On top, stood a monument, that's the same size as an acropolis, or a 'high city' in Greece, a little city that's built on top of a rocky mountain, made to be the home of kings and queens, and gods.

Mount Olympus is also considered an acropolis, for the Olympians who live there. As well as the acropolis of Athens, that's frequently visited by tourists.

"Diyan tayo maninirahan?!" Napasigaw si Amber. "Tayo lang?!"

"Bro, ano?" ani Zack. "Tig-iisa ba tayo ng bahay?"

"If you want, brother," nagagalak na sagot ni Raphael. "Cronus' castle is surrounded by temple-like houses that are supposed to be for his servants and worshippers."

"I was born up there and have been living alone there since," dagdag pa niya. "Because Mother prefers to live with Father in his castle."

"Alone?" Vance asked. "For years?"

"Happily alone." Nginitian siya ni Raphael. "In total peace, and in paradise."

"Raph naman, bro!" Napasuntok si Zack sa hangin. "Ba't hindi mo sinabi sa'kin?! Eh di sana sinamahan kita!"

"Oh, sige nga." Nakapameywang si Amber sa kanya. "Pakamatay ka nga muna."

• • •

Raphael was serious when he said we're going to have one house each.

All the houses were made of white marble and were structured like small temples. I don't know what the other's houses look like but once you enter mine, a statue of Cronus seated on his throne greets you, surrounded by a small open garden.

Pinasok ko ang aking mga gamit at tinulak pasarado ang malaking pinto. Hatak-hatak ang maleta ko at bitbit ang bag, dumako ako sa gitna ng walang bubong na foyer ng bahay at napatingala sa kalangitan.

I silently smiled in satisfaction, and slowly lowered my head to look at the walkway behind the statue. I followed the path, and was led to my bright and cozy bed chamber where I peacefully settled my things.

Nasa kalagitnaan ako ng paglalabas ng mga damit ko nang mahagip ng aking tenga ang mahinang tunog ng gumagalaw na tubig.

Tumayo ako at nalamang nanggaling ito sa kabilang dako ng isang pintuang hugis arko. Dahan-dahan akong lumapit dito, at pagkapasok ay agad napahinto.

Bumungad sa'kin ang maaliwalas na banyo na may malaking tub sa gitna. Hugis bilog ang bathtub, gawa sa marmol at pinalibutan ng hagdan bilang paanan.

Sumilip ako sa loob nito at nakitang may dalawang butas ito kung saan pumapasok at lumalabas ang napakalinaw na tubig.

Umupo ako sa dulo ng tub at saka inilibot ang aking paningin sa bathhouse.

I was surrounded by another garden, with vines and flowers hanging along the walls. There were pillars too, on each corner of the room, and-

Napatigil ako nang makita ang espasyo sa pader na pinagitnaan ng dalawang pillars.

Napatayo ako.

A bathhouse... and a spring?

Luminga-linga ako para masigurong walang nakakakita sa'kin, bago nananabik na pinuntahan ang outdoor spring na nasa gitna ng damuhan at mas malaking hardin. 

It was complete with marble statues of baby cupids that continuously poured water inside the bluish green natural spring. And there was a little waterfall too, along the wall, and butterflies flew on top of one flower to another.

"Putangina! Gusto ko nang mamatay!" Umalingawngaw ang matinis na sigaw ni Amber.

Natawa ako nang mahina at saka lumuhod sa tabi ng spring para damhin ang tubig. Kasunod na lumiwanag ang aking mukha nang mahinuhang tama nga ang kutob ko na hot spring ito.

"Waaait!" Narinig kong sigaw ni Bella mula sa labas. "Aling bahay ka?!"

Nakaupo pa rin ako sa damo nang iikot ko na naman aking paningin.

Paradise...

So all they said about Elysium really is true. It's total bliss. Heaven. Where everything is at peace, including the souls living in it.

"Men! Ayoko nang pumunta sa Tartarus!" sigaw naman ni Zack. "Iwan niyo nalang kami ng brother-bro ko! Kalimutan niyo na ako! Mamumuhay na ako nang mapayapa!"

"Anong nanay?! Wala akong nanay! Tatay! Wala rin akong kapatid!" dagdag pa niya. "Sino kayo?! Kaluluwa na ako na taga-Elysium!"

"Ang ingay! Binabahiran mo yung lugar, eh!" ani Amber.

I chuckled lightly but only for a few seconds, because I paused as soon as I heard the voice of someone else coming from the entrance of the garden spring.

"So, you got it." Nakatayo si Grey habang tinitignan ang kabuuang silid. "Raphael told me there was a garden-themed house."

Tumikhim ako at mahinahong tumayo.

"Wanna switch?" aya niya.

"No," seryoso kong sagot. "I like it here."

"Mine has a library in it," sabi niya.

I already brought my own books, so... "No."

"And an open view of the fields," he added.

"Still, no."

Nanliit ang kanyang mga mata kaya pinaningkitan ko rin siya bilang ganti.

"But I want this house," giit niya.

"I came here first," paalala ko sa kanya.

Taking in a deep breath, he pocketed his hands.

"Fine," he calmly answered. "Then I'm going to live here with you."

"No," I coldly insisted. "You can't."

His voice grew with determination. "I will."

Napahugot din ako ng malalim na hininga sa tigas ng ulo niya.

Calm down, Paige, you are in the Isles of the Blessed.

Pinigilan ko ang aking mga palad na kumuyom sa inis.

Peace... I whispered to myself. You should be in peace, like every other soul that lives in Elysium...

"You are disturbing me," mahinahon kong sabi ni Grey, na may kaunting galit.

"I mean-" He shrugged. "It wouldn't be the first time if we slept together."

An exhausted whimper almost escaped my lips.

The gods are testing me.

Mula sa kanya, dahan-dahan akong napatingin sa malayo.

I can't throw him through the wall, and disrupt the peace here in Elysium.

"Fine," I answered, eyes empty as I looked back at him, and voice uninterested. "But you're not sleeping on the bed."

"Bien." A triumphant grin curved his lips. "Let me go get my things."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 65.2K 79
Previous title: SIGNUS ACADEMY Her family was killed. The kings and queens were their murderers. Having the unique ability like no other, she decided...
7.3M 436K 114
Isa ang Merton Academy sa mga kilalang paaralan sa buong Pilipinas. Karamihan sa mga nag-aaral dito ay mga kabataang may talento pagdating sa akademi...
11.3M 507K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #02 ◢ Elysian Oracle - the oracle of Elysium, the highest oracle of the realms. The Alphas know it isn't over. The Gods are cons...