Legends of Olympus (On Hold)

By mahriyumm

In Olympus Academy, the first and only school to house Filipino demigods and mythological creatures, students... More

Legends of Olympus
Born Ready
Family
Future Rising
Olympus Academy
The Omegas
Emergence
Game of Thrones
Price of Power
Responsibility
Balance
Spells
Reputation
Thunder Child
Groceries
Skies
Love Story
The Omega Way
Amnesia
Figures
Pandora
Taking the Lead
Languages
Auraic Studies
Ultimate Control
Deep Sleep
Curiosity
Black Market
Frustrations
Top Student
The Tenth
White Knights
Australia
North America
Destined
West Asia
Africa
Europe
Loyalty
South America
East Asia
The Noise
Blackened
Interrupted
Breakthrough
Revived
Crises
First Strike
Reapers
A Stone
The Commander
Aftermath
True Power
Reign
Deadly Relief
Consequence
Parental Guidance
Checklist
Rumors
Wishes
Betelgeuse
Life of the Party
The Strongest Bond
Romeo and Juliet
Closer
Preparations
Annual Olympics I
Annual Olympics II
Obsessions
Entranced
Labyrinth
Imprisoned
One at A Time
Guardians
War of Powers
War of Hearts
Nothing Left To Say
Gifted
Masquerade I: Glass and Shield
Masquerade II: Blood and Poison
Masquerade III: Veil and Thorn
Masquerade IV: Riptide and Flame
Masquerade V: Tethered Tempest
Unmasked
Betrayed
Crack of Dismay
Remedy
Mysteries
Isles of the Blessed
Anchors
Puppet Master
Announcement: Life's Surprises
Queen of Kings
Orion Organization
Veils
Elysian War I
Olympus Academy I Gifts Set
Elysian War II
Elysian War III
Sweet Sixteenth (Special Chapter)
Detached
In Between
Invisible
The Erinyes
Mastermind (OA Book II Raffle)
Achilles' Heel
The Fall
Heartless

Rock Climbing

15.4K 1.3K 1.2K
By mahriyumm

Hedone's POV

When Eris told me we were going to pass through Tartarus' navel, I didn't think she meant rock climbing.

Kumapit ako sa isang bato at itinuwid ang aking binti na nakatukod sa kabilang dako ng makitid na lagusan. Pahaba ito na paikot, at nangangamoy bulok na keso.

Was someone seriously not in charge of cleaning Tartarus' belly button?!

Inangat ko ang aking sarili at naghanap ng maapakan. Nakaramdam ako ng matigas na bato kaya tinapik-tapik ko ito gamit ang dulo ng paa ko at tutukuran na sana ito nang bigla kong marinig ang boses ni Eris.

"I told you not to step on my head or else you'll kick it off!"

Her voice echoed along the dark tunnel that we were in.

"Yeah, well I can't see anything!" reklamo ko. "And why didn't you just fly up and brought me a rope or something?"

"It will take me a full day!" aniya. "We haven't even arrived in the navel yet! So climb if you do not want us to get stuck in this tunnel!"

"But I'm tired!"

It was true. I was sweating profusely and the smell of rot is starting to stick on my skin. My arms are numbing and my legs are almost trembling from lifting my whole body.

"Stop acting like a spoiled deity and start climbing!" galit niyang sabi.

Inirapan ko siya at nagpatuloy sa pag-akyat.

I mean, I guess this was better than passing through Tartarus' anus? 

And though I am afraid of the dark, I have Eris with me that I can't see but I know was just below me.

"My hands are bleeding, you know," pagbibigay-alam ko sa kanya.

"So is my neck after being cut off."

"Who did your stitches, anyway?" Sinigurado ko munang maayos na nakabaon sa lupa o sa loob ng pusod ni Tartarus ang isang malaking bato, bago hawakan ito at ginamit bilang leverage ng pag-akyat ko.

"And staples? Really?" dagdag ko, saka naghanap na naman ng batong maaapakan pagkaangat ko.

"I did," matipid niyang sagot.

"Huh." Binitawan ko ang manipis na batong nahawakan ko at naghanap ng iba. "You deserve it, I guess."

Hindi na siya nagsalita pa kaya nagbukas na naman ako ng bagong usapan.

"So, how big is Tartarus exactly?" I asked, curiously.

"I know what you're thinking, Idonís."

Palihim akong napangiti pagkatapos niya akong tawagin sa Griyegong pangalan ko. Ang una kong pangalan. Ang totoo. 

I am Hedone, but I am also Idonís in Greek, that translates right away to the English word, 'pleasure.'

"No, I am seriously curious," giit ko. "I am one of the younger generation of gods and goddesses, you know, and I am not fond of visiting the Underworld except when I come to deliver a few of my potions to Persephone."

After a few seconds of silence, she finally answered, "Tartarus is unimaginably big."

"When we get out of here..." Isang ideya ang namuo sa utak ko. "Can you let me get a glimpse of his-"

"No."

"But we're coming out of his navel!" paalala ko sa kanya. "We're just close!"

"It will take another day for us to reach his groin," paliwanag niya. "And why is a goddess like you acting like you have never seen a male's nether region before?"

Napakurap-kurap ako at nagpatuloy nalang sa pag-akyat.

At pagkaraan ng ilang sandali, bigla akong natawa.

"They're going to make fun of us, aren't they?" sabi ko sa kanya. "Pleasure and Discord hanging out inside Tartarus' belly button."

"In fact..." Small stones and dust rolled off my arm. "I think Khione's going to laugh at me and turn a whole year into winter because of her unending breath."

"Di pa naman 'yon humihinga kapag tumatawa..." dagdag ko pa.

"Don't talk to me in that cursed language," she warned.

Nagtaka ako. "What cursed language?"

"The one you just used to say that the goddess of snow does not breathe when she laughs."

I chuckled. "You hate them that much?"

"My boyfriend and his friends speak it," pagbibigay-alam ko sa kanya. "It is a very beautiful language that I have learned to love."

"Who was your boyfriend again?" usisa niya.

"Ash," pagmamalaki ko. "Son of the light and the bearer."

"And what's he doing while his lover is in Tartarus?"

"Probably figuring out how to save me," I confidently answered. "Or maybe on his way."

"But we can't talk more about him," tugon ko. "Because then I'd cry and we'd fall off from this tunnel."

• • •

Inilabas ko ang aking kamay mula sa butas sa lupa at kumaway-kaway para ramdamin ang espasyo sa itaas.

"See? I told you we've arrived in an opening," sabi ko kay Eris.

"I thought we skipped it," aniya. "It took us longer time."

I lifted myself up, enough for my head to pop up from the hole.

"See anything?" tanong niya.

Luminga-linga ako. "Just a small cave."

"A carving on the wall?"

Inilibot ko na naman ang paningin ko sa madilim na kweba. Saka ako napatigil nang makita ang malalaking letra na nakaukit sa batong pader nito.

'τρία'

Pinaningkitan ko ito. "Tría?bulong ko at pagkatapos ay yumuko kay Eris na nasa ilalim pa rin ng mga paa ko. "It says three!"

"Then we're in the third cave of the navel," she informed. "It's safe to come out."

Nagkasalubong ang aking kilay. "What do you mean it's safe to come out?"

"If you saw an x then that would have meant it's infested," sabi niya. "There are smaller caves that contain snakes and scorpions, and bats."

Napasimangot ako. "You could've said that before I stuck out my head."

I climbed out of the hole and then reached an arm to Eris who just glanced at my hand before getting up on her own.

"So there are three safe caves in the god's navel?" tanong ko nang mapatayo na siya.

Binigyan niya ako ng isang mansanas mula sa basket niya. "Here," sinenyasan niya akong tanggapin ito. "You need to eat before we climb up again."

"No." Binigyan ko ito ng nandidiring tingin. "It doesn't taste good."

"Would you like me to fry you crickets, then?" 

Agad kong kinuha ang prutas mula sa kamay niya.

"What are the apples for, anyway?" Tinignan ko ang mansanas sa kamay ko.

"Those are blood apples from the labyrinth's orchard," pagbibigay-alam niya. "I'm gathering them to bake an apple pie."

"An apple pie?" I gave her a doubtful look. "That tastes like blood?"

"This isn't the Underworld, pleasure," paalala niya sa'kin. "This is Tartarus."

"Is this what I'm going to eat from now on?" nag-aalangan kong tanong. "Tartarus food?"

She sighed. "There's food that gets thrown from the realms above," sabi niya. "Those might suit your taste."

Walang pa ring ipinagbago sa suot kong ekspresyon.

"You're asking me to eat waste?" nandidiri kong tanong, ulit.

I continued to give her a disgusted look while she stared at me, already bored and definitely exhausted.

"If you really want to eat your kind of food that much, then we're gonna have to go to Nyx's temple in the mountains," she suggested. "And grab as much as offerings that appear there."

"Mountains?" Napailing ako. "Is that Tartarus' abs or something?"

"He doesn't have abs," sabi niya. "But the god has a lot of skin warts, though. Lot of hills on his skin."

"Then what's the mountains?"

Kumunot ang kanyang noo. "Very tall and sharper skin warts?"

"Huh." Unti-unti akong napalihis ng tingin mula kay Eris. "Mountains..."

Bigla akong may naalala kaya mabilis din akong napaharap ulit sa kanya.

"Are we going to pass by his-"

"No," seryoso niyang sambit. "No nether regions."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8M 762K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #01 ◢ Semideus - demigod, a half-immortal child of a God or Goddess. Abigail Young is a student recently expelled from her previo...
389K 28.4K 45
I have always seen myself as a savior from the depth of the sea--a place that I have long conquered. But when you appeared right before my eyes, I re...
96.8K 4.8K 61
(On-Going)
9.9M 495K 80
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #04 ◢ Promise of the Twelve - End of the rebellion as prophecied by the titan goddess, Mnemosyne. It seems like fighting a titan...