The Necromancer King (A Game...

By SovereignOfHeaven

"I shall strike east... and conquer." A Targaryen prince blessed with the gift of boundless potential over al... More

Sack Of King's Landing
Escaping King's Landing
Ambush
Leaving The Kingswood
The Tower Of Joy
A New Home
Trials Of Necromancy
The Art Of Necromancy
Decisions
Private Conversation
The Sea Dragon
Crushing Victory
Reform
Declaration Of War
Preparations
Scattering The Royal Navy
Spoils Of War
Rise Of The Golden Kraken
The Red Woman
Strange Dream
Troublesome News
'Negotiations'
Majestic Declaration
Complete Rebirth
A Single Slash
Dance Between The Dragon And Stallion
Blood-Red Winds
Awakening
A Small Tear
The Silver Khal
Devastating Charge
Humbling
True Power
A Most Pleasing Gift
Intimidation
The Defiant Titan's Fall
The King's Blessing
Late Surrender
The End Of The First Conquest
A Dragon's Gift
Returning Home
Proving A Point
Dire Situation For Robert
A Promise
Judgement
Charity
Power Of Healing
Dream Of Valyria
The Journey Begins
Growing Wings
Twist Of Fate
The Trial Begins
The Humble Saint
Rumbling
Blood Contract
Temporary Alliance
Combined Efforts
Roars Of A Dozen Dragons
Dragon Of The Field
Meanwhile, In Volantis
A Wonderful Feast
Blessings
The Emperor's Return
Reflection
King's Landing
The King's March
A Letter To The Realm
Another Assassination Attempt
Targaryen Madness
A Good First Impression
Fall Of The Proud Lion
Duel Of Kings
King's Judgement
Crown Of Necromancy
Unification
Weights Heavier Than Mountains
Change Of Plans
The Great Tournament
Show of Determination
King of Knights
Dragon Emperor's Night
Brothers Reunited At Last
Time Of Joy
You Are My Brother
First Encounter
Battle Of The Long Lake
A Beautiful Illusion
I Promise
The Last Khal
The End Of Winter
Glittering Midnight Confession
Plans For Rebirth
His Radiance's Blessing
A Wish Granted
The Dragon Reborn
First Blood
The Rebuild Begins
Valentine's Day Special
Trials Of The Heart
Loss
A Different Time
'Humble' Valyrian Traveller
The King Who Flew
The Last Storm
Lord Reaper of Pyke
Now And Forever
The Bedding
Reap What They Sow
A True Dragon
The Loveless Marriage
Uncertain Bloodline
Reveal
Bold Move
The Door
Confession
Duty
King of Beasts

Unexpected Arrival

624 31 1
By SovereignOfHeaven

After over ten intense tilts, Ser Oswell almost fell Ser Jaime which led to the latter taking the round more seriously. In the end, Ser Jaime's lance was true and dropped Ser Oswell, much to the crowd's pleasure. Despite being a controversial figure in the past and earning the dreaded titles of Kingslayer and Oathbreaker, Jaime is certainly popular now. This was mostly due to Aerion Targaryen's own influence, of course, who had long since pardoned the deed himself. Now that Aerion was the one who sat on the Iron Throne, this pardon was all the more prevalent.

"I'm both glad and dismayed at the thought of facing you in the finals... if I make it past Ser Barristan." Aerion Targaryen remarked as Jaime Lannister joined his side once more. "Of course, you'd have to win against Ser Arthur as well."

"Ser Arthur will be a difficult match..." Ser Jaime admitted. "But if I have you wishing for my victory, then it is all but guaranteed."

"You want me to cheer you on?"

"I would be more inclined to succeed, yes." Ser Jaime nodded, grinning as he did so. "Won't you?"

"I'll consider it."

"As I am blessed with greater strength, you may use magic to compensate, my Emperor." Jaime Lannister stated, providing ground for a fairer exchange if they did face each other. "It would only be fair."

"And what if I accidentally throw you into the Blackwater Bay with a small touch of wind?"

"Then I will have to make my journey back, naturally." Ser Jaime smiled.

"I see." Aerion chuckled and looked onwards to the next round.

~

"How are you enjoying the festivities, Lord Tywin?" Aerion Targaryen approached Tywin Lannister in his free time, observing his covered blind eye and fancy hat (which intentionally hid the mark of House Targaryen).

"They serve their purpose."

"Grumpy old man." Aerion Targaryen remarked, smiling slightly. "Are you rooting for me in the Grand Joust, I wonder?"

"You know the answer to that, Your Grace."

"Ser Jaime hasn't ever won a tourney before, has he?"

"Perhaps that has something to do with his long exile at your side, Your Grace. If not, he would've won plenty, I am sure."

"Sounds like you would've preferred the possibility of Jaime leaving me to die."

"An astute observation, Your Grace, though I will not state whether it is true or not. In truth, I'd rather my son spend his time on what is his true duty and not living as a glorified bodyguard. His actions against the Mad King would warrant the 'punishment' of being dismissed when Robert became King."

"Hahaha..." Aerion Targaryen couldn't help but laugh a little as he stood accused. "Trust me, I gave Jaime the option to be Lord of Casterly Rock plenty of times and he strongly objected to the notion every time. He doesn't want that burden, which I completely understand. I could force him to undertake that position, of course... but I would honestly rather have him at my side."

"And with you here, I won't need another Lord Paramount of the Westerlands. Jaime solved his own problem by giving me reason to spare you, it seems..."

"And what of succession?" Lord Tywin questioned. "Who will replace me after I die?"

"You will replace yourself when I resurrect you." Aerion Targaryen chuckled. "Though, I will always encourage Ser Jaime to find himself a good woman. Or will it be the Imp who lays the seeds of House Lannister?"

House Lannister becoming a house of dwarves certainly wasn't on Tywin Lannister's bucket list.

"... You love to mock me, don't you?"

"You must've realised that a long time ago, Lord Tywin. I'd rather approach you with a mocking smile than a furious expression that never fades. My forehead would grow far too many wrinkles if I had done the latter, I fear."

"I see."

"With your good eye?"

"... You have Aery's early sense of humour." Lord Tywin decided not to take the bait, complimenting him instead.

"Should I be proud?"

"No one could doubt his charm at that time." Lord Tywin nodded without any deception in his voice. "Though, unlike him, you have the ability and will to carry out your ambitions. That is a trait that I can respect."

"I never thought Lord Tywin was one for flattery." Aerion Targaryen replied, pleasantly surprised. "You and my grandfather were good friends in the old days, I hear..."

"That was a long time ago... when I thought I knew him." Lord Tywin stood up from his seat and looked at Aerion for a brief, few, seconds. "You are what he wanted to be."

"..."

Aerion Targaryen stood still as Lord Tywin walked past him.

"If I may say one more thing, Your Grace... don't betray his trust in you."

He didn't mention who's trust but Aerion could guess who he was referring to.

~

After the top four had been decided, the Grand Joust was halted until the following day's afternoon. This was to build anticipation and give the spectators a break before evening would fall. The remaining four competitors were; Ser Jaime Lannister, Ser Barristan Selmy, Ser Arthur Dayne and Aerion Targaryen himself. The Kingsguard had all dominated the Grand Joust overall, ending their rounds with a single tilt every time until Ser Jaime had faced Ser Oswell. Meanwhile, Aerion Targaryen's path to victory was a lot shakier but he showed great growth with every round.

This day's feast was met with a great surprise as doors were opened to reveal a mesmerising beauty from Dorne. She was accompanied by guards who wore the distinguished heraldry of House Dayne, leading to countless gazes turning to the entrance. Many walked forward to greet her but she courteously walked past them, all the way to where the Dragon Emperor stood.

"My, look at you all grown up... from a cute little sweetheart to a fully-grown Conqueror!"

Aerion Targaryen turned away from her violet eyes in embarrassment. "Did you have to say that in front of my entire court, auntie?"

"Hahaha... my condolences," She courteously bowed. "Your Grace? What is the proper way of addressing the Dragon Emperor Aerion?"

"I haven't decided on it yet." Aerion Targaryen shrugged. "Besides, that's not important. I'm glad to see you here... after all, the Lady Ashara is known for bringing fire to the darkest of halls. It will make the Grand Joust and my following nameday all the more brilliant."

"You flatter me, Your Grace..."

"It has been a good while, Lady Ashara." Elia Martell approached Ashara Dayne, who had served as her lady-in-waiting for quite some time. "How goes life at Starfall?"

"Not much has changed since your last visit, Lady Elia, except for all the men singing songs and tales of your son's endless victories."

"There is no shortage to those... along with the worries that come with every said battle."

"Mother... I always choose my battles wisely." Aerion Targaryen countered.

"Like the duel to the death where one of those horse lords nearly cut your neck open?"

"The keyword is nearly." Aerion Targaryen replied, smiling a little.

"He's still a cheeky one, I see." Ashara Dayne giggled as her violet gaze met Aerion's own.

...

Ashara Dayne's presence had certainly made matters more interesting. Despite being almost thirty years old, she had never married and only really served as Elia's lady-in-waiting. This brought up rumours of her being more so interested in women than men, although she would occasionally dance with several lords.

"So, my fine and handsome Kingsguard, who are we naming our Queens of Love and Beauty if we win?" Aerion Targaryen wondered, gathering all of his Kingsguard in a separate hall after a banquet.

"I do not play silly games like jousting." Robert Baratheon scoffed, drinking some more wine. Even wine didn't affect him as it did before, it had long since become a habit.

"He says that because he is a mediocre jouster." Jaime Lannister replied indifferently. "As for who I would choose, I would have to name my Emperor's mother with respect."

"Hmph... I would still crush you in battle, with all due respect, Lord Commander." Robert Baratheon's 'Lord Commander' was very sarcastic and everyone present could easily tell.

"I would do the same as Ser Jaime." Ser Arthur Dayne nodded, ignoring Robert Baratheon. "Lady Elia is a worthy Queen of Love and Beauty who stood strong for her son despite many tragedies and raised him to be a fine ruler. It would be a brilliant way of undoing the Tourney of Harrenhal, where Prince Rhaegar disgraced her name... no offence to your father, my Emperor."

"You know I'm not too fond of him." Aerion nodded as he agreed completely with what Ser Arthur had stated. He then turned to Ser Barristan who was seemingly in his thoughts. "Ser Barristan, what about you?"

"I... would choose someone else."

"Would you care to clarify as to whom?" Aerion grew more intrigued once Ser Barristan seemed to withhold his answer... or, at the very least, seemed hesitant.

"I would have to win first, Your Grace."

"Now that we have given our answers, my Emperor..." Jaime Lannister turned to Aerion. "Who would you name your Queen of Love and Beauty?"

"There are too many beauties in this land to name just one..." Aerion sighed, shaking his head. He smirked a little as a thought came to mind. "Since it's my tourney and I'm the Lord of Seven Kingdoms, who's to say that there can only be one..."

"Look at this ladykiller..." Jaime laughed, playfully grabbing his shoulder.

"I have to plant my dragon seeds somewhere and plenty." Aerion jested, laughing himself.

"Shouldn't we just all surrender and allow him to name the Queens of Love and Beauty in our place?"

"Come, now... that would be no fun." Aerion outright refused Jaime's notion. "If any one of you hold back against me, I swear, I'll have you wearing a black cloak instead by the following week."

"As you wish, Your Grace." Ser Arthur nodded.

Ser Oswell shrugged. "Everyone and their mother wants you to win this tourney so any other result would only bring disappointment."

"Then I'd best prevail." Aerion stood up and finished his cup of wine. "Robert, I want you to guard my door tonight."

"The dullest part of the job. Who in their right mind would attack you?" Robert Baratheon, in turn, reluctantly stood up. "Not even fools would voluntarily fall into the Devil's hands."

"You're there to look intimidating and hear the moans of Lady Arianne." Ser Oswell laughed. "Or His Grace just likes having you waste your time."

"... Ser Oswell, you seem to be in a very joyful and loose mood today," Aerion remarked. "Did Lady Ashara catch your eye, hmm?"

"Did she catch yours?"

"... She is my mother's aide."

"Such positions never stopped a Targaryen, Your Grace. And she seemed a 'little' fonder than last time..." Ser Oswell stated, stopping when he saw Ser Arthur's look. "I, uhh, spoke too much."

"I've noticed it too." Ser Barristan replied simply. "Yet, His Grace is ever so faithful to the Lady Arianne."

"Whoever said that a Dragon Emperor could only have a single wife?" Jaime Lannister added. "The Faith's High Septon is one of our own so the Faith isn't an issue to even consider. If he so wishes, my Emperor can have as many wives as his heart desires."

"We turned this meeting into a debate about polygamy." Aerion chuckled, turning away. "Anyways, I will be taking my leave now."

"And I, too... to guard a door." Robert Baratheon followed.

"Sleep well, Your Grace." Ser Arthur stated as Aerion was leaving.

"I will."

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 6.5K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.2M 53K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
502K 14.4K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
376K 22.5K 81
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...