Flower He Couldn't Pluck

By MadhviVashisht8

It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he env... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62

CHAPTER 44

254 22 1
By MadhviVashisht8

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Rose sniffs her running nose while madly looking all around. She got lost in this forest and the reason for her crying is the same.

Coughing deliberately, an insect flew down her throat.  More tears escape her eyes as she curses her fate.

"Andy," She cries out quietly while watching her step. She was supposed to be with him right now. She told him she would be there in no time. He must be worried for her, her family too. They must be looking for her. She thinks. Her phone was with her when she was in university. It must've dropped when those men were shoving her inside the van.

Her legs have started hurting again. The soreness has also begun to come into the picture, Rose has only been running and hiding all day. And crying too.

"Stupid King," She spats.

"How dare he say it was my fault?"

Wiping her tears off she stops walking and eyes every direction.

"Where did I come?" She asks herself. Another tear escapes, aching her eyes.

"I don't know,"

"It all looks the same!" She was on the verge of breaking down. Her incredibly rising breath and eyes pooled with water were the mere indicators.

The silence of the night was making her uneasy and frightened, the loud din of insects and her walking were the only source fighting it. 

"I was so good making pastries and studying all the time,"

"Where have I gotten myself into?" She sobs continuously. Looking back at the days of her working with Andy at Seb Sweets. She reminisces about the times Lily and her studied together.

For a short beat, Rose denounces her decision of leaving that wooden house. But her pride got her back in a split second.

"Why did he kiss me?" She feels the slightest tingling between her legs as she relives the moment again.

Overwhelmed she is. With many questions running in her head. He yelled at her. Condemned her for his wounded shoulder. And kissed her later. It felt like she was dealing with two different people at the same time. Her heart twitches when his words echo in her mind over and over.

And nor would I be stuck here with you!

She scoffs in anger. Like I was so dying to be with you! She thinks.

Minutes pass by like hours. Rose still carries her parade of walking anywhere while her warm tears are constantly tingling against her cold skin.

"Time out, God, please!" She sobs. Thumping frustratedly for a while, she stops by a huge tree and inhales deeply.

Bunning her hair up, her ears vigilant as the rustling of leaves reaches her ears from not so far. If that wasn't enough for her feeble heart, she now could hear the faint voices of men directing from the path she walked on.

"Oh god," She cries out quietly looking in the direction of incoming noises.

She hides behind the tree, while her stare is fixed at the foggy path. Her heart is beating insanely.

Soon four human figures appeared out of the fog. The heart which was beating insanely earlier has now geared up even more. Almost making her chest ache.

With her wet eyes, she saw them coming towards her. They haven't noticed her yet.

Their conversation is clearer to Rose now, thanks to their awfully loud voices and the complete silence night is offering.

"See, see, I stole this from the store behind my house." He flexes his sharp screwdriver to the guy wearing a grey cap.

"Let me see," He takes it from his hand and eyes it wholly.

"Solid, eh,"

"I'll shove it in his neck and then into the girl's." He takes his weapon back and smirks sadistically.

"We need the girl alive, bastard!" The guy with heavy voice spats. He looked dangerous. Even the darkness wasn't able to hide the scar above his right eye.

"Killing him won't be easy too," The last man spoke.

"Do you idiots even know who he is?" He scoffs while shaking his head, "I say we demand more greens for this task," He scorns.

"Rose Stephany." The first speaker sings her name creepily. Chills ran down her spine, giving neck to neck competition to her tears.

Shock and terror strike her hard. She has been listening to them and all she wants is to run. Run for her life.

The fear was getting exceedingly high, making her breathe heavily. She gasps for air but nothing reaches her lungs. Attempting over and over but the running nose and tears pooling out of her eyes were only making things worse for her. She couldn't breathe. Her heart was beating irrationally.

All her focus was on her breathing, she failed to notice that those men were coming near. 

She slaps her chest while reflexively leaning down. Her legs are trembling, and so are her hands. Rose is on the verge of getting a panic attack.

As if all of this wasn't enough to scare her to death, one of those men cautiously stops realising someone's presence around. He gestures to his men to stay quiet while alertly scanning his surroundings.

"Someone's here!" He whisper-yells, heeding everyone else.

The words stretch to Rose's ears too.

There's only one thing left for her to do now, what she's been doing all day. 

~

The enjoyment King was getting from the warmth of the fire in front of him was long gone. He is now continuously looking towards the door, waiting for the moment for Rose to walk back in.

His mind is constantly fighting with itself. Did I say too much? What is taking her so long? What if something happens to her? What if she faints in this freezing cold?

His arrogant, cruel self was slowly melting down as all these questions were eating his mind inside out.

He stands up in frustration. Scoffs at his own thoughts.

"She was the one saying I'd rather stay out!" He converses with himself.

Running his hand through his hair, his eyes again jump on the door. He swiftly opens it and his body jerks upon the sudden attack of cold wind.

"Oh, Rose," Words leave his mouth in absolute pity and shame.

Just hold on. He thinks before sprinting outside, calling out her name. As if the earlier attack of the cold wind sent him back to his senses, he wildly starts searching for her with a sole thought in his mind- Please, don't die on me...

~

"You can't run forever!" The guy owning the screwdriver yells at Rose who has been running for quite a time from them.

She doesn't look back, doesn't stop despite the agony galloping all over her body. She can rest all day once she's safe, she thinks.

Thanks to the fog of the cold night, their sights blurred out, giving her enough time to hide. She scoops into the thick bushes, holding her breath to avoid any movements. But that's exactly what she wants right now.

She whimpers softly when one of the guys approaches her, unaware of her position.

"She came this way!"

"Find her!"

Rose closes her eyes involuntarily, holding her whiff. Praying for her life within.

"There, I see something!" The guy searching in the opposite direction yells before running that way followed by others.

That's when Rose takes deep breaths. Her body isn't immune to running for such a long time. She feels light in her head but doesn't allow her senses to die. She gets up immediately from her place. A few sharp bushes cut her skin but she pays no attention to it. She wants to survive the night somehow. Despite wanting to cry thinking about how life is treating her right now, she walks in the other direction while holding her guts.

"There she is!" She swiftly watches her back and notices those men running towards her.

"No," She cries softly, her eyes become wet yet she starts running.

Her body is literally on the verge of giving up but getting caught by them is keeping her from stopping.

She runs and runs and runs. Paying no attention to the threats and warnings she was receiving from the men chasing her, she didn't stop for a second.

But her heart stops. Her heart stops working for an instant when she feels an arm grabbing her and pulling her towards itself.

She stumbles upon a wall. Her screams muted as a huge hand rests on her mouth, gripping it tightly.

"Shh!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 9.2K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
25.7K 452 25
What is it with the sins of the father? You pay for those sins. I will enjoy every single moment of making her pay. It doesn't matter that her innoce...
364K 10.6K 52
Completed When trauma after trauma seems to occupy her life; the young Olivia Gray escapes to a small village near London where she planned on spendi...
1.4M 9.6K 10
To some, Marriage is a word. To others, A sentence. 「❀」 YOU CAN READ THE FULL AND EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK ONLY ON GOODNOVEL. 「❀」 ミStory Ranking...