Flower He Couldn't Pluck

By MadhviVashisht8

It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he env... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62

CHAPTER 34

294 22 0
By MadhviVashisht8

DYLAN'S POV

"Rose!?" Tyler's loud voice murders the silences right after he storms into my room.

Hannah follows him behind, he looks genuinely concerned for her.

"You need to stay low," The man in white commanded him.

"King, she was drugged, the traces are almost gone but yes, she was drugged." The doctor declares, "She is still weak, don't let her do anything sweaty for now, she'll be alright."

"Here," His assistant hands me a tiny envelope, "Give her these if the headache won't go away."

"Farewell, I wish good health for you,"

"Thank you," I speak, bowing my head slightly.

I watch as the doctor and his assistant depart; as I thought, she was drugged.

Who could do it? I look at the other two people standing in my room, meeting my eyes with Hannah, she blinks rapidly.

Could it be her?

"YOU!" Tyler yells as he takes a few steps towards me, "YOU DRUGGED MY ROSE?" Did he just say my Rose?

As much as I want to rip his tongue apart for the word choices he's been doing, I stay calm, for her.

"Stay low, you idiot,"

"Why did you-"

"I don't want anyone near her right now, get out, I'm right beside you."

"What the-"

"Let's go, Ty," Hannah holds his arm as she speaks softly near his ear, making sure to not let out any noise.

The couple gets out after throwing death glares at me.

What, they're gonna kill me with those? Bunch of kids!

I put the medicine on the table and sat beside her.

Every second feels so long, when are you going to open your eyes?

Did I go too far? 

It was my fault, you knew nothing about last night, yet I chose to behave like that.

"Please forgive me, Rose,"

You would never believe what happened last night, I wish you'll remember it, someday!

~

"No sign of them yet," I speak through the phone, scanning the club around.

"They will be there tonight, just stay alert-" Harry pauses for a while, "And try not to make a scene."

I scoff, "Not doing it for the first time, old man!" He really thinks I'm a kid, how lame.

"Yeah, yeah, but-"

"Bye, you're ruining my night!" I hang up the phone before spatting.

"Woah-"

"Hey-" Rose?

"I've been searching for you," She says, spilling more drink on my shoes. "Hey-" I yell, I just got the pair yesterday and she'll ruin them in no time.

"You deserve this- who-" She sips on her drink. Wait a minute, is she drunk?

She wobbles a little, I reflexively hold her into my arms so she won't fall.

"Oh, you're tough," She says as she presses my biceps.

"No, I'm precisely gentle in fact," I reply, a smirk forming on my face.

She meets my eyes, okay, she is drunk. She backs off and punches me. What the-

"Who leaves his date behind like that, huh?" She sips on her drink again.

Although her punch was more like a feather touch, she got the nerve to hit me? She has no clue who is standing in front of her.

I stood still, astonished by her acts.

"Now-" She makes a puppy face, "Hey," Her face falls as she stares into her glass. It's empty, she threw more than she actually drank, silly girl.

"It's gone," She fake cries, "How would I live now?" She straddles the ground, hiding her face, and hugging her legs.

"Rose-"

She gets up, I help her to balance, "I want to dance, King!" She exclaims in the sweetest tone.

Such. A. Weirdo.

Just a second ago she was crying?! Alcohol affects her way too much, I see.

"ROSE?" A familiar voice echoes through the hallway, "ROSE-" Hannah stops at the door as her eyes fall on us.

"Dylan," Her mouth leaves as our eyes meet.

"Dylan?" Rose questions, she turns her face in my direction, "You're Dylan?"

I gulp, she can't know my name. I can't risk it, not right now.

But, only for once, I want to hear my name in her pretty voice.

I nod before my senses could work, "Stay away from me!" She jerks me off and wobbles a little before balancing herself.

"Where's the King, I thought this guy is King, he looks like him-"

Her eyes go wide, I stare at her in confusion, "You must be his twin, right?"

"Right, Hannah?" Hannah just stares at her, her eyes are holding an emotion, I can't really interpret. Is she scared?

"Rose," Hannah says, walking towards us.

"Why don't you come with me, you're too drunk,"

"But I want to dance-"

"No, you should come with me, don't disturb him right now, he must be busy-"

"No, I'm not, besides, I was just going to ask Rose to dance with me," I speak right before taking her back from Hannah's grasp.
There is something strange going on here.

"She is just really drunk, she might cause you trouble-"

"It's okay," I speak as my arm instinctively snakes around Rose's waist; I don't mind dancing with such a pretty woman.

"Hey, I want King, not you-"

"I am king, my name is Dylan, you silly!" I object as she tries to push me again.

"You're lying-"

"No, I am not,"

"And there is no twin of mine!" She stares at me with those big eyes, her face holding no expression at all.

"Okay, I believe you, you're as annoying as he is,"

What did she just-

"Follow me!" She yells as she starts walking. "That's the exit," I state, her feet stopping and she turns around with an awfully obvious look.

"Who do you think you're telling the directions to, huh?" She speaks walking toward me, "Fine, I'll follow you then!" She rests her head on my chest the second she completes the sentence.

I gave Hannah a nod, she sighs and turns around before slowly walking away.
When did she get so fond of her anyway?

I shift my gaze back at Rose, she tilts her head a little more, snuggling in; her closure ignites many overwhelming emotions in me, I perceive the urge to stop and dive into the never-ending moment.

Why? Is she gonna play with my heart too?

"Looks like you don't know the way either," She scoffs mockingly.

I don't think she could hurt anybody. But again, I've always been punished every time I let my guard down.

"King!" She detaches herself from my chest, and her eyes meet mine, "Nevermind, you're wasting my time," She starts to walk in the right direction.

I am supposed to be mad, right? This girl has been making fun of me ever since and I'm just admiring her?

"I'll find someone else to dance with me-"

"NO!" I reflexively wail before running towards her, I enmesh her arm into mine and lead her.

I carefully take her to the dance floor, not leaving her for even a moment. I simply don't want to. Slow music, no annoying bright lights, and Rose in my arms, this night can't get any better.

She rests her tiny hand on my shoulder and one arm of mine grabs her waist as if it's made of fresh clay, our spare hands collide together as we swing at the same spot.

She stares at me and smiles, throwing lightning all over my body; the edge of her head lounges on my jaw as she steps up on my feet.

She has been successfully ruining my shoes but I do not mind at all, I can let her ruin hundreds of pairs like this.

None of us speaks anything, living in the moment as we're diving in. Her touch, the calmness she possesses, I wish to live in it forever.

I wish to hold her close to me, forever...

"Dylan?" My heart skips a beat as she whispers my name, "Hm?" I ask, closing my eyes as we sway back and forth on the soft beats.

Is this what heaven feels like?

"My head feels heavy," She speaks slowly, "I want to go home,"

"Okay," I reply, nodding frantically.

Should I drop her home? She's too drunk, what if her parents won't like it? Or what if she falls on the stairs?

Or-

Or I am just finding excuses to take her to the mansion instead.

I clench my jaw as the feeling of letting her go is too painful to bear, why can't I just spend more time with her?

Chuck it, you're going with me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400K 10.3K 24
Two best friends head up to a cabin in the woods for a simple, harmless vacation. But things take a dark turn when they are kidnapped. Their only cha...
217K 4.8K 42
"You will tell me everything I want to know beautiful," He whispered and bit the soft flesh near my neck. "Go fuck yourself," I said in a breathy vo...
246K 4.8K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...