I'm Fine

Galing kay JLB_18

{IN NEED OF HEAVY EDITING} Asha grew up with a verbally abusive mother that constantly put her older sister a... Higit pa

Part 1: Chapter 1
Part 1: Chapter 2
Part 1: Chapter 3
Part 1: Chapter 4
Part 1: Chapter 5
Part 1: Chapter 6
Part 1: Chapter 7
Part 1: Chapter 8
Part 1: Chapter 9
Part 1: Chapter 10
Part 1: Chapter 11
Part 1: Chapter 12
Part 1: Chapter 13
Part 1: Chapter 14
Part 1: Chapter 15
Part 1: Chapter 16
Part 1: Chapter 17
Part 1: Chapter 18
Part 1: Chapter 19
Part 1: Chapter 20
Part 1: Chapter 21
Part 1: Chapter 22
Part 1: Chapter 23
Part 1: Chapter 24
Part 2: Chapter 25
Part 2: Chapter 26
Part 2: Chapter 27
Part 2: Chapter 28
Part 2: Chapter 29
Part 2: Chapter 30
Part 2: Chapter 32
Part 2: Chapter 33
Part 2: Chapter 34
Part 2: Chapter 35
Part 2: Chapter 36
Part 2: Chapter 37
Part 2: Chapter 38
Part 2: Chapter 39
Part 2: Chapter 40
Part 2: Chapter 41
Part 2: Chapter 42
Part 2: Chapter 43
Part 2: Chapter 44
Part 2: Chapter 45
Part 2: Chapter 46
Part 2: Chapter 47
Part 2: Chapter 48
Part 2: Chapter 49
Part 3: Chapter 50
Part 3: Chapter 51
Part 3: Chapter 52
Part 3: Chapter 53
Part 3: Chapter 54
Part 3: Chapter 55
Part 3: Chapter 56
Part 3: Chapter 57
Part 3: Chapter 58
Part 3: Chapter 59
Part 3: Chapter 60
Part 3: Chapter 61
Part 3: Chapter 62
Part 3: Chapter 63
Part 3: Chapter 64
New Book!!
Rage

Part 2: Chapter 31

6.2K 336 28
Galing kay JLB_18

"Hello," I answered the phone. I didn't recognize the number.

"I heard you been looking for me," a deep husky voice spoke through the phone.

"Hey, Meech."

"Wassup Asha. Whatchu need from me?"

"Uhhh, can I come see you? I actually just got in town literally thirty minutes ago. You got perfect timing."

"Come by the club," he said.

"The club? I thought Penny said you don't be at the club."

"I don't, but give me twenty minutes," was all he said.

"Okay."

We got off the phone and I went to go get my keys. I was a bit tired from work and the drive here, but I wanted to get this out of the way before I changed my mind again. Royce was spending the night at Iris's house so I basically had the night off from mommy duties. Robyn also was busy so she wasn't here either.

I drove to the club and went around the back. It felt weird not seeing Mac guarding the back exit, but I wasn't surprised. He was loyal to Dashawn, so when he died, Mac left. It's not that he refused to work for Meech, he just couldn't bring himself to do it. The security guard looked me up and down. I told him my name and he spoke through some ear piece, acting all official and shit. He let me in and I went to D's old office, except it was completely empty. I walked further into the room, remembering what it looked like before. I frowned.

"Ain't nobody tryna replace D."

"I know," my frown deepened even more before I fixed my face.

"I guess it's better that this room is empty. I just miss him that's all," I said turning around.

Meech took in my figure and I had to try hard not to blush. "You look good," he said.

Nope, see that's what we not about to do. I mumbled a thanks before walking around him and out the door. He closed it behind him and even locked the door. He took me to another part of the club, passing the main section where the poles and bars were. It was crowded for a Tuesday night.

"Is it always this crowded on a Tuesday?" I asked as I walked in front of him. He easily guided me through the room by my waist. It wasn't until we started going up some stairs that he began to answer my question.

"From what I hear it's always crowded. It don't matter what day of the week." I nodded as I hurried up the stairs. Once I made it up them, I looked behind me and Meech was smirking at me as he ascended the last few steps. I rolled my eyes. He opened one of the doors and we walked into a room set up like an office space. It was mostly bare, but it was surprisingly nice and spacious.

His office overlooked the stage where a dancer was currently dancing. I just stood there admiring the way she moved. Regardless of what people say, I think stripping is an art. It takes talent to spin around on a pole and make it look effortless. Sure, anyone can learn to do it, but it takes actual talent to do what they do successfully and not just as a little hobby. Not to mention, it's obvious if a dancer ain't good, so I bet these girls gotta constantly work their asses off to not get overlooked by another dancer that can come up right behind them and be 10x better. At least, that's what I think.

"I wish I was confident enough to do something like that," I accidentally said out loud.

"You got the body for it."

"That's not what I meant. Don't you gotta have like actual talent?"

"Trust, it's not that deep. All you gotta do is shake some ass. Niggas don't care if you on the pole or not. All they wanna see is ass, titties, and pussy if you willing," he laughed. I stole a glance at him and rolled my eyes yet again.

I ended up watching the girl until she was done. I knew Penny worked tonight, but I didn't know her schedule. I might have already missed her, or maybe she won't perform until later even though it was already late.

"I thought you had something to ask me," he interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh right." I walked over to where he was and sat down on the couch.

"I need some information on someone, maybe a background check. I'm not sure how that works."

"Who?"

"Just my deadbeat father," I shrugged.

"What do you want to know?"

"Any and everything. Kids, any marriages, criminal record. I don't know. I just want to know what the man has been doing and where he's been my whole life."

"I need a name," he said.

I gave Meech the only name that I knew. Hopefully it was a legit name. The only thing I really knew about my dad was that we had the same last name because my mom didn't give me hers.

"You can do that right?" I asked.

He nodded, "Just give me twenty minutes though."

I stood back up and walked to the window. My eyes widened when I saw Penny. I've never actually seen her dance before. My mouth was wide open as I watched her. Let's just say she was not afraid to get down and dirty. I didn't know if she could feel me watching her or what, but we made eye contact and a smirk grew on her face.

"I'll be back," I said as I left the room. I went back downstairs. Penny was making her way off the stage. She motioned for me to follow her to the back.

I caught up to her. Feeling all giddy, I instantly started teasing Penny. "Bitch I ain't know you got down like that."

"I told you. I can out dance any hoe in here." I was impressed.

"You want me to teach you some things? Sometimes I sub for this girl at her studio. She gives lessons in pole dancing. I can help you bring out your inner sexy," she shimmied up to me bare-chested and all, except for some nipple coverings.

"I don't think so."

"Why not! You young as fuck. You should live a little." I continued to shake my head.

"I may not care for dick, but I can help you get some of that as well. Maybe a good dick will help you loosen up. When was the last time you had sex?"

"Penny, that mouth of yours-"

"It can do a lot, I know."

"Oh wow. Okay...you are not holding back tonight."

"Asha, I can get you fucked tonight. I'm dead ass," she said getting ready to walk out the room. I grabbed her real fast.

"No no no. Can you just hurry up and change."

"Fine." She went into her locker as I stood off to the side. I got some curious glances, but everyone mostly minded their business especially since I was with Penny.

"You wanna help me count?" She asked me as a staff member brought in her bag of cash.

"Yea sure." We sat down and she dumped the cash on the ground. It didn't take as long as I thought it would, but it still took a minute as we separated bills and put bands around each stack.

"Are you done for the night?"

"Yep, but Imma go to the bar and get a few drinks."

"You sure? Didn't you drive here?" I asked.

"I'll be fine. Come on." We went to the bar and Penny downed quite a few shots.

"You not gone drink with me? Tonight was a successful night for me, let's drink."

"No ma'am. You not about to pressure me. Don't let me call Briana. I'm supposed to be meeting up with her tomorrow anyway. I'll tell her all about your drunk ass."

"Man, Briana can kiss my ass. She stay playing with my emotions." Oops, I didn't know Briana was a sore topic.

"What she do?

"Always playing hard to get. She know I love her ass, but she keep telling me she ain't ready to be in a committed relationship. The same old bullshit. That's why we still stuck in this 'situationship,' as you've called it before. That's a perfect name to describe us."

Penny didn't know it, but she was basically describing what my relationship was like with Dashawn. We were never together and we never had a status. He was just my baby daddy, or you could say we were friends with benefits. Shit, or you could even say we were just two people having a kid together. But, I did love him. I loved him a lot because he was always there for me-he was there when I needed him. Blame it on daddy issues, but I would've done anything for him. We didn't have the healthiest dynamic, but we worked. I think I met him when I was 16 or something like that. I can't even remember now, but I do remember him introducing me to a lot of shit. And with him is where my addiction started.

At first, I just knew I could control myself, and I did. But after I had changed schools my junior year, everything just got progressively worse. I never blamed Dashawn, but he took it personal when I started getting out of control. He really tried his best to do right by me and he helped me get clean. Actually, I was basically forced to get clean because I got pregnant with Imani, and she was like my rehab in a sense. I didn't want to risk hurting her and having Dashawn hate me so I stopped. At the time, I also promised Briana I would stop. That also helped. I'm honestly grateful because not everyone gets out that easily. Even today, I don't think I fully recovered, but hopefully that part of my life is behind me now.

"Hello?" Penny waved her hand in front of my face.

"My bad, I'm listening."

"You just spaced out on me."

"I was just thinking," I forced a smile. "But, I'm listening. Do you want me to talk to Briana for you?"

"No...I mean, you could put in a good word for me. Maybe tell her to stop ignoring my calls when I ain't do nothing."

"I can do that."

Penny drank another shot and I was starting to contemplate whether or not she'll be able to get home by herself.

"Wait, what made you come down here? I know it wasn't just to see me, unless-"

"Oh shit. Hold on. It's been way more than twenty minutes. I'll be right back." I left the bar and retraced my steps all the way back up to Meech's office. I didn't even knock on the door before entering.

"I completely forgot," I said storming into the room. I came to a stop when I saw that Meech wasn't the only one occupying the space.

"My bad," I grimaced. He was talking to a few dudes. They were deep in conversation, smoking cigars and all. Meech waved me over with the folder in his hand. I walked over to him.

"This for me?" I asked.

"Everything you asked for."

"Cool. Thanks," I said awkwardly taking the folder.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you. My bad for interrupting y'all," I smiled towards the few people in the room. I left immediately after that. I found Penny right where I left her.

"That's enough drinking for you. We should go," I said grabbing the drink out of her hand and finishing what little was left in there.

"Oooh what's in the folder?" She slurred.

"I'll let you know if it's even worth telling."

"Come on," I pulled her up. I made sure she had her money and everything. A security guard walked us out and I drove Penny home. She'll have to take an Uber or something tomorrow to get her car, because right now she can't even speak coherently.

I stayed with her for at most an hour, then I left. I was dead tired and ready for bed. Tomorrow I will go through the folder.

.....

Thank you to those that are reading my story. I'm sorry for any errors in spelling or inconsistencies in the storyline. On a whim, I reread one of the earlier chapters and I realized it had too many mistakes that I thought I fixed, but I didn't. I unpublished the chapter and then republished it after I fixed the mistakes. I'm not perfect lol. It makes me want to go back through all of my chapters again, but I'll try not to. It is what it is at this point. I do try my best to be concise with my wording and not mix up small details like names, for example.

Let me know if you see anything and I'll fix it. Misplaced commas and stuff like sentence fragments don't count lol. I'm not writing a research paper.

Thank you again!!!! Also, please vote on the chapters so that I know if you like the story. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

41.1K 1.9K 36
Daniella never truly had anyone at her side, as her parents were absent, drug dealers who she felt cared more about their business than they did her...
125K 5K 36
"I've never done this before," She said, hands covering her exposed breast in the dark room. The only light that had been shining was coming from the...
462K 20.9K 60
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥. 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐳𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐛. 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 1/2 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘈𝘭𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. Cover b...
8.6K 324 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...