In Love With The Enemy: A Lov...

By TaylinJofficial

24 Year old Alina Maddox, a simple bright girl who lost her father at age 19 to a ruthless Ceo billionaire, T... More

Backstory
Chapter 1: Office Call
Chapter 2: The Stranger (Part 1)
Chapter 3: The Stranger (Part 2)
Chapter 4: His Cousin
Chapter 5: Disturbing News
Chapter 6: Not Convinced
Chapter 7: Unwanted Guest
Chapter 8: The enemy in front of me
Chapter 9: Abducted (Part 1)
Chapter 10: Abducted (Part 2)
Chapter 11: The Jet
Chapter 12: New living arrangement
Chapter 13: The Truth (Part 1)
Chapter 14: The Truth (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Pissed Off
Chapter 16: A Lesson
Chapter 17: Drink her Away
Chapter 18: Apperance and Launch
Chapter 19: An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 20: Little Girl & Her Brother
Chapter 21: Read Away
Chapter 22: Unpleasant Greeting
Chapter 23: Boundaries crossed and Promise broken (Part 1)
Chapter 24: Boundaries Crossed and Promise Broken (Part 2)
25. The Plan
26. One push is all it takes
27. The family call (Part 1)
28. The family call (Part 2)
29. I saved you...or did I?
30. Accept what is reality
31. Right around the Corner
32. Ready or not, here I go
33. The family Dinner
34. Making a change
35. Twisted choices and Hard decisions
36. The proposal
37. A special night, but maybe too special
38. Try again or fail Completely
39. No other Choice
40. The flight
41. Their stay (Part 1)
42. Their stay (Part 2)
43. One of a Kind smile
44. Those special moments
45. Abducted again - Part 1
46. Abducted again - Part 2
47. Getting her back - (Part 1)
48. Getting her back - (Part 2)
49. Back to New Yrok | The Invitation
50. Drama at the Party
51. Make out - love and confessions
52. Morning Awakening
53. Opening up | A sweet kiss | Nausea
54. Panic - (Part 1)
55. Panic - (Part 2)
56. A comforting hug
57. The lake | Doctor's visit
58. Positive pregnancy | The Theatre | A decision made
60. Rage, Hurt, & Terror
Author's note

59. The Goodbye Letter | Welcome home | The stranger's help

31 0 0
By TaylinJofficial

Author POV:

Tristan woke up early and left to go to Turner Enterprises, leaving Alina at the mansion asleep.

He had no clue what awaited him, but he made sure that he kept security around Alina and a nurse no matter what.

Due to the fact that he put all of his business needs to the side so he could be around Alina more, there was a stack of things that needed to be tended to.

He spent half the day working on opening up new companies and buildings throughout the United states to Germany, with Mr. Sheryari.

While he was busy working on business, Alina had woken up with a new found confidence.

Her mind was completely diverted to the plan. Now that she had decided that she would leave the mansion for the betterment of everyone, she was eager to do it soon. To just get it over with already.

It wasn't easy for her to muster up the courage and alert anyone of her plans, or even show her face outside the bedroom. But she decided to spend her last day as joyful as possible, despite the circumstances.

The first thing she did when she left the room was to go look for Tristan, but found him nowhere.

She went for breakfast and there a maid told her about his whereabouts. Even though she was relieved that she wouldn't have to see him on the same day she planned on leaving, she still wanted to see him. She at least wanted one last 'I love you' with a comforting warm hug.

Alina are her breakfast in silence and spent the day talking with her friend Claire. They had grown closer each and every time they hung out. It was an already unbreakable bond between them, despite the few times they have encountered with each other.

She would also miss her. But she would eventually find a way to make everything right where she can live her own life away from there, but still able to communicate with her new friend.

"So what are you're plans today?" Claire asked Alina with pure curiosity.

Alina knew what she was going to do today, but she obviously couldn't tell Claire. She had to keep it a secret.

"I....I don't know just yet." She told her.

"Well, let's change that...shall we?" Claire asked.

Alina nodded. "Sure. What did you have in mind?" she wanted to spend as much time with her as possible before she left.

"How about....we paint!" She exclaimed loudly.

Alina smiled shyly. "I don't think I can paint anymore. It's been like....so long. Its been years since I've picked up a paintbrush or even touched a canvas."

Claire shrugged. "I haven't always been the best at it. But who's complaining?"

"Fine then." She sighed. "Let's go paint!"

Claire squealed excitedly and they both left the room to go down to the art room.

They painted beautiful pictures and made a fun mess in the process. Once they finished, they both cleaned the entire room up and parted ways.

"See you again, soon?" Claire asked her, making Alina inhale deeply. She knew that it would be the last day she would see her.

"Hmmm." She mumbled and engulfed her into a tight hug. Claire was surprised and very much confused, but nonetheless hugged her back with the same energy.

Once Alina got back upstairs and into the room, she went straight to the wardrobe and picked out a few normal clothes. She packed them in one of the luggages and went to the other side where the shoes laid.

She picked out the least expensive shoes on the rack, sneakers and sandals mostly. While packing, she found some of her clothing and she also found something else.

Alina was opening different doors inside the wardrobe and picking out different clothes, when she came across a device. It was very familiar to her eye, and she picked it up to examine it. When she saw it clearly, she gasped.

Laying down in between piles of neatly folded clothes, laid her old cell phone and her purse beside it.

She immediately pressed the power button and a few minutes later, it turned on. The percentage was low, but it was enough to keep her going. She didn't understand why it was hidden in this wardrobe, but she was grateful that she got it back.

There were over five hundred different notifications. From unread texts and messages, to unread emails, missed calls, and unheard voicemails. She listened to each and every one of them. Most were from her worrisome friends, while the rest were mostly from her job. She knew that her reputation would probably be damaged and she'd lost her job by now, but she hoped for the best.

Alina continued packing and threw her phone into the purse, packing the purse in the luggage as well.

When she finally finished packing, she brought the suitcase out with her. She wrote down a letter on the bed for anyone who came across it. She was sure that Tristan would probably read it. Including Claire.

'To Claire and Tristan.

  I know you might be mad at me, furious even, that I left like this without saying a word. There was a reason for me leaving, though.

  But the problem is, I couldn't tell you. I just had to make this decision on my own for the betterment of everyone. You'll probably find me one day and hate me forever for doing this, but I had to. I know you won't understand without a reasonable explanation, but honestly....I can't even give you one.

Just as much as you're hurting right now for leaving like this, I am as well hurt to. But I had to leave. Maybe one day I could tell you....more like show you, the reason why I left. But right now, I just can't.

Claire. Ever since we met, you've been really nice to me and very supportive of what I believe. You cared about my feelings and gave me your comfort through a new-found friendship we discovered together. You never doubted nor judged me about anything I've shared with you. Every single thing I say, you listen to and share your thoughts about. You are cautious about my feelings and helped me when I was lonely around this new place. You made this new life I had to live....fun, exciting, and you made me want to continue going. So, for that I thank you. Thank You so much for being such a great friend to me and sharing your happiness with me. It meant the world. And I'm sorry that I have to leave you behind. It's not my intention to hurt you, but I have to leave. You might not understand why, but, I feel like it's for the best. Be happy and remember those moments we shared as friends. We will met again....soon ~ Love, Alina:)

Tristan. I have always hated you in the beginning, because of what you took from me. I still can't forgive you for that, but things have changed over time between the two of us. At first, I couldn't stand to look at you and wished that you were dead. But now, you're the only thing I've wanted to look at, and I want you to be safe. The life you live is dangerous and unfortunately, I can't be in it. You might be the most angriest man on earth because of my unexpected leave, but there's a reason. I'm sure you'd hunt me down until you find me, starting with my home. I will be expecting to encounter with you again at some point, but not right now. I cannot stay here anymore. Every single thing I've shared with you and expressed, was very much real. I appreciate you and I care for you. I know that every single second of my absence will hurt like hell. You're not the only one. I've become extremely acquainted and fond of you, so this wasn't easy. But, I hope you try to forgive me for this. You might be pleading with me to give you a hint on why I'm leaving so suddenly. Well, I owe you that much. Ever since that night we spent together....things changed in ways you'd never understand. And everything became more complicated for me when you revealed the truth about Amberleigh and Preston. There is something that I can't tell you about my health, because I'm not really sick....but I'm not well either. And I could tell how you felt when you explained everything to me about them. You felt not only ashamed, but I knew you weren't ready for that responsibility. So I won't burden you with another one. I hope you get the message and understand what I'm trying to say. Of course, we will meet again, and I will have no other choice but to tell you the truth. As long as you know that I didn't leave you to hurt you, I left you to help you, then I'll be fine. Find happiness with those two....they are contagious when it comes to that. Yours truly, Alina ~

A lone tear ran down her left cheek as she folded the letter and left it on her bed after making it up. She wiped the tear from her cheek and sighed deeply.

She knew he probably wouldn't understand her reasoning and would most likely hate her, but she hoped for the best out of her decision to leave him behind.

After making the room spotless and almost untouched, she checked every corner of the house.

There were security men everywhere and there were people who checked up on her every thirty minutes to an hour. They didn't come earlier because of her being with Claire, but they would now. She only had about fifteen minutes before they would come to check up on her.

'Alright, fifteen minutes to leave this place without anyone knowing. How unfortunate.' She thought and sighed, picking up her suitcase.

She checked the area and found that there was an exit. Sneaking to the west wing, she came out to the yard where she and Tristan spent time together at, when they came back from the dinner that night.

She had just realized that the same place she walked with Tristan to the lake at, thats where they danced in the rain. That same field of flowers.

Her emotions tried to take control over her, but she refused to let it. She quickly ran towards the opposite direction to find another pathway. She walked down the pathway and there, everything around her started to become barren.

But she took a right, where she found another pathway that was hard to see. She walked down it and after another ten minutes or so, she didn't know where she was.

Though, she continued on walking until she found streetlights on her left. She walked down towards the direction of the street, and soon found herself located around another lake and a few houses could be seen in a near by distance.

She walked down to the direction of the houses, and passed up a familiar mansion. Tristan's mansion.

Ignoring it, she took out her purse and opened her phone. She called an Uber and in less than five minutes, she was driving back to California. The long way.

********************They took multiple breaks throughout the drive and they stayed in silence, only to speak when he asked a question about the destination.

After a very very long drive, Alina finally made it back to California. She paid the driver hundreds of dollars for the long drive and got out of the car.

She inhaled the fresh familiar breeze of California. She was standing close by her house, which was located in the outskirts of Los Angeles.

Alina walked to her house, the tears escaping her eyes as she neared it. Once she made it to her home, she grabbed the keys from her purse and unlocked the door.

She immediately walked inside and looked around. Everything looked the same, except for a foreign smell she couldn't decipher.

As she got closer, she noticed that the smell was actually the scent of an unknown person.

Alina immediately put her guard up as she entered her living room, to find an unknown man there.

The man's back was facing her, so she couldn't see him. "Who are you?" She asked, and he immediately turned.

He was unfamiliar and she didn't know him. He had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hello! You may be wondering who I am. I am Lucasa, but you can call me Luca or Lucas."

"Why are you here?" She asked him.

"I am here on behalf of Katherine Gillards. She sent me here to....help you." He replied.

Alina furrowed her eyebrows. "Who?"

"You went to her yesterday about your pregnancy." Lucas told her.

Alina looked at him dumbfoundedly, but then her head realized what he was talking about. "Wait....Ms. Kathy sent you?"

He nodded. "She did. My apologies that I may have given you a little scare from the unannounced visit."

"But why did she send you?"

Lucas sighed. "You may realize that you have successfully gotten away from him, but he will find you. Very soon. So you'll need my help."

Alina shook her head. "No. I don't need your or anyone's help. I can do everything on my own. Thanks but no thanks."

"Yes, you will need my help. Otherwise, you and you're plan is doomed. He is most probably on his way right now. It had been about....46 hours already. I'm sure he's aware of your absence by now. So....what's it gonna be?" He asked her.

"What is what gonna be?"

"Are you gonna refuse my help and get caught already, or are you gonna come with me and make sure he doesn't find you nor find out about your pregnancy?"

Alina sighed and thought about it carefully. She didn't easily trust someone, but the reminder of Tristan knowing, had her vulnerable for any help she could get.

After a while of hesitation, she sighed. "Alright. Fine, I will come with you."

He gave her a sinister smile. "Great! Well, let's get going before he finds you here."

But she was yet to see his real intentions of helping her....

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 4.4K 50
This is the second book of the series. Though it can be read as a stand alone book. I would advice you to read Time Flies first. Thank you... Shane S...
71.2K 7.1K 24
She was so naïve to fall for him the billionaire son of Malik Empire just so he can completely ruin and destroy her to the point of no return. People...
25.9K 427 25
"Alina, please believe me that i haven't been messing with anyone. What do i have to do for you to understand how much i want to be with you?" Madiso...
9.8M 250K 36
After surviving a tsunami together, art collector Genevieve and CEO Tristan face endless hurdles back home in the shape of vengeful exes and dark fam...