In Love With The Enemy: A Lov...

By TaylinJofficial

24 Year old Alina Maddox, a simple bright girl who lost her father at age 19 to a ruthless Ceo billionaire, T... More

Backstory
Chapter 1: Office Call
Chapter 2: The Stranger (Part 1)
Chapter 3: The Stranger (Part 2)
Chapter 4: His Cousin
Chapter 5: Disturbing News
Chapter 6: Not Convinced
Chapter 7: Unwanted Guest
Chapter 8: The enemy in front of me
Chapter 9: Abducted (Part 1)
Chapter 10: Abducted (Part 2)
Chapter 11: The Jet
Chapter 12: New living arrangement
Chapter 13: The Truth (Part 1)
Chapter 14: The Truth (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Pissed Off
Chapter 16: A Lesson
Chapter 17: Drink her Away
Chapter 18: Apperance and Launch
Chapter 19: An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 20: Little Girl & Her Brother
Chapter 21: Read Away
Chapter 23: Boundaries crossed and Promise broken (Part 1)
Chapter 24: Boundaries Crossed and Promise Broken (Part 2)
25. The Plan
26. One push is all it takes
27. The family call (Part 1)
28. The family call (Part 2)
29. I saved you...or did I?
30. Accept what is reality
31. Right around the Corner
32. Ready or not, here I go
33. The family Dinner
34. Making a change
35. Twisted choices and Hard decisions
36. The proposal
37. A special night, but maybe too special
38. Try again or fail Completely
39. No other Choice
40. The flight
41. Their stay (Part 1)
42. Their stay (Part 2)
43. One of a Kind smile
44. Those special moments
45. Abducted again - Part 1
46. Abducted again - Part 2
47. Getting her back - (Part 1)
48. Getting her back - (Part 2)
49. Back to New Yrok | The Invitation
50. Drama at the Party
51. Make out - love and confessions
52. Morning Awakening
53. Opening up | A sweet kiss | Nausea
54. Panic - (Part 1)
55. Panic - (Part 2)
56. A comforting hug
57. The lake | Doctor's visit
58. Positive pregnancy | The Theatre | A decision made
59. The Goodbye Letter | Welcome home | The stranger's help
60. Rage, Hurt, & Terror
Author's note

Chapter 22: Unpleasant Greeting

22 1 0
By TaylinJofficial

Tristan Pov:

Today was the day I went back to her. Of course she wouldn't be ecstatic about it, but something inside of me was. Even just these few days away from her felt like eternity, because she unintentionally tattooed herself inside my head, heart and soul.

Our work in London was complete, and it was finally time to leave this wonderful place. Me, my bodyguards, and both of my personal assistants took different vehicles to the private jet.

The flight back felt longer than thirteen hours, more like thirty-hundred to be exact. When we finally landed on the airstrip, it didn't take me long to exit the jet.

"I will be riding back alone, take the other vehicles back." I said to my driver and the others.

They nodded, "Yes sir," I heard him say.

My one and only Lamborghini Aventador SVJ was currently waiting for me, and I slid into the driver's seat of the car.

The moment the engine started, I wasted no time driving away at a fast speed. It took me less than ten minutes to arrive back at the mansion, hence I drove swiftly.

The others pulled up behind my car almost five minutes later. I rolled my eyes, realizing how slow they were driving.

I cut off the engine and left the car in the driveway. As I walked towards the entrance, I was drowned with 'hello' and 'welcome back' which I replied to with a simple nod.

Once I walked it, the familiar scent of the home and the aroma of pastries in the kitchen hit my nostrils. I looked thoroughly around the house, and found everything neat like I left it.

There were a few changes I noticed, like how I could tell the living room had been used frequently. I went to my bedroom and took a quick shower, then changed into a more comfortable fit.

The entire time, the only thing that came onto my mind was seeing Alina, but I didn't need anyone to know how eager I was, so I let time pass before I went to see her.

When I felt like enough time had passed, I went straight to her room. I opened the door and looked around, but she wasn't anywhere in the room.

I closed the door back and looked around the house for her. She wasn't anywhere outside, and the halls were pretty much empty besides the maids strolling around.

I stopped one of them and asked where she was. "Where is she?" The lady had understood who I was referring to, and wasted no time to tell me.

"She had left her room a few hours back and went that way. I don't know exactly what she was doing, but she hasn't left since." The woman pointed to the opposite direction of my office.

"Has anyone not listened to me when I specifically ordered them to "watch her" and not just let her go wherever?" A bit of anger coursed into me.

I didn't want her just walking around anywhere in this huge mansion, for her to get lost or find herself somewhere she didn't need to be.

"Yes sir, I- we..." I cut her off with the raise of my hand.

"Don't even bother explaining."

I left her standing in the hallway as I went into the direction she pointed at. Nothing in this part of the mansion was worth staying in unless she went to the library.

That was the first place I looked for her. I fully opened the door and walked in to find myself facing the back of Alina as she drowned herself in whatever book she was reading.

She hadn't noticed I walked in until I cleared my throat, which got her attention because pulled her head out of the book and cocked her head at me.

The moment she saw me, her eyes got wide and waves of mixed emotions I couldn't decipher had flooded her onto beautiful face.

Amusement filled me by the way she reacted at seeing me here. "Wha- how....you" She couldn't even get her words out correctly.

"Who said you could come here?" I asked her teasingly, and she averted her gaze.

"Um...I- I got bored," She responded meekly.

I didn't care much about her being here. At least she wasn't somewhere else, but she had to be walking through the halls to find herself here.

"So you decided to stroll around until you find something to occupy your time?" I raised my brow.

"Yes, I guess I do then..."

I laughed at her reply. "You shouldn't do that. Don't want you finding something that might scar you for life.." A smirk found its way on my face.

She furrowed her brows in confusion. "What?"

**************

Alina Pov:

I woke up with a bad feeling that today was the last day of Anti-Tristan. To get my mind off of the thoughts, I went back to the library and read different novels from the 90's.

One of my multi-time favorites was wuthering heights. I was in the middle of reading Tall, dark, and deadly, when the door opened.

The air in the room changed, and somehow I just knew it was him. I acted like I didn't hear or know about the other presence filling the room, and kept my head in the book.

I couldn't read the words properly, my eyes were down but they weren't focused on the book. When I heard someone clearing their throat, I immediately looked up.

I already knew it was him, and I was proved right when we caught eye-contact. Out of impulse, my eyes widened in shock at seeing him even though I knew he was coming.

"Wha- how.....you," I accidently stammered while speaking.

He seemed completely unaffected by my reaction, except for the amusement dancing through his expressions. I bet my face had turned all types of ways seeing him, none of them close to pretty.

"Who said you could come here?" He asked me.

I wasn't scared to tell him why I was here, but for some reason it was hard for me to get my words out correctly, which pissed me off.

"Um...I- I got bored," I told him in an almost inaudible tone.

"So you decided to stroll around until you find something to occupy your time?"

My nervousness started to die down as he continued asking me questions. Does he honestly think that all I could do was stay holed up in that room, only to come out when I need to freakin' eat?

If he was going to keep holding my hostage in this big ass mansion, then I'll need to do something the entire day besides get drowned by my overthinking. Can't I get a break from him, again?

What did this library mean to him? It's not like he cared about this place, someone like him would give a damn about these things. At least reading kept me from doing something way worse, like trying to kill him for torturing me.

As much as I wanted to chew and spit him out with my words, I didn't. "Yes, I guess I do then..."

He surprised me by laughing, because I had no clue what I said that was funny. I sure wasn't laughing, what was there to laugh about?

"You shouldn't do that. Don't want you finding something that might scar you for life.." He joked with a crude smirk on his face, but something about his tone sounded serious.

I was now curious and confused. "What?"

He didn't respond, instead just continued to hold his gaze on my figure. The intensity of his stare had the insides of me jumping, wishing I was invisible.

"What do you mean," I asked.

"Don't worry about it..." He waved his hand as if he was trying to dismiss the conversation he started.

I wasn't having it though. I hated when people brought something up, and just when I get curious or intrigued, decides they want to leave me desperate to know.

"No- tell me!" I raised my voice in frustration.

"Needy for details," his eyes bored into mine, making me want to pull away but I didn't.

He stayed silent, making me even more frustrated with him. "Tell me what you're talking about." I stated in all seriousness.

"I don't have to tell you anything. You can find out for yourself in time, the moment you take the wrong turn..." I would probably be spooked by his words if it weren't for my madness.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't try to say there are ghosts in this house," I laughed at my stupid joke.

Of course there weren't any ghosts or anything, but the way he said that made me even more curious about what would so call "scar" me for "life". What could possibly be that bad besides him?

"No, but you shouldn't go try and look for things that are hidden. That also includes, Not walking down these halls and walking into rooms without knowing what's behind that door. Lucky, you only found shelves piled with books..."

Maybe I should tell him that I went down way more halls and pathways than he thought. I even met two little kids who claimed they live here with their parents.

Wait no, I shouldn't say any of those things. In time, I will find out about that in a way where it doesn't lead to me being thrown in some dungeon for overstepping my boundaries.

"Whatever..." I abruptly got up out of the seat and made my way towards the door.

He quietly watched me as I was leading myself towards him. I stopped and looked between him and the door. I tried to make a run out of the door, but he quickly grabbed my arm.

"Owwww, let me go" His painful grip on my arm was like steel.

"Don't do it again, or else I'll have to punish you." He warned.

"Wha-what are you talking about?!" I was distracted, not caring what he was talking about. All I wanted to do was run and run until he couldn't find me.

"If I didn't give you permission to go certain places, don't take it upon yourself to do so. Do you understand me?" He hardened his tone.

"Let me go!" I spat.

"I will not, until you promise you won't..."

"Yeah, I understand!" I said out.

"Do you really? I want you to promise on your soul and keep that promise, Alina"

Promise on my soul? To do what, stay in that room all day and do nothing but sulk in some corner until I die of boredom? It was not like he could actually take my soul or some shit for breaking some stupid promise I was incapable of keeping.

"What if I don't?" I tested.

"ALINA....." His grip got harder, making me yelp out in pain.

"F-Fine! Fine, I promise I won't go...I won't" I stopped and silenced myself.

"You won't what?" He asked with a sharply raised brow.

"I won't do it...." I mumbled.

"Words Alina," Tristan shrilled.

"I promise I won't take it upon myself to stroll around without your "permission", I wryly stated.

"Good," He nodded, but didn't let my arm go.

"Now leave me!" I was about to burst in anger, because of the pain and the stupid promise he made me say.

Tristan eyed my actions and held my gaze for some minutes, while I threw daggers at him. When I thought he wouldn't let me go, he finally did and I exhaled in relief.

But he wouldn't get away with what he did so easily. I don't know where I got the courage and strength to do this, but I did.

Without thinking, I quickly kicked him where the sun doesn't shine, making him groan loudly.

"Fucking bitch, what the hell was that for!" He shrieked.

A victorious smirk came upon my face, it felt good to get revenge. Only if I could make him hurt even more. I was aiming to poison him or something between those lines, but this will have to do for now.

"Oh stop acting like a baby," I rolled my eyes, as he was on the ground.

"And you asked what that was for?" I raised my brow playfully.

"That was for fucking with me, you had it coming. Revenge is best served cold..." I flipped my hair back dramatically and quickly ran out the room.

"I will fucking make you pay for this, bitch!" He screamed from the library room.

I was running down the halls like a thunderbolt, while he tried to get up and catch me. "Yeah, we'll see about that..." I knew that was childish to say, since he would catch me at some point, but it was nice to be in control for the little time I have.

Where was I going? No clue, definetely not in the room because that would probably be the first place he would check for me. Instead, I swiftly turned different corners until I didn't know where I was.

For once, I didn't care if I was once again lost for being stupid. I continued to run, because I didn't want him to catch up to me.

I could still hear his painful voice screaming out different threats that he supposedly "had" for me once he found me. I kept running and running, all the while having a huge cheeky smile spread on my face like a kid drowning in happiness....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

997K 43.4K 47
C O M P L E T E D ☙❦❧ "Who would ever love Medusa?" "The blind," he whispered. ...
23.2K 4.5K 50
This is the second book of the series. Though it can be read as a stand alone book. I would advice you to read Time Flies first. Thank you... Shane S...
1.8M 46.5K 128
She was his motivation. Madison Connor, the only woman he had ever loved, the woman he had hurt, the woman he had left. Billionaire Damien Daniels ha...
26.7K 751 42
Ally Crystal McCann is a 23 year old beautiful young lady who has been through a lot she has Battled and beat cancer twice she Is a loner she did ha...