In Love With The Enemy: A Lov...

By TaylinJofficial

24 Year old Alina Maddox, a simple bright girl who lost her father at age 19 to a ruthless Ceo billionaire, T... More

Backstory
Chapter 1: Office Call
Chapter 2: The Stranger (Part 1)
Chapter 3: The Stranger (Part 2)
Chapter 4: His Cousin
Chapter 5: Disturbing News
Chapter 6: Not Convinced
Chapter 7: Unwanted Guest
Chapter 8: The enemy in front of me
Chapter 9: Abducted (Part 1)
Chapter 10: Abducted (Part 2)
Chapter 11: The Jet
Chapter 12: New living arrangement
Chapter 13: The Truth (Part 1)
Chapter 14: The Truth (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Pissed Off
Chapter 16: A Lesson
Chapter 17: Drink her Away
Chapter 18: Apperance and Launch
Chapter 19: An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 20: Little Girl & Her Brother
Chapter 22: Unpleasant Greeting
Chapter 23: Boundaries crossed and Promise broken (Part 1)
Chapter 24: Boundaries Crossed and Promise Broken (Part 2)
25. The Plan
26. One push is all it takes
27. The family call (Part 1)
28. The family call (Part 2)
29. I saved you...or did I?
30. Accept what is reality
31. Right around the Corner
32. Ready or not, here I go
33. The family Dinner
34. Making a change
35. Twisted choices and Hard decisions
36. The proposal
37. A special night, but maybe too special
38. Try again or fail Completely
39. No other Choice
40. The flight
41. Their stay (Part 1)
42. Their stay (Part 2)
43. One of a Kind smile
44. Those special moments
45. Abducted again - Part 1
46. Abducted again - Part 2
47. Getting her back - (Part 1)
48. Getting her back - (Part 2)
49. Back to New Yrok | The Invitation
50. Drama at the Party
51. Make out - love and confessions
52. Morning Awakening
53. Opening up | A sweet kiss | Nausea
54. Panic - (Part 1)
55. Panic - (Part 2)
56. A comforting hug
57. The lake | Doctor's visit
58. Positive pregnancy | The Theatre | A decision made
59. The Goodbye Letter | Welcome home | The stranger's help
60. Rage, Hurt, & Terror
Author's note

Chapter 21: Read Away

21 0 0
By TaylinJofficial

Tristan Pov:

After my new company launched in London, I met other entrepreneurs and businessmen who wanted to collaborate with me and sign contracts in the future. We set up meetings and I spoke with a few of my associates that I had close connections with.

Once that was all over, I spent some more time in London and stayed at the penthouse. I didn't get another call from anyone back at the mansion in Denver, but I only asked them to call when I needed to know important information about someone or something.

Of course I couldn't help myself to not check the cameras. Earlier this morning, I checked and found her coming out of the bathroom with a thin towel wrapped around her beautiful curvy body. Her hair was dark and wet from the water, she was far from sexy in my eyes.

It would be a lie if I said that I wasn't hard as a rock from just looking at her. I had to remind myself multiple times that I shouldn't think of her in that light. It sure wasn't easy either....

Eventually I got tired of following her every move with my eyes like a fucking creep, so I stopped looking and I missed her almost instantly. 'Yeah something's wrong with my mind....' I thought.

I did my morning routine and got dressed for this morning. Tomorrow I was to leave London, and fly back to the Mansion where Alina was currently staying at. Something in my body reacted to the reminder of that, but I forced myself to ignore my psychotic thoughts.

Any thought in my head that concerns Alina, is instantly a psychotic thought to me. Why? Because I was a dumbass to think of her at all. But what could I do about it? Nothing.

I heard a knock on the door of my room, and I went to open it. When I did, Jonah was standing in front of me.

I gave my other assistant, Jonah, a few weeks off so he could take care of his family. Earlier this morning, he took one of the private jet's to fly out to London. Now he's back....I gave him a smile.

"Hey," I said, looking at him curiously.

"Hello Sir Tristan, Mr. Pacinotti wants to meet with you..." He said.

Ronaldo Pacinotti is a italian entrepreneur who has signed deals and contracts for many companies and industries in almost every country on the planet. Ever since he got into business, he was a wealthy man and filthy rich. I hate to admit it, but he had over hundreds of billions more than me.

Some even say half of his wealth came from being secretly associated with different mafia groups. This didn't faze me one bit, hence he was as old as my own father and I was sure they had to have known about each other.

I nodded. "Okay let him know the details and information of this meeting, and inform him that I accept," I responded professionally.

"Yes, Sir..."He replied and left to complete what I asked of him to do.

Some time later, Jonah returned with questions about the meeting setup.

"He asked if next friday at 5 pm at the diner around the corner from his many companies?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah, confirm.." I replied.

"Okay, sir.." He left once again.

He then came back a few minutes later and informed me that everything was set up. He gave me the details and information about the meeting.

"Please save all of the details for me..." I nodded towards the business laptop.

He opened the laptop and did just that. Once he finished, I let him go so I could have my privacy. What I needed it for? No reason, really. Though, I didn't want to be bothered at the moment.

I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, placing my gold rolex on my wrist and adjusting it properly.

My mind once again went through the Alina phase, having so many questions. The question on top was bugging me to no extent. 'How does she feel?' I wondered.

I could always pull up the security cameras and view her, but that didn't work for her feelings. I could see the inside of her, what she thought or felt. I could only see the outside of her, and could only hear what she decided to say out loud.

She mostly kept her thoughts and feelings bagged up inside of her, where no one could see or take a glimpse of it. So my non-stop bugging question was literally a question that couldn't be answered.

A part of me wished that it could though....

I knew she loved me not being around, but then it was obvious that she still didn't enjoy being kept. The emotionless part of me when we met would have loved to do just that, but that wasn't the case anymore.

How could I let her go when I know she ignites something inside me? Alina in general was a code I couldn't crack, but I was so wrapped around her that I would do anything to crack it.

Even if I knew it was impossible to do so, and had no clue how to even if it was possible, I still would never give the mystery of her up.

I hated it, but usually the things we hate the most are the things that give us the most unexplainable feelings. Hate was also an emotion, just like love. They are opposites of each other, but they were both feelings that each individual felt about another person or thing.

Something ignites that feeling, and somehow she did that but I didn't know what she ignited or how she did it, but she did. Now that Alina was my everyday obsession, there wasn't a chance in this world that I'd let her leave me.

I knew that I would never get caught so deep in her that I would let her take me in her advantage, but something inside of me was already damaged.

Like they say, the damage had already been done, no turning back now even if you wanted...needed to.

Even if I had to keep her captive for the rest of my life without pursuing her, then so be it. Whatever needed to be done in order for me to have her forever but still had my self dignity and power.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Alina Pov:

If it weren't for the maids waking me up, I would probably still be asleep. I had finally closed my eyes at what I believe was around four in the morning.

I still had a hint of tiredness in my body, but most of me was restless. The maids informed me that it was lunchtime, and that I had missed breakfast.

I thanked them for waking me, and went to eat the moment I stepped foot out of the bed. You would have thought I wouldn't be that hungry after all the food I ate yesterday.

I wasn't famished like I was, but I still was surprisingly hungry for a full meal. Not extra, but fully instead of a small of half meal.

When I finished eating, I placed my dish in the sink. I proceeded to clean the dish, but I halted when I felt a hand placed on my shoulder.

"Please dear, let me..." I heard Ms. Yadetch say from behind me.

I turned to face her, and gave her a genuine kind smile. "You have done so much already, I honestly have no problem washing this one dish that I ate off of."

What I told her was completely true. It was only fair on my part. Ms. Yadetch had so much hospitality and she always did everything for me. I felt it was only right on my part to wash this...hence I ate off of it.

Besides, I had nothing better to do. This was better at keeping me busy, even for a few minutes. The only thing I ever did was watch tv, stay holed up in that room, and not to forget how I always find myself getting lost in this huge house and finding surprises.

I missed the outside world, and it brutally hurt my heart and soul to think about being held here forever. I needed fresh air of freedom, to do whatever I felt without having someone tell me what to do.

To do what I loved and wanted, take care of my responsibilities, and never had to worry about being around anyone or anything that made me uncomfortable.

I needed that feeling again, but what if I could never get to feel it ever again?

Ms. Yadetch pulled me out of my painful thoughts. "It's my job, dear. You find something fun to do, I can do this...."

I gave her a stern look. "There is nothing "fun" to do here, please just let me do this..." It felt like I was practically begging her to wash a dish.

She considered my proposition, and finally let in. "Fine.." She defeatedly said.

A huge smile came onto my face. "Thank you," I said.

If anyone was to see me at this very moment, they'd think I was probably crazy. I didn't care though...

When I finished washing the dish, I dried it with a clean kitchen cloth and then placed it on the counter since I didn't know where it was supposed to go. Someone would put it up for me.

Watching tv almost everyday had started to become boring, so I skipped it for today. I didn't go back to the lonely room nor did I try to go outside.

Instead, I went on another hunt to find something new to do. There had to be so much more activities and things to do at this castle-like mansion that seemed to be never-ending.

I knew the risks of going walk through the house by myself, but getting lost was the last thing on my mind at the moment.

I decided to take the opposite direction of what I always took. I found offices and more rooms, but one seemed fairly interesting.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I carelessly walked into the room. When I did, I turned on the light and was met with comfy couches, tables, and many bookshelves that were filled with what looked like thousands of books.

My face lit up, and I suddenly got the urge to read. I loved books like crazy, it was my addiction and obsession. How did I survive so long without reading?

A bigger question was: "Why does a ruthless man like him have a home library?" I was sure that he doesn't read books, unless it concerned business. This had to have been only for decor or something.

Even though I was positive that he didn't use this, the warmth that surrounded the room gave me doubts about my thoughts. From what I noticed while looking around, there wasn't even a speck of dust in view.

Either it wasn't left in the dark and someone did use this room, or the maids around the house never forgot to clean and dust in here.

I was more sure about the second thought, but I couldn't help but wonder if someone did spend time in this book-room, library or whatever they call it.

I dismissed the thoughts by shaking my head, and looked through all the books. My fingers grazed on each and every book I passed while my eyes were searching for the right one to read.

After looking for I don't even know how long, I found the perfect book to read. I sat in one of the peach-colored chairs, and opened the book.

I stayed like that, reading and reading for hours and hours. I couldn't start to try and explain how much time had passed with me sitting in the same spot with a new book every time I finished the previous one.

I didn't even know how many books I had read, but it was dark by the time I finished the last one. I was tired once again and my eyes were closing.

Well that's what happens when you stare at words for hours, continuing that same action with no stopping point...

I yawned and got up from the chair I was sitting in. I had a backache from sitting for so long, and I stretched.

Placing the book on one the tables close to me, I turned the light off and walked out of the room.

"Well that was so much fun..." I beamed to myself. "Now all I have to do is find my way back to my room..."

"My room..." I shook my head at the thought of that bedroom being mine. I slept in it but no way, even in a million decades, would I ever claim it as mines.

"That room," I corrected my mistake and smiled to myself.

It wasn't that hard to find my way around, but the other path was far from easy. I would be taking this way a lot more often.

When I found myself in front of multiple rooms, I had been stopped by a maid. "Would you like dinner?" The woman asked.

I wasn't feeling hungry, but tired was another story. "No thanks, I'll pass tonight. Thanks though," I replied sweetly.

"Okay, just let me know if you change your mind or need anything.." She nodded and smiled, before walking off. Once she did, I continued my way to "that room".

When I did, I decided to take a warm bubbly bath in the bathtub instead of the shower. It was very nice, but it made me even more tired.

After I finished soaking in the water and washing myself, I dried myself and covered my body with cozy clothes from top to bottom. It was chilly tonight...

My eyes were having a difficult time trying to stay awake, it was like a battle between my body and my eyes. The effect of my body won overall, the moment I threw myself on the bed.

But a question popped in my sleepy, half functioning head. 'When was he coming back? The moment he does, I already knew this care-free part of me would die out by his presence, and I wasn't ready for that just yet...'

I didn't miss him for a moment, but I did wish he could disappear forever. That wasn't gonna happen though.

My thoughts convinced me that I would have a little more time before he came back, but that time was too short than what I thought it would be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 82 12
Rake vows. She vowed to find her parents and also a part of her memories she lost the night she lost them. He vowed never getting involved in...
9.8M 250K 36
After surviving a tsunami together, art collector Genevieve and CEO Tristan face endless hurdles back home in the shape of vengeful exes and dark fam...
10M 470K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
471K 14.3K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...