In Love With The Enemy: A Lov...

By TaylinJofficial

24 Year old Alina Maddox, a simple bright girl who lost her father at age 19 to a ruthless Ceo billionaire, T... More

Backstory
Chapter 1: Office Call
Chapter 2: The Stranger (Part 1)
Chapter 3: The Stranger (Part 2)
Chapter 4: His Cousin
Chapter 5: Disturbing News
Chapter 6: Not Convinced
Chapter 7: Unwanted Guest
Chapter 8: The enemy in front of me
Chapter 9: Abducted (Part 1)
Chapter 10: Abducted (Part 2)
Chapter 11: The Jet
Chapter 13: The Truth (Part 1)
Chapter 14: The Truth (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Pissed Off
Chapter 16: A Lesson
Chapter 17: Drink her Away
Chapter 18: Apperance and Launch
Chapter 19: An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 20: Little Girl & Her Brother
Chapter 21: Read Away
Chapter 22: Unpleasant Greeting
Chapter 23: Boundaries crossed and Promise broken (Part 1)
Chapter 24: Boundaries Crossed and Promise Broken (Part 2)
25. The Plan
26. One push is all it takes
27. The family call (Part 1)
28. The family call (Part 2)
29. I saved you...or did I?
30. Accept what is reality
31. Right around the Corner
32. Ready or not, here I go
33. The family Dinner
34. Making a change
35. Twisted choices and Hard decisions
36. The proposal
37. A special night, but maybe too special
38. Try again or fail Completely
39. No other Choice
40. The flight
41. Their stay (Part 1)
42. Their stay (Part 2)
43. One of a Kind smile
44. Those special moments
45. Abducted again - Part 1
46. Abducted again - Part 2
47. Getting her back - (Part 1)
48. Getting her back - (Part 2)
49. Back to New Yrok | The Invitation
50. Drama at the Party
51. Make out - love and confessions
52. Morning Awakening
53. Opening up | A sweet kiss | Nausea
54. Panic - (Part 1)
55. Panic - (Part 2)
56. A comforting hug
57. The lake | Doctor's visit
58. Positive pregnancy | The Theatre | A decision made
59. The Goodbye Letter | Welcome home | The stranger's help
60. Rage, Hurt, & Terror
Author's note

Chapter 12: New living arrangement

34 3 0
By TaylinJofficial

Alina POV:

I heard him before I saw him.

"Get up, we are about to land," was the first thing I heard before I opened my eyes.

I immediately sat up and looked at Tristan. He was standing a few feet away from me, his eyes on me.

"Wha-what?" I stuttered, looking around me.

"How.... how did I get in here?" I asked him.

When I fell asleep, I am positive that I wasn't in a bedroom.

He didn't answer me so I asked again, thinking he didn't hear me the first time.

"I didn't fall asleep in here, how did I get here?"

"You were obviously uncomfortable in the seat, so I picked you up and brought you in here." He flatly stated.

He averted his gaze to his watch, I assume he's checking the time. "Now get up, again, we are about to land" he ordered me before walking out of the room.

I removed the covers from my body, and got out the bed. My heels were on the floor, and I put them back on my throbbing feet.

My eyes were still sleepy, but I had a little more energy than I did a few hours ago. I sauntered out the room, following behind Tristan. I sat in the seat farthest from him, distancing ourselves.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

"Almost midnight" He replied.

I didn't know where I was. All I know is that he forced me to a gathering, then forced me into a car, then put me on a private jet and flew me to an unknown area.

Like what the hell? My nerves were already starting to get out of control, just remembering everything that happened today.

"Where am I?" I asked another question.

"Stop asking me questions, shut your mouth. You'll see when you see, got it? Good." He snapped at me, sitting down in the seat again. He opened his computer and started to type something again, completely ignoring my presence.

Fucking jerkhead! He is a ruthless, heartless, arrogant asshole and I hate him so much!

Why does my fate always bring me to the worst of situations?

I should be at my home, sleeping right now. Instead, I'm on a goddamn jet with my father's killer, not even knowing where the hell he's taking me.

Like I said, I should have let Arthur break my wrist instead of giving in to him. No, I shouldn't have even opened the freakin' door for Arthur.

If someone had told me that this would be the reality after I gave in, I would have never said yes.

These men and their so-called power on people. How they use their strength and power to rule people!

What am I supposed to do now? How do I get out of this, away from him?

I can't spend the rest of my life with him, never will I ever! I won't allow this for as long as I live.

I should have done a lot of things differently.

Maybe I was just destined not to be happy in life? I can't possibly make all these horrible situations for myself.

I was pulled out my thoughts when I saw a man coming towards us. Just like Tristan, he was dressed in business attire.

He wasn't as intimidating as the other men I've encountered today. I could see how he was nervous but tried to hide it in front of Tristan. I don't blame this poor man, Tristan can make almost anyone tremble in fear.

"Sir, we have arrived." I heard the man say.

I brought my attention to the window, looking at the outside. My mind was rummaging through a lot of things at once, I was a massive wreck inside. If anyone looked at me long enough, I'm pretty sure they'd know it too.

Tristan nodded curtly, instead of responding to him. The man left and I found myself alone with Tristan again.

Everything has been happening so quick, It was hard to process the events taking place. A few moments later, Tristan had grabbed my hand firmly and started to practically drag me out the jet.

His firm grip on my wrist made me let out a small whimper. It was the same wrist that his douchebag cousin almost broke. It was paining again, but I stayed quiet.

He led me to another black car that resembled the other one I was in. It was a sleek black Audi R8 with black leather seats.

"Guys and their damn money", I mumbled to myself under my breath.

The passenger door was opened for me by Tristan, and this time I wasn't thrown into the car. I got in and buckled up after a few protests and deadly daggers. He won, as usual.

Tristan was getting to the other side of the car, the driver's side. "Your driving?" I asked him a little surprised.

"Yea, why?" He looked at me with curious eyes, leaving me in a weird state of frenzy.

Why did he have to look at me like that?

"Uhm...n-no, no reason" I could barely get my words out.

"Sure kooky" He gave me a side smirk before averting his attention to the road.

His response had left me confused as I don't know what.

Kooky? He's got to be kidding.

I rolled my eyes at him, turning my head in the direction of the window.

The mirror outside the car showed those annoying guards of Tristan in their luxury cars, following close behind us.

Why does he need all this? It's so unnecessary.

I understand a few for protection, but he has a whole army following behind his car. For what reason again? It's not like I could possibly kill this beast. It sounds amusing, but it's close to impossible.

"Where are you taking me now?"

"Are you going to keep asking me questions all day long? Stop being so inquisitive all the time, chill!" He raised voice to enthusiast and exasperate his aggravation.

All of a sudden, he turned the radio up a little louder and drove a little faster.

The song that was blasting throughout the car was one of the songs I played on repeat a few months after my father died.

The pain was because of my father, while my Anger radiated from Tristan, though he caused both my pain and anger.

My mind was concentrating on the music, making me remember those first few months.

Oh yeah, oh-oh, ooh

Oh yeah, oh-oh

Am I wasting my breath on you?

Feels like my words are never getting through, yeah, oh

I never said "I hate you" to someone so much before

I'm light-headed when we talk and then you shut the door, goddamnLike what are we still talking for? Yeah

Oh yeah, oh-oh, oh

Oh yeah, oh-oh.......

I really hope you don't see tomorrow

I tried to play nice with you

'Cause all you ever do is try to fuck up my day

And you were successful (But I know the truth)

No, you don't have anything better to do

Everything you ever loved has tried to escape you

So why would I want anything to do with you?

Fuck you.....

I've had a bad day, and it's all because of you

I'm not ok after what you put me through

Oh, oh yeah

Oh, you broke me, fuck you....

My feelings were over the edge, plastered with old and soul wrenching moments of my life. Tristan must've picked up on this, because he turned to look at me.

"Now what's wrong?" He rolled his eyes out of frustration.

I ignored his question, instead letting out a small scoff. Him asking me this is so stupid, for he doesn't even care anyway.

Not that I want him to, I don't.

"I'm talking to you!" He raised his voice, even after turning the radio all the way down.

His loud tone made me flinch. Tristan's voice was deep, dominating, and loud as hell. How loud he was just now, I'm lucky I can still hear.

His blaring voice boomed and echoed through the entire car, leaving me completely speechless and in shock for a few minutes.

I was still calming down from the shock he gave me when he sped up the car, something that was entirely unexpected.

"What are you doing?!" I was slightly panicked by his actions.

He didn't answer me, instead, he went faster.

"Stop!" I tried to get his attention. He wasn't looking at me, ignoring my gaze.

His eyes were on the road, but I had a feeling that he wasn't in his senses, nor paying attention.

What the hell has gotten into him? What did I do now to piss him off? I can never win for losing, can I?!

"Stop the fucking car!" I yelled again, hoping he'd acknowledge me and listen. There's a 99% chance that he won't listen, he is more stubborn than I am.

I don't expect him to listen. I just hope he does, because if he doesn't, he could put us both in danger with the speed he's going.

As if god answered my prayers, he did listen. His stop was harsh, the speed not making it any better.

He had turned the car off on the side of the road in the middle of- I don't even know!

Tristan's attention was completely on me, his intimidating eyes were even more threatening with every passing second. He just stayed like that, not making any movement yet.

I feel like a dog that just did something horrible, knowing that they'd get in big trouble. I was aware that he hated when people yelled at him, ignored him, and demanded him. I did all of the above, so the outcome was looking good right now.

Even though I knew I wasn't supposed to do that, I had no choice. He would have kept going if it weren't for me, and who knows what would have happened next?

His phone started to ring, but he immediately pressed decline.

"What if that was an important call?" I asked him.

Asking him another question was a big mistake though. I only pulled myself down deeper into the dark pit I was in.

I know exactly how I am and by the time we are done in this horrendous game of ours, there was no way I'd be able to get out or see any light again.

"WHAT. DID. I. TELL. YOU!?" He gritted sternly.

If the ground could open at this very moment, I would totally jump in it. I can't even start to explain how extreme his gaze is.

"Answer me, goddamnit!" He yelled at me, slamming his hands on the dashboard.

"Uhm....I... I- I don't...." I didn't know what to say, or how to answer him.

"Stop stuttering and fucking talk right!" He yelled again.

"I.... I don't know... w-what to s-say" I replied.

"You don't know what to say? What happened to you not being able to shut up, always having something to say but now you don't?"

What was I supposed to say to him? I say what I feel, and that's what mostly terrifies me. The last thing I need is to say the wrong thing to him in this state of mind.

He screams dominance and danger. There is no way I'd test these waters of his, I would certainly drown trying to. I hate to admit it, but I'm close to nothing against him.

Yea, I'm strong but he's stronger, and I'm tough but he's tougher. Never would I win a battle or fight against him. When pain and fury takes over me, all my senses washes away and I go big and bold. When my senses are in, I wouldn't dare to try him.

When I started off with him, I wouldn't allow him to make me fear him nor obey his commands. When he is like this, it's hard for me not to be even a little terrified of him.

These few hours that had passed, I learned that he is like me, just better.

When he wants something, he gets it no matter how hard it is or how long it takes. The way I am, I'm not going down without a fight, and him, he'd surely give me that fight and win it. It hurts to say this, but it's the truth.

"You- you were putting us both in danger going at that s-speed. I.... I had to do something to stop you" I looked around everywhere except for him, trying my best to avoid meeting his fury.

"I don't care! I specifically ordered you not to do what you did and you did it anyway. Don't you ever fucking think that you can yell at me, talk back, or ignore me. I HATE REPEATING MYSELF, and If I ever have to do it again, I will fucking hurt you!" He roared in full capacity, making me shudder.

"I- I'm sorry, I w-won't do it....a-again" When I lifted my eyes a little, I accidently met with his conspicuous glaring brown ones.

I felt like his eyes were entering mines and this whole entire interaction with him is past formidable. Looking into me, something in him changed.

You don't have to be close to notice how angry he is at me, but when looking close enough, I noticed how he held a little softness. But how is that possible, and why?

"I choose and try hard not to show you my substandardly unpleasant side, even in the circumstances we're in, but you are constantly asking for it when you choose to do everything I told you not to. It doesn't matter what I have done to you in the past, this is the present and if you continue to think you can defy me because of it, you need to reconsider before you dig an even deeper hole for yourself." He warned me.

"I....." I tried to say but he cut me off.

"Don't even start with that, just tell me one thing. Are you going to listen to me or are you still going to defy me?" He asked me.

The moment he turns to a wild beast, going off, it scares me. I don't want to face his fury, but I will not agree to listen to his commands.

What if he takes it for granted? What if he thinks that he could make me do anything he wants because I agreed?

I can't start to explain the dangerous waters that are rising between the two of us. I don't want to listen to him or anyone for that matter, but I don't want to face the aftermath of defying him and his orders.

This is complicated and tough for me, I can't seem to make up my mind or understand what is happening anymore. I have lost control of the situation, not knowing how to re-take control.

The intimidation he gives me makes me forget more and more. I can't let into him and I can't just not do it. Maybe I should listen, agree to his terms and obey his commands, then later on, take back my consciousness and control over the situation.

It'll be a risk to take, a big one when it comes to him but maybe it's what should happen. I exhaled with a low grunt, before nodding to him, indicating a yes.

"Words, Alina" He said to me in an impatient tone.

I let in a deep breath and exhaled again before answering him, giving him the satisfaction I know he is waiting for.

"Ye-yes I will l-listen" I was fumbling with my hands and my palms were all sweaty. I didn't look at him until I finished with what I said.

His reaction made me feel like I was once again defeated against him, but wasn't I since I let in and agreed? His face held too many expressions, but I knew nothing was coming good from it when a smirk formed across his entire face.

"Good girl" was all he said to me, diverting his attention away from me. He turned the car ignition on and started back on the road.

He had called someone over the phone a few minutes ago about them meeting him at his mansion. He probably had more than one mansion. Sucker!

They had signs that were labeled with Colorado or Denver, including buildings. After we passed a few more signs, realization hit me and I was stupid to not recognize where I was.

"Oh" I accidently said out loud, still gazing at the buildings and so what.

I was in Denver Colorado, and I didn't even know it. I had come here a few times as a little kid, but I haven't been back in years. Not only this but my head was elsewhere for a long time, so that would help explain why I had forgotten about it.

"What?" Tristan asked me, turning his head in my direction a few times before reverting it back to the road.

"We are in Denver, aren't we?" I asked him, trying to get confirmation.

"Yes we are" He confirmed.

"Oh" I simply stated.

Even now that I know where I am, I still don't know why I am here. Why did Tristan bring me here out of all places. There had to be any other place he could have gone. Why choose here? This was a big mystery to me, but my guts told me to let it stay that way for a while. I wasn't ready to deal with him right now, I've done that enough.

"What's with the Oh's?" He asked.

"Nothing, just surprised, that's all" I mumbled back.

"And why's that?" He asked me again.

"Really, no reason. It's just been a long time since i've been here." I responded.

"Oh really" He was getting me all annoyed with his questions.

"Yes" I simply stated.

He looked at me and by the look on his face, he knew that he was annoying me. I rolled my eyes knowing he was doing this on purpose.

Getting some fun out of it, he smiled and re-focused his attention on his driving. We stayed silent like that for a very long time.

We were driving for over 20 minutes when he pulled into a neighborhood. A few more moments and he was driving past gates with guards.

It didn't surprise me when I saw that the house was a mansion. It resembled a castle, because it was almost 5-10x larger than the mansion of his I saw back in L.A.

Not only was it as big as a castle, the mansion's features were castle-like too. It was beautiful from the outside, and the closer I get to it, the more I find it fascinating.

Despite the size and beauty, I really want to know his reason behind bringing me here. Does he plan on keeping me in this mansion?

I'll have to clarify everything on both our terms, because there is no way I could stay here. My life was back in Los Angeles, and he can't just take me away and expect everything to go his way. Not fair, and surely no way!

"Beautiful right?" He turned and asked me.

"Oh-um.... yeah" I replied.

"Like you" He smiled and told me.

I was too distracted by everything else, I didn't even get what he said. I wasn't trying to understand either, because other things were on my mind.

Tristan probably figured I didn't catch on to what he just said to me, so he left it like that. He cut the engine on the car off, followed by him opening and closing his door.

A few strides and he was on the passenger side of the car, where I was. Tristan opened the door for me, his lips in a tight line while he was waiting for me to get out.

I remembered what had happened earlier with him when I left him waiting outside while I was still in the car, deep in thought.

The simplest way to avoid his anger is to be cautious of what you do and say, and follow his directions. With this, I held my thoughts and got out of the car. He shut the door and grabbed my hand, leading me towards this massive house.

I jerked my hand away out of reflex, but he grabbed my hand and buried it inside his huge hand.

"Welcome Boss" A man had greeted Tristan. Probably because he didn't want to be rude, he acknowledged the man with a nod, without stopping.

I can't believe such people work for him. How do people actually live to see the next day. I can barely stand here, and the only reason I have not called him out and escaped his hell, is because he is making me do what he wants by strong force.

Seeing lots of people work for him freely, it's a shocking view. Even if he tried to give me everything in this world, I still wouldn't work a day in my life for him.

He opened the door to the mansion and strolled inside, my hand still resting in his. "Nice place," I complimented his mansion without thinking much.

"Yea, well I'm glad you like it cuz even if you didn't, you'd still be staying here," Was his reply.

I rolled my eyes at his arrogance, but then stopped when I registered what he had said.

"Wait What?!" I frantically asked him.

Am I suddenly hearing things, or did he just say what I think he did? What am I going to do? Everything in my life is literally a big freakin mess. What was his point in doing all of this, because I still don't get it.

"Yes, you heard me right. You. Will. Be. Staying. At. This. Mansion," He said slowly, trying to rub all of it in.

Somehow I just know that he knows that he is making my life a living hell. I can't believe him, this is just too much.

My mouth was agape, my eyes were wide, and my insides were plummeting. He seemed amused with my reaction, and it didn't help my cause one bit. It just made me overreact more.

"Don't worry sweets. As long as you obey every order I give you, your time here won't be as bad as you think it will be." He nonchalantly gave me a smile followed by a smirk.

My lips were trembling and my hands were fumbling as usual. My face was etched with fear, worries, and anger. He is so wrong for this!

Shall my life always make me live the worst? When can I ever have a day where everything is fine?

"I.... I c-can't do t-this" My nerves were toppling over while I kept repeating the same thing over and over.

Not thinking next, I ran. I had no clue where I was running to, but again, I can't stay in this situation.

"Alina!" I heard him call after me, but there was no way I was stopping. I didn't run to the door, I ran the opposite direction, and I did know why I chose not to run out the door.

There were so many openings, corners, hallways and rooms in this house. I was confused but once again, I didn't think, I ran.

"You know you have nowhere to go. No matter what you do, you will never be able to run away from your fate!" He shouted somewhere in this huge house.

"I don't care o-okay! You might be right, but I..... I will not give in to this. I'll die trying!" I called back to him.

He was right about one thing, I couldn't run from what my life is destined to be. Even though I know this already, I still have a little hope left. I'll at least try, that's all I could do. This was an option, and I took it.

Suddenly, I felt a strong muscular wrap around my waist. In just a flip, I was over the person's shoulder. I already knew it was Tristan, and I sobbed loud and hard, accepting I can never be happy or get away from this beast.

I was letting everything sink in, not even trying to fight him off since now I know, it was useless.

He strolled his way up some stairs with me dangling over his shoulder. The next moment, I found myself being placed in a room, on a bed.

"I enjoy your efforts, but for your own sake, you should just stop trying here. For as long as I want you, you will be mine. There is no walking away from me, so just let what's what be. Got it? Great! Now rest." He told me before walking out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

The room was making me feel stuffy. I got out of the bed, and ran towards the door.

I wrapped my hand around the doorknob and continued to try to open the door. The door was locked, I was trapped in this room with no way out.

Even if I considered the window, I'd be splattered all over the pavement. Not only this, but I couldn't even try it since the windows refused to open.

I kept struggling to open the locked door, wearing my body out.

I retrieved my hand from the door and started to let out all my frustration on the door. I kicked, punched, banged the door and screamed at the top of my lungs, crying profusely.

After I finished my mental breakdown, letting all my emotions out of the door, I slid down on it and kept my head rested on it. I kept crying and crying until I eventually blacked out on the floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10M 470K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
46.7K 995 24
Meet Alexandria Frost, 17 years old, Beautiful,but hides under over-sized hoodies and long jeans and With perfect grades, She definitely earned the t...
471K 14.3K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...
81K 8.2K 26
She was so naïve to fall for him the billionaire son of Malik Empire just so he can completely ruin and destroy her to the point of no return. People...